Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 414018 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #1350
hey sorry for my lack of posting in the last few weeks.  I am still experiencing the same issue that has delayed me thus far and i think i owe it to all of you to let you know whats going on with me thats been causing the lack of posting.

for those of you not aware I work as a provider (personal care aide) in home health care.  approximately 2 and a half weeks ago I recieved a phone call from my boss telling me to get out to the house of an elderly man who was having issues.  I got out there and he was indeed having issues and i stayed with him.  shortly after he was no longer with my health care company.  This person suffers from a lot of issues relaed to not being able to provid3e for himself (essentially he is bedridden.  as a result i have been spending much of my time off work assisting him in my spare time until he gets a provider assigned to him.  (this hasnt been going well so this has caused me to keep being there instead at home.

On average I have been getting home after dark and not feling like doing anything aside from vegetating infront of netflix.  I apologize for how my absence may be affecting certain things.  I am trying to get caught up on posts but it may take a while to get everything taken care of.

Reply #1351
: O Real life > RP, Iron. Take care of yourself too!

Reply #1352
I looked at the diagram and what you said, boss, and I had a thought. 

What if the bulk of Deck 16 was the parking garage for fighters, maintenance bays, tool cribs, spare parts, most of the fighter ordnance magazine spaces, workspaces, Miles' office, the briefing rooms, the change rooms, the lounge, etc, and the Deck 15 bay was just where they get launched and retrieved from?  You know, kinda like an aircraft carrier today?

So basically, the Valkyries "live" on Deck 16 and ride an elevator to the flight deck when needed, and just like on a modern carrier, the alert fighters are up on the flight deck and ready to go.  To be honest, I found the original arrangement to be a little cramped, so Theurgy growing bigger is something I see as an opportunity to rectify that.

Reply #1353
Hey everyone I've been a bit busy with work as of late. So I haven't had much time to post lately. Thought I'd just keep everybody updated and give an explanation for my dissapearance. Hopefully I can get something up soon.

-Rosa

Reply #1354
Sorry I didn't mention it here, but I've been away for the most of this week due to midterms, I will be back in full capacity come either sunday or monday.

Reply #1355
I looked at the diagram and what you said, boss, and I had a thought. 

What if the bulk of Deck 16 was the parking garage for fighters, maintenance bays, tool cribs, spare parts, most of the fighter ordnance magazine spaces, workspaces, Miles' office, the briefing rooms, the change rooms, the lounge, etc, and the Deck 15 bay was just where they get launched and retrieved from?  You know, kinda like an aircraft carrier today?

So basically, the Valkyries "live" on Deck 16 and ride an elevator to the flight deck when needed, and just like on a modern carrier, the alert fighters are up on the flight deck and ready to go.  To be honest, I found the original arrangement to be a little cramped, so Theurgy growing bigger is something I see as an opportunity to rectify that.

Yea i had brought that up to lucan I have said suveral times that for the design of the fighter bay to fit in the theurgy as she previously existed as a promethius class the ship would be having to use some kind of time lord esque "Its bigger on the inside technology".

Reply #1356

Greetings writers,

Busy days for many of us, but I am glad people are letting the whole group know about it here in the OOC. Here is a little update to keep everyone on the same page, and in regard to the pod launchers that will be detailed below, I am sure a lot of you have been scratching your heads trying to figure out what all that is about in the Weapons Raid thread.

First, some eye-candy for you all, and these tie into the reply to the Fighter Assault Bay idea mentioned here in this thread.

U.S.S. THEURGY | THEURGY-CLASS STARSHIP IMAGES

While the idea to expand upon the size of the Fighter Assault Bay is a great idea, and the Prometheus-class made the area rather cramped, the problem with the Theurgy-class is that the separation plane between Vector 02 and Vector 03 runs right below Deck 15, which would disallow an elevator construction. However, if you look at the lower image above, you can see that we have a much larger ship now, and the Fighter Assault Bay can be wider than the bay doors. With this in mind, surely we can keep the hangar on one level, right? I might need to update the floor plan of the hangar anyway, but not to the degree I would if I were to add another deck to it and move around the rooms.

