Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 365791 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #2178
I'm ready to start "To Absent Friends", is it a prologue for the header or a Chapter itself? I suspect it's the former, but don't want to muddle things up per the master plan.

"Give the word, Sir." -- Malcolm Reed, ENT: Countdown.

Striker, I suspect the layout is such that anything occurring prior to 1900 hours on Day 1 [ie - anything before Chapter 1: Nebula Entry] would be a prologue.  So far, it appears we have:

* 1600 hours: Prologue 1: Focal Point, Prologue 2: Loose Ends, Prologue 3: The New Pack, Prologue 4: The Last Lone Wolves
* 1630 hours: Prologue 5: Strength in Unity
* 1700 hours: Prologue 6: Washing Away the Memories, Prologue 7: Two Stray Threads, Prologue 8: Loose Gears
* 1715 hours: Prologue 9: Sar-unga Grieving
* 1830 hours: Prologue 10: Seeds of Malefaction

* 1900 hours: Chapter 1: Nebula Entry
* 1930 hours: Chapter 2: Fanatical Interests
* 2200 hours: Chapter 3: Land of the Living
* 2230 hours: Chapter 4: What Goes Around...
* 2300 hours: Chapter 5: Where there is Smoke...
* 2330 hours: Chapter 6: A Lost Voice

Day 2 is locked until the completion of Chapter 1, if I recall correctly.  From my recollection of the plot ideas thread, "To Absent Friends" was recommended to take place around midnight day 1, so potentially chapter 7 at 2330 or immediately once day 2 is unlocked.  If you want it earlier in the night on Day 1 (say 2100 hours), that would likely necessitate Auctor renumbering the subsequent chapters just to keep them in chronological order.

(Just thought I'd help Auctor out, he can always correct me if I got anything wrong; please don't neuter the kzinti...)

Thanks, Cat-man, But if you're wrong, Safari time.; I hate to be the Peter Griffin to Lucan's Reaper in this reference:

Lt. Commander Leon "Striker" Marquez
Chief Tactical Officer, USS Theurgy
"No one left behind."

Ensign James "Jimmy" Mariner
Security Officer, USS Theurgy
"Showtime!"

Lieutenant (J.G.) Alessia "Angel" Garcia
Valravn Fighter Pilot, USS Theurgy
"You're not the only one with a gun,"

Reply #2179
THARINALK HAS VANISHED?

There is radio silence from our new member TharinAlk, me having tried to contact him via PM or email for some time now. Let's hope nothing bad has happened to him, and that he is well. At the same time, if he lost interest and decided to bail, just feeling too guilty to tell me...

...let's just say it's not the first time someone exploits me to make character images and then runs off with them to use at another site. Things like these are incredibly discouraging for me, making me want to close recruitment altogether. It takes me a lot of hours making the art for the site, the character images included, and when people are so disrespectful that they 'steal' artwork (but more importantly, my time) - art I have always done and will always do for free - it puts a big damper on my energy and motivation.

Sorry for the brief rant, and I hope TharinAlk both is okay and that he might return from whatever might have kept him, but in the meantime, I will have to put him down as Inactive. I might also have to somehow re-purpose the images of his character. I will also have to re-purpose the thread starter A Lost Voice to feature some other new (or old) character that is takes out of stasis on Day 01. This change of the story also includes editing some posts in Focal Point to have Captain Ives ask to have someone else be taken out of stasis instead.

Anyway, back to posting.

EDIT: If anyone wants to play the character left behind, that might work too, of course.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2180
NIGA ENTRY ON THE WIKI UPDATED

Oh, btw, for those who didn't read the Epilogue of Episode 04. it is now also available as a story excerpt at the database's Niga page:

Niga

Personally, I think the Epilogue becomes especially poignant in relation to the first story excerpt on the page, where the Theurgy arrived at the planet in Episode 01. Anyway, back to writing.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2181
Hey. We Caitians are more civilized then that. We had plumbing in our litter boxes back when Humans were still pooping out holes in the floor of second story buildings onto the street below. Ignorant apes, thinking they invented the flushing litterbox.

Reply #2182
it is once again that time of week where I get to be a person again for 3 days.  This time I will make some posts... just.. oh where to start! 

Expect at least one tonight.  :)
"Relationships are not my strong suit; I deal in evenings."
 - Jaya Thorne, Asst. Chief CONN Officer, Ensign [Show/Hide]

Reply #2183
it is once again that time of week where I get to be a person again for 3 days.  This time I will make some posts... just.. oh where to start! 

Expect at least one tonight.  :)
I don't get personhood status back until tonight ;) posts halfway written. Will finish today :)

Reply #2184
What is this personhood thing you speak of?  I get to work at quarter past wht the fuck, and I get home completely bushed, albeit after a civilized number of hours, smelling of onions and hate.

Reply #2185
 Yes I have noticed we all seem to be in the same  boat with this work - life balance currently 

Reply #2187
My life is good.  Bit i love writing. It is a passion of mine and I devote time to it as I can.

