Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 414008 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #1300
Thanks for letting us know, Lori.

THEURGY-CLASS PROJECT

Here is a concept image of Thea's new look. It's a large image, so it might take a while for you guys to load it. This is not the finished model, but a concept image for what it is supposed to look like when it is finished.

https://orig03.deviantart.net/42a1/f/2015/351/3/5/theurgy_class_design_concept_by_auctor_lucan-d9kij7m.png

Hope you all like the design!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1301
Very nice, quite impressive to say the least.

Reply #1302
Hi everyone first of all I wanted to apologize for my extremely long absence from the group. I'm so sorry to everyone involved in any threads with me for the hold ups I've put you all through. Lately work has been piling up due to the coming of the holidays. Work is still taking up quite a bit of time but I will really try to put the effort forth to try and be more active in the coming weeks. I'm sorry for my inactivity and hope you can all forgive me.

Also I promise to try and communicate any future absences to the group here better in the future as well.

-Rosa

Reply #1303
As for me, my last final is tomorrow so I should be able to catch up afterwards.

Reply #1304
Thanks for the updates!

THE SPARRING TOURNAMENT CONTINUES...

The two first challengers have been defeated, but it was a very close call for the Deputy to win her match. So, if anyone feel so inclined, Jien Ives and Deputy zh'Wann are available for any new challengers on the Theurgy!

http://houseeros.com/roleplay-role-playing-forum/index.php?topic=54607.msg1525584#msg1525584

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1305
Will try to get posting somewhere this week. Christmas, New year and exams are causing some mayhem though. So bear with me.

Reply #1307
Merry Christmas everyone!

Reply #1308
Now that a new year is starting, I thought I'd share some ideas I had for light hearted group scenes in the Interregnum.  Auctor Lucan and I discussed them and I nearly forgot about them but I thought I'd run them up the flagpole and see who salutes them.

My first idea was a "Back to Boot Camp" idea to restore the military discipline of the cast and give some of the non-Starfleet cast some training.  This can be covered with a short scene with a drill instructor and anyone who has "volunteered" for the remedial training.  Odds are the faceless NPC's from the Harbinger are getting this training off stage.  Although usually drill instructors are senior NCO's (Gunnery Sergeants and Chief Petty Officers) there aren't that many in the cast.  (I think that O'Connell and Covington are the only senior enlisted men who are player characters at this time.)  That doesn't mean that an officer can't be the drill instructor or that a temporary NPC can't be made up on the spot to be the drill instructor in this scene.

My second idea would be that the crew attempt to restore morale by attempting to put on a play.  I picture a light hearted scene where our characters try out for roles they are not suited for, read their lines melodramatically or too stilted, misunderstand stage directions, etc.  Remember, just your characters are trying out for a play, doesn't mean they know how to act.  If this idea is taken, the play should be a work that was written in the late 21st or early 22nd century so no one will be expected to be familiar with it, but some of us can pretend to be.  Alternatively it can be a work of Shakespeare.  

Let me know if you're interested and we can work out the details.

Reply #1309
Just a quick update from me work has me loaded down right now but I'll try to get posts going soon. Please bear with me :)

-Rosa

Reply #1310
STORY OVERVIEW & PROGRESSION

Great initiative, Doc M. Please speak up everyone and I will help out as best as I might. Now, since people are celebrating the Holidays, I figured it was time for an update for you all so that you know where your posting is at when you get back in gear. As usual, here is the list of active threads organised chronologically and by board, and all of these are links to click. I have also added posting reminders about who is next to post in all of them.

Some of you might have been verified by email about this already, but I have proceeded to lock and sticky threads that are finished so that it is easier to keep track of all the threads.

