Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 413982 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #1175
Not at all, in fact Six's comparison allowed a perfect entrance for Jack. As he could make a few more educated guesses about F'Rell than most people.

Reply #1176
And now, Krystal will turn into a hamster of war. :P

Love the updated Lone Wolves picture, Auctor. It looks great! :D

All eyes go to Papa Bear and Eun though, simply because they just stand out. :P

Nice replies, Vystori and Kaligos. :) Mine's coming in a bit.

Reply #1177
Thanks Triage. I actually felt a bit bad about my post because it was so short. I'm not usually so small in the posting area. xD

~Vys
"You wish to knock over cows? What is the significance of this? Do you derive pleasure from such things?" - Ensign Six

Reply #1178
Nah, not all posts need to be walls of text. I once wrote a 1,000-word long post, but it felt forced, and I cut it down to a 300-word post, which felt better to me. Sometimes, long-winded isn't good. Sometimes. But if you feel it should have more, then you know, that's what the "modify" button is for :D

I don't think there's any replies I need to make for Cameron Henshaw at the moment, right? >.>

Also, Auctor, feel free to post with Ian Hawthorne first, then I'll fire up a reply with Tristan. :)

Triage

Reply #1179
No replies for Cameron atm, per say, but I am still waiting for everyone to post in reply to the Memorial Service, where characters may spay respect to the dead before Ives holds his short speech and the caskets are beamed out into space.

DAY 02: In Remembrance [1200 hrs.] Attn: All

As for Ian Hawthorne, I am waiting for Brutus to post with Komial in a post he has already begun writing, where she will come by and then leave for the Brig, meeting with Drauc.

Next in line for me writing-wise is Zaraq + a last post with Jien Ives before I lock the Epilogue thread and close EP03 definitively and entirely. CanadianVet, will you be wrapping the scene with Covington or should we consider the Hangar scene closed?

In Below Decks, Doc M. is next with Tessa May Lance, then I can post with Rawley's follow-up question.

I am waiting for Zenozine to post with Wenn Cinn and Hylota respectively in separate threads, and Wenn Cinn's presence is also requested in "Back From the Dead"

What I can write is a post with Ida in the SAR Away Mission thread, and I will tonight. :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1180
STAR TREK: THEURGY POSTER UPDATED

Here is the latest version with all our new faces! Hope you all like it.

[Click image for full size]

In case you are wondering, I had to leave Rihen Neyah out of it as well as our NPCs: Zaraq, Dyan Cardamone, Maal & Cir'Cie.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1181
Hey guys,

I know it's my turn to post, and I just wanted to let you all know I haven't forgotten. I've been sick the last few days so I'm working on getting better. Soon as I'm able I'll get you all out a post though. ^___^

~Vys
"You wish to knock over cows? What is the significance of this? Do you derive pleasure from such things?" - Ensign Six

Reply #1182
STORY OVERVIEW & PROGRESSION

Hi there everyone! I figured it was time again for an update for you all! Oh, while it's not a big thing in Sweden, Happy Halloween!

Here is the list of active threads organised chronologically and by board, and all of these are links to click. I have also added posting reminders about who is next to post in all of them:

EPISODE 03: Unconquerable Soul | Part 2

EPILOGUE: Precepts By Which We Survive

I will post one last time with Zaraq and Jien Ives in the Epilogue, then I am locking this thread. I can also start working on the PDF book.