I still need help from you guys with the specifications of the Theurgy-class ship! Given the size in the images, and the fact that we are at Deck 15 just above the separation plane, I could use an estimate of the total length, height and width of the whole ship. I could also use an estimate on how many Decks she has now. I realise that you need me to finish the four diagrams for an accurate estimate, but perhaps this should help:

Is that a total of 26(!) Decks, perhaps? How high are the decks of starships usually? What would be the total, and based on these unfinished images:

Dorsal view: Link
Ventral view: Link
Starboard view: Link
Forward view: Link
Aft view: Link

...what would that generate in length? What about mass?

Of course, Omardex would normally be able to help up with this data, but the fact is that he hand-drew too many parts of the ship on his tablet so the dimensions he started out with doesn't apply to the finished model. Hence, we need to use eyes, rulers and mathematics for the task.

NEW PALLETIZED SYSTEM MODULES & TORPEDO POD LAUNCHER ARRAY

These texts below are from CanadianVet, inspired by the Honourverse-series tech. Please review and post comments and feedback here.

Since the Dominion War, Starfleet has been seeking options for engagement in the traditions torpedo gunnery blind spots along a ship's sides, as well as ways to provide a heavy enough long-range punch at a rate that could effectively saturate a target's defences, which would need to be a faster rate of launch than could be accomplished with individual torpedo tubes.  As such, torpedo pods and their associated launchers were developed.

As a result of this requirement, Starfleet Tactical R&D developed reusable pods carrying a number of torpedoes and an on-board power supply, launching mechanism, computer and control system, which are fed their targeting information from the launching ship or as the capability becomes available, from Pod Control Modules (part of Starfleet's Palletized Systems Module, or PSM, program).  However, despite the wish of some within Starfleet Tactical R&D, it was determined that using all-up main-tube torpedoes in the pods would be impractical in terms of mass and volume, they are designed to house and launch 15 of the newer, smaller, Mk XXVII torpedo and the sheer volume of fire in each pod was deemed an acceptable tradeoff for the much smaller individual warheads. 

But what makes pods most attractive is that they do not necessarily have to be activated and fired as soon as they are launched.  A ship could lay a pattern of pods and fire several of them at once (up to its maximum control capacity) into a massive salvo.  And given pods' extremely stealthy nature in their low-powered standby mode and their lack of immediately apparent signature when being deployed, a vessel could even lay several patterns and either launch a number of massive salvos or maintain a steady stream of fire for an extended duration in "ripple fire", reallocating fire control and telemetry links to a fresh pod after one has been fired. 

However, only a pod-laying ship has the on-board facilities to quickly reload and recondition a pod for launch after recovery.  On others, once a pod has been recovered each tube must be individually reloaded and its covers replaced before the computer can be flashed and its battery replaced.

However, pods are unarmoured and unshielded and as such are extremely vulnerable to enemy fire and collateral damage, and when actively engaged, an officer commanding a pod-equipped ship has to decide whether he would rather risk laying a larger pattern with a heavier salvo at the risk of his pods being damaged or destroyed before he can fire them, or launching individual pods and flushing them immediately, sacrificing weight of fire for any given salvo for the knowledge that he will not lose any full pod to enemy fire or proximity damage.

At this point in time, only a handful of ships in Starfleet are considered to be true pod-layers, with the Theurgy being the only one to have been intended from the keel-up with that particular capability.  A few have been refitted to that status, and all of them hae been attached to Admiral Sankolov for the time being. 

However, any starship can make use of them, keeping them internally in their shuttle bays or any external cargo hold with a large enough door to fit them.  Or even having them attached to their outer hull using magnetic grapples, although such would change its hull profile, which in turn would affect the efficiency of its warp field and lower its maximum speed.  Another disadvantage has to do with a pod's inherent fragility and should a hit come through and strike the pod, there is a chance the weapons my explode, with catastrophic implication for the ship to which the pod is in contact with.  Also, ships that have not been designed or refitted as pod-layers lack the telemetry capability to lay and control more than small patterns, the size of which is dependent on the ship's individual capabilities. 

That problem will eventually be alleviated with the issue of of Pod Control Modules, which were designed to give ships that are not designed or refitted to serve as purpose-intended pod launching platforms, yet expected to carry or control pods for a specific mission, the capability to control salvos of meaningful weight.  Each PCM can control up to 18 pods at a time.  However, such modules were unavailable when the intended testbed platform, the USS Theurgy, was commissioned and the alternate testbed, the Archeron, was deployed before they could be sent.  However, there are 4 such pallets forward-deployed to a classified location near the Romulan Neutral Zone.