Reply #2188
Writing is my own happy place.

I finally finished my finals, but have to now shift attention to certain work hours and email correspondence. I have a draft handy to start 'to absent friends', will post within 48 hours.
Lt. Commander Leon "Striker" Marquez
Chief Tactical Officer, USS Theurgy
"No one left behind."

Ensign James "Jimmy" Mariner
Security Officer, USS Theurgy
"Showtime!"

Lieutenant (J.G.) Alessia "Angel" Garcia
Valravn Fighter Pilot, USS Theurgy
"You're not the only one with a gun,"

Reply #2189
"NEW" CHARACTER BY STRIKER N7

While Striker has already been playing him as an NPC, here is the full character page of Jimmy Mariner!

Ens. James "Jimmy" Mariner    Security Officer 

- Played by Striker N7

But that's not all....

OLD CHARACTER BROUGHT OUT OF STASIS BY ABSINTHE

Indeed, Absinthe has decided to take on playing a character of old, namely Nicole Howard, one of our past Chief Engineers. She will not, however, be able to return to active duty, so the current set-up officer-wise in Engineering is unaffected. Her injuries have caused her memory loss and she might have a long road of rehabilitation to be able to walk again. Check the character page for more info.

Lt Cmdr. Nicole Howard        Chief Engineer Adviser 

- Played by Absinthe

The threads Lost Voice and Focal Point will be edited so that they deal with Nicole Howard being taken out of stasis instead of TharinAlk th'Thane, whom will simply not have existed in the first place unless his writer shows up again. More notifications about edits will be given to affected parties.

That's all for now. :) Almost 4 am now, so I am retiring to bed, lol.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2190
Haha, welcome back former chief engineers! It's like they're all being brought back out of stasis! :D Good to see Howard back, looking forward to how she'll play out with the extensive damage post Calamity.

Reply #2192
NEW CHARACTER BY HASTATA-NERADA

Here is our newest NCO and Hastata-Nerada's third character! :)

PO1 Morgan Song              Engineering Officer 

- Played by Hastata-Nerada

But that's not all....

PLEASE WELCOME JACK NOBLE WITH HIS CHARACTER BY THE SAME NAME!

Indeed, we have a new member, and his name is Jack Noble. Please welcome our 24th member!

Ens. Jack Calum Noble        Security Officer 

- Played by Jack Noble

3.30 am here... so I think it is time for bed now, lol. Sorry for any mistakes made.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2193
Oh look Grant Gustan playing a security officer, let me guess part of the CSI team?

Later on lets get him by lighting and have him become a speedster!

Reply #2196
Hello! I apologize for my absence as of late.  For whatever reason, I have stopped getting email notifications for this forum.  I just figured everyone was as busy as I have been lately so there have been few response.  But it is my fault for making that assumption and not coming here to verify it.

So, what's the reason for being busy, you ask?  I auditioned for a musical and got a part.  We started rehearsals 3 weeks ago and our performance is in 4 weeks (mid July).  This means that right now, I work 30-40 hours a week and go to rehearsal 9-12 hours a week.  Across the next month, that rehearsal time increases as we get closer to the show.  I remember doing this in college and not being so exhausted by it all, but as a non-college adult, this schedule is wearing me out.

I guess what I'm saying is that posts will continue to be slow-coming until the show is over because i don't usually have the energy to write after 8 hours of work and 3 hours of rehearsal.  :(  I am really sorry for this.  I forgot (and didn't expect) it to be so physically demanding and time intensive.

Oh, the musical is Pirates of Penzance.  I am Isabel.  I have lines, but no singing solos.  It's crazy and fun and exhausting and it will be over in one more month.

But enough about me!  Hello new characters!!!!  So nice to see you!!  The art is lovely as always!!  How exciting to have new pictures and faces!!

Reply #2198
Someone was saying earlier that they stopped getting messages from the board: I just checked and about 80% of the messages I recieved from admin@uss-theurgy.com had been flagged as SPAM by gmail, despite my purposefully adding the address to my contracts. Those filters still pick up on automated messaging from sites like this, and House of Eros as spam, and possibly ' not from admin@uss-theurgy.com' . I have removed all of these from the spam folder via my phone app but I had to log onto gmail directly, vai my computer browser this morning before work (ie right now as i prep to leave) to create a new LABEL and apply that to the contact. In theory, this should keep future messages from going to the spam folder (instead they'll end up in a Theurgy folder).

Please note that - if you use GMAIL - this cannot be done via the app, and has to be done via a computer browser. Not the mobile browser. This isn't a bug, either, this is a planned feature. Google wants you to have to log into the desktop to make this change for security reasons they don't really delve into.

Thus ends your friend email usage public service announcement.

PS: Lucan, we may want to make a note of this somewhere else on the forum: create a label for emails from admin@uss-theurgy.com , not just adding it to your contacts, to prevent site traffic as being flagged spam.

Simple Audio Video Embedder