Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 365979 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #2351
Just a quick note that Dr. Nicander will be joining the Defrosting thread too, stepping out of the surgery he has been preforming at the time. Catch some of you there!

Edit: Not surgery, I realised he was actually down there in the Fighter Assault Bay during the Nebula Entry briefing, so he will have returned to Sikckbay from there, and the surgery of Nicole Howard is about to commence after Defrosting. Anyway, he'll be there. :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2352
Best fellow writers!

I know I've been slacking with replies lately and I'll try to get as much of them done as I can these few coming days. However, starting from Friday till the week after. So 15- 22 September, I will be out of the country for a much needed holiday. Plan is to not think about internet or anything else and just soak up as much sun and swim time as I can. So I won't be dealing out any replies during that time. If I do find a wifi spot, I might use it to get some reading done, yet I hate posting with smartphones.

So just giving you all a heads up!

Reply #2353
Enjoy the time off and the vacation!! Consider me officially envious haha.

I need to go on another out of country trip :D - course that means i need to get my passport renewed :P

Reply #2354
Best fellow writers!

I know I've been slacking with replies lately and I'll try to get as much of them done as I can these few coming days. However, starting from Friday till the week after. So 15- 22 September, I will be out of the country for a much needed holiday. Plan is to not think about internet or anything else and just soak up as much sun and swim time as I can. So I won't be dealing out any replies during that time. If I do find a wifi spot, I might use it to get some reading done, yet I hate posting with smartphones.

So just giving you all a heads up!
Have a lovely vacation!

Don't worry. I hate using phones to post also. Suffice to say, it royally sucked when I forced myself to do so before we got our internet set up at the new place. xD

Enjoy, Nolan! <3

Reply #2355
 Oooh a beach vacation would be fabulous right now. You enjoy yourself!! Consider me officially jealous.
"Relationships are not my strong suit; I deal in evenings."
 - Jaya Thorne, Asst. Chief CONN Officer, Ensign [Show/Hide]

Reply #2356
STORY OVERVIEW

A lot of new things are in the works, but I really don't have too much to show so that it would merit sending a newsletter. Nonetheless, I have finished with this story overview, which I think will be helpful for you all. :)

Currently, we are writing in Day 02 of the Interregnum, with both Day 01 off limits for posting new thread starters. The Sabine Away Mission has begun on Day 03.

Now, however, you all may post starters on Day 03 up until 1000 hrs., which is concurrent with the Sabine Away Mission. :)

So, here are the posting rules for the Interregnum at the moment:
  • Day 01 was the same day as the Battle of Starbase 84. No new threads are allowed to be made during Day 01 any more. So, Day 01 is off limits for new threads.
  • The latest point at which threads can be started on Day 03 is 1000 hrs.
  • Day 03 is off limits as of later than 1000 hrs. for the time being. You may post starters set before then (only not on Day 01)

Exceptions to these rules are made by me, so please feel free to PM me if you are in dire need to get something done on Day 01, for example.

Lastly, we have a common way of naming new threads. The naming convention is, in short, simply this:

Day XX [XXXX hrs.] Insert Title Of New Thread

In the below lists, you'll see where we're at right now. The threads are in chronological order, and links to click.