Sequence of engagement with pods:

1- The Theurgy drops her pods (individual launch or laying patterns) alt. launching directly from hull
2- Targets are acquired and telemetry links are established to pods
3- Torpedoes are launched from pods
4- If applicable, control links are shifted to unused pods
5- Repeat as required
6- Spent and/or unused pods are recovered for reconditioning and re-loading

Specifications (for the Theurgy-class prototype):

Number of pod launcher arrays: 2
Number of launcher per array: 18
Internal capacity:
- Pods: 8 per launcher (total: 144 per array, 288 total)
- Reloads: 2 full loads per launcher (Total: 240 spare Mk XXVII torpedoes per launcher, 4320 per array, 8640 shipwide)
Maximum rate of launch: 4 per minute per launcher
Rate of Recovery: 1.5 per minute per launcher (once a launched pod has reached the launching hatch via tractor beam or auxiliary craft)
Reload time: 2 minutes per pod (full load)
Reconditioning time: Dependent on situation, minimum 3 minutes to change the on-board battery (2-12 hours recharge  cycle time, depending on available power), clearing the computer cache and replacing the tube covers, per pod, per launcher.

Control capabilities
- Internal: Maximum of 36 pods (maximum salvo weight: 540 torpedoes per salvo)
- With Pod Control Modules installed: Up to 18 additional pods per module (maximum salvo weight: 270 torpedoes)

NEW PSM SYSTEM (PALLETIZED SYSTEM MODULES)

Even after the number of recent conflicts, Starfleet's use of combat-centric vessels such as the Defiant and Prometheus classes remains a controversial issue.  And even after the Prometheus-class project proved to be a viable option, purpose-designed warships remain unpopular and Starfleet has been looking for ways to keep ships intended for battle in service without diluting their tactical potential by stripping away capabilities.  And, at the same time, Starfleet Tactical was seeking out ways to improve any vessel's combat potential without the need to build new hulls.

And when both requirements collided, the Palletized System Modules (PSM) program was born.  The concept is rather simple, and quite similar to the plug-and-play capability enabled by USB ports in the early 21st century.  A ship with PSM capability would have, under removable hull panels, universal connectors that would provide power and control linkages to to an standard-sized module which would provide additional capability to its host vessel.  The installation process for any module is rather simple: the external hull panel is removed and then stowed into a cargo bay or other facility, and either with the use of an auxiliary craft or an EVA the module is brought to its location and it is secured in place using maglocks and physical clamps. 

As it stands, only the Theurgy-class prototype has been designed from the keel up for this capability, but several ships including the USS Archeron and a handful of vessels in her task force have been refitted for it.  While building a new class that is intended to receive this capability is fairly easy, the refit process requires Starfleet engineers to readjust a ship's power budget, often involving changing its power plants altogether, in order to ensure every system can run properly.  This is one reason that when she was first designed, critics referred to the Theurgy-class as being over-powered and over-engineered, despite the fact that her hull can accommodate up to twenty-four (OOC NOTE: NUMBER TO BE ADJUSTED TO REFLECT THE NEW SCHEMATICS) additional pallets between her three vectors.

However, the PSM is intended to be a staple of future ship design, and theories surrounding the building of entirely modular starships are being explored at this time.

Types of pallets available at this time:

Sensor (broad-spectrum or specialized)
Communications, Command and Control (for ships that are not inherently flagships but could serve in that role)
Pod Control Modules (Only four have been produced so far and have been forward-deployed to a classified location near the RMZ)
Palletized Point Defence Modules
External Machinery Points
External Gantry Systems (ie: for repair ships)
Additional Shield Emitters
Additional Tractor Beams
Etc.

Basically, Thea can lay pods or fire them directly from the broadside launcher platform, and the larger pallets can have point-defence systems installed. We have yet to settle on the current configuration... Sorry if this was a lot to wrap your heads around!

DYAN "SAR-UNGA" CARDAMONE HAS A NEW PLAYER!

With FollowTomorrow showing great interest in Sar-unga and he will take over Dyan Cardamone as of this day[/color], and play her in full as if she was one of his own. In this inheritance, a butterfly effect has made it so that she has a new actress in the form of Emelia Clarke, and the Asurian species has gotten an overhaul as well (among other things, they don't have any wings any more). FollowTomorrow will be posting the new Asurian species sheet as well as Sar-unga's new character sheet as soon as possible. So far, I have only managed to finish one character image, but more will follow.

CAPTAIN TRISTAN KENDRICK HAS A NEW PLAYER TOO!