INTERREGNUM EP 03-04

DAY 01: Time Judges All [0500 hrs.] Next poster: Next visitor in Renard's office (anyone)
DAY 01: Rejuvenation [0900 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: The Path Ahead [0915 hrs.] Next poster: Zenozine
DAY 01: New Life [1000 hrs.] Next poster: The Counselor
DAY 01: Lost in the Mind [1015 hrs.] Next poster: Sirus
DAY 01: Misgivings [1100 hrs.] Next poster: Zenozine
DAY 01: Encouragement [1115 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: Stranger Tides [1130 hrs.] Next poster: DocReno
DAY 01: SAR Away-Mission [1150 hrs.] Next poster: 1) Brutus 2) 2) Doc M. 3) IronFerrox
DAY 01: Healing | Part 1 [1220 hrs.] Next poster: Anyone
DAY 01: A Fresh Start | Part 1 [1230 hrs.] Next poster: Nolan
DAY 01: A Fresh Start | Part 2 [1240 hrs.] Next poster: IronFerrox
DAY 01: Meeting of the Minds [1300 hrs.] Next poster: Nolan
DAY 01: The First of Many Propositions [1400 hrs.] Next poster: Triage
DAY 01: An Empty Pack [2030 hrs.] Next poster: DocReno
DAY 01: A Quiet Chat [2100 hrs.] Next poster: Triage

DAY 02: Back From the Dead [0800 hrs.] Next poster: Doc M.
DAY 02: In Remembrance [1200 hrs.] Next poster: Everyone except Canadianvet, Nolan & Doc M.
DAY 02: Digital Relations [1500 hrs.] Next poster: Doc M.
DAY 02: Poker Night [2000 hrs.] Next poster: CanadianVet

EPISODE 04: Simulcast

Episode 04: Simulcast | Prologue "Homecoming"
- Base Commander's Office Next poster: Triage
- Promenade & Recreational Dome Next poster: Vystori
- Brig Next poster: Brutus

There! Please PM me or post here is there are any questions. :)

CURRENT GROUP ACTIVITY STATUS

FYI, Brutus is busy at work but will hopefully be able to post in the SB84 Brig and the SAR Away-Mission this weekend. DocReno's desktop computer has died and he is writing from a tablet last I heard. Vystori has been ill but is on the recovery. Other writers are likely busy with ordinary IRL routines, and we have Halloween coming up right? I admit to not being well versed in that tradition so I don't know the dates.

UPCOMING STORY ELEMENTS AND PROJECTS

I will again inform you all about things I have in the pipeline. I will refrain from putting them in order of estimated completion, but rather give you the gross list of things that I have planned for:

- Memorial Service at noon on Day 02
- Update our poster
- Update Lone Wolves Squadron image
- Updated the floor plans with better headers
- Made an additional NSFW image that can be found in our DeviantArt Gallery
- Made a description of Thea's systems
- Updated the Tactical Conn Exosuit image with specs and a header added Image: [Show/Hide]
- Added specifications of for the kind of Escape Pod that the USS Harbinger had, posted in the SAR Away-Mission thread
- Write a kind of bare-bone manuscript for the Prologue of Episode 04: Simulcast. Just some general idea without being too specific and lock you guys to write specific things. This will hopefully be sent today.
- Arranging for planned character meetings, commendations and disciplinary actions on Day 03 in the Interregnum
- Making two new front pages for the PDF books (INT 03-04 & EP04)
- Finish the PDF books for both parts of EP03
- Update 1) the Deck Layout image and 2) refine the information on the USS Theurgy, which is not a regular Prometheus-class starship but rather a Mk II Tactical Carrier, acting as a testbed for prototype tech like the Valyries, Thea and the Allegiant. Updating all this might force me to have old things retconned, but I want to avoid that as much as possible. (I need help with this project!)

If there is anything more that you are hankering for me to add to this list, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1183
Notes on my Homecoming post:
If anyone wants to run a Medical NPC of some form, feel free to chime in and swing on by the brig. Totally optional though, as the scene can be resolved without a medic present. Figured I'd put an offer out there though.

As for calling the medical wing Sector General - stole the idea from the more recent run of Deep Space Nine novels, all set after Nemisis. I'll spare y'all spoilers, but the idea that a starbase 'sickbay' was far more like a hospital in its own right really stuck with me, and I figured it'd be best to steal that idea and incorporate it here as well.

Time to go play with SAR.

