Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 413940 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #875
Well if that is the case my characters are able to be used if you are let back in.

Reply #876
Welcome back to the Group and the story Endeavour! Check your PM inbox for my extended welcome and notes on the current status of the story.

I have updated the Crew Manifest to return Connor Matthews from NPC-status, and like I wrote in the PM, you are free to post in your current thread again. I would suggest wrapping up that scene in a couple of post so that you can jump straight to Chapter 03, where - as I write this - have come up with a perfect way to have Connor checked up upon and released from Sickbay. Zenozine, I think we can easily have Maal and Hylota go to Connor's biobed in "01: Resurrection", right? Unless you want Hylota to have Maal all to herself? lol

Speaking of Maal, he has been with us from Episode 01 as a supporting character, so I actually think its long overdue that I make a character sheet for him and make him an official NPC in Sickbay. I will be working on that in the next couple of days as time allows for it. Posting is my priority, of course.

Anyway, welcome back Endeavour!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #877
Hylota and Maal can go an do that. I did not really have anything planned for the two of them. It would be fun to have them check up on another new patient so Hylota can meet more of the crew to her new ship and possibly have them mistake her as a man and her frozen brother as a woman.

And I think a Maal character sheet should be made,I went looking for him before and I was confused when I did not find him.

Reply #878
That sounds like a wild time you've had there Endeavour! Glad you're back though and good on you for tracking your sister down :) 

In other news I am at my new place of work and I can get access to here :) YAY!

Reply #879
Thank you guys for understanding. I knew there was a reason as to why I liked you all so much. Oh and it's great to meet you Zenozine.

Reply #880
Likewise, I am also working to set things up so you can be brought into the story again at the Med bay with Auctor Lucan. it is in this thread http://houseeros.com/roleplay-role-playing-forum/index.php?topic=44691.msg1232763#new so we should be getting to you fairly soon. Since if I read things correctly you were in the med bay, when Hylota and Maal do their rounds you could jump in there. My guess is Auctor Lucan would be setting something up here.

Reply #881
STORY OVERVIEW

I am doing a quick one for Chapter 03 this time around, here goes:

Chapter 03: The Captain of My Soul [01: Resurrection]

Main Sickbay
Brutus is next here, unless Doctor Maya posts again now that Lucan has left some instructions.

Recovery Wards
I will be posting next there.

Chapter 03: The Captain of My Soul [02: Shock & Denial]

I will be posting with Rawley and Cinsaj, while Kurohigi, IronFerrox and TheBanshee are up in other scenes here.

Chapter 03: The Captain of My Soul [03: Pain & Guilt]

I left some instructions for Nolan's and Maya's characters, that they would tell Sarresh about the medical treatment he has undergone:

Then, Lucan turned to Dr. Duv and Dr. Maya. "Will the two of you please explain the procedure, starting with the aquatic denominator we found and the DNA resequencing, followed by the neuro-pressure and epidermis treatment?" He then looked towards Sar-unga, "You might need to explain your role as well, because otherwise, the patient will not give credit to anything we explain. Can you do that?"

Since Doctor Maya has already posted with some inner reflections about Sarresh's situation, I say Nolan goes next.

Chapter 03: The Captain of My Soul [04: Anger & Bargaining]

Currently, the argument about whether Thea may try and save her daughter, Cala, or if they should simply destroy their adversary is raging during the Senior Staff Meeting. Next posters are TheBanshee with Cinn and Tia's opinions, The Counselor with Hayden and Brutus with Natalie. Cathreen DaWinter, you may of course have your Yeoman speak up with her opinion as you see fit. After that, while free for everyone to interject in any way you like along the way, Kurohigi will go last with Edena Rez and with Captain Vasser's own verdict (possibly with Lin Kae again as well). After that, I will end the current topic and dish out one last announcement with Ives before ending the Chapter.

What is next?

After the last bit happens in the Senior Staff Meeting, the second half of Chapter 03's starter scenes will be posted, and things go... somewhat out of hand.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #882
Sorry for late posting. I now have more work hours so my posting will not be as active as it used to be. Although weekends I'm off.

Reply #884
My apologies to everyone in the group that are still waiting for my replies. A bit swamped in RL issues at this time but I should be back somewhere tomorrow or in the coming days to catch up on my posts.

Reply #885
Right.  After two weeks in my new job I quit and returned home.  Illegal payment, broken equipment of vital importance, poor training and poor management were major factors in this decision but unless you are used to horse yards it would make no sense if I explained it fully - WAY too much jargon involved ;)

I have also now fixed my ethernet cable sooooo.... I'M BACK BABIES!

I'll still do what I wanted to, it'll just take a bit longer is all :)  Even if it takes me until I'm 80 I'll fulfil my dream.