Since he is back and writing with us at 100% capacity, Kaligos has asked to take over playing Captain Kendrick in Episode 04. Notes will be sent to him about the current situation, and thank you so much for unburdening me in this way. I hope you will have a blast playing this NPC for the duration of his presence in the Star Trek: Theurgy story, Kaligos!

WE HAVE 300 WATCHERS ON DEVIANTART!

That means that whenever one of your character images are posted in our gallery, 300 people have asked to know about it and see it.

We are almost at 200 followers on Tumblr too!

LASTLY...

Posts will be coming forthwith, and with it, some further progress in the story. Looking forward to it!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Edit 1: Fixed the link to the second wallpaper.
Edit 2: Wrote platform instead of array when I mention the new Torpedo Pod Launcher Array

Reply #1357
I have taken up the project of doing the math in lucan's previous post.  I ill be looking at all images of the ship and comparing them to the KNOWN dimensions of the mark 3 valkyrie to get an initial idea for the ship's dimensions (someone else can figure out mass) I will them be comparing that to a visual comparison of the ship's number of decks (based on the rows of windows) to get a better idea of the scale of the ship.

I will be making the initial dimensional scale each based on the idea of number of Valkyries that can fit in the from the fighter assault bay doors (pic related showing the likely new location of the FAB)

CV i was talking to Lucan and it is very possible that we may be using the repulsors on the fighters to function like elevators and storing the fighters verticially along the walls when not in use or undergoing maintenance.  Pilots will likely use ramped walkways to access their ships while in their stored platforms.

Finally by using the middle bay the pilots can use the flat surface of the vector separation plane as an artificial horizon for easier orientation of their ships for landing and takeoff operations.

Reply #1358
Sounds like a plan for fighter storage.  But might I suggest the use of physical cradles (with restraints) folding out of the bulkheads instead of solely trusting a powered system to keep the fighters in place?  Worse comes to worse, a pilot could fly out of his cradle manually if the repulsors/tractors are down... And a heavy and expensive piece of kit wouldn't come crashing down on the deck either in case of a power loss.

Reply #1359
I was actuially working ona reqork of the fighter bay floor plan based on the new Dimensions of the Theurgy.

The new dimensions for the U.S.S, Theurgy are 1145m L, 200m H and 375m W.

Here is a size comparison to other ships.

As such Two fighters can fit through the Fighter bay hangar door.  In addition This ship has a much larger compliment of Shuttles and workbees than the average ship as well as multiple runabouts (in addition to the manta class scout and the originially 16 valk 3s

Most importantly The sheer scope of the theurgy in terms of size and military potential can also explain the degree to which the Federation (or rather the infiltrators within the Federation) are going to in order to destroy us.  This is a ship roughly double the size of the current Flagship Has MVAM capibilities, was designed for WAR.  Contains a squadron of Fighter craft, and has a prototype scout ship with a sensor package that woudl make most deep space exploration vessels jealous.  and is outfitted with an advanced holographic interactive AI that can think quicker, more strategicialy, more indipendantly, and all in all is more able to advise a captain on strategy and target enemy vessels, more accurately than any other known AI systems and possibly equaling or exceeding Soong type androids in self awareness and indiependant thought, self awareness, and emotional complexity.

In short from the perspective of the average Federation Civilian a ship like this going rogue no matter for what reasons is worrisome.

Given the scale of this ship it makes sense why a hole task force would be sent to take it on.  In all actuality Task force Archeron is possibly the minimum response to a potential threat of the Theurgy's capabilities.

To put something else in perspective.
These are the ships of star trek Nemesis, The Reman Warbird Scimitar, The Romulan Mogai class Warbird Valdore and The Starfleet U.S.S. Enterprise E.  The theurgy and Mogai class are very similar in overall size with the Mogai class having a similar Length to the Theurgy's width and the theurgy having a similar Length to the mogai class's width.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/102537907@N03/10053183094

I would not be at all surprised if both the odessy class dreadnaught, and the Theurgy class Multi vector dreadnaught projects were rushed into production shortly after the first encounter with the new mogai class warbrd and after seeing the reman Scimitar in action. 

Given the chaos on romulus and remus it would not be surprising if the Federation rolled out both classes as a means of countering a romulan threat should they become desperate in this time of chaos.  Not to mention the borg likely see the Federation as no longer just something to assimilate but likly see it as a potential threat given the damage Janeway caused them recently.