INTERREGNUM EP 03-04

DAY 01: Time Judges All [0500 hrs.] Next poster: 1) CanadianVet 2) Kaligos 3) IronFerrox (Long overdue, this one. Can it be wrapped?)
DAY 01: Rejuvenation [0900 hrs.]  Finished!
DAY 01: The Path Ahead [0915 hrs.]  Finished!
DAY 01: New Life [1000 hrs.] Next poster: Zenozine
DAY 01: Lost in the Mind [1015 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: Misgivings [1100 hrs.] Next poster: Zenozine
DAY 01: Encouragement [1115 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: Stranger Tides [1130 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: SAR Away-Mission [1150 hrs.] Next poster: Doc.M.
DAY 01: Healing | Part 1 [0730 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: A Fresh Start | Part 1 [1230 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: A Fresh Start | Part 2 [1240 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: Meeting of the Minds [1300 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: The First of Many Propositions [1400 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: An Empty Pack [2030 hrs.] Next poster: Kaligos & DocReno
DAY 01: A Quiet Chat [2100 hrs.] Finished!

DAY 02: Houseguest [0130 hrs.] Next poster: RosariaRosette
DAY 02: Goldeneye's Confession [0700 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 02: Back From the Dead [0800 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 02: In Remembrance [1200 hrs.] Next poster: Everyone who has not told the GM otherwise
DAY 02: Critical Vacancy [1230 hrs.] Next poster: DocReno
DAY 02: A Friendly Chat [1300 hrs.] Next poster: The Counselor
DAY 02: Mistress-at-Arms [1400 hrs.] Next poster: Absinthe
DAY 02: Digital Relations [1500 hrs.] Finsihed!
DAY 02: Finding Strength [1800 hrs.] Next poster: DocReno & Any Challenger for ThanIda zh'Wann
DAY 02: Healing | Part 2 [1830 hrs.] Next poster: Zenozine
DAY 02: Poker Night [2000 hrs.] Finished!

DAY 03: Unfinished Business [0610 hrs.] Next poster: Kaligos
DAY 03: Phasmids [0900 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 03: The Accipiter [1400 hrs.] Next poster: 1) Absinthe 2) CanadianVet & Anyone present
DAY 03: Midnight Oil [2345 Hrs] Next poster: CanadianVet

DAY 04: Weapon Storage Raid [0750 hrs.] Next poster: 1) Zenozine / CanadianVet / IronFerrox 2) Anyone independently. Board the base!
DAY 04: Subconscious Repression [1955 hrs.] Next poster: The Counselor

EPISODE 04: Simulcast

Episode 04: Simulcast | Prologue "Homecoming" Finished!

Chapter 01: Tensions Rising
  - Below the Acquisition Grid Next poster: Brutus (Krystal & Keval arrives next)
  - Tristan & F'Rell with two security guards Next poster: Absinthe
  - Krystal & Keval Next poster: DocReno
  - Brig Scene Next poster: RedBaron as according to PM (Tristan & F'Rell arrives next)
  - Science Department Scene Next poster: Auctor Lucan

WHAT'S NEXT?

In Day 01, I will be posting a thread with Zaraq where he starts out training Amelya Duv in required combat field medic skills, toughening her up a bit for away-mission roles. Day 05 will be heavily influenced by the outcome in the Weapon Storage Raid, with gear and weapons found there being the focus. The rapid fire twin-mounts will be one of the things that needs to be fitted on all the Valkyries, for example. Day 05 would be a good one for the ideas mentioned above in this thread, right Doc. M?

I will be posting a starter for Day 06 too, where everyone can have their characters leave personal logs for their friends and family. Not only that, but this day is the last one before they arrive at Starbase 84, so this would be the last chance before the suicide mission to say and do what they want to, speaking with those they have grown close to, and find some measure of closure before the battle.

Episode 04 has become somewhat of a waiting game, but as soon as RedBaron and Brutus posts there, I am confident the evidence found will kick things off and lead into an interesting set-up for when the Theurgy arrives, which will be right at the end of Chapter 01.

THEURGY-CLASS PROJECT

I will be posting development as soon as I find the time to compile some images from the renders I've got, but I am excited about the progress!

