Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 365547 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #4000

THE PROLOGUE FOR EPISODE 01: ADVENT OF WAR IS UP!

Here it is!

Prologue: Palais de la Concorde

This is the placeholder for the prologue of this new Episode, which is set on Day 37 by Aldea Prime Anthology counting. It's now open to post Supplemental threads for this Prologue post, where you can post one-on-one with other writers in your own IC scenes on this dreadful morning. The limitation of the IC time-span for these Supplemental threads will span from 1000 hrs. to 1100 hrs. on the same day as the attack in Paris (now being designated Day 01 in Season 2, and not to be confused with Day 01 in the Aldea Prime Anthology). The Senior Staff meeting will be held at 1100 hrs. The naming convention for these one-on-one Supplemental threads that belonging to Prologue is: PRO: S [D01|YYYY] Insert Title (YYYY marking the time in the morning).

Of course, anyone can post in reply to this starter as well (perhaps a solo post?), but either via Supplemental thread of not, you should illustrate what your characters were doing at Aldea at the time of the attack. You are all welcome to start incorporating how "something" seem to have happened on Earth, but it's too early to tell what it is. Something about Paris, and then its conflicting hearsay. This ought to come from Aldean and Klingon sources, but with the backdoor made into the Federation database by Director Anderson in Starfleet Intelligence, some FNN media should gradually become accessible aboard the Theurgy as well. A common theme would be the mentioning of a suspected thalaron bomb, and how there is not a living soul left in Paris. Either evacuated, or disintegrated, the place is completely desolate.

Also, at the epicentre was the Palais de la Concorde, and the thalaron radiation would have been carried outwards by a detonation that made the entire building collapse on itself. This method of deployment was different than the kind Tal'aura used in Nemesis, where a cascading biogenic pulse carried the radiation to a safely calculated distance (the insides of the Romulan Senate Chamber).

Next post from me will be a starter for Chapter 01, where Captain Ives adjourn a Senior Staff meeting that doesn't only detail the aftermath of the bomb in Paris (with a news update from Director Andersson), but how Martok's new political opponent has revealed the location of the Theurgy publicly. Subsequently, they've become compromised and need to leave the Epsilon Mynos System. Ives' orders will be dealt, and the story will be set off in multiple trajectories with the Chapter 01 starter. We'll hit the floor running, so to speak, and an opening for more Supplemental threads will be made then.

Looking forward to read how you start up Season 2 with your characters! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4001
This looks like it'll be brilliant. On top of that, as a Frenchman, the concept of a bomb that gets rid of all the Parisians really hits me hard. I needed cheering up today.

Reply #4002
This looks like it'll be brilliant. On top of that, as a Frenchman, the concept of a bomb that gets rid of all the Parisians really hits me hard. I needed cheering up today.

Well I just cracked up on a conference call reading this

Reply #4003

CHAPTER 01 OF EPISODE 01: ADVENT OF WAR IS UP!

Here goes, for all Senior Staff character writers, but also the opener for coming Supplemental threads!

Chapter 01: Incendiary Prospects

This thread is set on the Main Bridge of the Theurgy, and the posting deadline for those writing Senior Staff members is 7 days  starting from now. It's now open to post Supplemental threads for Chapter 01, where you can post one-on-one with other writers in your own IC scenes during the time while Thea reintegrates and Yellow Alert have everyone on their feet and ready. The limitation of the IC time-span for these Supplemental threads will span from 1100 hrs. to 1200 hrs., where the Theurgy will depart from Aldea. The naming convention for these one-on-one Supplemental threads that belonging to Chapter 01 is: CH01: S [D01|YYYY] Insert Title (YYYY marking the time before 1200 hrs.).

Senior Staff writers, here are the optional Objectives for this thread, which you can all pick and choose from when writing your posts: [Show/Hide]
Looking forward to getting the show rolling! I am open to start other threads for the rest of the crew, if you have ideas for scenes that might involve a lot of characters as they go to Yellow Alert. I have some plans for this here in Chapter 01 already, but PM me!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4004

ADDITIONAL SEATS ON THE MAIN BRIDGE IN CHAPTER 01

>> Click For Full Size

Something I overlooked when I posted the starter above. There are two more seats besides the Departmental Heads' in Engineering and Tactical. There is also one more seat in Science, and even though a Chief Intelligence Officer has yet to be named OOC (recruitment opening up very soon, and this character could possibly have arrived together with Martok and introduced in Incendiary Prospects) there is a second seat as well. I believe it has been claimed by Selena Ravenholm already, @chXinya ?

Many of the Senior Staff don't have stations on the Main Bridge, but have assembled for the summons, like Thomas Ravon, Hathev, Kai Akoni and Elro Kobol . These are standing on the bridge, but there is no room for additional officers in their departments.

So, if your character ought to be able to be on the Main Bridge, just PM me before posting and I'll let you know if there is still room. First to PM me gets the seat! :)

NAMING CONVENTIONS FOR SMALL SHUTTLES!

>> Click For Full Resolution

In Star Trek, Runabouts have traditionally been the kind to have names on the shows, but that gives us 15 unnammed shuttles. Eight Type 9 and Seven Type 11 ( one spent to stop the Borg Invasion). Here is the list as far as I am aware atm:

Auxiliary Craft
- USS Allegiant NX-80978 - Scoutship/Captain’s Yacht
- 8 Type 9 Shuttles
- 7 Type 11 Shuttles
Danube-class Runabouts
- USS Thames (Destroyed in Ep 05)
- USS Niger (Departed at the end of Ep 05)
- USS Tigris
ARGO-type Heavy Transport Shuttle
- The Tesla
Fighter Assault Bay
- 10 (Originally 16) Mk III Valkyries
- 5 Mk I Valravn
- 1 Mk II Valkyrie
Maintenance Craft
- 30 Workbees

Awesome writers that looked into this on Discord found that apparently it's the IC Captain's prerogative to name shuttles, and names should all be in a theme. This might have two shuttles belonging two different starships have the same name, yet all have a unique transponder code and registry number. For shuttles, the registry for the Theurgy would be:

- NX-79854/01
- NX-79854/02
- NX-79854/03
Etc...