DAY 01

Day 01 [1600 hrs.] Focal Point - Finished!
Day 01 [1600 hrs.] Loose Ends Next poster: MasterRat
Day 01 [1600 hrs.] The Last Lone Wolves - Finished!
Day 01 [1600 hrs.] The New Pack - Finished!
Day 01 [1630 hrs.] Strength in Unity Next poster: Nolan (One final post)
Day 01 [1700 hrs.] Loose Gears - Finished!
Day 01 [1700 hrs.] Two Stray Threads Next poster: Mathis
Day 01 [1700 hrs.] Washing Away the Memories Next poster: DocReno
Day 01 [1715 hrs.] Sar-unga Grieving - Finished!
Day 01 [1830 hrs.] Seeds of Malefaction - Finished!
Day 01 [1900 hrs.] Nebula Entry - Finished!
Day 01 [1910 hrs.] Defrosting Next poster: Aeolus (Important that Nator leaving is not noticed. Jm Von Cat & Jfiddle may post here too)
Day 01 [1930 hrs.] A Doctor's Mechanic - Finished!
Day 01 [1930 hrs.] Fanatical Interests - Finished!
Day 01 [2000 hrs.] Colorful Confluence - Finished!
Day 01 [2030 hrs.] Meeting of Minds - Finished!
Day 01 [2200 hrs.] Drinking Yourself Blind
- Next poster by Table: 1) DocReno 2) Brutus 3) Arista
- Next poster by Bar: 1) Even Angels Cry 2) Steelphoenix
Day 01 [2200 hrs.] Land of the Living - Finished!
Day 01 [2200 hrs.] Wolves Need Wings - Finished!
Day 01 [2200 hrs.] Your New Roomate - Finished!
Day 01 [2230 hrs.] Intentions &amp; Aftereffects Next poster: Triage
Day 01 [2230 hrs.] What Goes Around... Next poster: Esyel
Day 01 [2300 hrs.] A Late Night Thank You Next poster: CanadianVet
Day 01 [2300 hrs.] Where There is Smoke... - Finished!
Day 01 [2315 hrs.] Depth of Guilt Next poster: 1) Arista 2) Kaligos 3) Doc M. 4) The Counselor ends the thread.
Day 01 [2330 hrs.] A Lost Voice - Finished!
Day 01 [2330 hrs.] Beauty and the Beast Next poster: CanadianVet
Day 01 [2330 hrs.] Making a Splash Next poster: SummerDawn
Day 01 [2330 hrs.] To Absent Friends Next poster: Is this Finished?
Day 01 [2355 hrs.] Just Want To Sleep Next poster: Arista
Day 01 [2400 hrs.] Late Night Talk Next poster: Hastata-Nerada
Day 01 [2400 hrs.] Passing On The Torch Next poster: DocReno

