Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 414144 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #1776
NEW SPECIES PAGE: THE GORN

LINK: GORN

Kaligos has finished the details about the Gorn species, and it is now available on the Wiki.

BATTLE OF STARBASE 84

New progress has been made in Episode 04! Check the board: http://houseeros.com/roleplay-role-playing-forum/index.php?board=451.0

A posting order has been suggested at the bottom of my latest post in Battle of Starbase 84. :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1777
Oh, and all new and new-ish people writing pilots, I own Chief Warrant Officer Sten "Papa Bear" Covington, Theurgy's flight deck voice of God Chief of the Deck.

Reply #1778
Haha, wow. No, people, you should just regard Sten "Papa Bear" Covington as the Voice of God.

Keep in mind, he's been the representative of at least two religious behemoths, punched wolves, trained Batman, Obi-Wan AND Darth Vader, and taking his child from him is tantamount to suicide. So, yes.

In the mean time, wow, Auctor Lucan, you sure know how to make a dramatic entrance! USS Orcus. Sounds scary just imagining it.

Reply #1779
Happy Holidays to you all!

Loving the stories.

Reply #1780
Merry (belated) Christmas to all here and a Happy New Year.

I apologize for my silence, but my family got the stomach flu as part of the holiday festivities. Working on nursing back to health and reading up.

Hope everyone had a great holiday.
Lt. Devyrie "Dragon" Okhala
by Burningtransformation
aka
"Waffles"

Reply #1781
Hey all! Happy Holidays and a warm welcome to burningtransformation and Dam025. :)

I've been a bit elusive this month. I'm in charge of ordering all new IT equipment for my department and the end of the year always includes a slurry of fun, "Hey, get me these dozen quotes by tomorrow morning so we can spend our money by EoY!" emails from my boss, lol. Now that that is all over, life will return to a more manageable crazy.

Hope everyone's doing well and has a great new year.

Reply #1782
Thanks for all the updates and comments here in the OOC! :) Now, fellow Theurgists, here is a belated Christmas gift!

CUT-AWAY QUARTERS ON THE USS THEURGY

Hope you all like them! They can now also be found on our Wiki: https://uss-theurgy.com/w/index.php?title=USS_Theurgy#Crew_Quarters

Feedback would be awesome!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1783
These feel very true to the show, I love them  :D Are there 3d models that i could download and use for reference, or are these just extremely well done drawings?

Reply #1784
The images appear to be similar to interior cutaways found all over the internet, most of which are derived from drawings found in "Startrek: The Magazine", or "Startrek Fact Files." In any event, Auctor has done his usual amazing work on these images. What sources he worked from, these are way beyond anything I've seen on the internet. And I thought the ones I found for my RP site were among the better ones on the internet. :)

Reply #1785
Nicely done.  Although, you'd think that Chiefs and Warrants might get junior officer accomodations.  After all, they would have the time in, right?

Reply #1786
Uh oh, I thought Sten had his own room?  Maybe he's lucky enough to not have a roommate? I doubt Jaya will be. But we can hold out hope. Or maybe with all those years of service came a room upgrade perk!  Either way, discretion will be key :)

And Waffles (aka BurningTransformation), my name hails from the days of Xanga accounts and LiveJournal and MySpace. I heard the lyric "even the angels cry..." and decided it would be my name.

...aww crap, I've just dated myself.... anywho, there will be posts again now that my job has ceased in kicking my ass :)  Miss Thorne must fly the Allegiant to safety!
"Relationships are not my strong suit; I deal in evenings."
 - Jaya Thorne, Asst. Chief CONN Officer, Ensign [Show/Hide]

Reply #1787
Thanks for the kind feedback! I posted here late last night and I forgot to mention what I wrote on DeviantArt. I can only take partial credit for these since they were a commissioning by Bobye2 (http://bobye2.deviantart.com/). He did his best to accommodate the detailed requests I had for these quarters, but its hard to convey what you have in mind to another artist. Here are two of the raw originals he delivered to me some time ago that I only now got around to redo:

I flipped the top one (with the edits needed for that) and re-did those family quarters into the Captain's quarters, making the bedroom into a private study. The bottom one was supposed to be Ives' quarters (hence the sword), but I turned it into the Dept Head's quarters instead. I had to do a lot of work on the bathrooms, since Bobye2 couldn't do those the way I wanted them. The final touches was colouring and details like the bed and paintings on the walls etc.

As for the more senior NCOs getting Junior Officers' Quarters, I will re-title them to show that MCPOs and CWOs get to have the Junior Officers' Quarters too (not WOs, SCPOs or CPOs, who has the shared NCO quarters with their own bedrooms).

