Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 414117 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #1675
Christ work has been hell the past two weeks. 60 hour work weeks say what?

To our newest member, Welcome! I saw Lucan post up the full scale images for your girl on DevArt - as I told him there, she got the booty ;) looking forward to getting to play with you. Also looking forward to seeing how a GORN! fits on the ship :D (I may have been watching Arena on tv Friday might, maybe >.>).

Playing some catch up in post reading today. Not sure if i'll get posts up or not ,but Looking forward to seeing where we are, and if i can cook up something useful from my characters :D

Reply #1676
Hey there Angels.. Let me tell you I was super intimidated too when I first joined up.. I still constantly ask Lucan for help. xD But I'm betting you'll do just fine here. Welcome aboard and have fun~ <3

~Vys
"You wish to knock over cows? What is the significance of this? Do you derive pleasure from such things?" - Ensign Six

Reply #1677
How a Gorn fits on a starship?  Very carefully to avoid cracking his skull on door coamings?

Reply #1678
A Gorn walks into a bar. Carrigan Trent grins and ducks under it.

Reply #1679
You guys are so nice!  Ok now i must go make posts!
"Relationships are not my strong suit; I deal in evenings."
 - Jaya Thorne, Asst. Chief CONN Officer, Ensign [Show/Hide]

Reply #1680
STORY OVERVIEW

As you all want me to do it, I took the time to compile a new overview so that everyone knows what's next for them. Don't forget the threads Inner Space and the Accipiter, for example, where a lot more people can participate.I will be sending out individual posting notices too, all in friendly spirit and not meant to nag at you all. :)

Below is a list with all the threads in the Interregnum and Episode 04, sorted chronologically with the oldest one first. The threads in green are finished already and the yellow ones are on-going. Also, all these are links to click which ought to make it easy for those who wish to browse and read the story too. PO means Posting Order (if applicable, and always suggestions/recommendations).

INTERREGNUM 03-04

DAY 01

DAY 01: Time Judges All [0500 hrs.]
DAY 01: Healing | Part 1 [0730 hrs.]
DAY 01: Rejuvenation [0900 hrs.]
DAY 01: The Path Ahead [0915 hrs.]
DAY 01: New Life [1000 hrs.]
DAY 01: Lost in the Mind [1015 hrs.]
DAY 01: Misgivings [1100 hrs.]
DAY 01: Encouragement [1115 hrs.]
DAY 01: Stranger Tides [1130 hrs.]
DAY 01: SAR Away-Mission [1150 hrs.]
DAY 01: A Fresh Start | Part 1 [1230 hrs.]
DAY 01: A Fresh Start | Part 2 [1240 hrs.]
DAY 01: Meeting of the Minds [1300 hrs.]
DAY 01: The First of Many Propositions [1400 hrs.]
DAY 01: Healing | Part 2 [1840 hrs.]
DAY 01: An Empty Pack [2030 hrs.]
DAY 01: Off-Duty Treatment [2030 hrs.]
DAY 01: A Quiet Chat [2100 Hrs]

DAY 02

DAY 02: Goldeneye’s Confession [0700 hrs.]
DAY 02: Back From the Dead [0800 hrs.]
DAY 02: Critical Vacancy [1230 hrs.]
DAY 02: In Remembrance [1200 hrs.]
DAY 02: A Friendly Chat [1300 hrs.]
DAY 02: Mistress-at-Arms [1400 hrs.]
DAY 02: Digital Relations [1500 hrs.]
DAY 02: Finding Strength [1800 hrs.]
DAY 02: Healing | Part 3 [1830 hrs.]
DAY 02: Poker Night [2000 hrs.]
DAY 02: Houseguest [0130 hrs.]

DAY 03

DAY 03: Unfinished Business [0610 hrs.]
DAY 03: Phasmids [0900 hrs.]
DAY 03: The Beginning Of A New Life [1100 hrs.]
DAY 03: Twitching [1100 hrs.]
DAY 03: Between Meetings [1200 hrs.]
DAY 03: The Accipiter [1400 hrs.] Next Poster: Anyone! [glow=red,2,300]Social Commentary Wanted![/glow]
DAY 03: Well-Earned Recognition [1500 hrs.]
DAY 03: New Hire [1500 hrs.]
DAY 03: Midnight Oil [2345 hrs.]

