Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 413978 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #1150
STORY UPDATE

It's great that everyone leaves notes here when they have to be away for a bit!

I have the pleasure of announcing that Episode 04: Simulcast has been opened for posting! I have PMed those of our writers that have characters at Starbase 84 and the USS Resolve, and I look forward to writing in the Prologue with them until the Theurgy arrives at the base in Chapter 01. Here is the link:

Episode 04: Simulcast | Prologue: "Homecoming"

Furthermore, I have also finished the character sheet for Ian Hawthorne, the Base Commander of Starbase 84 (click the link):

Cpt. Ian Hawthorne            Commanding Officer          Starbase 84

- Played by Auctor Lucan

That is all for now! Next in line for me is starting up the away-mission in the Interregnum, where Stark, Maya, zh'Wann and S'Iti will go and collect survivors in the Harbinger crew's escape pods. I also have a few promotion threads to start up.

Hope this posts finds you all well!

Edit: After a fresh-eyed read through and some feedback, I have amended Hawthorne's character sheet with some details and updates.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1151
@sirus - liked the post. RE: your OOC statement; I'm more than willing to leave that scene as is and we can pick up a new thread for them dealing with the aftermath.

@nolan - Also liked your post. I'm happy to wait for Cir'Cie to show up before i post again.

Reply #1152
STORY OVERVIEW & PROGRESSION

Hi there everyone! I figured it was time for an update for you all. Here is the list of active threads organised chronologically and by board, and all of these are links to click. I have also added posting reminders about who is next to post in all of them:

EPISODE 03: Unconquerable Soul | Part 2

EPILOGUE: Precepts By Which We Survive
   1) One last post from CanadianVet with Sten Covington, ending the scene, no more posts required in the Fighter Assault Bay.
   2) One last post from The Counselor with Hayden O'Connor, ending the scene.
   3) With both these scenes finished, I will post one last time with Jien Ives, then I am locking this thread.

INTERREGNUM EP 03-04

DAY 01: Time Judges All [0500 hrs.] Next poster: IronFerrox
DAY 01: Rejuvenation [0900 hrs.] Next poster: Auctor Lucan (unless you guys want to post in reaction to the development)
DAY 01: The Path Ahead [0915 hrs.] Next poster: Auctor Lucan
DAY 01: New Life [1000 hrs.] Next poster: The Counselor
DAY 01: Lost in the Mind [1015 hrs.] Next poster: Doc M.
DAY 01: Misgivings [1100 hrs.] Next poster: Auctor Lucan
DAY 01: Encouragement [1115 hrs.] Next poster: Brutus
DAY 01: Stranger Tides [1130 hrs.] Next poster: Auctor Lucan
DAY 01: SAR Away-Mission [1150 hrs.] Next poster: 1) Brutus 2) IronFerrox 3) Doc M. (My suggestion)
DAY 01: Healing | Part 1 [1220 hrs.] Next poster: Anyone
DAY 01: A Fresh Start [1230 hrs.] Next poster: Nolan
DAY 01: Meeting of the Minds [1300 hrs.] Next poster: 1) Brutus 2) Nolan
DAY 01: The First of Many Propositions [1400 hrs.] Next poster: Triage
DAY 01: An Empty Pack [2030 hrs.] Next poster: 1) Doc M. 2) Triage 3) RosariaRosette (Fasha arriving)
DAY 01: A Quiet Chat [2100 hrs.] Next poster: Triage

DAY 02: Back From the Dead [0800 hrs.] Next poster: Zenozine
DAY 02: Poker Night [2000 hrs.] Next poster: IronFerrox

EPISODE 04: Simulcast

Episode 04: Simulcast | Prologue "Homecoming"
- Base Commander's Office Next poster: 1) Triage 2) DocReno
- Promenade & Recreational Dome Next poster: Sirus & Triage (meeting with Ensign Six)
- Brig Next poster: 1) RedBaron 2) Brutus

There! I know from the poll that you guys like these so I figured I'd make a new one. Hope you guys feel like you've gotten a better grasp on the current ongoings.