DAY 02

Day 02 [0005 hrs.] The Blues Next poster: Mathis
Day 02 [0007 hrs] Rally and Riposte Next poster: Top Hat
Day 02 [0530 hrs.] Hidden Messages - Finished!
Day 02 [0530 hrs.] Steamed Therapy Next poster: Kaligos
Day 02 [0730 hrs.] Morning Stretch Next poster: chXinya
Day 02 [0920 hrs.] Came for the Pets, Stayed for the Friendship Next poster: Triage
Day 02 [0930 hrs.] Poisonous Effects - Finished!
Day 02 [1000 hrs.] Senior Staff Announcement - Finished!
Day 02 [1015 hrs.] Alive - Finished!
Day 02 [1030 hrs.] Once Upon a Time, I Dreamt I Was a Butterfly... - Finished!
Day 02 [1100 hrs.] The Wrath of Time - Finished!
Day 02 [1130 hrs.] Social Visit to the Lost - Finished!
Day 02 [1200 hrs.] New Department Head Speeches Next poster: 1) DocReno, setting the scene for the meeting 2) chXinya
Day 02 [1225 hrs.] New Quarters of the Rising Sun Next poster: DocReno
Day 02 [1230 hrs.] Cultural Misunderstandings Next poster: CanadianVet
Day 02 [1230 hrs.] New meets Old Next poster: 1) Jm Von Cat 2) Arista 3) Striker N7 (?)
Day 02 [1300 hrs.] Fluid Dynamics - Finished!
Day 02 [1300 hrs.] An Unusual Asset Next poster: Arista
Day 02 [1315 hrs.] Though I Walk Through the Valley of the Shadow Next poster: Nolan
Day 02 [1330 hrs.] First Impressions Next poster: CanadianVet
Day 02 [1345 hrs.] Vivisection of Kludge Next poster: Nolan
Day 02 [1400 hrs.] Continuing Education - Finished!
Day 02 [1400 hrs.] Everything Old - Finished!
Day 02 [1400 hrs.] Just Checking In Next poster: Arista
Day 02 [1415 hrs.] Putting Her Back Together
- Next poster Nebula: 1) Even Angels Cry 2) Kaligos 3) Auctor Lucan 4) MasterRat/Jm Von Cat
- Next poster Bridge: 1) Auctor Lucan 2) Brutus 3) CanadianVet 4) Striker N7
- Next poster Vector 02 + Main Engineering: 1) Triage 2) Doc M. 3) FollowTomorrow
- Next poster Jefferies Tubes 213166AA: 1) Doc M. (w. Maya) 2) Kaligos 3) Hastata-Nerada
Day 02 [1430 hrs.] EVE Program AK-1 DMSA-656 - Finished!
Day 02 [1450 hrs.] Wakey Wakey Next poster: Josie
Day 02 [1500 hrs.] Koreans, Coffee, and Chit Chat Next poster: Jm Von Cat
Day 02 [1530 hrs.] Particular Preliminary Prescriptions Next poster: Triage
Day 02 [1600 hrs.] Into the Wild Blue Yonder - Finished!
Day 02 [1600 hrs.] Of Serendipity and Vicissitude - Finished!
Day 02 [1600 hrs.] Of Valkyries & Valravns Next poster: 1) CanadianVet 2) Auctor Lucan 3) Blue Zephyr 4) Josie
Day 02 [1700 hrs.] Fighting with the Devil - Finished!
Day 02 [1700 hrs.] Big Mouth Beatdown Next poster: Triage
Day 02 [1700 hrs.] Connecting the Dots Next poster: 1) SummerDawn 2) Striker N7 3) Steelphoenix
Day 02 [1800 hrs.] Movies and Memories - Finished!
Day 02 [1800 hrs.] Patrol Guidelines Clearly State! Next poster: Even Angels Cry
Day 02 [1800 hrs.] Whose Coming to Dinner? Next poster: Jfiddle
Day 02 [1830 hrs.] An Unorthodox Session Next poster: TrexelCat
Day 02 [1900 hrs.] Flight Tests Next poster: Nolan
Day 02 [1900 hrs.] Garden Greenery Next poster: Hastata-Nerada
Day 02 [1900 hrs.] Precarious Parlay Next poster: 1) Brutus 2) CanadianVet 3) FollowTomorrow 4) AuctorLucan
Day 02 [1900 hrs.] Standing in Motion Next poster: 1) Hastata-Nerada 2) Steelphoenix
Day 02 [2000 hrs.] Checking Up, In, & Out Next poster: Blue Zephyr
Day 02 [2000 hrs.] Two Techs in a Turbolift Next poster: Triage
Day 02 [2100 hrs.] A Long, Hard Day Next poster: CanadianVet
Day 02 [2100 hrs.] Painters 'R Us Next poster: Josie
Day 02 [2200 hrs.] Mea Culpa Next poster: Nolan

DAY 03

Day 03 [0700 hrs.] Seeking Hope | Away-Mission Next poster: Free Banter PO
Day 03 [1000 hrs.] The Coreless Moon | Away-Mission Next poster: Loose PO: 1) Striker N7 2) Havenborn 3) Mathis etc.