DAY 04

DAY 04: Weapon Storage Raid [0750 hrs.]
DAY 04: Aftermath [1300 hrs.]
DAY 04: Obligations & Priorities [1305 hrs.]
DAY 04: Opalescent Integration [1315 hrs.] Next Poster: Auctor Lucan
DAY 04: Scotch & Fire [1400 hrs.]
DAY 04: Jumping the Shark [1421 hrs.] Next Poster: Doc M.
DAY 04: Re-Connection [1600 hrs.]
DAY 04: Free Images [1630 hrs.] Next Poster: ch'Xinya
DAY 04: The Flutter of a Pair of Wings [1750 hrs.]
DAY 04: Yeoman & Suspect [1830 hrs.]
DAY 04: Question of Wolven Error [1900 hrs.]
DAY 04: Subconscious Repression [1955 hrs.]
DAY 04: Hidden Forces [2000 hrs.] Next Poster: FollowTomorrow
DAY 04: Recuperation [2130 hrs.] Next Poster: CanadianVet

DAY 05

DAY 05: Keeping Balance [0630 hrs.]
DAY 05: Resuming Duties [0900 hrs.]Next Poster: Zenozine
DAY 05: Creature Comforts [0930 hrs.]Next Poster: Triage
DAY 05: Sheep in Wolf's Clothing [1200 hrs.]
DAY 05: Alien Therapy [1400 hrs.] Next Poster: The Counselor & Doc M. (joint-post)
DAY 05: Redux [1400 hrs.]
DAY 05: The Crossroads [1430 hrs.]Next Poster: DocReno (Revision)
DAY 05: Changing Ways [1500 hrs.]Next Poster: Kaligos
DAY 05: Climax Jump [1740 hrs]

DAY 06

DAY 06: Late Night Liaison [0045 hrs.] Next Poster: Arista
DAY 06: A Chief Returns [0600 hrs.] Next Poster: Doc M.
DAY 06: For Sake of the Galaxy [1500 hrs.] Next Poster: Nolan
DAY 06: Fighting Shadows [1600 hrs.]
DAY 06: Good Old Times [2100 hrs.] Next Poster: Arista
DAY 06: A Special Request [2245 hrs.] Next Poster: DocReno
DAY 06: Inner Space Next Poster: [glow=red,2,300]Everyone who hasn't posted yet![/glow]

EPISODE 04: SIMULCAST

PROLOGUE: Homecoming
CHAPTER 01: Tensions Rising
CHAPTER 02: Crucible (listed by characters)
- Main Bridge: 1) Tovarek 2) Stark+Sarresh
- Transporter Room 01 (Boarding Team 01): 1) Wenn Cinn 2) FollowTomorrow 3) Kaligos 4) ch'Xinya
- Transporter Room 02 (Boarding Team 02): Chief O'Connell
- Transporter Room 03 (Boarding Team 03): Ryuan Sel
- Sickbay (Entrance): 1) Heather McMillan 2) Free Posting (Open for ideas)
- Stellar Cartography: Shall (a lot of activity "on the horizon")
- USS Allegiant: Jaya Thorne (evasive manouvres)
- Lone Wolves Squadron: 1) Husker (also NPCing Fasha) 2) Doc M. (also NPCing Hurl) 3) Iron Fox + Rawley

CHAPTER 03: Loyalty
- SS Sabine: 1) Sera vers Aldnoah 2) Hi'Jak
- Bridge: Very Loose Posting Order (none, really): Kendrick, Suq, A'vura, Veradin, Parnak, Ejek
- Landing in Fighter Assault Bay: 1) Krystal Tancredi 2) Daniel Havenborn (Keval ordered to stay in cockpit after landing)
- Docking Pylon: Ian Hawthorne/base Security (in response to Komial)
- Aerowing: K'Ren (Re-docking with the Resolve, then heading to the Fighter Assault Bay)

There we go! I will be sending out personal posting reminders too. :)

NEW ARTWORK

More eye-candy for you all. :)

I would love some feedback on these two. :)

DOC . M HAS CATALOGUED ALL CHARACTER BACKGROUND STARSHIPS

Indeed! Doc M. has gone out of his way and made sure to collect all mentioned starships in character backgrounds and put them into a Category on our Wiki. Here it is, and its quite a lot of ships!

Link: Starships

Some fun coincidences has become clear with this work, one - for example - being that Daniel Havenborn and the late Sjaandin Fedd served on the same ship, namely the USS Persephone.

Doc M. is doing fantastic work on the Wiki and it would never have been the same as it is without him. I can but tip my hat in gratitude. Well, that and making him a new character image for Chief O'Connell :)

WE HAVE OUR OWN SKETCHFAB ACCOUNT FOR OUR 3D MODELS

Since we are stokcing up on a lot of ships, I figured I'd just as well make an account of my own instead of having Omardex and Kalashnikov 3D host our models for us. So here it is, our own new page (yet to be listed on the Wiki):

Link: Star Trek: Theurgy on Sketchfab

So far we have these models there:
- SS Sabine NX-59846
- AC-507 Reaver-class Warp Fighter
- AC-409 Valkyrie-class Warp Fighter
- AC-347 Knight-class Interceptor
- Tovarek-class FTR Drone

Omardex will be uploading Thea (in SOM and MVAM) this week, along with the Allegiant and the Gryphon fighter. Take your time and have a look. :)

THAT'S IT FOLKS!