Reply #1360
IronFerrox raises many valid points for why Thea would be such a big girl. I know some of you might be thinking along the lines of "over-powered nerd-dream", and that we will loose the element of Thea being the defiant ship surviving against all odds, but I think there is more to this than the evident. I think we are on to something important here plausibility-wise.

Think about it some, and you will see how it does explain why the majority of Starfleet buys into the idea that a task force like the Archeron fleet is necessary to take Thea down. Think also about what the average person in the Federation must be thinking knowing a ship like this has gone rogue. It explains why their voyage has been fraught with danger, being as hunted as they are, because it's the Theurgy of all ships that has gone rogue.

And as for why the Harbinger has pulled off getting away despite its inferior size, it was commanded by a Khan-level Augment. Vasser wasn't just physically strong, he was a ruthless tactical genius. Also, he had 40 Mk II Valkyrie Fighters to begin with, who all died like flies at his orders so that they could pull through.

Furthermore, Thea being this big explains how she can accommodate the surviving Harbinger crew so easily. It explains the Flag Bridge, since the Theurgy might have had become Starfleets new flagship once Thea had her trial run under Ives' command. She is still just a prototype after all. Moreover, we have VIP quarters, Residential Apartments, an Arboretum, a Yacht...  To fit all of that into a Prometheus-size ship makes no sense either, right? Look at the floor plan of Sickbay. the medical facilities are gargantuan in size for such a small ship too.

IronFerrox, I will double-check the measurements of the Valkyrie fighter one last time. I have sent a message to Pinarci asking him for help, because he did this render early on in the process, which would help us get a very exact measurement of the Valkyrie since there is a person present in the render. I have asked him to put the person at 180 cm height, and then asked for the true measurements of the fighter. I have a feeling that there might be a slight variation from the dimensions we used, so stay tuned.

Regardless of the true measurements of the fighter, I think the size should stand. The question is how much space there will be in the Fighter Assault Bay and how many can launch side-by-side.  If the difference is too much, I might consider scaling down the Theurgy from the size comparison above.

Lastly, I would love some reactions to this development. What do you guys think? Should Thea be such a big girl?

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Ps. I will be posting next in the Weapons Raid thread, and I have more character images of Cardamone to make too. Ds.

Reply #1361
Growth of the Starships does make sense in a way.  Considering the Odyssey class would be the latest ship of the line before Theurgy and it's size is so much more than a Sovereign or Galaxy class, it would seem that Starfleet does want larger ships, which hold greater crew compliments and technology, but what holds them back is both the technology to propel such ships at standard speeds and probably structural integrity that needs to be addressed.  In Enterprise, the future Enterprise-J was speculated to be two miles long, which is a clear indication of where Starfleet would go by the 26th century.

Reply #1362
Based on the fact that ships can theoreticially launch from the upper floor of the bay or the bottom floor themaximum that could leave the doors at the exact same time would be 4.    Technicialy if all the pilots coordinated the launches perfectly (back when it was a 16 ship squad) and lined up the ships in 2 ship at a time rows then you could launch the first 4 ship wave 2 top 2 bottom,  then another 4 ship wave (same arrangement) followed by a three ship wave then 2, 2 ship waves and finially the final ship launching.  if coordinated correctly all ships could leave one directly behind the other emptying the hangar bay in a matter of less than 10 seconds.

Now that there are 12 ships in the squadron  the launch could be done in 2 groups of 4 1 group of 3 and a final ship launched behind the group of three (these are based on my current fighter bay arrangement.

This can hold true as long as the valks have no greater than a 20 meter wingspan.

Reply #1363
IronFerrox, you need to send a PM showing that idea of a new Fighter Assault Bay so that I can have a look at it. I am not even sure we will redesign it at all since the whole elevator thing seems redundant if the place will get more space anyway.

Thanks for your input Kuro! :) Quite true.

Best Regards.

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1364
Here is what I got from Pinarci in regards to the measurements:

mehmetpinarci left you a message in your inbox:

Hello Auctorlucan here is Fighter's dimensions:

Length - 20.55 meters
Height - 3.47 meters
From wing tips width 13.93 meters.

I did a 3d print of the Valkyrie model, and I tried to measure it with a ruler, but I think that I rely more on Pinarci's measurements since he used a pilot model to measure with. I will update the Valkyrie specifications accordingly now.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1365
well I think that works for me too as long as the old hangar bay can fit within the part of the ship where it is.