LONE-WOLVES SQUADRON ORGANISATIONAL CHART

Second on the list is the new Lone Wolves Squadron organisational chart, which I had thought IronFerrox communicated after completion but when backtracking PMs, I couldn't find it. So, here it is for all you fighter pilot writers out there:

Wolf-01 | Callsign: Iron-Fox 
Lt. Cmdr. Miles Renard
Flight/Element Leader

Wolf-02 | Callsign: Kestrel  
Ens. Skye Carver [NPC]
Fighter Pilot

Wolf-03 | Callsign: Morrigan 
Lt. JG Fasha
Flight/Element Leader

Wolf-04 | Callsign: Husker
Ensign CJ Slayton
Fighter Pilot

Wolf-05 | Callsign: Maverick
Lt. JG Nathaniel Isley [NPC]
Element Leader

Wolf-06 | Callsign: -------- 
Unnamed Wolf
Fighter Pilot

Wolf-07 | Callsign: GoldenEye 
Lt. JG Tessa May Lance
Flight/Element Leader

Wolf-08 | Callsign: -------- 
Unnamed Wolf
Fighter Pilot

Wolf-09 | Callsign: Ranger   
Lt. JG Evelyn Rawley
Element Leader

Wolf-10 | Callsign: --------
[Later Krystal Tancredi]
Fighter Pilot

Wolf-XX | Callsign: Razor [MIA]   
Lt. JG Thomas Ravon
Element Leader

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask here or over PM. Please CC IronFerrox as well in this matter.

NEW WRITER IN OUR MIDST!

I figured I would take the opportunity to inform you that we have a new writer by the name RedBaron, and here is his character, who is currently in Starbase 84's Brig, awaiting transfer:

Mr. Drauc T'Laus              Imprisoned Mercenary        Starbase 84

- Played by RedBaron

UPCOMING STORY ELEMENTS AND PROJECTS

Lastly I figured that I would inform you all about things I have in the pipeline, so to speak. I will refrain from putting them in order of estimated completion, but rather give you the gross list of things that I have planned for:

- Memorial Service at noon on Day 02
- Arranging for planned character meetings, commendations and disciplinary actions on Day 03 in the Interregnum
- Update our poster (removing inactive/killed characters and adding new)
- Update Lone Wolves Squadron image (same)
- Making two new front pages for the PDF books (INT 03-04 & EP04)
- Finish the PDF books for both parts of EP03
- Update 1) the Deck Layout image and 2) refine the information on the USS Theurgy, which is not a regular Prometheus-class starship but rather a Mk II Tactical Carrier, acting as a testbed for prototype tech like the Valyries, Thea and the Allegiant. Updating all this might force me to have old things retconned, but I want to avoid that as much as possible. (I need help with this project!)

If there is anything more that you are hankering for me to add to this list, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1153
To all of you involved in the Star base 84 interactions, I just wanna say I'm intrigued by all the characters and the progress of the storylines there.

And also, their developments are already so interesting.

Ian Hawthorne is a very interesting man. It's hard to get a fix on him, but I like him so far. Impressive writing and work, Auctor!

Looking forward to seeing more of Keval, T'Frell and Six as well. :)

Reply #1154
Thanks Triage! =3

I've been having a lot of fun developing her as a character. I'm looking forward to more interactions with everyone's characters as well. Should be interesting to see how she talks to and behaves around them. :D

~Vys
"You wish to knock over cows? What is the significance of this? Do you derive pleasure from such things?" - Ensign Six

Reply #1155
In Rememberance

The memorial service has been posted for Day 02, held at noon. Here is the link:

http://houseeros.com/roleplay-role-playing-forum/index.php?topic=53956.msg1483913#msg1483913

Enjoy, and make your contribution to the scene.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1156
Works taken a turn for the suck, especially today and tomorrow. I owe about 5 posts - haven't forgotten y'all, just...no time. I'll try/intend to post over the weekend while I'm still working not from home!)

-Bru~

Reply #1158
Protect Thea!

>.>

Sorry, that was random, I know. But it's Keira Knightley. :P

Anyways, just need a little help clearing things up on Below Decks. Because I'm starting to feel confused about who the heck's bartending right now.