NPCs TO BE OFFERED FOR NEW APPLICANTS

So far, we have only tried to have our surviving NPCs from writers that have left us inherited by present members in our Group. An idea came to me where I would compile ads for House of Eros, STPMA, TrekCore, Yahoo Groups, Tumblr & DeviantArt. In those ads, I would be offering our NPC characters specifically, asking people to take over playing them in our story. For some characters, it might be tough for new applicants to learn the back story, and for others, it will be easier. I would have to prepare summaries when any applicants contact me about the characters, but as for the initial ads, I will be able to use the characters graphics to invoke some interest. Furthermore, I am going to give the applicants creative licenses to rewrite the biographies before approval, but some things will have to remain despite the Butterfly Effect, like their names and character images, for example.

If anyone would like me to make ads for specific NPCs of ours, let me know here or over PM, and I will make them my priority.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1311
Hey everyone, sorry for a lengthy two week absence. I have been a little under the weather after dealing with family garbage for the past few days, the good news is that the new year is just that a new year, and it seems that as of the 3rd things will be getting back to normal. However I will be gone all day on the 2nd, I've decided to go see a doctor, which means a 6 hour drive into the city, finding a clinic, getting treated, and then maybe going to see star wars if I have the energy (because the theater on the island i live in can't afford the ability to play the movie.)

I'm also to be returning to college come the 4th, but it seems like I will be back to posting, my goal is to get myself all caught up on Eros for the new year, so that I can take things easier come school times.

All in all I appologize for my insensitive timing of absence, and would like you to know that both Nathan and Hi'Jak will be returning come 2016.

Reply #1312
Thanks for the update!

Here is a belated and small Christmas Present for you all! A compressed rar file with Thea computer sounds.

http://sta.sh/01kecmzl9o9f

Since the vote for voice actress fell on Tarnia, she made these sounds for us as according to the transcripts of a standard Starfleet computer. Just a fun little thing, really.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1313
Hello everyone, I'm a new player to Star Trek: Theugry but I've been roleplaying for years, most of it online as well as most of it being Star Trek based.  My character's name is Daniel Roman Havenborn and I've joined as the Resolve's Squadron Commanding Officer.

I'm excited to get into the game and I'm looking forward to roleplaying with everyone and I hope that you all enjoy roleplaying with me.
Defeat, Genocide; why quibble with semantics.

Reply #1314
Awesome to hear; welcome aboard!

Reply #1317
I just wanted to apologize to everyone for how long it's taking me to get my posts out and the patience with them, I hope to have my computer back up and running soon.

By that same point, I wanted to thank you all for having the patience with them.

Reply #1318

THE RAID ON THE BLACK OPAL FACILITY

This is the last chance for writers of the Lone Wolves and the Security officers that have boarded the base to write out their individual achievements in fighting the Starfleet personnel posted at the Black Opal. Next time I post, I will be writing Lieutenant Commander Dewitt ordering the base personnel to stand down and yield their weapons to the Theurgy's people. Next poster is IronFerrox.

After that announcement on the PA system, Doc M. and CanadianVet, it is your show to start re-supplying the Theurgy as quickly as possible.

NEW WRITER IN OUR MIDST!

He might already have posted here, but I figured I would take the opportunity to formally welcome Havenborn. Here is his character, who is already facing a moral dilemma in Episode 04:

Lt. Daniel Havenborn          Squadron Commanding Officer USS Resolve

- Played by Havenborn

Looking forward to writing with you, Havenborn!

NYLA HAS LEFT US... BUT A'VURA HAS A NEW PLAYER!

As you all might have guessed, Nyla has left us. Yet given the plot-essential role of the Acting Chief of Operations on the USS Resolve and her meeting with the Romulan in Episode 04, Vystori has kindly offered to play A'vura Zeshryr.

Ens. A’vura Zeshryr           Act. Chief of Operations    USS Resolve

- Played by Vystori

As always when one of our players inherit a character, Vystori has been issued a creative licence in writing the character instead of adhering to the way she was played by Nyla. It is also entirely optional whether or not Vystori revises the character sheet to make her own take on A'vura Zeshryr, this by posting a new character sheet at her leisure.

SERA VERS ALDNOAH CHARACTER SHEET

Now that RosariaRosette was satisfied with the biography of Sera vers Aldnoah and she has posted it for everyone, I figured I would take the opportunity to link it here for you all. Sera was announced earlier in this thread, but now the sheet was finished:

Ms. Sera vers Aldnoah         Explorer                    Starbase 84

- Played by RosariaRosette

TRISTAN KENDRICK, ANYONE?

