Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 414009 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #1325
Hey guys,  I would like to apologize for my long absence. I have had a very difficult new year. I have been taking care of my mom after her surgery (she had a total knee replacement a little less than 2 weeks ago). To make matters worse my depression started acting up after I ran out of medicine. I am finally back on it, but getting back up to 100% will take time.

Reply #1326
Take your time, there is no rush.  Take care of your mother, and take care of yourself first and foremost.

Reply #1327
Yeah, take care of yourself Absinthe. Hope things are looking up for you from now on.

On my end, I have had a busy week and weekend, and the time I have had available I have been administrating new applicants and the Theurgy-class project. I owe a couple of posts, but I am confident I can sort those out tomorrow, Monday.

Also, someone caught my eye, and I would love if you guys could sort something out in my head with this poll I posted:

Link: Change of Actress for Captain Jien Ives?

The final renders for the new Theurgy-class ship is pending, but here are a few low-resolution images in the progress updates:

Link: Theurgy-class Project Updates from Omardex

Once the renders are finished, I will likely be answering most questions you might have by making a schematic like the one of the Voyager found here:

Link: Starship Schematics Example | Voyager

That's all for tonight. Looking forward to the posts ahead and to being able to write tomorrow! :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1328
Those renders are so professional looking! I'm excited to see the finished renders!

Reply #1329
I like the curvature of 00072/00073.  The design has a sleekness to it that I would expect from future generation ships, making the whole thing flow more than models where nacelles are just jutting out on struts.  The curvature gives it more of a structurally sound feeling.  I also like the sharper looking forward section of the ship as opposed to the 00064 render, which felt too wide, and made me think too much of the Voyager design.  With Theurgy being more of a combat oriented ship, it makes sense for it to trim a lot of fat and look more maneuverable, which would mean less bulk and more aerodynamic looks.

Reply #1330
Brenda Song isn't quite so new.  She was one of the main characters on Suite Life of Zack and Cody and then Suite Life on Deck with Zack and Cody, a Disney Channel tween-young teen show.  She also did a movie for Disney called Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior.  She is very lovely but I'm not sure she has enough of the edge that female Ives has.  Ming Na suits the captain quite well in my opinion because she has maturity, beauty, and can totally kick ass.  Just my two cents.  :)

Reply #1331
I've had a super rough week, but their's good news. I finished the treatment I was given for my medical issues. After I sleep out the last of the treatment and get through to the other side, and then work on catching up with school work (cause I kinda lost a week there as well) I should be back in action and working to catch up on my threads in Theaurgy.

forgive my absense, but I should be back.

Reply #1332
Close call to swap Ming for Brenda. Though Brenda eyes younger and to my tastes a little more attractive than Ming, I do believe that Ming holds the stature and the looks of a captain more. So I think I'll vote for Ming.

Otherwise, everything else is looking fiiiine!

Absinthe, take good care of yourself! And hope to hear from you soon Kaligos ^^

Reply #1333
Hi again everyone!

I like the curvature of 00072/00073.  The design has a sleekness to it that I would expect from future generation ships, making the whole thing flow more than models where nacelles are just jutting out on struts.  The curvature gives it more of a structurally sound feeling.  I also like the sharper looking forward section of the ship as opposed to the 00064 render, which felt too wide, and made me think too much of the Voyager design.  With Theurgy being more of a combat oriented ship, it makes sense for it to trim a lot of fat and look more maneuverable, which would mean less bulk and more aerodynamic looks.

00072/00073 is actually Vector 03, the tertiary hull of the three parts. The Theugy-class goes MVAM, just like the Prometheus-class, and the sleek design was indeed a great improvement from what the bottom section of the Prometheus-class' looked like. The 00064 render is the whole ship in SOM mode, and I think you will like it when shown from another angle, since that one does make the forward section of it quite big. You should see the concept image earlier in this thread for sake of reference in order to figure out which part of the ship is which. Glad you still pop in here! :)

Brenda Song isn't quite so new.  She was one of the main characters on Suite Life of Zack and Cody and then Suite Life on Deck with Zack and Cody, a Disney Channel tween-young teen show.  She also did a movie for Disney called Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior.  She is very lovely but I'm not sure she has enough of the edge that female Ives has.  Ming Na suits the captain quite well in my opinion because she has maturity, beauty, and can totally kick ass.  Just my two cents.  :)

Close call to swap Ming for Brenda. Though Brenda eyes younger and to my tastes a little more attractive than Ming, I do believe that Ming holds the stature and the looks of a captain more. So I think I'll vote for Ming.