I'd put Edena Rez as just one of the people hanging out at the bar rather than just taking over Rory's position. Or is there more than one bartender? I noticed some of the people posting there are either positioning Edena as being behind the bar, or Rory, or an unnamed female. I'm not sure what's going on. So, hoping for some clarity from the others. :)

Reply #1160
Will have to read up about Thea. Anyway, I think I might have some free time (finally) tomorrow in the afternoon, so expect my replies to start coming out around that time.

Nolan

Reply #1162
I want to join the rp, and I have some ideas for how I want to make my character, (Line officer, science division probably human) and I am working out where and how I join the crew, but just wondering what else if anything I should know? (I already read the history and took note of the stuff in blue, I'm probably going to be one of the crew from the harbringer who was injured and wakes up in one of the sickbays a few days later... seems like the easiest jumping on point.)

Reply #1163
Hi there Kaligos!

No worries, I will be replying to you at length over PM and give you all the guidance you need. :) I have been busy over the weekend with family but now I am catching up with the PMs.

BELOW DECKS LAYOUT GRAPHICS

Aside from the Thea description, here is a floor plan for below decks, heavily inspired by Ten Forward, I think. It should serve, though.

Feedback is most welcome in both regards!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1164
The only piece of feedback I can offer right now would be to rotate the head 90 degrees to the left so the door is to the main room.  Right now, anyone who needs to take a leak would have to go through the bar office and storage to get there.

Reply #1167
Liking the layouts.

CanadianVet: re: ooc comment in encouragement - agree with you, we're good to end that scene

RedBaron, Lucan: re: Homecoming - working on my post, sorry for the delay. It's the largest of the ones that I owed, and with with being as ...heavy as it is, I just haven't had time to finish it :(

Reply #1168
Hey guys,

I had intended to post over this weekend for you, but we lost our AC and our house was just entirely too hot to think well enough to write properly. Now that it's fixed and we have cool air again though I'll be starting to work on my post tonight. =3

Just wanted to give y'all a brief update. =3

~Vys
"You wish to knock over cows? What is the significance of this? Do you derive pleasure from such things?" - Ensign Six

Reply #1169
Hello everyone glad to be apart of this, I am very shy about my writing talents. I hope you all get to know and love Drauc (Dur-rock by the way) i had fun making him.  

Thanks for letting me know sorry i didn't see this earlier.  :o 

Liking the layouts.

CanadianVet: re: ooc comment in encouragement - agree with you, we're good to end that scene

RedBaron, Lucan: re: Homecoming - working on my post, sorry for the delay. It's the largest of the ones that I owed, and with with being as ...heavy as it is, I just haven't had time to finish it :(

Reply #1170
Hello everyone, It's a pleasure to meet you all officially.

I posted earlier with questions, and Lucian was very helpful in helping me bring my ideas to life. Just got to wait to figure out which scene he would be good in joining.

Reply #1171
LONE-WOLVES GROUP PHOTO UPDATED

While this might be a bit ahead of time, with Krystal Tancredi not having become a Lone-Wolf yet, here it is. As you can see, I have also added Eun Sae Ji since she belongs right next to Papa Bear. Lastly, I gave Fasha and Tancredi the right number on the shoulder of their exosuits. Enjoy.

[Click Image to Enlarge]

Let me know if you guys want to change something or polish some aspect of the image!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1172
Would everyone okay if Hi'Jak joined the events happening in the promenade on Starbase 84 in the prolog thread?

Reply #1173
I think its an excellent idea! Please let Vystori post with Ensign Six first, then you can have Jack become drawn there because of F'Rell. Imagine his interest in F'Rell because of the his field of science? He would be comparing her to deep sea creatures, I reckon.

It's great that connection is made between the Resolve crew and those on SB84 that is bound to end up on the Theurgy. I will be sending out some barebone ideas for development in the prologue too.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1174
He would be comparing her to deep sea creatures, I reckon.

Oh noes! I already did that. D:! When I chatted with Sirus that was how they described F'Rell, was like a jellyfish. Oh dear I hope I didn't overstep. o:

Simple Audio Video Embedder