Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 375595 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #2901
I’m super excited to see how she progresses and to have another person in the Scouting Mission!! :D

Reply #2903
I second that SteelPhoenix.

Congrats Trevorw on the new character.
Defeat, Genocide; why quibble with semantics.

Reply #2904
PLEASE WELCOME THE OSTRICH AS OUR NEWEST THEURGIST, WHO WILL PLAY VIVIAN MARTIN!

Indeed, we have a new member, @The Ostrich , and they will be taking over writing the Theurgy's Chief Science Officer, Vivian Martin!

Lt Cmdr. Vivian Martin        Chief Science Officer (V01)  

- Writer:
The Ostrich

For the past week or so, The Ostrich has been reading up on all of Vivian Martin's old threads, getting well acquainted with her story so far. Currently, Vivian Martin is on Vector 01, so The Ostrich will be posting with her in Vertex, along with any new Supplemental threads where Vivian Martin might appear. If there are old threads that were ended prematurely when the former writer of this character left the sim, and the other writer(s) involved would like to continue the scenes, you can just contact The Ostrich, and upon agreement, the old threads will then be unlocked.

Welcome to Theurgy, @The Ostrich ! :) Hope you'll have a great time in our community, and don't forget to swing by on Discord if you like to. The server can be found in the top menu now that you are no longer an Applicant.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2907
EPISODE 05: COURAGE IS FEAR IS NOW A DOUBLE FEATURE!

Hi everyone! In case you are wondering what's happening on the forum, and why threads are split and moved around, it has become apparent that Episode 05 has to be split in two. Therefore, we have a new board, named Part 2, and I am now working on setting things up fully.

Continue posting as usual, checking the new board if you are missing a thread, and more information will come when I am finished with all the work involved. :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2908
EPISODE 05: COURAGE IS FEAR | PART 2 ANNOUNCEMENT

Now, I think I have split, edited and moved the threads that needed moving, and we now have Part 2 of Episode 05 up and running! Here are the current threads:

Prologue: Insurgency [ Day 05 | 2315 hrs. ]
Earlier named Chapter 06: Insurgency, on the old board.

Chapter 01: Blood For Blood [ Day 05 | 0800 hrs. ]
"Chapter 03: From the Ashes" continues here, from the point where the Asurians broke out of the Brig on the Cayuga

Chapter 02: Vantage Points [ Day 05 | 2330 hrs. ]
"Chapter 04: Charades" continued here, from the point where Martok appeared with the IKC Rotarran

I have also moved two Supplemental threads there, since they belong to Prologue: Insurgency, taking place right after or during the arrival to the Maintenance Bays. All other Supplemental threads, besides those belonging to the Prologue, should be posted on the old board until further notice. :)

After the Poll relating to Vertex is finished, a new Chapter will be posted for those with characters in the finished Vertex thread.

Please notice also this thread, which has become the Epilogue of Part 1 of this episode! It ought to be an interesting read for everyone:

Epilogue: Scouting Mission [ Day 05 | 0800 hrs. ]

If there are any questions about this change, please let me know and I will clarify! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2909
Who's the lady on the left, I wonder? :) (not Zeigler)

Reply #2911
HAUNTING DEVELOPMENT IN PART 1'S EPILOGUE!

The Scouting Mission that the Allegiant has undertaken has led the away team to a debris field of a large battle. What happened there is still not entirely revealed, but the thread might give you some clues. Yet this most recent post contains the result of Story Poll that was concluded yesterday. In the Poll, you could vote if the Allegiant ought to stay or leave the debris field, since two Borg cubes just dropped out of warp outside it:

Recent post: The Allegiant goes into hiding

But wait... Who's that drone they saw standing on the escape pod? She seems familiar somehow. Nah, it has to be my imagination.

PLEASE CONGRATULATE TOP HAT ON HIS THIRD CHARACTER: EVORAS!

Now, this Vulcan tactical officer is someone you all know really well by now. After all, she has been in the story since Episode 01. She was there during the Niga Incident, serving as the Theurgy's Chief Tactical Officer. She endured the shenanigans of the Ishtar Entity in Episode 02, until she was shot in the heart by the holographic A.I. of the USS Calamity in Part 1 of Episode 03. She was recently taken out of stasis during Episode 05, resuscitated by Doctor Maya and returning to duty as a Tactical Officer on the Sword, reporting to Keval ch'Rayya. Oh, well, ch'Rayya just died in the battle against the Rotarran, so I guess T'Less is CTO on the Sword now. Anyway, here she is, this well-known face:

Lt. T'Less                    Tactical Officer (V02)  

- Writer:
Top Hat

Perhaps you might be interested, for some reason, to check a cool page of ours here, named Butterfly Effects. I added an entry there at the bottom, about how one character (T´Less) and another (T'Less) is connected through such an effect. I don't know, perhaps it might be interesting?

The efforts of the Theurgy crew is affecting the timeline, and in this most recent change, two Vulcans happened to change career paths. The changes have been implemented on the forum, using the word censor to make the word T´Less (but using ' instead of ´) become T'Less in all old posts on the forum.  The wiki has been updated too, all pages where T´Less was featured changed into T'Less instead.

