Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 365921 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #2600
THE USS ENDEAVOUR HAS ENGAGED THE BORG IN DIRECTOR'S CUT

I wrote a starter for this side-story that I hope the writers of Endeavour characters will enjoy:

USS Endeavour: We Are the Borg

Like Rogue One is to the Star Wars saga, I hope that both the Endeavour and the Cayuga engagements with the Borg - and the threads leading up to it - will become cherished side-stories that will add both depth and scope to the main storyline. Have fun!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2601
Hello, and welcome to all of our new players.

Some people may have been wondering over the last few days, hey where's Kaligos? he hasn't posted for a while. Also why is his name different on discord on the site?

Well the person behind the computer has not changed, he has however started to job hunt, and wanting to set things up a little differently he has changed his username on both discord and here to match with a very old name I used about 9 years ago. I did this because with a change of email it is suddenly way harder for people to google my writing. yet i can associate it with my twitch account on discord.

It seemed a lot easier than making a new twitch account at least in my mind. plus i have been meaning to change my email for years.

As for why Maso hasn't been posting, I've been busy with some real life nonsense trying to find a job. Time till crazy forest hermit is still there in the background ticking away till i find some other source of income. Job hunting + school = very little time for writing.

Reply #2602
Greetings Theurgists!

I have three items today, so let's begin with...

NEW CHARACTER: WINTER BANNIN, WRITTEN BY DOCRENO!

May I present to you Winter Bannin, @DocReno's latest character here on Theurgy!

Lt. Winter Bannin               Chief Security Officer, USS Cayuga   

- Played by DocReno

She is the new Chief of Security on the Cayuga, after her predecessor was killed by the Borg attack. She was the Deputy before then, and Captain Anya Zigler gave her a field promotion to Lieutenant. The writers of Cayuga characters are able to depict scenes aboard the Cayuga on the Director's Cut board, just like the writers of Endeavour characters are doing now.

Hope you will have a great time with your new character, @DocReno !

A WARM WELCOME BACK TO MATHIS!

After having moved to another part of the states and gotten back into gear with his writing, @Mathis returns to us today! :) Welcome back to Theurgy, Mathis, and Derik Veradin is right where you left him.

Lt. JG Derik Veradin          Acting Chief CONN Officer  

- Played by Mathis

You have some reading to do in Episode 05 to catch up with current events, and there are a lot of new members here since recruitment re-opened. See you on Discord soon enough! :)

NEW RECRUITMENT PROCESS, INCLUDING A NEW CHARACTER APPLICATION FORM!

The Joining the Crew page has been simplified, and a new character submission form has been added to the wiki to save me some time in the character application process. Here is the new joining page:

Joining the Crew

Now, applicants will be able to submit their characters directly into the wiki with a form that generates a character page, which makes the version management of the character page easier for everyone involved.

The problem is that I have been hardcoding all character pages manually, but now even those who don't know wiki markup can make a character page. So, the new process would be that the applicant would be chatting with me about what they want to write in terms of a character concept, and then I give them a wiki login and the link to the character page submission form. This will also remove the version management done over PMs on the forum in how the Applicant can use the same form to make edits on that very page they have generated. I can make edits too, and both will have their edits visible in the wiki's edit history.

Thank you to those who have had the time to test the form, and your feedback has really been helpful in getting this huge project finished at last. Thank you especially @Griff , who came up with the idea to also have a copy-paste-friendly template available for those who would rather work on their characters offline and then add the character into the form when they are ready. This template has been made available too.

That's all for tonight! Now, I am off to bed. :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2603
Welcome back @Mathis ! So pleased to have you with us again. You'll find Derik where we left him. Don't worry, we've been dusting him and changing his sheets to keep him fresh.

Reply #2604
THE USS CAYUGA HAS ENGAGED THE BORG

A quick announcement about the fact that in Director's Cut, the Cayuga has now engaged the Borg inside the Azure Nebula.

USS Cayuga: Resistance is Futile Attn: @JosiahDorn @DocReno @Masorin

This would occur well before Episode 05, since when we reach the Cayuga in the main story, the ship is adrift. This is also the inaugural post with Anya Ziegler, the Cayuga's Captain and also the Theurgy's former First Officer (before Episode 01).