Cpt. Tristan Kendrick         Commanding Officer          USS Resolve [NPC]

- Available to be played by all members within reason

I could still use some help from someone playing Tristan Kendrick, since he is a plot-driving character in Episode 04. It would be a temporal undertaking, him being an Episode-based character and not intended to be played actively after Episode 04 comes to an end. If someone would be willing to do this, it would be awesome!

NEW CHALLENGER NEEDED IN THE SPARRING TOURNAMENT

ThanIda zh'Wann is available for a spar with the first one who posts in the sparring tournament. Surely someone is willing to go around against Ida? She is already beaten bloody by Nathaniel Isley so it will likely be she that looses to your character.

Link: DAY 02: Finding Strength [1800 hrs.]
http://houseeros.com/roleplay-role-playing-forum/index.php?topic=54607.0

NEW WEAPON DEMONSTRATION THREAD OPENED

With the recovery of the Accipiter rifle, a new thread has been posted by Absinthe for all Senior Staff members on the Theurgy as well as any Lone Wolves available to attend. Here, the people gathered will be given a taste of what the Accipiter can do. Read up and post away:

Link: DAY 03: The Accipiter [1400 hrs.]
http://houseeros.com/roleplay-role-playing-forum/index.php?topic=55849.0

I NEED YOUR HELP WITH SPECIFICATIONS

A reminder about the help I need compiling written info (only texts) on the listed projects below. Please PM me if you can take on a project and ease my burden.

Theurgy-class Starship Specifications

We may be getting a 3D model soon, but it is up to us to go over the old specs of our ship and update it to fit the new Theurgy-class. This one is a priority.

Mk III Valkyrie (Pinarci's new weapon systems)

The Twin-Mount

IronFerrox and CanadianVet had awesome ideas, but I find myself short of time to compile the specs into an easy to understand paragraph of text. This text needs to be added to the Tac Conn info on our board.

Tetryon Pulse Phase Cannon

Same thing here, while an old weapon, the pros and cons I listed here in the OOC needs to be compiled into a single paragraph description that makes it clear what it is capable of.

Mk II Valkyrie (Resolve & Harbinger Fighters)

Since we are left with a handful of old Mk II Valkyries, IronFerrox had the idea that the old images we used for the Mk III could be the Mk II instead, the only thing that needs fixing is to make them grey since they have been described as grey on too many occasions to retconn now. What I need from you guys is help to write up the specs for them, but compared to other projects below, they are a low-priority.

CURRENT BUTTERFLY EFFECT LISTING

In order to document the changes of the butterfly effect, set for Day 04 in the Interregnum, here is the current list and the link:
  • Evelyn Rawley's Callsign: Rawley's callsign is now - and always has been - "Ghost" instead of "Ranger".

• Cameron Henshaw's Hair: Instead of the short pixie haircut that Cameron had before, she has at some point in the past decided to let her hair grow out.

• Natalie Stark's Affair with Rory Callahan: Natalie never had sex with Rory Callahan. While there was a mutual interest, nothing came out of it.

• Rory Callahan Died in the Mutiny: He died saving Natalie Stark and Simon Tovarek. As of Day 04, everyone will remember that there were only holograms in Below Decks until Edena Rez became the new Lounge Proprietor. There was a malfunction in the present holoemitters that forced Rez to step in and serve people after the memorial service.
Link: http://houseeros.com/roleplay-role-playing-forum/index.php?topic=55173.msg1522201#msg1522201

If anyone out there have requests about changing their characters or their past, PM me about it and I will approve it, announce it and add it to this listing. Remember that the day set for the changes to occur is Day 04 and onwards.

STORY OVERVIEW & PROGRESSION

As usual, here is the list of active threads organised chronologically and by board, and all of these are links to click. I have also added posting reminders about who is next to post in all of them.

