Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 365718 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #2250
Wow, awesome Mathis!  Though are you sure you can't push the move a day before or after?  Don't want to miss the eclipse (assuming you can see it where you're at).

Reply #2251
NEW CHARACTER FROM TRIAGE! PLEASE MEET SINEAD O'RILEY!

Triage has already spilled the beans on this one in chat, but it is not until now that her character application has been approved. Here she is:

Lt. JG Sinead O'Riley         Engineering Officer 

- Played by Triage

She is a woman from the Resolve who served in Security until she evacuated unto Thea, where she will return to her career as an engineer. A huge thank you to Absinthe for the help with the second image, and since he made the a couple of more, there might be additions to the character page when those are finished.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2252
STAR TREK: THEURGY SIM POLL

Please remember to reply to the Star Trek: Theurgy Sim Poll, which can be found in your inboxes.

At this rate, I have to set an end-date, since it has taken a long time without getting all your replies in. The last day to reply to the poll will therefore be 2017-08-13. If you have not replied before then, your opinions and suggestions for improvements etc. won't be compiled in the results. Hope you can make the time for it! :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2253
BURNINGTRANSFORMATION HAS LEFT THE SIM DUE TO THEIR RL SITUATION

I got this PM today:

Hey, Auctor,

Sorry for the silence. I am going to have to step away though, as real life is just proving too much for me to keep up here. Something has to give, and unfortunately, it's writing.

I appreciate all the work you did with the character, and your help, but now just isn't a good time.

I wish you the best of luck with the new site and thank you for all the chances you have given me!

So, sadly, Burning "Waffles" Transformation has decided that they can't keep up with the sim, and will therefore bow out. I replied stating that, perhaps, the barely begun story about Dev below might continue with another writer, should there be anyone willing to inherit her:

Lt. JG Devyrie Okhala         Wolf-11 [Dragon]   

- Formerly Played by Burningtransformation

In case there is anyone interested in writing this character, please PM me at your earliest convenience! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2254
NEW CHARACTER FROM TRIAGE! PLEASE MEET SINEAD O'RILEY!

Triage has already spilled the beans on this one in chat, but it is not until now that her character application has been approved. Here she is:

Lt. JG Sinead O'Riley        Engineering Officer 

- Played by Triage

She is a woman from the Resolve who served in Security until she evacuated unto Thea, where she will return to her career as an engineer. A huge thank you to Absinthe for the help with the second image, and since he made the a couple of more, there might be additions to the character page when those are finished.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Lt. Commander Leon "Striker" Marquez
Chief Tactical Officer, USS Theurgy
"No one left behind."

Ensign James "Jimmy" Mariner
Security Officer, USS Theurgy
"Showtime!"

Lieutenant (J.G.) Alessia "Angel" Garcia
Valravn Fighter Pilot, USS Theurgy
"You're not the only one with a gun,"

Reply #2255
Just wanted to apologize for not getting posts out tonight like I said I would.  With family visiting for a couple more weeks, my time is not my own.  Still, I expect to have posts up if not tomorrow night (a work day for me), Thursday.

I am reading as I can and am eager to find Hayden's voice again.  Goodness knows, everyone could use a shrink, lol!

Reply #2256
PLEASE WELCOME JOSIE WITH THEIR CHARACTER ZRINKA "RINI" AGAIXOT!

Please welcome our latest member, namely Josie. They join the story with Ensign Zrinka Agaixot, callsign "Honey Badger", but she prefers to be called Rini. She was one of the original Lone Wolves - squadmate with Razor, Goldeneye, Rawley and Isley. She was put in stasis after the first battle with the USS Calamity, back in Part 1 of Episode 03.

Ens. Zrinka Agaixot           Wolf-02 [Honey Badger]   

- Played by Josie

This rather flamboyant half-Betazoid has been through some darkness in her life, with latent emotional scarring in the foundation of her extrovert manner. Reading the character application, and learning how balanced Rini is in flaws and strengths, it is my absolute pleasure to welcome Josie to our sim. I really look forward to see in which direction her story will go now.

Welcome aboard!

Best,

Auctor Lucan
Game Moderator

Reply #2257
More meat for the grinder! 

Welcome to our little corner of the Interwebs.  Oh, and I also play the Chief of the Deck, so we'll have loads of chances to interact. 

And looking at Rini's profile, I think she'd get along GREAT with Eliska!

Looking forward to seeing you post, and joining us on the Discord channel!

Reply #2260
G'day, my name's Josie Laugesen.. *carwheels around*

I'm a rather.. eccentric Aussie girl with Danish heritage, and well, I've been called a scoundrel more then a few times (especially by my girlfriend).  Also, incredibly hyper, flamboyant and people tend to notice me - like I currently have my hair colored blue with some of my natural dark blond coming through.  I've also been told that I probably fell out of the cradle a lot as a child.

Thanks for all the welcoming, and looking forward to writing with you all. My char is rather quirky and loves socializing, so will be meeting up with others. Bobo loves being around people too - well, except for people with bumpy foreheads. 