Thank you @Arista for setting this up, and to all writers with characters aboard the Cayuga, have a blast depicting how the ship fought back and the crew wasn't assimilated.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2605
Replies might be a day or two late from me this week, folks. Apologies.
Nator 159: "I accept no responsibility for the ensign's manifest stupidity. Sir." [Show/Hide]
Ranaan Ducote: "A ship is a home; its crew a family." [Show/Hide]
T'Less: "Your odds of prevailing against us are... slim." [Show/Hide]
Valkra: "Come! We will shake the gates of Sto'Vo'Kor!" [Show/Hide]

Reply #2606
Greetings again to all.

I am happy to announce that I can finally say I got a job. I can now turn off this counter time till crazy forest hermit clock, because as of today I have the income i need to sustain my current quality of life. This plus new anti depressant drugs have greatly decreased my anxiety and allowed me to focus on my schooling.

I am now technically a part time assistant manager of a local card and board game shop. I mean the only other employee is the owner of the store, but what would you call the guy who opens and closes the shop if the owner can't be around?

I wanted to have a shift at the job before I wrote this announcement, but yes as of today I can put my bow back on the wall where it belongs because as of the end of march i will have the cash needed to make rent.

The backwoods of canada need no longer fear that I may go off to the forest to hunt my fellow humans for food and sport.

Reply #2607
An update from yours truly:

My flu had finally been beaten into submission. Still have a cough but that's normal.

My ear infection is also cleared up.  No more pain or pressure.  Huzzah.

And in celebration.... I've been in the ER the last 2 nights.  I'm having some kind of allergic reaction. Itchy red hives appearing all over my skin and face.  Got 1 prescription yesterday and 2 more today.  Hopefully we get this under control.  I am so sorry to delay my posting even further but here's hoping i can get caught up by Monday night. 

And that i don't make a 3rd consecutive visit to the ER tomorrow.

-EAC
"Relationships are not my strong suit; I deal in evenings."
 - Jaya Thorne, Asst. Chief CONN Officer, Ensign [Show/Hide]

Reply #2608
I would like to apologize if it takes me a little longer to get my replies to posts I'm involved in. I'm right now in the process of moving from one living arrangement to another. My computer(s) will be the last thing to be moved so every spare moment I have when I'm not moving large heavy things is spend writing them, but I am anticipating that they won't be finished by the time I have to disconnect my computer for the move. Anticipate a day, two tops for replies. So, please don't despair, They are coming, just might be a little slower than normal.

~TrexelCat

Reply #2609
500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR MESSAGES UNDER INVESTIGATION

The past couple of weeks, we’ve had some annoying issues with Internal Server Error messages and pages showing up blank. This issue is known about and I have a ticket with the provider. Hopefully this issue will be dealt with swiftly, and I will keep you all posted about the development.

My suggestion in the meantime is to make sure to keep backups of what you write since the Drafts function on the forum might become unreliable, the auto-save feature not working as it should.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2610
Greetings Theurgists!

PLEASE WELCOME GADGET, OUR NEWEST MEMBER HERE AT STAR TREK: THEURGY

Come say hi to Gadget, who joins us today with a Cardassian, and also the Chief CONN Officer on the USS Cayuga, namely Ensign Mektari Dumral!

Ens. Mektari Dumral             Acting Chief CONN Officer, USS Cayuga   

- Played by Gadget

After the Cayuga was left adrift, Ensign Dumral's two higher ranking officers on the ship - both the Asst. Chief CONN Officer and the Chief CONN Officer (these two NPCs are not named yet) were assimilated by the Borg. It is yet undecided if they were killed. Mektari Dumral got the assignment of Acting Chief CONN Officer by Captain Ziegler. This is bound to be quite interesting in regard to @Masorin 's character Salem Martin, the Chief Tactical Officer, who was a POW during the Dominion War and is not too keen on Cardassians... :)

Until the adventure can start up in Episode 05, the sky is the limit as to what scenes might be written aboard the Cayuga on the Director's Cut board.

- YOU RECOGNISE THAT FACE, DON'T YOU?

In our fictional universe, the beautiful actress Rhona Mitra plays Ensign Dumral as of Episode 05, after her previous character - Aisha S'iti - was killed in Episode 04. Some of you may know S'Iti as the late Cardassian at the helm of the Theurgy:

There are two explanations, which you can pick between however you like. 1) Since Gadget wanted to use Rhona Mitra, I have now retconned Aisha S'Iti to have been played by Jamie Murray as a Butterfly Effect. You will find all Aisha's images updated to show Murray instead. The images of Murray in Cardassian makeup are actually old leftovers from an Applicant that bailed during the application process, leaving me with some unused images that now could be put into good use:

What I did was to touch up and remaster the old Siti images to fit Ensign Dumral's physical description. Aisha's scales were greener because of some continental deviation from the standard grey scales we saw on the shows. Ensign Dumral, however, has the traditional scales and the blue inverted teardrop on her forehead.