INTERREGNUM EP 03-04

DAY 01: Time Judges All [0500 hrs.] Next poster: 1) CanadianVet 2) Kaligos 3) IronFerrox (Long overdue, this one. Can it be wrapped?)
DAY 01: Rejuvenation [0900 hrs.]  Finished!
DAY 01: The Path Ahead [0915 hrs.]  Finished!
DAY 01: New Life [1000 hrs.] Next poster: The Counselor
DAY 01: Lost in the Mind [1015 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: Misgivings [1100 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: Encouragement [1115 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: Stranger Tides [1130 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: SAR Away-Mission [1150 hrs.] Next poster: Brutus
DAY 01: Healing | Part 1 [0730 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: A Fresh Start | Part 1 [1230 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: A Fresh Start | Part 2 [1240 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: Meeting of the Minds [1300 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: The First of Many Propositions [1400 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: Healing | Part 2 [1840 hrs.] Next poster: Nolan
DAY 01: An Empty Pack [2030 hrs.] Next poster: Kaligos & DocReno
DAY 01: Off-Duty Treatment [2030 hrs.] Next poster: Zenozine
DAY 01: A Quiet Chat [2100 hrs.] Finished!

DAY 02: Houseguest [0130 hrs.] Next poster: RosariaRosette
DAY 02: Goldeneye’s Confession [0700 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 02: Back From the Dead [0800 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 02: In Remembrance [1200 hrs.] Next poster: Everyone who has not told the GM otherwise
DAY 02: Critical Vacancy [1230 hrs.] Next poster: DocReno & Nolan
DAY 02: A Friendly Chat [1300 hrs.] Next poster: The Counselor
DAY 02: Mistress-at-Arms [1400 hrs.] Next poster: Absinthe
DAY 02: Digital Relations [1500 hrs.] Finsihed!
DAY 02: Finding Strength [1800 hrs.] Next poster: DocReno & Any Challenger for ThanIda zh'Wann
DAY 02: Healing | Part 3 [1830 hrs.] Next poster: Zenozine
DAY 02: Poker Night [2000 hrs.] Finished!

DAY 03: Unfinished Business [0610 hrs.] Next poster: Kaligos
DAY 03: Phasmids [0900 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 03: Between Meetings [1200 hrs.] Next poster: CanadianVet
DAY 03: The Accipiter [1400 hrs.] Next poster: Absinthe +Anyone present
DAY 03: Midnight Oil [2345 Hrs] Next poster: CanadianVet

DAY 04: Weapon Storage Raid [0750 hrs.] Next poster: 1) IronFerrox 2) Anyone independently. Last chance to write some fighting!
DAY 04: Subconscious Repression [1955 hrs.] Next poster: The Counselor

EPISODE 04: Simulcast

Episode 04: Simulcast | Prologue "Homecoming" Finished!

Chapter 01: Tensions Rising
  - Drauc, A'vura, Tristan & F'Rell with two security guards Next poster: Vystori
  - Six, Krystal & Keval Next poster: Vystori
  - Science Department Scene Next poster: RosariaRosette
  - USS Resolve Sickbay Next poster: Havenborn
  - Base Commander's Quarters Next poster: Brutus

That is all for now!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1319
My posts are in, in the same post. I hope that's okay. I still divided them so they'd be easy to read and follow. <3 Yay formatting~ x3

~vys
"You wish to knock over cows? What is the significance of this? Do you derive pleasure from such things?" - Ensign Six

Reply #1320
taking a few days personal leave, will be back on the 18th.

Reply #1321
Good evening everyone!

I'm a new join, I've just posted my character sheet and species sheet. I've been roleplaying on chats for about nine-ish years now, and I've been playing tabletops for about four years. I'm still sort of new to forum roleplaying, but I hope we'll all get along famously!

I'm playing Suq, an Efrosian engineer!

Reply #1322
I doubt it will be too different for ya.

Reply #1323
I hope not! Still, I'm always open to criticisms about my writing or roleplaying. Practice makes perfect and all! :P

Reply #1324
Welcome to the group Follow!

To my other players/writers. I will be getting back to writing soon. Exams have been keeping me occupied. Will be posting soon!

Simple Audio Video Embedder