You might want to check my most recent post in Vantage Points too, where Tyreke Okafor foreshadowed this change a bit. ;)

Anyway, congratulations @Top Hat , and thank you for writing this "old" face in the story.  (laugh)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2914
Congrats on the new character, @Top Hat
@Auctor Lucan  when do we get a boudoir shot of the new tac officer? ;)

now i have to figure out how much of a seizure Sarresh is going to get over this. I'd appreciate knowing exactly what time the ripple occurs so I can have a bit of fun with it ;)

Reply #2915
Cheers, folks :) I'm excited to start writing her. Post in Vantage Points soon.
Nator 159: "I accept no responsibility for the ensign's manifest stupidity. Sir." [Show/Hide]
Ranaan Ducote: "A ship is a home; its crew a family." [Show/Hide]
T'Less: "Your odds of prevailing against us are... slim." [Show/Hide]
Valkra: "Come! We will shake the gates of Sto'Vo'Kor!" [Show/Hide]

Reply #2916
STORY DEVELOPMENT POLL FOR VERTEX AND VECTOR 01 CLOSES TOMORROW!

Don't forget to vote! All members may affect the course of the story with this decision, which will have big consequences regardless the outcome. :)

https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2428.0.html

Thanks in advance for your vote!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2917
So, I have been posting as often and as regularly as i can, also allowing time for everyone to do their part but feeling like there;s something maybe lacking in my posts, I am sure theyr'e good but, i think they can be better, just not sure how i can better them much as i am already doing my best to keep up in this battle and everything.

Any help is welcome heh.

Reply #2918
Apologises to those waiting for me. Starting with Blood for Blood, that post will be up tonight and the rest of the backlog will be completed over the next few days.

Reply #2919
After a conversation in Discord, I've managed to made a spread-sheet with the timeline of Episode 5,  showing time current battles /borg encounters. I'll try to update all the battles or encounters that had happened in the older chapters but i'll thank that you PM here or DM me on discord any data you want that it's show here and is pertinent for most of the theurgist ( character dead, battles, etc.).

I'll update it with the new developments so feel free to use it as much as you want :D

Cheers!

Reply #2920
I wanted to give a brief apology and explanation for why I haven't been very active for the past week.

So something I haven't really talked about but, it really hurts to use my hands/arms right now, the pain started about a month ago, at first it was just a dull burning in the early morning, and it would fade through most of the day, but lately it has gotten worse with a few cramps a day. I went to the doctors last week and last Tuesday, I'm waiting for test results to see if I have early onset arthritis, or if this is some form of repeated strain injury to my hands.

As you would imagine not being able to type for a good portion of the day without being in pain has kinda messed up my writing output. I'm waiting for my doctor to put me on some meds which should help the situation, in the meantime I ask for patience. As you can see by getting this up, today seems to be one of my better days, so I am trying to post for people today.

Reply #2921
I picked up a bug at work on Wednesday and it's just been kicking my ass, I'll be getting posts up as soon as I'm feeling better, which will hopefully be soon.
Defeat, Genocide; why quibble with semantics.

Reply #2922
PLEASE WELCOME ERICMATTHIAS AS OUR NEWEST THEURGIST, WHO WILL PLAY ADAM KINGSTON!

Indeed, we have a new member, @EricMatthias , and he will be taking over writing a character that only the oldest of our members might remember, namely, the Security Officer Adam Kingston!

Lt. JG Adam Kingston          Security Officer (V03)  

- Writer:
EricMatthias

For the past couple of days, EricMatthias has been reading up on Adam Kingston and made some edits to his personality and career. Since the A.I. hologram of the USS Calamity bashed his head in against a railing on the bridge, the changes to his personality has nothing to do with a butterfly effect, but because that part of his brain was damaged. The plating of his skull has been grafted with synthetic flesh, and the seam is hard to notice.

Currently, Adam Kingston is on Vector 03, so EricMatthias will be posting with him in Blood For Blood, along with a new Supplemental thread where Kingston is resuscitated post surgery.

Welcome to Theurgy, @EricMatthias ! :) Hope you'll have a great time in our community, and don't forget to swing by on Discord if you like to. The server can be found in the top menu now that you are no longer an Applicant.

BECAUSE OF RL OBSTACLES, MASORIN WILL NOT BE WRITING NATHANIEL ISLEY

Masorin will instead be focusing on writing his other three characters, so Nathaniel Isley is now available for Inheritance in case someone is interested!

Ens. Nathaniel Isley          Wolf-XX [Icarus] (NPC) (SAVI)  

- Former Writer:
Masorin

Isley has been Corrected by the Savi, and is now a full Romulan fighter pilot. He has a rich background in the story, and is also the brother of Drauc T'Laus. He is currently on the Versant, and until someone takes over writing him, I will NPC Isley for the time being. Masorin has, however, said that he's willing to continue a thread on the Director's Cut board, where Isley is featured in his Academy years.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2923
Welcome!
Nator 159: "I accept no responsibility for the ensign's manifest stupidity. Sir." [Show/Hide]
Ranaan Ducote: "A ship is a home; its crew a family." [Show/Hide]
T'Less: "Your odds of prevailing against us are... slim." [Show/Hide]
Valkra: "Come! We will shake the gates of Sto'Vo'Kor!" [Show/Hide]

Reply #2924
Welcom EricMatthias.

And I'm not the first person to play Isley, hopefully I won't be the last. In all honesty I've been falling out of favor with the character for a while, and with the added RL barriers focusing on someone that was difficult to write already became a little too difficult. I am happy to refocus, and hopefully work up my other characters, as well as maybe figure out why my hands are in non stopped pain.

Simple Audio Video Embedder