Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 366267 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #2851
Hey Everyone,

I am still alive and gainfully employed so hoping to respond to tags in the next day or two. :) I'd ask some grace as the past two weeks I've gone from a near panic attack on the 19th when this started, floating through my work days in a daze, a low moment when it looked like my career was hanging by a thread (does 8 years of underfunding, understaffing, and no training trump making a few big mistakes? turns out it does) to what had to be an emotional high today when I discovered that the last of the possibly unrecoverable data was hiding in a secure location, protected by a system I'd put in place years ago and forgotten was still active.

@Nolan: Hope you are feeling better. I hate summer flus.  Sad

Reply #2854
A quick notice. I've PM'd all concerned, but I'll be going on vacation starting Sunday, ending sometime next week. I'm not planning, it, so It's a 50-50 chance I won't have wifi, but if I do I'll be replying routinely. All the same, until such time as the world ends, I will act as though it intends to spin on. 200-400 word posts per day will carry on.

UPDATED:
looks like the camping trip got cancelled. It's still open for planning but I believe I'm going to stay home after all.
Lt. Commander Leon "Striker" Marquez
Chief Tactical Officer, USS Theurgy
"No one left behind."

Ensign James "Jimmy" Mariner
Security Officer, USS Theurgy
"Showtime!"

Lieutenant (J.G.) Alessia "Angel" Garcia
Valravn Fighter Pilot, USS Theurgy
"You're not the only one with a gun,"

Reply #2855
PLEASE CONGRATULATE TRITON ON INHERITING ALESSIA GARCIA!

Another redshirt escapes the flames of doom, in how Triton has inherited Alessia Garcia after Even Angels Cry left us!

Lt. JG Alessia Garcia         Wolf-10 [Angel] (V02)  

- Former Writer:
Triton

Alessia is currently on Vector 02, the Sword, which has followed the Borg warp trail back to where the cube that destroyed the Endeavour came from. So... it might be a short inheritance, who knows? :)

Jokes aside, congrats Triton, and take well care of the character, but don't forget that you have a creative license to write her as you want to as well.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2856
Well, Alessia's face claim IS Michelle Rodriguez.

I mean, isn't she like Sean Bean but with tits?

Reply #2857
Well, Alessia's face claim IS Michelle Rodriguez.

I mean, isn't she like Sean Bean but with tits?

I think she might have one up on him at least in terms of per movie deaths. Died in Resident Evil. Came back as two different characters in the last one and they both died, don't even think Sean Bean has managed that yet :P

Reply #2858
Hey, at least Sean Bean survived in "Silent Hill", give the man credit for that. XD
Anyway, Triton, congratulations for inheriting Alessia, she's badass :D

Reply #2859

Her guns will be on full display when the time's right. *Garcia cracks her knuckles* Hmm...  it's good to have a Guardian Angel on-hand. All the same, thanks, Alessia fans!
Lt. Commander Leon "Striker" Marquez
Chief Tactical Officer, USS Theurgy
"No one left behind."

Ensign James "Jimmy" Mariner
Security Officer, USS Theurgy
"Showtime!"

Lieutenant (J.G.) Alessia "Angel" Garcia
Valravn Fighter Pilot, USS Theurgy
"You're not the only one with a gun,"

Reply #2860
Apologies, folks. RL has been rearing its ugly head again lately. I will be posting Charades as soon as I can; probably a few more days.
Nator 159: "I accept no responsibility for the ensign's manifest stupidity. Sir." [Show/Hide]
Ranaan Ducote: "A ship is a home; its crew a family." [Show/Hide]
T'Less: "Your odds of prevailing against us are... slim." [Show/Hide]
Valkra: "Come! We will shake the gates of Sto'Vo'Kor!" [Show/Hide]

Reply #2861
COME SEE NUMEN'S NEW CHARACTER, IZAR BILA!

Numen's new character is the Asst. Chief Science Officer on the Cayuga, reporting to Lieutenant Vanya. :)

Lt. JG Izar Bila                Asst. Chief Science Officer  

- Writer:
Numen

Izar Bila has been aboard the Cayuga during the battle with the Asurians in From the Ashes, and will appear in that thread now that the dust has settled. Fun art-project, this character, but challenging as always when it comes to Cardassians. It should be noted that this guy is a Bajoran-Cardassian Hybrid, however, and luckily for him, he did not end up on the Versant. :)

Speaking of the Versant, I will be posting there soon, but today is the last day at work so I am finishing up those last things before leaving for the summer house for 5 weeks.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2864
SERVER RESTORED AFTER 9 HOURS OF SUDDEN DOWNTIME

We have suffered some downtime on the site, but now, the server is restored. What happened was that one of their servers, with a lot of European domains on it, suffered a malfunction.