Reply #886
UPDATE

The writing of the progress from 04 and forth in Chapter 03 goes on, progressing steadily! It's somewhat of an elephant to butcher and eat up in pieces though, hence the delay. We also have a new applicant member that I am working with biography and graphics-wise.

Just to keep you all in the loop and to ask for a bit more patience before I... well... crap out the elephant all over out board, lol. My apologies for the slight delay folks!

As for 04: Anger & Bargaining, it would be awesome if no characters continued the debate further from this point on since I might have to rewrite my replies in that case.

Best,

Lucan

Reply #887
SENIOR STAFF MEETING CONCLUDED

I have the pleasure to announce that I managed to finish a few things tonight and posted them on the board, among others the conclusion to the Senior Staff meeting. In order to move things on, I took a few liberties with everyone present in their silent reactions to the new orders, and I hope you all agree with how it kicked things into motion in thanks to that grim silence.

I also posted two new starters for Chapter 03, and the admins will soon help me mark them in blue and stick them to the top of the board along with the rest of the Chapter 03 threads.

If anyone has questions on the progress that has been made, please do not hesitate to ask. Be it here in the open for the benefit of all to learn more about what is going on, or via PM/IM if you'd rather confer with me privately.

Happy reading!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #888
STORY OVERVIEW

Hello everyone!

More threads will be coming up for Chapter 03, but I figured I wouldn't heap it all upon you right away for sake of suspense and to give you a chance to wrap your lingering old scenes. Tonight, I will take a moment to post a new Story Overview to help everyone remember which threads have missing posts fin the Prologue, Chapter 01 and Chapter 02. I will also list Chapter 03 with suggested posting orders.

The below lists of threads are chronological, starting with the Prologue. Just browse the lists below quickly and check for your names in white. I will mark the finished threads in green and the active ones in yellow. These are all links, so just click on each thread to get there.

Prologue: Under the Bludgeonings of Chance

PROLOGUE: Under the Bludgeonings of Chance [Part I]

PROLOGUE: Under the Bludgeonings of Chance [Part II]

PROLOGUE: Supplementary [Below Decks]

PROLOGUE: Supplementary [Conference Lounge]

PROLOGUE: Supplementary [Sickbay]

PROLOGUE: Supplementary [Cleaning Up] Next poster: TheBanshee

Chapter 01: Find Me Unafraid

CHAPTER 01: Find Me Unafraid [0630 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: Cobalt & Iron [0715 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: Breakfast in the Neutral Zone [0700 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: Aquatic Denominator [0800 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: Among the Stars [0900 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: The Intelligence Officer [1000 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: Old Comrades  [1100 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: Damage [1120 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: Visiting Hours [1400 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: Knowing is Half the Battle [1500 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: Awakening [1700 hrs.] Next poster: Endeavour

CHAPTER 01: Exigency of Life [1930 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: A Place to Lay My Head [2000 hrs.] Next poster: Searcher

CHAPTER 02: The Festival of the Moon                                 

CHAPTER 02: The Festival of the Moon [2100 hrs.]

CHAPTER 02: The White Sands of Risa [2120 hrs.]

CHAPTER 02: By the Moonlit Sea [2120 hrs.]

CHAPTER 02: Steam-pools [2130 hrs.] Next poster: Cathreen Dawinter

CHAPTER 02: Moonlight Walk [2130 hrs.]

CHAPTER 02: Distant Cabana [2130 hrs.]

CHAPTER 02: Ikara Nightclub [2140 hrs.] Next poster: Searcher

CHAPTER 02: Cliffside Pathways [2150 hrs.] Next poster: Cathreen Dawinter

CHAPTER 02: By The Luminescent Plants [2130 hrs.]

CHAPTER 02: Unspeakable [2140 hrs.] Next poster: The Counselor

CHAPTER 02: Untouched Sands [2145 hrs] Next poster: Searcher

CHAPTER 02: Beach House [2200 hrs] Next poster: TheBanshee

CHAPTER 02: Behind the Amphitheatre [2200 hrs.] Next poster: IronFerrox

CHAPTER 02: Under the Subterranean Waterfalls [2330 hrs.] Next poster: Nolan

CHAPTER 02: The System's Core [2330 hrs.] Next poster: IronFerrox

CHAPTER 02: Lovers' Quarrel [2350 hrs.] Next poster: Cathreen Dawinter

Chapter 03: The Captain of My Soul

Chapter 03: The Captain of My Soul [01: Resurrection] Next poster: Endeavour, Doctor Maya

Chapter 03: The Captain of My Soul [02: Shock & Denial] Next poster: Canadian Vet, IronFerrox & Auctor Lucan

Chapter 03: The Captain of My Soul [03: Pain & Guilt] Next poster: Nolan, Brutus, Searcher or TheCounselor

Chapter 03: The Captain of My Soul [04: Anger & Bargaining] Next poster: Finishing Posts from All Participants (optional)

Chapter 03: The Captain of My Soul [05: Isolation & Depression] Next poster: TheBanshee, then Canadian Vet & Cathreen Dawinter

Chapter 03: The Captain of My Soul [06: The Turn] Next poster: All Lone-Wolf Writers, Renard might want to check his office...