2) The second explanation is pretty fun too. Gadget and I have been discussing this idea that her actress, Rhona Mitra, was forced to briefly step away from the show at the end of Episode 04 because of conflicting contracts, where she was legally bound to play some other part in a movie or series, but after her other gig was completed or the series was cancelled, she went back to the Theurgy show with the wish to continue working with the director. Her original character was, unfortunately, killed off in Episode 04. However, the fans were really upset by the death of Aisha S'Iti, and the decision was made to tailor a new Cardassian character for Mitra that would not just welcome her back to the family and the studio, but also appease the fans.

Either way you all want to think about this quirky development, welcome aboard, @Gadget ! :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2611
As one Cardassian to another. Welcome Aboard!

You'll also find I'm writing Anya Ziegler on the Cayuga, so we'll have plenty of chance to interact. :)

Reply #2612
yaaay! Cardassian party!! We should have a thread with all three Cardassians and call it 'keeping up' :3

Reply #2614
Welcome :D

Reply #2615
Hey everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome, it’s a real pleasure to be here. I can’t wait to start posting with you all!

I’m also happy to hear there’s a couple of other Cardassians, this should be really fun later on down the road.

This looks like a wonderful sim, I’ll do my best to add to this cool story you guys have going on :D

Reply #2616
Welp, time to continue the warm welcomes. I hope you enjoy your time here Mektari.

Reply #2619
I wonder, will the 'crew' see a similarity  should they meet her?

I think that the In-Character Butterfly Effect is a bit different than the OOC one. This one is a bit too much OOC to make sense in the story. If I were to think freely, the IC implications of this change would be that Aisha S’Iti and Mektari Dumral is the same Cardassian woman, only she ended up with both different pigmentation, name, parents and background story. It would be one major rewrite of the past in her concern, but who knows?

That being said, I don’t mind that the fourth wall is gently stroked once in a while in this sense, since the Butterfly Effects in our story has randomly changed quite a number of things. I think the page (under Community) describes this kind of brief consternation on the part of the characters quite well.

In that respect, perhaps when the Theurgy crew sees her, they are reminded about Aisha S’Iti, but perhaps they would think its because its another Cardassian woman at the helm of another ship, and not because the Aisha Siti they knew was played by Jamie Murray instead of Rhona Mitra. :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2620
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME WITH US JOSIAHDORN

I got a PM late last night from JosiahDorn:

I have been ill for a bit and even though I intended on posting, I haven't been in a position to do so while I was sick.  I am on the mend now but have been thinking and decided that I don't think I can keep up and that this is probably not the best use of my time.  Thanks for the fun while it did last.

~J

This means that, since his second character Eli Barlow was just recently created but never introduced in the story about the Cayuga, I will be deleting the character altogether from the wiki and try to reuse the character images I made somehow, changing the heads on them or something. It also means that the CMO position on the Cayuga is available for new applicants again.

Lt. Eli Barlow                  Chief Medical Officer, USS Cayuga  

- Pending Deletion

It also means that, since Chief Sten Covington was been inherited by JosiahDorn, our grizzled Cheif of the Deck is available for inheritence again too. I will, of course, be NPCing him in Episode 05, where he is currently fighting the Savi that boarded the ship.

CWO1 Sten Covington           Chief of Flight Deck Operations (NPC)  

- Available to be played by all players

I’ll be updating the site to this effect soon since I am on my tablet atm. That’s all for now! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2622
Hey everybody! Small note but I realized quickly how easily it’s going to be to get my character mixed up with my username, so I’m going to start going by Gadget when talking OOC to clear things up.

Reply #2623
I had a mild crush on Gadget from Rescue Rangers, so I approve.

Reply #2624
Rescue Rangers, that was a lifetime ago. :)

Just a heads up for folks, I will be online sporadically the next few weeks due to work related pressures. Originally there were also some family related pressures as well but those seem to have eased for now so I'm just busy at work, and in the mood to strangle specific members of my family for putting me through this past weekend. :)

Simple Audio Video Embedder