Reply #1366
Now I understand:  The Prometheus class is a new destroyer while the Theurgy is a new carrier. like the Zumwalt and Ford classes of the US Navy.

Incidentally, I'm fighting a terrible cold.  Expect my replies to focus on threads with multiple players and for my responses to be short.

Reply #1367
Hey, sorry my replies have been a bit late. I've been super busy recently. I should have replies up today.

Reply #1368
Hi there everyone! :)

Now I understand:  The Prometheus class is a new destroyer while the Theurgy is a new carrier. like the Zumwalt and Ford classes of the US Navy.

Not sure I follow but the idea is that Thea has been a Theurgy-class ship all along thanks to the Butterfly Effect, a Multivector Dreadnought. With this effect, Thea was never a Prometheus-class ship, and the only aspect that the Prometheus might have come up would be the fact that the Prometheus-class was the first starship out of the shipyards that had the Multivector Assault Mode feature, something that the Theurgy-class has adopted as well. Just a clarification in case it was needed.

Well I think that works for me too as long as the old hangar bay can fit within the part of the ship where it is.

Oh, it can fit even better than it did before, that's for certain. No worries there, and I have a lot of graphics projects on my list, but I will look at the Fighter Assault Bay again when I can. I will weigh in the possibility of having the fighter able to be hoisted up on the walls along the sides of the hangar, but I make no guarantees there. With the added space, they ought to be able to remain on the floor of the hangar too, so we'll see. Again, please PM me the layout you wanted to show me otherwise I can't take it into consideration. :)

A NEW VOTE HA BEEN POSTED!

Here is the link:

http://houseeros.com/roleplay-role-playing-forum/index.php?topic=57144.0

It pertains to the story's outcome at the Black Opal, and what the hell we'll do now that a Romulan warbird has come along. I had already settled on one of the alternatives (I won't tell you which one) but after corresponding with CanadianVet, I realised that I could put the outcome to your vote and see if you guys favoured any specific outcome.

Looking forward to the result!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1369
U.S.S. THEURGY SCHEMATICS ARE FINISHED!

These have taken me a long time to finish, but hopefully, you will all find them worthwhile. Here are the schematics for Thea, and these ought to help everyone know they way around her new hull.

Theurgy-class Starship Schematics | Dorsal View

Theurgy-class Starship Schematics | Ventral View

Theurgy-class Starship Schematics | Starboard View

Theurgy-class Starship Schematics | Forward View

Theurgy-class Starship Schematics | Aft View

Now, when you have had the time to feast on all of that, here is another update that I will be making, as pointed out by IronFerrox that it needed to be done:

This will not force me to update the whole deck plan for the hangar, only requiring me to update the reduced scale to show its length and disposition. Given how har dpressed for time as I am, I hope you guys can settle for this minor revision instead of making an overhaul of the whole thing. I simply have to prioritise writing since I don't want to run behind on that more than I am.

FEEDBACK REQUEST ON THE ABOVE

I would love if you guys could find the time to try and troubleshoot the schematics and let me know if there are any errors there. Next step in the Theurgy Project is to make all the scpecs for the Theurgy-class ship, but thanks to IronFerrox, we have Thea's new measurement at least. :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1370
Love the revision to the fighter bay and the Ship's updated information!

Reply #1371
REQUEST FOR HELP WITH THE THEURGY SPECIFICATIONS

Yeah, if someone could help me with a crude first draft for Thea's technical specifications, it would make my life a lot easier.

Like IronFerrox mentioned, the Odyssey and the Theurgy-classes were rushed into production because of the Romulan Civil War and the fact that there are war-mongering parasite-heads in Starfleet Command. So, my idea is that we could look at the specifications for the Odyssey when nailing down the Theurgy's. The difference between the specs in these two links are that the Odyssey-class was finished much earlier, and our story takes place before the implementation of the Quantum Slipstream drive. Furthermore, the hull and weaponry versions in the links might not apply to our year of 2381, so there is some amendment that needs to be done. So, here are two links to Odyssey-class specifcations:

1) http://www.ufstarfleet.org/wiki/index.php?title=Odyssey_Class_Starship

2) http://www.starbase400.org/avalon/starship-odyssey.htm

The link to Thea's old specifications can be found here, and some of this stuff can be retained in the new specifications, like production year etc:

http://houseeros.com/roleplay-role-playing-forum/index.php?topic=5460.0

Also, when we decide on mass and number of decks etc, we could consult the size comparison chart I made and that IronFerrox posted before:

Once we have the technical specifications down, I have a second request:

UPDATE OF THEA'S DECK LAYOUT

Needless to say, if we go from 16 Decks to 32(ish), we need to redistribute all the locations on the ship across the decks. We are pretty heavy on locations on each deck as it is, so I think this can be done without us having to come up with a lot more locations than we already have. Here is the old deck layout:

http://houseeros.com/roleplay-role-playing-forum/index.php?topic=5459.0

Now, if someone feels like helping me out, there is no need to retain the complex formatting of the post to have all the locations divided between the three parts of Thea. If someone would rather just make it in a word document, I could work out the forum formatting to make it work. There are some locations on the ship that can't change floors, like the Fighter Assault Bay on Deck 15, and the Main Bridge on Deck 01, but Deck 07 is loaded with locations that could just as well be on another deck.

Please, if someone could find the time to help me with a draft for these two projects, I'll make him/her new character images or whatever to compensate for the trouble. I just feel like my time is not sufficient to wrap my head around the start-up of these two projects, so if you have some time to spare, let me know over PM or here in the OOC.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1372

Hello everyone! Aside from the requests for help above, here is an update on the Star Trek: Theurgy story progression.

NEW PERSONAL LOG THREAD POSTED FOR DAY 06

I have finally found the time to set things up for us to write our characters' personal logs before the mission to Starbase 84. There was no rush, I imagined, since the Black Opal ordeal is not quite over yet, but with the vote posted and the majority favouring option 5 so far, I reckon we'll know enough to figure out where we are on Day 06. On Day 04, the Black Opal crew comes aboard the Theurgy, and on Day 05, the Twin-Mount hard-points are installed on the Valkyries. Drills and preparations will continue into Day 06, and here is what I posted as a starter for Day 06:

Link: DAY 06: Inner Space
http://houseeros.com/roleplay-role-playing-forum/index.php?topic=57187.0

I reckon I will have to write a starter for Day 05 as well, preferably in the Fighter Assault Bay, where we establish that the Twin-Mounts are installed on the Valkyries. Otherwise, all days of the Interregnum week are available for any kinds of threads you guys want to write with me or someone else in the Group.

THE RAID ON THE BLACK OPAL FACILITY

Currently, the Lone Wolves are to unload their hard-points into the Romulan Warbird. After Drana, DocReno, Doc M., Kaligos and IronFerrox have posted, the Theurgy will launch a full spread of quantum torpedoes from Thea's eight forward launchers - covering their escape and dealing another savage blow against the warbird. Note, IronFerrox, how Aisha S'Iti will have to turn Thea towards the warbird in the same post that you write Miles Renard, and you could also have Ravenholm fire off the Black Opal's phasers against the warbird.

Zenozine & Nolan, your characters have to deal with Romulan ground forces down on the Black Opal. Feel free to do whatever heroics you guys want, and let me know if you need me to play Romulans for you. It will be a brief fight, however, so try to cover as much ground as possible in your posts.

CanadianVet, after the Lone Wolves have done their thing, you can establish how Thea discharges the quantum torpedoes into the Warbird's shields, dealing even more damage. You wished to have Trent deploy more pods with Covington's help, so feel free to have them both deploy and fire off another pod-salvo. Leave it open-ended, and I will post the outcome (pending the result of the vote).

NEW CHALLENGER NEEDED IN THE SPARRING TOURNAMENT

ThanIda zh'Wann is still available for a spar with the first one who posts in the sparring tournament. Surely someone is willing to go around against Ida? DocReno, I believe you have at least one more post to write with Husker here too in the other sparring ring.

Link: DAY 02: Finding Strength [1800 hrs.]
http://houseeros.com/roleplay-role-playing-forum/index.php?topic=54607.0

ACCIPITER DEMONSTRATION THREAD

Another reminder: With the recovery of the Accipiter rifle, a new thread has been posted by Absinthe for all Senior Staff members on the Theurgy as well as any Lone Wolves available to attend. Here, the people gathered will be given a taste of what the Accipiter can do. Read up and post away:

Link: DAY 03: The Accipiter [1400 hrs.]
http://houseeros.com/roleplay-role-playing-forum/index.php?topic=55849.0

CURRENT BUTTERFLY EFFECT LISTING

In order to document the changes of the butterfly effect, set for Day 04 in the Interregnum, here is the current list and the link:
  • Evelyn Rawley's Callsign: Rawley's callsign is now - and always has been - "Ghost" instead of "Ranger".