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1788
Uh oh, I thought Sten had his own room?  Maybe he's lucky enough to not have a roommate? I doubt Jaya will be. But we can hold out hope. Or maybe with all those years of service came a room upgrade perk!  Either way, discretion will be key :)

Oh man, perhaps we should make an NPC that is Thorne's long suffering roommate? Completely aware of Jaya's (mis)adventures in the bedroom but silently accepts it as she is the best roommate that the NPC has had. After all, I'm sure Jaya would pick up her own dirty socks ;)

The images look great. Pretty close to what I had in mind when describing Cinn's bedroom in the 'Late Night Liaison' thread.

Reply #1789
In her bio jaya's roommate was sithick because someone needed to share with the seven foot tall lizard and they arrived at black Opel around the same time. He would probably be happy to keep the same roommate thou her not so much.

Reply #1790

... INCOMING TRANSMISSION ...

Greetings fellow Theurgists! Again, I took the time to compile a new overview so that everyone knows what's next for them. Don't forget the thread Inner Space here a lot more people can participate. I will be sending out individual posting notices too, all in friendly spirit and not meant to nag at you all. :)

Below is a list with all the threads in the Interregnum and Episode 04, sorted chronologically with the oldest one first. The threads in green are finished already and the yellow ones are on-going. Also, all these are links to click which ought to make it easy for those who wish to browse and read the story too. PO means Posting Order (if applicable, and always suggestions/recommendations).

INTERREGNUM 03-04

DAY 01

DAY 01: Time Judges All [0500 hrs.]
DAY 01: Healing | Part 1 [0730 hrs.]
DAY 01: Rejuvenation [0900 hrs.]
DAY 01: The Path Ahead [0915 hrs.]
DAY 01: New Life [1000 hrs.]
DAY 01: Lost in the Mind [1015 hrs.]
DAY 01: Misgivings [1100 hrs.]
DAY 01: Encouragement [1115 hrs.]
DAY 01: Stranger Tides [1130 hrs.]
DAY 01: SAR Away-Mission [1150 hrs.]
DAY 01: A Fresh Start | Part 1 [1230 hrs.]
DAY 01: A Fresh Start | Part 2 [1240 hrs.]
DAY 01: Meeting of the Minds [1300 hrs.]
DAY 01: The First of Many Propositions [1400 hrs.]
DAY 01: Healing | Part 2 [1840 hrs.]
DAY 01: An Empty Pack [2030 hrs.]
DAY 01: Off-Duty Treatment [2030 hrs.]
DAY 01: A Quiet Chat [2100 Hrs]

DAY 02

DAY 02: Goldeneye’s Confession [0700 hrs.]
DAY 02: Back From the Dead [0800 hrs.]
DAY 02: Critical Vacancy [1230 hrs.]
DAY 02: In Remembrance [1200 hrs.]
DAY 02: A Friendly Chat [1300 hrs.]
DAY 02: Mistress-at-Arms [1400 hrs.]
DAY 02: Digital Relations [1500 hrs.]
DAY 02: Finding Strength [1800 hrs.]
DAY 02: Healing | Part 3 [1830 hrs.]
DAY 02: Poker Night [2000 hrs.]
DAY 02: Houseguest [0130 hrs.]

DAY 03

DAY 03: Unfinished Business [0610 hrs.]
DAY 03: Phasmids [0900 hrs.]
DAY 03: The Beginning Of A New Life [1100 hrs.]
DAY 03: Twitching [1100 hrs.]
DAY 03: Between Meetings [1200 hrs.]
DAY 03: The Accipiter [1400 hrs.] Next Poster: Anyone! [glow=red,2,300]Social Commentary Wanted! (Due to close)[/glow]
DAY 03: Well-Earned Recognition [1500 hrs.]
DAY 03: New Hire [1500 hrs.]
DAY 03: Midnight Oil [2345 hrs.]

DAY 04

DAY 04: Weapon Storage Raid [0750 hrs.]
DAY 04: Aftermath [1300 hrs.]
DAY 04: Obligations & Priorities [1305 hrs.]
DAY 04: Opalescent Integration [1315 hrs.] Next Posters: 1) Even Angels Cry 2) Kaligos 3) Arista
DAY 04: Scotch & Fire [1400 hrs.]
DAY 04: Jumping the Shark [1421 hrs.] Next Poster: Doc M. (Please wrap this one up now)
DAY 04: Re-Connection [1600 hrs.]
DAY 04: Free Images [1630 hrs.]
DAY 04: The Flutter of a Pair of Wings [1750 hrs.]
DAY 04: Yeoman & Suspect [1830 hrs.]
DAY 04: Question of Wolven Error [1900 hrs.]
DAY 04: Subconscious Repression [1955 hrs.]
DAY 04: Hidden Forces [2000 hrs.]
DAY 04: Recuperation [2130 hrs.]