For last, I can say that one of my secret projects are developing nicely, and I hope to stun you all soon with the reveal. Also, we now have 600 watchers on DeviantArt, which means that if I would post a character image of yours, that many people have requested to be notified about it. It's really exciting that we have such an audience! Furthermore, we have one potential new member that I am waiting for, a character application in the making.

Hope you all are having a nice time when this finds you and take care!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1681
Anyone think that tonight's World Series game is one the Siskos will be studying in another 350 years?

Reply #1682
Heh, well, never watched the world series, sorry.

NEW PAGE ON THE WIKI: TR-120

This page should have come up a long time ago but it got lost among all other things. Arista has kindly helped me out with compiling what is known about this expanded universe weapon, and there will be more pages detailing all other kind of weaponry too. The reason why this weapon is important is because the majority of the characters in the boarding parties on Starbase 84 are using this weapon. It was first referenced in the thread For Sake of the Galaxy (link) and discussed in that senior staff meeting as a valid option to avoid having phaser fire detected by the base's internal sensors.

Here is the link to the new wiki page: https://uss-theurgy.com/w/index.php?title=TR-120

If people can help out compiling pages for the common phaser weapons and the isomagnetic disintegrator, it would be awesome! Just let me know in that case.

That's all for now! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1683
Anyone think that tonight's World Series game is one the Siskos will be studying in another 350 years?

Yes. Absolutely. It's been 108 years since the Cubs won a world series!  Their victory was long overdue :)

Reply #1684
ALL STAR TREK: THEURGY'S MODELS ARE ON SKETCHFAB

Now, Omardex has uploaded the models he has made for us to our account, so we now have all our models in the same place. In sketchfab you can spin and turn the models however you want with your mouse, and it might be helpful wrapping your heads around the design and functionality of the ships in the story. If not, at least they do look cool, don't they? :)

I will be adding the page to the Wiki as well, so you'll find the link permanently present there. Hope you all have a nice weekend, and I will be replying to some PMs later tonight since my daughter is having a little birthday celebration.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1685
It's 5am on a Sunday morning, do you know where your brain is?

Amazing Work Omardex, keep them coming :D Warp Speed ahead!

Face-plant back on a pillow and sleep,

Peace

Reply #1686
Now that results of the American presidential election are in, all I can say is:

WE HAVE BEEN BETRAYED.  THIS IS THE FINAL VOYAGE OF THE USS THEURGY...

Reply #1687
Regarding yesterday, there isn't much I can say about that.

Except, as they say in Newfoundland: "Whale oil beef hooked".

Reply #1689
In order to distract myself from current events. I decided to get on with some more wiki editing, Lucan asked me (presumably as security chief!) to help write articles for the weapons we will use on Theurgy So let me present to you the following!

NEW PAGE ON THE WIKI: Phasers

Here is the link to the new wiki page: https://uss-theurgy.com/w/index.php?title=Phaser

I scowered the internet and various WIKIs to enable this page. I also attempted to clear up all the type-IIIa/b/c/e stuff going on to try to streamline the writing process for all of you. Now, the page is currently a wall of text as it is waiting for lovely pictures from our dear GM, but at least the information is there.

Some of you may be asking yourself "Arista, you admirable and attractive bastard. Where does my favorite Phaser Rifle fit in this new world order?" Well, it's relatively simple, and to prove the point, I've uploaded the visual guide I used myself while putting together the article.

Is there a Red arrow pointing away from your phaser rifle of choice? It's outdated and was replaced by the unit the arrow is pointing to! Unless there is a specific reason why you would have one (Read Sel hoarding the EVA Type-III because she loves them) then I'm afraid you're stuck with the Phaser Rifle as seen in Star Trek: Nemesis.

If you guys have any questions or comments, please let me know. However in future hopefully it's easier for you all to know what type of Phaser you are wielding.

Reply #1690
Cool Arista. :)

I'm going to toss a couple sciency pages up here as well that I put onto the Theurgy site this morning. These are complete except for some formatting and are used with permission from the USS Wolff PBEM RPG (my site).

https://uss-theurgy.com/w/index.php?title=Spectral_Classification
https://uss-theurgy.com/w/index.php?title=Planetary_Classification

Reply #1691
I'm going to toss a couple sciency pages up here as well that I put onto the Theurgy site this morning. These are complete except for some formatting and are used with permission from the USS Wolff PBEM RPG (my site).

https://uss-theurgy.com/w/index.php?title=Spectral_Classification
https://uss-theurgy.com/w/index.php?title=Planetary_Classification

That's some really cool information! Good job

Reply #1692
Truly magnificent work on all these new Wiki pages people!