Thanks for popping in you too Searcher! And thanks for letting me know what Brenda Song has been up to until she showed up in Dads. If the votes turn out to be in her favour, I know where to look for in terms of mtrl for the trailer. :)

As for her being a figure of authority in the same way Ming-Na Wen is, I understand what you two mean, and in that regard, I would agree. However, the same could definitely be said fro Tila Tequila, wouldn't it? What I was getting at is that regardless of the actress/model/face-claim, our characters in this story are still our own. I have not played Jien Ives any differently since the beginning, regardless what woman happened to be portrayed in her character images.

What I am trying to say is that I try to pick face-claims that *look* the way I envisioned my characters. Take ThanIda zh'Wann, for example, who's face is from a clothing model that I happened to fancy, but who likely cannot act if her life depended on it. I like to believe that we bring life to our characters, us writers, and not the people we chose in our character pictures. That is just a personal reflection/preference, really, and I do not begrudge people who pick face-claims because of the actors/actresses. I am just telling you guys why I would suggest Brenda Song as an alternative to Ming-Na Wen - an actress that indeed have all those qualities you guys listed. If this was a TV-show, it would be a no-brainer to pick the latter.

Yeah, the vote is a tie at this point, which makes it pretty difficult for me still. I had hoped for a majority on either alternative to put this idea to rest or bring it to life, but unless anyone is prepared to change their votes based on what I have written above, I guess I will have to give it some more thought, lol!

I see that you have already begun to post again, Kaligos, so welcome back! :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1334
The Big Cheese recommended that I introduce myself, and even though I am utterly terrible at introductions, let's give it a shot.

Name's Drana, nice to meet you all. I'll be playing Melissa, a new engineering type lady who fixes up all the guns and such. Lucan and I already working out a fun way to get her rocking and rolling in this crazy thing, so hopefully I'll be able to start annoying the entire lot of you very soon! :P

So, uh, yeah, hello and stuff, hi, hey,

Reply #1335
Welcome Drana, I can't wait to read your work!

It's okay I don't know how to do things either.

Reply #1336
Hiya Drana! Welcome aboard! I'm also in engineering  :D

Reply #1337
Welcome aboard to everyone that joined our merry crew (or will soon join our merry crew). I think I missed a couple of welcomes, but hey, here it is. Looking forward to play with all of you and have fun!

Reply #1338

With this first image, the Theurgy-class is officially unveiled, and with it, the first of many images to come were this ship will be featured. Not only will new images be shown here while the post-production work of all the renders are completed, but all old images in our DeviantArt gallery that features the Prometheus-class will be updated to feature this ship instead. We will, in short, retcon the story up to this point in regard to the Theurgy's appearance and class.

Omardex made this model in Cinema 4D and rendered it in Thea Render, which is quite ironic given that the A.I. of the ship is named Thea, eh?

Next in line will be the schematics from all angles, showing the ship and its features.

I need help from you people to update the specifications for the Theurgy! Thanks in advance for that.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1340
So yeah, that design is pretty much now the sexiest thing in this RP.

Reply #1341
I'm certain Thea would be really flattered hearing you say that. :)

Theurgy-class Starship Schematics | Dorsal View

The dorsal view is finished! Everyone, please troubleshoot this if you want, here or over PM, but have in mind that more will be discerned in the ventral view.

The "broadside pod launcher platforms" on the black hull sections is the incorporation of the pallet system that was mentioned earlier here in the OOC, and the "trinary passive/active defence pod platforms" too. Suggestion for name changes is welcome, but the latter platform have larger pods, fitting three pods of the former kind behind the hatches. The "broadside" platform pods are used for starboard and port launches of torpedoes (and other hard-points), nicely complementing the forward and aft torpedo launchers on past Federation starships. It is also the reason for the open sections on the saucer section - allowing for the broadside pod platforms to be used even when the ship isn't in separated in MVAM.