DIRECTOR'S CUT

Deleted Scene: Supply Run, Interrupted Next poster: Mathis
Deleted Scene: Razor's Log: Crashed and Marooned Next poster: Nolan
Deleted Scene: Off Duty Hours  Next poster: 1) Even Angels Cry 2) DocReno 3) Esyel 4) Auctor Lucan

That's all for now! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2357
Totally not taking full advantage of Jhenal's serendipitous lack of properly functioning telepathy for that sickbay exit or anything...
Nator 159: "I accept no responsibility for the ensign's manifest stupidity. Sir." [Show/Hide]
Ranaan Ducote: "A ship is a home; its crew a family." [Show/Hide]
T'Less: "Your odds of prevailing against us are... slim." [Show/Hide]
Valkra: "Come! We will shake the gates of Sto'Vo'Kor!" [Show/Hide]

Reply #2358
didnt realize i was up next in parlay. I'll re read that and get a post up today, ideally :)

Lot of stuff going on IRL from now thru the weekend, with family visiting in town. May be sparse for a bit - may not. we'll see :)

Reply #2359
Wasn't sure where exactly to put this but I just wanted to send a shout out to @Doc M. for their outstanding work on the wiki. Specifically in regards to the USS Cortes. I was double checking some of my background on Faye for an upcoming post and clicked the link for the wiki page on the ship she went to, and there was sooo much more information than I'd orignally found on the ship when i'd poked around the internet before choosing a name. Doc did a great job on blending my vision for its mission with established canon, and while the update was made back in July and I'm just now noticing it, i wanted to call it out.

Reply #2360
PERSONAL POSTING REMINDERS SENT

Today, I also sent it out personal and convenient little thread reminder lists to some of the members who are in a lot of threads at the same time. Like I wrote, it is for when you can get to them, not that you were supposed to get to them right now, lol. The empahsis is on friendly posting reminders, nothing else.

So, to avoid confusion of the intent, they were convenient personal list to work with, not to get stressed out about. This has been said before and I will keep saying it so that you don't get the wrong idea. :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2361
Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know I'm getting ready to move to a new apartment and my posting time is next to none until the first week of October, hopefully.

Because I'm a lazy pig, my mum is on me like an livid targ that hasn't eaten in months to finish packing/throwing junk so she gets mad if I try to play or write on the computer.

Just a heads up to everyone okay? I'll still be around on Discord because my phone at least I can use.

Reply #2362
Hi,

I've got some things coming up at the moment, and may be busy until about Sunday or so, maybe later.

Firstly, going to have to do more work coz there has been some illnesses and I will be running more yoga classes.

Secondly, my ex has managed to get him in a serious fight and it is likely that instead of the short stay in jail, he could possibly be in there for 3 to 5 years now.

I have to figure out how to explain that to a six year old, who's testimony against his dad got his dad put in there in the first place.

Reply #2363
Sounds.. interesting, Josie, if only in the proverbial sense. Hope it's not too rough!
Nator 159: "I accept no responsibility for the ensign's manifest stupidity. Sir." [Show/Hide]

Reply #2364
Good luck Josie!
"Relationships are not my strong suit; I deal in evenings."
 - Jaya Thorne, Asst. Chief CONN Officer, Ensign [Show/Hide]

Reply #2365
Real life before rp! You have my best wishes Josie

Reply #2366
Good luck with all of that, @Josie   RL before RP

Which, I've been swamped IRL with work and family stuff since Friday. Slowly replying to threads. If I owe anyone  a post please shoot me a PM on the forum.

Reply #2367
Hi, I'm back into a mental state that I'll be doing writing.

My son told me not to worry so much, and also told me that he knew about my girlfriend & to invite her around.

Expect more craziness from Zrinka ;-)

Reply #2368
Aren't kids awesome?

And scary how they seem to figure things out long before you mean to explain it....

Reply #2369
Okay, sorry all but posting from me is going to be limited to the weekends, at least for a while while I acclimate to my new job. It's really kicking my butt physically as it's something I've never done before and really hard work. Pays amazing though. But I come home just ready to crawl into bed and sleep for 10-12 hours.

I apologize if this holds things up with posts that are waiting on me, I just can't wrap my brain around anything during the weekdays at the moment.

I'm not leaving! Meow! Just.. Trying to get used to the new stuff going on in my life. Posting should pick up more as I get used to things.