Chapter 03: The Captain of My Soul [07: Reconstruction] Next poster: TheBanshee (since Tia is the CEng)

The Old Board

On the old Part 1 board I am only missing the finishing development between Tessa May Lance and Zaraq in Unusual Courting. Doctor Maya, would you like to finish this JP quickly with me? PM me in that case.

Non-Canon Species Information

As you all may have noticed, the place-holder and one of our species have been posted on our main board! I know I have species to add here when I can find the time, and some of you out there have unique species too. I have PMed you with the form, but let me know if you guys want it again!

And Lastly...

I have received a lot of positive feedback on the latest development and I would like to take a moment to thank you all for your encouragement. With you guys, its really easy to motivate yourself and continue this saga, and I am really excited about the upcoming threads in Chapter 03, which will be the triggers for the Grande Finale of this Episode!

In Episode 01, the Theurgy was about to be fully infected, all hope lost in the last fighting that took place, and it was a really cool sequence of events that lead to the finish. In Episode 02, there might not have been so much fighting and action, but the drama and the theological revelations turned out really cool anyway. Episode 03, Part 1 ended with the Theurgy and the Harbinger trying to leave Theta Eridani IV, and I must say that the moral dilemmas combined with the tectonic event was just about one of the coolest things I have had the pleasure to participate in roleplaying-wise.

Now, we stand before the finale of Part 2... and I must say I think it holds the promise of being the best one yet.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan
Game Moderator

Reply #889
THE "SHAGGED" CHART

Need I say more?

Click on the image for a larger version.

Let's just say its a headache to keep track of as GM... If I have forgotten some scene, let me know, lol. Oh, and obviously, I could only fit in the alive and active characters, else it would have been even larger.

Best,

Lucan

Reply #891
I shall be consulting that chart often!  lol.   Here's a belated announcement.  Despite the hectic schedule that the holidays have graced us with, I have decided to adopt Tessa May Lance as my character.  A revision to her background will be a sure sign of quicker replies from me.  Until then, delays and excuses are the order of the day.  lol.

Reply #892
Y'know Maya, I think I might actually be falling in love with O'Connell.  Brilliantly written and such great characterisation :D

Reply #893
And to think that I was giving up on that character!  Of course!  He's an engineer!  He just needed a scene in engineering!   ;D

Reply #894
Sorry guys, I know I'm holding things up but I've been a bit busy this week and won't likely get to post until Saturday.

Reply #895
Well, in that case getting Tia Marlowe hospitalized was pure genius!   8)

Reply #896
Regarding Reconstruction:

Quote from: Doctor Maya's OOC note in Reconstruction
I'm assuming that Brutus and I need to revise our entries regarding the number and severity of causalities in Engineering.  It seems unlikely that  More than one engineer was strewn out across the deck, hanging over railings - or worse, crumpled in smoking piles, with flesh burned off their bodies from explosions.  The damage wasn't that great; I assume that Cir'ce wanted to sabotage the cloaking system, not blow the ship up.  The mandatory combat at the climax hasn't started yet.  We're fugitives and Starfleet isn't sending replacement personnel to us.  If the Theurgy took permanent casualties this often the ship would soon be empty.

Well, yeah, perhaps. It does not say any numbers, really, and I like the "special effects", but you are correct that the attempt was not to blow the ship up or kill too many personnel. But the crewman, which was aptly named Dom Fuk, might have screwed up with the sabotage considering that he was the one doing it and not Cir'Cie.

I am ok with how it is right now but if you guys want to make slight updates to align things more feel free to do so. I think the potential danger and the cost of lives can be chalked up to Dom Fuk's shortcomings, though. Cir'Cie merely wanted to sabotage the potential use of the Phasing Cloak, that's all, since the cloak is considered key to going to Starbase 84, which Vasser and T'Rena does not want them to do because of the risks and the estimated chance of failure of the ballsy enterprise.

Best,

Lucan

Reply #897
NEW THREAD

Hi there everyone!