With the lack of focus there is on names for shuttles on the shows, I would prefer if we refrained from focusing too much on naming all the Type 9 and 11 shuttles. If someone writing a CONN pilot and tending to use the same shuttle over time, and having the shuttles' name featured in the story, that's fine, but I don't want to iron out a long list of names since it would just become a headache to track which shuttle is which and whether or not it is available/damaged. So please, don't overthink this since it will just become a nightmare down the road. Even if too many names would accumulate over time organically, despite my recommendation to keep away from naming the shuttles, I would prefer that over making a list now.

As for the theme of names, however, I would like it if Trek or modern day A.I. scientists or researchers were names picked for the shuttles. We all know the Trek ones, but the modern day ones can be googled pretty easily.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4006
Selena doesn't necessarily have to be there on the Bridge during the meeting, especially if someone else should be there more.  The only reasoning I had behind asking about it was because of the short time between when the news from Earth starts tricking in and the meeting that she might still be on the bridge trying to get more information or performing other aspects of her duty.

Reply #4007

RECRUITMENT REOPENED!

The Joining the Crew page has been updated with recruitment details, and announcements have been made on DeviantArt as well as Facebook. :)

We'll see what manner of interest we'll generate with that, but worth knowing is that only positions on the Wanted Positions page are available. Same goes for character creation when you're and old member and you're eligible to add another character to the story. Any new characters need to fit a position in the list.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4008
Sooooo many positions open!

Reply #4009
PLEASE WELCOME BIPSPOON, WHO'LL WRITE CAMERON HENSHAW!

Today, @BipSpoon joins us, wishing to play Cameron Henshaw! :)

Ens. Cameron Henshaw          Captain's Yeoman & Mission Ops Asst. 

- Writer:
BipSpoon

After having browsed through everything that's befallen Cam so far in the story, her new writer has made some small edits to her character page. One being that she has an undiagnosed bipolar disorder rather than the previously mentioned ADHD that the character page originally had. Cameron has a few openings suggested for posts in the Anthology, but she is also present on the Main Bridge in Season 2's first Chapter.

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to see where you take her story next, @BipSpoon ! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4012
I heard someone has cookies for the new ones. That reminds me... Where is my cookie?
@Numen
Nator 159: "I accept no responsibility for the ensign's manifest stupidity. Sir." [Show/Hide]
Ranaan Ducote: "A ship is a home; its crew a family." [Show/Hide]
T'Less: "Your odds of prevailing against us are... slim." [Show/Hide]
Valkra: "Come! We will shake the gates of Sto'Vo'Kor!" [Show/Hide]

Reply #4016
Welcome aboard.
CPO Sithick [Show/Hide]
CWO1 Larrant [Show/Hide]
BG Natauna
[Show/Hide]

Reply #4020
Welcome @BipSpoon ! Sorry for the delay in the greetings. Hope you are finding everything to your liking so far :)

Reply #4021
DUE TO INACTIVITY IRVUS HAS LEFT US, AND MASORIN GETS HIS OLD CHARACTER BACK

Unfortunately, since Irvun has dropped off and doesn't reply to emails or PMs, his membership has been terminated. With no login for over a month, RL has likely claimed his attention entirely.

Luckily, @Masorin has agreed to resume writing Salem again, so contact him if there are any threads that need Maso's attention!

Lt. JG Salem Martin            Asst. Chief Tactical Officer (V3) 

- Played by Masorin

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4022

MENTOR PROGRAM

A tad delayed, meaning to have included it in a Newsletter instead, I just want to mention how we now have a mentor program to help out integrate new writers in the story. The info can be found on the joining the Crew page!

Joining the Crew

We might have a bit of an overcapacity with 12 mentors already after I asked for feedback on our Discord server, and we'll see if I'll have to lower the number with some criteria for being a Mentor later on. I'm so thrilled that so many of you wanted to help out with this, and with the recruitment season starting up, it might just be 12 are too few as well. :)

The purpose is to help newly arrived writers, and with the setup we have now, I feel like we have great chances of helping every single one!

SADLY, NUMEN STEPS AWAY DUE TO RL

Today I heard from @Numen that their RL situation isn't improving and that they have become too disconnected with the story development. Of course I understand if they want to step away with the Corona situation being bad where they are, and I will have the characters left behind as NPCs on the Crew Manifest page in the event of a potential return in a few months.

If a suitable situation comes up wherein Khorin Douglas, Izar Bila and Seren can be put into stasis, and @Numen doesn't return before then, that might happen, but they will merely fall back into the background of events for the time being.

Hopefully things will turn out better for you than you might anticipate now, @Numen and that you'll indeed be able to return sooner rather than later.

If there are any threads up and running in which I have to NPC @Numen 's characters, please PM me and we'll work it out!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4023
Nooooo Numnum! :( Take care my friend and don't be a stranger!

Also good luck to my fellow mentors and to all those curious to see if they should join or not, we have a great team standing by to help you roll into the story!

Simple Audio Video Embedder