Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 366122 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #4501
Oh no!  Take care and I hope you stay healthy @Griff
Really enjoying writing a halfway stable character for once...

Reply #4502
Oh, no. Hope you are okay over there and take care of yourself! Looking forward to hearing from you and I hope it's not something bad. We'll be here when you return.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Just a small note for anyone affected: my activity may be compromised for a while. It’s possible that I’ll be in hospital from tomorrow and I don’t know what will happen from that point onwards. I’ll update with more when I get the chance, but I wanted to quickly chuck this here in case I can’t access the internet for a while.

Reply #4503
Might run behind on some posts, work is picking up like crazy again. Expected to return back to normal posting somewhere in the third week of December. Hopefully  ;)

Reply #4504
Well, I just got back from hospital. It wasn't as bad as it could've been, thankfully, although I'm still on some funky medication, so writing may be weird. I'll try to write anyway to get my brain working, but my posts might be funky funky. Thanks for the kind words and all that good stuff.

Reply #4505
Get well soon, @Griff !  Hope  the meds don't hit you too hard. 

Reply #4506
Pardon the slight delays in posting everyone! Work is insane right now, but I think I've caught up by tomorrow since I've managed to finish the contracts I've renegotiated tonight. Looking forward to immmersng myself in something else than cranes again. :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4507
PLEASE WELCOME P.C. HARING, WHO'LL WRITE CHIEF COUNSELOR HATHEV!

Today, @P.C. Haring joins us to write our Chief Counselor, Lieutenant Commander Hathev!

Lt Cmdr. Hathev                Counselor

- Writer:
P.C. Haring

One of those who survived the Bellerophon's destruction and rescued by the Theurgy, and she became the Chief Counselor of the Theurgy after the Battle of the Apertures. She has yet to make much of an appearance during Advent of War, and her new writer will be catching up with recent In-Character events. He's taken some time to edit her character page a little bit, giving her a slightly wider range of expressed emotion than before. This, wonderfully anchored in the pre-existing relationship she had before she ended up on the Theurgy. A relationship which fate will come up in the story very soon, as the inaugural scene will feature a reaction to Paris being bombed.

Looking forward to read her continued story, @P.C. Haring ! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4509
Welcome aboard @P.C. Haring !  After the current situation, Scruffy will probably end up in need of counseling quite often.

Reply #4511
Hi everyone!  Thanks for the warm welcome!    I look forward to writing with all of you!      I've been spending the past couple of weeks working through the Hathev related threads, talking with @Auctor Lucan and getting familiar with everything. 

As mentioned before, I'm already working on a supplemental thread for Advent of War Chapter 1.  It's titled "Ashes to Ashes" and I'll be putting the starter up in a little bit.  I have a few ideas for other threads I'd like to explore as well.    For the time being, I will probably be keeping Hathev off of the main story threads, just until I have the time to catch up and see where she might be useful (if at all.)   

That said, *please* do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have a thread idea you want to run with Hathev!  Please do not hesitate to pull me into a main story thread if the need arises.   

That's all from me, for now.  Please bear with me as I continue to catch up, and might be asking some seemingly obvious questions.

See you all around!

Reply #4512
Hey guys,

sad to say I am even late with my apology for being late :'( I am sure everyone is familiar with the holiday effect, where work just seems to exponentially pile up the closer one gets to that last day before vacation. No matter how hard you try and how soon you start planning, so you don't end up working 14 hours on your last day, there are always 99% of colleagues who do not adhere to such foresight and, eventually, plunge you into the same chaos every - damn - year.

That being said, I know I am long overdue on almost all of my threads and I am sorry for that. I will try to slowly catch up, one post at a time, latest from Saturday on, when my holidays start - granted that I survive /;-D

Have some gifs as a token of my sincere apology:

@Brutus @Havenborn @Juzzie @Nesota Kynnovan @Pierce @Auctor Lucan

Reply #4513
No rush, @stardust! We all understand what the holidays can be like. We'll try not to burn down the Diplomatic Offices in your absence, and L'Nari will make sure that Faye cleans every last nook and cranny of that room! :D

Reply #4515
Man, we're all having a rough year, and the holidays are always a bear to deal with.  Take your time and most importantly of all enjoy your holiday! 

Reply #4516
Likewise, I'm going to make a poor attempt at copying @stardust 's post, and though I've posted something over on the Discord server, I'll make one here too.

Between an absolutely hectic work schedule in advance of the holiday and getting my home ready for my family to come over, it's been exceedingly difficult to find the time necessary to write and keep up with everything. However, I am finding some time here and there, and will be working to pour through all of the replies that I owe to people.

This is my current queue in order, with how long each thread has been waiting.
11/23/20 - Mitosis Intelligo P3
12/01/20 - Revealing the Repugnant.
12/03/20 - Pulling / Pour a Double.
12/03/20 - A Sibling Sorrow.
12/04/20 - Artibus Intelligo P1
12/04/20 - Operation 'Spark'
12/06/20 - From Above it will Prey.
12/07/20 - Shaken, not Stirred.
12/08/20 - An Unknown Grandson?
12/09/20 - Why do the Heathen Rage
12/11/20 - Operation 'Return to Sender'

...and in keeping, I shall also steal her 'GIFs as an apology' thing too  :p  , though with the added theme of my character's respective reactions to the length of above writing queue...

Anywho, thanks for your patience everyone!  ;)

Reply #4517
Man, I totally understand.  In between the recently-finished grad school semester, and what I'm calling the Great Gender Confusion Incident of 2020, I'm having a hard time getting ANYTHING done. 

Reply #4520
With an emphasis she returned! Literally eight posts within minutes of each other.  (laugh)

Reply #4521
WB!

A quick update on this end! Hope you are all well out there. :)

This Friday, a kid in my son's class was tested positive for the Covid, so we've been scrambling to save Christmas somehow while quarantining ourselves in the house. This weekend was damage control, but it looks like it will be a digital Christmas even if we're all fine in the family. As best as we tried, we weren't allowed to take up time and space to get Covid-tests for all four of us, since we weren't deemed a priority. Sucks, but it's the right thing to do in case we're infected but completely asymptomatic.

In any case, I will have a couple of hours for writing tonight, starting with Veiled Valiance and Horns of a Dilemma. Thanks for the patience on those threads.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4523
Oh, no!  Stay safe and I hope that the digital celebration goes off OK! 

Simple Audio Video Embedder