I have the pleasure to announce that a new thread has been posted in Chapter 03, named Acceptance. Here is the link:

http://houseeros.com/roleplay-role-playing-forum/index.php?topic=46509.0

As you will notice, it specifically pertain to events that evolve on the Harbinger just before, during and after the Theurgy experience some... ahem... difficulties in Main Engineering. Kurohigi, Nolan and IronFerrox, since your characters belong aboard the Harbinger at this point in time, happy reading and I look forward to see what we make of it.

It does not have to wind on to be a drawn out affair though, [glow=limegreen,2,300]since the last part of Chapter 03 is coming up soon enough.[/glow]

STORY OVERVIEW

The below lists of threads are chronological, starting with the Prologue. Just browse the lists below quickly and check for your names in white. I will mark the finished threads in green and the active ones in yellow. These are all links, so just click on each thread to get there.

Prologue: Under the Bludgeonings of Chance   [glow=limegreen,2,300]FINISHED![/glow]

PROLOGUE: Under the Bludgeonings of Chance [Part I]

PROLOGUE: Under the Bludgeonings of Chance [Part II]

PROLOGUE: Supplementary [Below Decks]

PROLOGUE: Supplementary [Conference Lounge]

PROLOGUE: Supplementary [Sickbay]

PROLOGUE: Supplementary [Cleaning Up]

Chapter 01: Find Me Unafraid

CHAPTER 01: Find Me Unafraid [0630 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: Cobalt & Iron [0715 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: Breakfast in the Neutral Zone [0700 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: Aquatic Denominator [0800 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: Among the Stars [0900 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: The Intelligence Officer [1000 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: Old Comrades  [1100 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: Damage [1120 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: Visiting Hours [1400 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: Knowing is Half the Battle [1500 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: Awakening [1700 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: Exigency of Life [1930 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: A Place to Lay My Head [2000 hrs.] Next poster: Searcher

CHAPTER 02: The Festival of the Moon                                 

CHAPTER 02: The Festival of the Moon [2100 hrs.]

CHAPTER 02: The White Sands of Risa [2120 hrs.]

CHAPTER 02: By the Moonlit Sea [2120 hrs.]

CHAPTER 02: Steam-pools [2130 hrs.]

CHAPTER 02: Moonlight Walk [2130 hrs.]

CHAPTER 02: Distant Cabana [2130 hrs.]

CHAPTER 02: Ikara Nightclub [2140 hrs.] Next poster: Searcher

CHAPTER 02: Cliffside Pathways [2150 hrs.] Next poster: Kurohigi

CHAPTER 02: By The Luminescent Plants [2130 hrs.]

CHAPTER 02: Unspeakable [2140 hrs.] Next poster: The Counselor (?)

CHAPTER 02: Untouched Sands [2145 hrs] Next poster: Searcher

CHAPTER 02: Beach House [2200 hrs] Next poster: Kurohgi

CHAPTER 02: Behind the Amphitheatre [2200 hrs.]

CHAPTER 02: Under the Subterranean Waterfalls [2330 hrs.] Next poster: Kurohigi

CHAPTER 02: The System's Core [2330 hrs.] Next poster: IronFerrox (the new plans, remember?)

CHAPTER 02: Lovers' Quarrel [2350 hrs.] Next poster: IronFerrox

Chapter 03: The Captain of My Soul

Chapter 03: The Captain of My Soul [01: Resurrection] Next poster: Brutus | Auctor Lucan

Chapter 03: The Captain of My Soul [02: Shock & Denial] Next poster: Kurohigi

Chapter 03: The Captain of My Soul [03: Pain & Guilt] Next poster: Brutus, The Counselor & Searcher (independent order) | Nolan

Chapter 03: The Captain of My Soul [04: Anger & Bargaining] Next poster: Finishing Posts from All Participants (optional)

Chapter 03: The Captain of My Soul [05: Isolation & Depression] Next poster: TheBanshee

Chapter 03: The Captain of My Soul [06: The Turn] Next poster: IronFerrox

Chapter 03: The Captain of My Soul [07: Reconstruction] Next poster: Brutus

Chapter 03: The Captain of My Soul [08: Acceptance] Next poster: IronFerrox | Nolan    [glow=limegreen,2,300]NEW![/glow]

So, there you all have it!

Lastly, some great plans for the continuation of the story is taking place, and at a more opportune time, I will post the manuscript here for everyone to comment and take part of. It does not pertain to Episode 03, but the upcoming Interregnum 03-04 section of the story.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan
Game Moderator

Reply #898
Hey Everybody,
Just a hello from me to everybody here. My new character has been approved and I look forward to jumping into the story here shortly. I have some catch up reading to do, but it shouldn't take me to long~
~Stark

Reply #899
Welcome aboard!  Will your Trill be joining us too?

Simple Audio Video Embedder