One of the things that lead me to Rini is that I've actually got an Australian Private Pilot Licence in light aircraft - Cessna's, so I can fly anywhere in Australia, and most places in the world.

I've been into Star Trek since very young, and enjoy writing.. Have been on other sites - both Trek and other genres.

Oh, and on another note, I will try to keep to American spelling and leave out some of the Aussie slang/quirks. But I apologise if I mess it up.

Reply #2262
My ex was from New South Wales. It'll be interesting to see I remember any of the slang she used. I say go for it

Reply #2263
Don't worry yourself about the spelling!  This Canadian shamelessly writes about colours and honours and neighbours.  And besides, that sort of stuff gives writing its life and character, you know?

Reply #2264
Huzzah! New people :D

Welcome aboard, I wouldn't mind any Aussie slang and no worries about spelling since I imagine all of us make them throughout the story.

Also, extra kudos to you for bringing out the lovely face claim! She was in my top five for new characters.

Anyway, hope you enjoy your time here and looking forward to your story!

Reply #2265
Welcome aboard to the neverending party, Josie! I look forward to writing with you. And please, don't hold back on the slang or spelling. I love those.

Reply #2266
Welcome aboard! Great to have you here.

I look forward to seeing Rini in action.

Reply #2268
Hah don't hold yourself back on our account.  Throw in all the Sheilas, brekkies, barbies and whatever else you'd like.  We can handle it.  :D

Of course, looking at that middle image, Deacon is convinced there's another crew member he's going to have to hide the booze from.  (He's almost convinced that at this point, Starfleet needs to recreate Alcoholics Anonymous...)  :D

Reply #2269
First thing's first; welcome aboard, Josie!

Second, I wanna apologize on my silent treatment. A lot of it was pretty irresponsible on my behalf. I'm working on that flaw, I promise.

On a high note though [finally], I have a bit of why I've been focused on other things.

After living in homeless shelters for far too long [about the past 9-10  years, something like that], me and my husband finally got accepted and are going to move into an apartment for the first time in a very long time. It'll be a 2 BR and we're absolutely hyped about it.

We're gonna discuss over dinner whether we agree to move on the 21st of this month or the 11th of September.

Either way, we're secured and have a new place to look forward to; one we're incredibly ecstatic about!

I'm gonna try to catch up soonish. Thanks for the patience!

-Esyel

Reply #2272
Thanks everyone~

After a bit of talking with m y husband, we agreed to take the first move-in date, which is the 21st of August. As such, I'll be occupied getting the unit we are residing in for the next 8-9 days cleaned, our stuff ready, etc. It'll likely be easier to reply after getting settled in, though I'll see about getting some posts in before then.

Reply #2273
CHARACTER PUT INTO STASIS. EVELYN RAWLEY ATTACKED BY DEVOTED

I have one less character because of the Devoted.

Lt. JG Evelyn Rawley          Former Fighter Pilot  [Wolf-02] 

- Formerly Played by Auctor Lucan

In the thread Day 01 [2300 hrs.] Where There is Smoke... (note the Day), Evelyn Rawley and Thomas Ravon were attacked by Devoted, and Rawley ended up getting her neck cut by a parsteel blade. While clinging to life with her teeth and nails, she was put into stasis due to her blood loss. She would have been scheduled for surgery if the outbreak of Virus 117 hadn't occurred the morning after, and now she will remain in stasis until Medical can catch a break.

Since this happened on Day 1 (albeit late), it might have some ripple-effects in some later threads. Nolan - writing Thomas Ravon - might make a couple of edits in his posts to reflect on the close call with Rawley, and he would be filing a report to Security about what happened. One evident thing that has also changed is that when Ravon made his speech to the Lone Wolves on Day 02, where he showed everyone the new Squadron Org Chart, Rawley's name wasn't listed for Wolf-02, but instead, Josie's character Honey Badger was listed as Wolf-02 instead. How? Because Medical informed Ravon about the scheduled recovery of Honey Badger, whereas Rawley's return remains unknown.

I will leave it up to @Nolan if the department head speech is edited to include any mention of Rawley and/or Honey Badger, but sufficed to say, the Wolves who knew Rawley might just have lost a sister, depending on if Medical can bring her back. So, I leave it to everyone's discretion if any edits or future references are made towards this development in Tactical CONN.

The OOC reason for Rawley being put into stasis is because a) I had no immediate plans with her, and b) because there was no place in the Lone Wolves Squad Org Chart for a returning Lone Wolf from the Theurgy. New Valravn fighter characters from the Orcus is easier, because they will just replace any currently listed NPCs from that squadron.

That's all for now!

Best,

Auctor Lucan
Game Moderator

Reply #2274
Hi All,

Just a quick alert to let you know that I'm on holiday!

I will be back within the week and I have my laptop with me, but replies may take longer than usual. I spent this morning trying to catch up on all my tags but I'm still behind with a couple. Please forgive me if you haven't had a tag from me just yet.

Hope you all are well, I will be checking in on the forum occasionally!

Simple Audio Video Embedder