DAY 05

DAY 05: Keeping Balance [0630 hrs.]
DAY 05: Resuming Duties [0900 hrs.] Next Poster: Zenozine
DAY 05: Creature Comforts [0930 hrs.] Next Poster: Triage
DAY 05: Sheep in Wolf's Clothing [1200 hrs.]
DAY 05: Alligator Shoes [1300 hrs]  Next Poster: Doc M.
DAY 05: Alien Therapy [1400 hrs.] Next Poster: The Counselor & Doc M. (joint-post)
DAY 05: Redux [1400 hrs.]
DAY 05: The Crossroads [1430 hrs.]
DAY 05: Changing Ways [1500 hrs.] Next Poster: Kaligos
DAY 05: Climax Jump [1740 hrs]

DAY 06

DAY 06: Late Night Liaison [0045 hrs.]
DAY 06: A Chief Returns [0600 hrs.]
DAY 06: For Sake of the Galaxy [1500 hrs.]
DAY 06: First Circle of Hell [1535 hrs.] Next Poster: Auctor Lucan
DAY 06: Fighting Shadows [1600 hrs.]
DAY 06: Visitations [1600 hrs.] Next Poster: 1) Even Angels Cry 2) Kaligos 3) Auctor Lucan
DAY 06: Good Old Times [2100 hrs.] Next Poster: Brutus
DAY 06: Memories [2230 hrs.] Next Poster: Nolan
DAY 06: A Special Request [2245 hrs.] Next Poster: DocReno (What is the status here?)
DAY 06: Inner Space Next Poster: [glow=red,2,300]Everyone who hasn't posted yet![/glow]

EPISODE 04: SIMULCAST

PROLOGUE: Homecoming
CHAPTER 01: Tensions Rising
CHAPTER 02: Crucible (listed by characters)
CHAPTER 03: Loyalty
CHAPTER 04: Usurpation
 - Boarding Team 01: Suggested PO: 1) Ravenholm 2) Wenn Cinn 3) Isley 4) Cardamone
 - Boarding Team 02: Suggested PO: 1) O'Connell (edit of post) 2) Thea
 - Boarding Team 03: Suggested PO: 1) Henshaw 2) Sel 3) zh'Wann
 - Komial's Office: Suggested PO: 1) Komial 2) Mackenzie

CHAPTER 05: Battle of Starbase 84
 - Vector 01 of the Theurgy| Main Bridge: 1) Carrigan Trent 2) Natalie Stark 3) Tovarek
 - Vector 02 of the Theurgy | Main Sickbay: 1)  Hylota & Vinata Vojona 2) Hayden O'Connor 3) Dr. Nicander
 - Vector 03 of the Theurgy | Main Engineering: 1) Rihen Neyah 2) Nolak Kalmil 3) Lin Kae
 - Lone Wolves Squadron: 1) Goldeneye 2) Husker 3) Ghost
 - Grey Wolves & Tribble Squadron 1) K'Ren 2) Krystal Tancredi 3) Havenborn
 - USS Resolve | Main Bridge: 1) Tristan Kendrick 2) Depends on Development
 - USS Allegiant: 1) Jaya Thorne 2) Sithick
 - SS Sabine: 1) Sera vers Aldnoah 2) Hi'Jak
 - USS Orcus: 1) Marcus Slayton 2) Dev

There we go! I will be sending out personal posting reminders too. :)

Reply #1791
MEET OUR NEWEST THEURGIST: DAM025, PLAYING ALESSIA GARCIA

Having already popped up here in the OOC, here is just the official announcement that Dam025 is now a writer at Star Trek: Theurgy. :)

Lt. JG Alessia Garcia         Flight Leader               USS Orcus

- Played by Dam025

Click above to see the character page for this new Valravn fighter pilot, about to launch from the USS Orcus together with Dev, Burningtransformation's pilot.

Welcome aboard, and Happy New Year to you all!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1792
Welcome aboard DAMO25,

Happy New Years Eve, may 2017 bring you many great roleplay posts, and even if you are the 'Enemy', I'll turn a blind eye if you accidentally jam your 'pew pew pew' guns.

Anyways, may your travels on this spinning rock in space be filled with joy!

Peace,
Der Rat

Reply #1793
Yesss, I <3 Michelle Rodriguez. If they end up on the same team, her and Derik should be friends. :)

Happy New Years everyone, may you all have safe and fun celebrations.

Reply #1794
Hello everyone i hope your first day of a new year was good.

I just wanted to take a moment to address something so that the entire group knows. When I screw up a character's name it's not meant to be malicious. I'm not used too doing group rp's Theurgy is my first of this kind of rp, and the roster is massive.

I have dyslexia, it's not something I talk about often, but it makes writing down things like names that don't have a spell check that much harder.

I don't have the best memory so I often make the same mistake more then once, that's because that is how I read your name. When I put down Tancridi instead of Tancredi for example it's because I read allowed and it sounds like it has two I's and my brain disconnects from what is actually written on the page.