The rest should be pretty straight forward and clear. Note the compact pulse phaser arrays, which is a development in how this kind are so efficient they do not need to span half the hull of the ship (like the commonly do on starship designs).

Besides the four forward torpedo launchers on the saucer, there are four more launchers close to the deflector dish too, so Thea is quite lethal from that end too, not just when she gives the enemy a broadside volley.

Furthermore, Thea is much larger than the Prometheus-class ship she used to be. She used to have 16 decks, but as you all can see, the fighter assault bay is seen from the dorsal view, giving her a lot more decks below Deck 15 (where the Lone Wolves hangar is located). So, we need to update her specifications, as well as her deck layout. Again, I could use some help with all of this.

Hope you all like Thea's face-lift!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1342
I'm going to have to agree with Drana. That's one good lookin' ship!

Reply #1343
I was against changing the Theurgy from a Prometheus class but I've got to admit, the new Theurgy is a fine looking ship!

Reply #1344
I am so happy to hear you guys like how this long project turned out! Here is another two images completed a couple of days ago:

That one turned out pretty good, if I might say so myself. More images of Thea's new "me" are underway, schematics included.

[Click For Full Size]

Given the number of currrent and actively played characters, I have been forced to move one department in the poster to the left corner, and I reckon I will have to start over with the image now that we have run out of space, but it's not my top priority. I have no idea how a new poster might look a this point in time.

What is my top priority is writing a couple of posts that I owe. I am almost finished with another Weapons Raid post with Ives and Dewitt (80 % done but its almost 2 am here tonight, time and sleep-deprivation catching up to me), but there are more of them in line. I also have a back log of PMs which I have to reply to, and I hope work will allow me to got to those too tomorrow. It has been a busy couple of weeks, but I am not alone in that, so I look forward to all of the posts to come.

Lastly, I am in conversation with Eros about something potentially awesome for us as a Group, but it's too early to tell if it can be made a reality. I don't want to create expectations, but hopefully, it will be awesome. *enigmatic smile*

Hope you all have a great day over there!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1345
I love the one where the Theurgy is zooming through space the most.
What is this secretive plan you tempt us with? My curiosity is through the roof! : O

Reply #1346
Ha, plot twist! Loved it ^^ Also curious to what you have in mind with Eros Lucan. The plot thickens... I would say ^^

Reply #1347
Also, expect slower replies from my end due to inflamed muscles in my back and upper torso. Painkillers are making me a bit woozy and thus not so  great to write. Hope to get back at it somewhere next week.

Reply #1348
I'm no stranger to chronic pain, so take your time and rest up.  We ain't going anywhere.

Reply #1349
Yeah, take care of yourself Nolan and if you can post, it would be awesome, but not at the expense of your health! Take it easy. RosariaRosette sent me a notice of a short absence too, and she meant to post here as well, but it seems I beat her to it.

Incidentally, we are waiting for Cameron Henshaw to alert the Lone Wolves in the air about the incoming threat, so with Nolan getting better, I will write a post with Rawley where she acts on the intel that Henshaw ought to be sending over - thus freeing up the Lone Wolves writers to post. This including the character mentioned below. Amelya Duv was supposed to take Ryuan Sel off Maverick's hands too. I might be able to set that up with the characters I am writing on the base somehow - freeing up Maverick for Miles Renard's orders, whatever they might be.

So, to bridge the momentary absence of Nolan and RosariaRosette, I will be posting again much sooner than I thought, but we still need word from you, DocReno! ;)

NEW CHARACTER BY DRANA!

I figured I would take the opportunity to inform you that we have a new character by the name Kanti MacTavish, whom with the loss of so many Lone Wolves was recruited from the CONN department to fill the seat of a Valkyrie. Read the biography for further explanation. She is played by Drana, Kalastria Asshole.

Ens. Kanti MacTavish         Wolf-04 [Gun-Shy]

- Played by Drana, Kalastria Asshole

Well it's almost half past 1 am here, so I will be replying to a backlog of PMs before calling it a night, but my next post will be with Rawley.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Simple Audio Video Embedder