One.com Status Notice
[Show/Hide]
And here is some findings from one of my sessions with customer support, I think it was the fourth of the total seven sessions I had with them:

Support
[Show/Hide]

I have taken precautions to try and avoid us being affected by upgrading the hosting solution, getting us lot more RAM and CPU since we were running on the cheapest solution they provided. It might improve site speed overall, but while it mightn't improve on servers being down, I am investigating the possibility to move our domain to another server that One.com has. I will get back to you all if that is done as well. For now, I am paying more money for some extra back-end features and speed.

Hope this message finds you all well out there! :) Now, back to posting for me.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2865
PLEASE SAY HI TO OUR NEWEST MEMBER - FIREFOX013 - WHO HAS INHERITED JAYA THORNE

Today we welcome @Firefox013 to our midst as our newest Theurgist. He starts out his time here by inheriting Jaya Thorne, whom Even Angels Cry kindly left behind for inheritance when she left the sim.

Ens. Jaya Thorne              Asst. Chief CONN Officer (V02) 

- Writer:
Firefox013

Firefox has done his homework, having read up on all of the threads where Jaya Thorne was featured (In Interregnum 03-04, Episode 04, Interregnum 04-05 and Episode 05), and he has decided to not make any changes to the character herself, since he likes her the way she has been written so far, with just a couple of exceptions that have been sorted out.

On Day 03, just before the battle with the Savi, Jaya Thorne preformed the Ensign test on the Theurgy and earned her promotion to Ensign as well as her new position as Asst. Chief CONN Officer, reporting to Derik Veradin. Jaya Thorne is currently in Chapter 04: Charades, and will get into gear writing in the main thread as well as any Supplemental threads that would fill in the gaps in Thorne's story so far.

Welcome aboard, @Firefox013 !

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2867
Thanks for the welcome, i am still unsure how i can fill the shoes of this character but we will see how it goes.

Reply #2868
Welcome aboard Firefox!  Feel free to adopt other characters before the action sequences begin!

Reply #2869
Thanks for the welcome, i am still unsure how i can fill the shoes of this character but we will see how it goes.
Darlin' if there's room in those shoes, you know what to do! GO SWIMMING!!!

Welcome aboard the USS Awesome-Sauce!

Have a lot of fun along the way, oh and fight our great nemesis, Procrastination, he's been busy stealing time.

Reply #2872
I'm really sad to say that I'll be needing to take my leave from Theurgy for the foreseeable future. I joined my first Star Trek Simm 18ish years ago and as an introverted gay kid always took refuge in the incredible writing communities I've been able to find online. Theurgy is hands down the best of these online communities I've ever had the privilege of being a part of. Despite my best intentions, however, I always find myself drawn more to other endeavors which lately have included being more serious about working on my physical health, but the high writing standards and frequency here is something I can't commit to. You all deserve writing partners that can keep up. I'm so incredibly lucky in my life to have found other communities as well, I just won't tell them that they're not as good as you lot. <3 :)

I haven't been here nearly as long as I thought I would be, but I've made some truly great friends and I wish all of you nothing but the best. I'd love to keep in touch over Discord if anyone would like, and I'll accept any new friend requests.

Lucan will be finishing up Derik and Elro's participation in their active threads until they exit the story or someone wants to take them over, as I'm putting them both up for inheritance. In my head-cannon their story continues on with the rest of you and we take those evil space slugs out. Here are links to Derik and Elro:

[ Lt. JG Derik Veradin
[Show/Hide]

[ Lieutenant Elro Kobol
[Show/Hide]

Lots of love,
Mathis.

Reply #2874
Fair seas and following winds, Mathis. I hope to see you here again!
Nator 159: "I accept no responsibility for the ensign's manifest stupidity. Sir." [Show/Hide]
Ranaan Ducote: "A ship is a home; its crew a family." [Show/Hide]
T'Less: "Your odds of prevailing against us are... slim." [Show/Hide]
Valkra: "Come! We will shake the gates of Sto'Vo'Kor!" [Show/Hide]

Simple Audio Video Embedder