I am sorry if I cause anyone frustration in the long run, it's a weakness i'm trying to work on.

Reply #1795
I too seem to have something like that.  I can miss something someone put in their last post even though I've read it three times!  You're not alone kaligos.  Hang in there.

Reply #1796
It's alright, Kaligos, because the important thing is that you're doing a killer job of writing despite having the problem. :)

Reply #1797
No problems here Kaligos, I think I sometimes misspell my own character's name from time to time. So keep up the good work and happy new years.

Peace

Reply #1798
OVER 700 WATCHERS ON DEVIANT ART!

As of yesterday, we passed the 700 mark in terms of watchers on DevianArt! That mans that whenever I post a character image or announce a wanted position, 700 people have asked to be notified about it. Here are some other stats: [Show/Hide]

What's a surprise to me is how popular some of the more recent ones got, like the nsfw Vivian Martin and Ensign Six Studies (which I we can't link because of site rules). They were not posted that long ago and we've had the gallery for over 3 years, lol.

USS THEURGY DECK LAYOUT EXPANSION REQUEST

Hastata-Nerada helped me the other day on the Wiki of ours, adding locations on the Theurgy's deck listing that were not yet mentioned. Specifically, a lot of different science laboratories. Thanks again for that, Hastata!

Looking it over, however, I realise that we might expand on it a bit more. Here is the link:

https://uss-theurgy.com/w/index.php?title=USS_Theurgy#Deck_Layout

As you all can see, the listing is split into columns for each Vector. Doc M. spotted how the Battle Sickbay was missing on Vector 03, so that is fixed. I have worked some on it, but we could do a lot more. If the whole group could take a minute or two and look it over, and PM me or post here with your suggestions, it would be awesome. Areas within larger areas could be listed too, like the Brig is listed under the Security Center.

In order to tell which deck things should be on, click the MSD on the top of the list and look around, counting the decks from the top. Thanks in advance!

CURRENT POSTING IN BATTLE OF STARBASE 84

Here is the current status in the battle in terms of posting order:

Vector 01 of the Theurgy| Main Bridge: 1) Carrigan Trent (after Havenborn has posted) 2) Natalie Stark 3) Tovarek

Vector 02 of the Theurgy | Main Sickbay: 1) Hylota & Vinata Vojona 2) Hayden O'Connor 3) Dr. Nicander

Vector 03 of the Theurgy | Main Engineering: 1) Rihen Neyah 2) Nolak Kalmil 3) Amelya Duv

Lone Wolves Squadron: 1) Ghost (After ch'Xinya has posted)

Grey Wolves & Tribble Squadron 1) Krystal Tancredi & Havenborn both, separate situations

USS Resolve | Main Bridge: 1) Parnak & Ejek (after Stark has given green light for evacuation over comm) 2) Derik Veradin 3) Keval 4) Kaligos

USS Allegiant: 1) Jaya Thorne 2) Sithick

SS Sabine: 1) Sera vers Aldnoah (After Havenborn has posted) 2) Hi'Jak

USS Orcus: 1) Dev + Garcia (no set order) 2) Terror & Sniper (+ Marcus Slayton if he has a reply from Ives)

CURRENT POSTING IN USURPATION

Here is the Usurpation thread's status too!

Boarding Team 01: 1) Wenn Cinn 2) Isley 3) Cal Reagar (Ravenholm has hacked the lift at this point)

Boarding Team 02: 1) Thea 2) O'Connell

Boarding Team 03: 1) Sel 2) Ida 3) Henshaw

Komial's Office: 1) Komial 2) Mackenzie

3D PRINTED MODELS HAVE ARRIVED!

The past months, I have had most of the models in Star Trek: Theurgy 3D-printed and chrome-painted. As a Christmas-gift to myself, they were shipped to me in time for the Holidays but were a little bit delayed before I got my hands on them today. I only had time to take a single photo of them (above), but I will be taking more photos and posting them on DeviantArt in a couple of weeks. For now, I am just happy they got to Sweden without being damaged, and its really cool to be able to hold them in your hands.

Here is the page with the progress updates for the 3D-printing, and if you want to print as well, you can go to the homepage linked at the top and ask for a quote (depends on what you want to do yourself and what print material you ask for): Star Trek: Theurgy 3D Printing Workshop. Just tell them you are a writer at Star Trek: Theurgy and which model you want, and they already have the STL print files.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1799
Welcome Dam025! We're glad to have you!

And holy hell I finally finished that freaking post!  I've only been working on it since December 23rd >.<

Other posts elsewhere will trickle in  :-\ sorry for the delays everyone. But happy new year!
"Relationships are not my strong suit; I deal in evenings."
 - Jaya Thorne, Asst. Chief CONN Officer, Ensign [Show/Hide]

Simple Audio Video Embedder