• Cameron Henshaw's Hair: Instead of the short pixie haircut that Cameron had before, she has at some point in the past decided to let her hair grow out.

• Natalie Stark's Affair with Rory Callahan: Natalie never had sex with Rory Callahan. While there was a mutual interest, nothing came out of it.

• Rory Callahan Died in the Mutiny: He died saving Natalie Stark and Simon Tovarek. As of Day 04, everyone will remember that there were only holograms in Below Decks until Edena Rez became the new Lounge Proprietor. There was a malfunction in the present holoemitters that forced Rez to step in and serve people after the memorial service.

• Sar-unga and the Asurians: Since FollowTomorrow took over playing Dyan "Sar-unga" Cardamone, some changes have been made to character appearence, personality and species abilities. Among other things, Asurians doesn't have any wings any more.
Link: http://houseeros.com/roleplay-role-playing-forum/index.php?topic=55173.msg1522201#msg1522201

If anyone out there have requests about changing their characters or their past, PM me about it and I will approve it, announce it and add it to this listing. Remember that the day set for the changes to occur is Day 04 and onwards.

STORY OVERVIEW & PROGRESSION

As usual, here is the list of active threads organised chronologically and by board, and all of these are links to click. I have also added posting reminders about who is next to post in all of them. Note that I have not listed the finished threads!

INTERREGNUM EP 03-04

DAY 01: Time Judges All [0500 hrs.] Next poster: Next poster: 1) CanadianVet 2) Kaligos 3) IronFerrox (This is long overdue, this one. Can it be wrapped? Please decide or post)
DAY 01: New Life [1000 hrs.] Next poster: Zenozine
DAY 01: SAR Away-Mission [1150 hrs.] Next poster: Brutus
DAY 01: An Empty Pack [2030 hrs.] Next poster: DocReno
DAY 01: Off-Duty Treatment [2030 hrs.] Next poster: Zenozine

DAY 02: Houseguest [0130 hrs.] Next poster: CanadianVet
DAY 02: A Friendly Chat [1300 hrs.] Next poster: The Counselor
DAY 02: Finding Strength [1800 hrs.] Next poster: DocReno
DAY 02: Healing | Part 3 [1830 hrs.] Next poster: Zenozine

DAY 03: Unfinished Business [0610 hrs.] Next poster: Kaligos
DAY 03: The Accipiter [1400 hrs.] Next poster: Anyone present, asking for the demonstration to begin
DAY 03: New Hire [1500 hrs.] Next poster: Doc M.
DAY 03: Well-Earned Recognition [1500 hrs.] Next poster: Doc M.
DAY 03: Midnight Oil [2345 hrs.] Next poster: Canadianvet

DAY 04: Weapon Storage Raid [0750 hrs.] Next poster: Lone Wolves, Zenozine & Nolan, CanadianVet when the Lone Wolves retreats
DAY 04: Subconscious Repression [1955 hrs.] Next poster: The Counselor

DAY 06: Inner Space Next poster: Everyone!

EPISODE 04: Simulcast

Chapter 01: Tensions Rising
  - Drauc, A'vura, Tristan & F'Rell in the Brig Next poster: RedBaron
  - Krystal & Keval outside the Brig Next poster: DocReno
  - Science Department Scene Next poster: Kaligos, Hi'Jak heading to Six
  - Forensics Lab Next poster: Vystori
  - USS Resolve corridors Next poster: Havenborn
  - Base Commander's Quarters Next poster: Brutus

That is all for now!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1373
Oh I do have some places to post..

So i'm experiancing some complications after the last surgery and meeting with doctors to schedual going back under the knife (minor surgery my ass) So i'm slightly delayed in my posting should have something up next week at some point.

Reply #1374
A project I have been working on since late last night.

Here's a good start for a U.S.S. Theurgy Master Systems Display.

First version shows the decks as an overlay against the image of the ship.
Second version made to fit the color scheme of an MSD

Edited the second after making the first image taking away one meter from deck 2 after noticing Deck 2 was 1 meter too big compared to the other decks.

I think i counted 32 decks
In these images 1 Pixel scales to exactly 1 meter

First shot to just show the decks on the ship image

Version 2 MSD style

Simple Audio Video Embedder