Reply #1184
Last time I remembered Halloween should be around 31 October. Or at least it is here. Not sure if it's on the same day in the rest of the world. Anyway schedule is swamping me to hell, but I got some replies out!

Reply #1185
I am sorry...just going to step back for a bit, my granfather just passed and I am feeling an emptiness right now. Just give me a few days to collect myself.

Reply #1186
Keeping you in prayer, Vystori, get well soon.

Just recovered from serious air poisoning myself, so I know how not fun being sick is.

Nolan, nice replies. :)

Zenozine, my deepest condolences to you and your family. Take your time. :(

Hope everyone else is doing well. See you all in the game.

Triage

Reply #1187
Sorry to hear about your loss, Zenozine. My deepest condolences. We will be here when you feel ready and/or want distraction. Take care of yourself.

Regarding the rampant illnesses in the group, I have been feeling under the weather myself too, but nothing too serious. I suppose it's that time of the year. Looking forward to your reply with Six, Vystori, and I love the recent writing from all of you on the boards.

My replies are due and will come up as soon as I get to finish them!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1188
Zenozine: My condolences for your loss. :(

Everyone else: I finally posted. xD Sorry it took so long. I was a bit sicker than I would have liked to admit. It took a bit for the brain fog to subside. Hopefully my post is well enough though. =3 I had a good giggle writing it. :D

~Vys

Reply #1189
Thanks for everyone who who has had kind things to say, it has been something we knew was coming for a long a time, the man had been holding out for years, in the end it is both sad and reliving to know he is gone after seeing how time had caught up to him. I am feeling better now, and I will get to my posts again.

Reply #1190
This might come across as odd, but I was reading the latest post in the SAR mission thread and I was reminded of a logic problem that was right common in grade school, involving ferrying a cabbage, a sheep and a wolf across a river without anything being eaten but only being able to carry one item in the boat at a time...

Reply #1191
This might come across as odd, but I was reading the latest post in the SAR mission thread and I was reminded of a logic problem that was right common in grade school, involving ferrying a cabbage, a sheep and a wolf across a river without anything being eaten but only being able to carry one item in the boat at a time...

I totally remember that riddle and I told it to my kids to see if they could figure it out too! :D

Reply #1192
I am familiar with the riddle, and I can understand how the situation would remind you of that, lol. Not a perfect fit but the problem nonetheless reminiscent.

Oh, btw, you need to take the goat across on the first crossing, return alone, and when you bring the wolf across secondly, you must take the goat with you on the way back to get the cabbage on the third crossing. On the fourth crossing, you take the goat across a second time.

Sorry, I could not help myself. :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1193
I know it is my turn in the promenade I will post on the weekend

Reply #1194
Hey, Sorry I haven't been around that much. My life has been kind of hard recently and it's been difficult getting inspiration for writing. I will try and post tomorrow.

Reply #1195
I am familiar with the riddle, and I can understand how the situation would remind you of that, lol. Not a perfect fit but the problem nonetheless reminiscent.

Oh, btw, you need to take the goat across on the first crossing, return alone, and when you bring the wolf across secondly, you must take the goat with you on the way back to get the cabbage on the third crossing. On the fourth crossing, you take the goat across a second time.

Sorry, I could not help myself. :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan
ah yes a classic one.

Reply #1196
Indeed .fun logic problem, that.

Looking forward to all the posts. I'm working on my SAR one and will hopefully have a reply tonight.

Sirius, if you need to pick my brain for anything bt Sarresh and Sel just shoot me a pm and I'll be happy to bounce ideas around.

Reply #1197
Work is hectic like hell, might get to replying somewhere next week or in the weekends. Sorry for the wait guys!

Reply #1198
I have company over this week.  Expect delays in my posts.

Reply #1199
First few posts are out, the rest will follow.

Also, welcome to all the new players that I seemingly missed when they posted hello.
Looking forward to playing with all of you!

Back to work, so I think I should have replies out for everyone by the end of the week.

Simple Audio Video Embedder