With some help from SummerDawn, we also have this new page I have been working on:

RANK & UNIFORMS

We had a uniforms and rank page on House of Eros before we made the Wiki, and it has been on my project list forever to re-make both. Now, with some help with texts from SummerDawn's Wolff Wiki, I got the incentive to complete this new page, which I would love to get some feedback on. I know that this can be expanded upon a lot, but the listed information should be the overall scope regarding Starfleet rank (and uniforms):

Link: Rank & Uniforms

Note: Yes! The Butterfly Effect has given all female officers a skirt option. ;)

With all the new pages, and this one, I have started a new drop-down menu in the sidebar named General Information, which you can find on the Wiki now but will also soon be added to the link page here on House of Eros. Under General Information, you can now find this rank page as well as the two new ones that SummerDawn has re-made for Star Trek: Theurgy.

TEASER

I leave you all with this little teaser, which is bound to make you wonder what secret project is in the final stages. :)

Posts are upcoming in Crucible and Loyalty.

Have a great day! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1693
I am still chipping away at the large posts in Crucible and Loyalty, getting some done between tasks at work, and I might have either or both up later tonight.

In the meantime, here is something Jetfreak-7 on DeviantArt made for us!

TASK FORCE ARCHERON

We also have a new Wiki page for Task Force Archeron here: https://uss-theurgy.com/w/index.php?title=Task_Force_Archeron

Hope you like it! It was a collaborative effort between Jerfreak-7 and I to make this work, but he had all the models for the render. :) My contribution was nominal in the post-render work.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1694
THE CULT OF SARRESH MORALI

This is something everyone who have characters on the Theurgy should have their characters know about by the time of Day 4 or 5.

Story Excerpt: Captain Ives, The Flutter of a Pair of Wings

"And that is another reason why I have tolerated that unbecoming attitude you hold, but from here on out, I have higher expectations. We are about to reach Starbase 84, and since there are still people aboard this ship that are not convinced this mission is advisable, I will expect you to not fan those flames in any way, because too much is riding on a favourable outcome at the starbase. Unless you have already thought of it, as a Starfleet Officer from the Relativity, people do look up to you, and with your... 'resurrection', the enlisted crew think of you as something of a living and breathing miracle. If you, especially you, act insubordinate towards me in public, then you might spark something among those who have yet to make up their minds about the mission."

It was true, the TAO was getting a bit of a following, and while Ives was not concerned about that in itself, now that Morali was up and about again, his actions would gain a lot more attention than when he was recovering after his reconstructive surgery. There were mixed feelings, of course, because of how he was not human from birth, but what had happened at the acidic lake on Theta Eridani IV had become quite a story. On the Theurgy, alone and exposed as they were, rumours spread at warp speed, and a tale of heroism and self-sacrifice like that of Morali's - misguided as Ives thought his actions had been - they were embellished beyond recognition too. As it were, Ives own involvement was barely mentioned any more.

"All I ask," he said to him, "is that you try to avoid causing another mutiny to the best of your convenience."

- DAY 04: The Flutter of a Pair of Wings [1750 hrs.]

This new following of Sarresh Morali is something I would love if it could be established for foreshadowing reasons, so if you can incorporate that somehow in your posts from Day 04 and onwards, it would be awesome.

Basically, Sarresh Morali getting a dip in acid and made human has made him somewhat of a messiah figure in desperate times for the crew. Added with the fact that he is from the 29th century and fighting for the Theurgy's crew, able to predict when the enemy sends something through a temporal breach, his fate has gotten a lot of attention. (Well, he is not from the 29th centruty, technically, but he has been there and served there before on the USS Relativity, the ship that came to the crew's rescue at the end of the Niga Incident)

As for what the growing cult does, its really harmless at this point, idolising him and putting up images in the lounges, making songs and giving him titles.

Everyone should feel free to expand upon this development however they wish! :)

Character Page:
https://uss-theurgy.com/w/index.php?title=Sarresh_Morali

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1695
PS. Wenn Cinn might actually have returned from the dead, but if one might make a Battlestar Galactica comparison between Wenn Cinn and Sarresh Morali, then Wenn Cinn is getting the Starbuck treatment after she returned from the dead - suspected of being a cylon parasite-head. Meanwhile, Morali made the ultimate sacrifice for his mate, and saved the crew from the Niga plants, so he gets the Gaius Baltar treatment (sans harem, at least for the time being, lol).

Reply #1696
Oh, but harems are fun! Everyone should have one!

Reply #1697
HAPPY THANKSGIVING FOLKS!

Reply #1698
Happy Thanksgiving.

Also Daniel would love to have a harem, not that he'd ever admit that though.
Defeat, Genocide; why quibble with semantics.

Reply #1699

Happy Thanksgiving to our American comrades. Enjoy yourselves, and remember... Romulan Ale is illegal this side of the neutral zone ;)

Simple Audio Video Embedder