Have fun!
~TrexelCat

Reply #2370
Wasn't sure where exactly to put this but I just wanted to send a shout out to @Doc M. for their outstanding work on the wiki. Specifically in regards to the USS Cortes. I was double checking some of my background on Faye for an upcoming post and clicked the link for the wiki page on the ship she went to, and there was sooo much more information than I'd orignally found on the ship when i'd poked around the internet before choosing a name. Doc did a great job on blending my vision for its mission with established canon, and while the update was made back in July and I'm just now noticing it, i wanted to call it out.

Why thank you Brutus.  I must say that fixing the inconsistencies between the established cannon found on Memory Alpha and the PC's biographies has been a challenge but now I'm starting to relax and recognize that there are many differences between the Star Trek Theurgy timeline and the Paramount one.  I do ask that new players check Memory Alpha's website when naming ships they have served on so they don't say they joined the crew of a vessel the year after a ship was destroyed or anything.  I know that it's not a requirement, but it would certainly make things easier on my end.

Reply #2371
Hey guys,

I've been going through a rough patch recently with the new Star Trek show coming out. I have strong feelings about it that I don't want to go into here, but let's just say I've been floating the idea of "taking a break from Star Trek" and this has brought up the concern that I may be leaving the Theurgy. The thing is I love writing on the Theurgy. It is one of the highlights of my day, pounding out a new post is great. Though I must admit my inspiration levels have dipped in this past week since the premier.

My issue is more with the the current Star Trek show than with anything else. I've seen every episode of Star Trek ever released, ever movie, a handful of book, audio plays, and even some fanworks. Star Trek was a massive part of my life and now I have to decide if I will miss some new Trek or is I will watch a show I am not fond of (putting it very mildly) just so I can keep this odd 100% thing going. It tears my mind in two.

I just know that right now when I wind up debating DSC stuff I wind up getting stressed and I just feel like getting away. Only I don't know how to do that either. I just feel like I want out of the community as a whole. And kind of like I may need to step away from the Discord for awhile too, but I also love chatting with people there. I am posting this here because I need to explain myself and I feel like I must explain myself to the group.

I have even considered writing an essay up as to what Star Trek is to me and how a show that has none of the ships or logos I know can feel more like Star Trek to me than a shit that has all the right logos and sound effects. But I can't decide if this would just result in me bitching again and writing a long winded rant about why I don't like Star Trek Discovery, something no one needs.

I don't know what to do right now, but until I have some concept I plan to be active here. I will write my characters to the best of my abilities, though it may take me a little longer to build up enough steam sometimes. I really do have no clue how I want to progress with this and until I know I don't want to burn any bridges.

Reply #2372
Do what I'm doing.  Don't watch Star Trek Discovery and watch Seth McFarlane's The Orville instead.  Problem solved.

(I don't have access to the special channel Discovery comes on in my area.  It could be the best show in the universe; I wouldn't know.)

Reply #2373
Star Trek: Discovery is great so far, and I hope it lasts through its first season with the same quality, and that it will continue to improve in more seasons to come.

The Orville is awesome too, though. :)

AEOLUS' MEMBERSHIP TERMINATED DUE TO INACTIVITY

After sending several posting reminders without answer, and given the chance to return to active status or inform us whether or not he means to stay and write with us, Aeolus short tenure as a member here on Theurgy has ended.

Since he only posted once In-Character with his character Tamren Jhenal, the easiest thing to do was simply to remove that post in Defrosting and for me to edit the one I wrote in response with Nicander, removing any mentioning of this Diplomatic Attaché. So, the existence of Tamren Jhenal as a character has been removed since it is the easiest thing to do in this premature state of story progression involving the character. In short, there was never any Diplomatic Attaché named Tamren Jhenal on the Resolve.

I hope to be able to use the backgrounds or re-purpose the character images I made for this character somehow.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #2374
Do what you gotta, @Absinthe. I hope you find a comfortable point to settle on.

Re: Aeolus - a shame; I liked his writing and character. Not to mention the work on his portraits!

Simple Audio Video Embedder