Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 414147 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #1750
Welcome everyone!

And posted for Heather and Krystal in the battle. Enjoy!

Reply #1751
Heads up folks, I'm going to be MIA, for the next 4 or 5 days. House sitting for a buddy of mine. I'll work on a few ideas and piece together another post while I'm out and tinker with it once I return. Anyways, you guys have fun and don't do anything crazy like blow me up. Master Chief Kalmil will haunt your souls by putting holes in your soles.

Peace

Reply #1752
No Burning I just told you that is the button that kills everyone!
I am Groot.
Does anyone have tape? I want to put some tape over the death button!
Death button? You said it was a waffle button :(
Hi BTF!  We should call you Waffles for short!  Can we call you Waffles?  It's a great name, really!

*steals the button and runs away*

Oh, and Welcome to Theurgy!!  I play Jaya Thorne ^_^  Good luck out there on your new ship and all!
I respond to many names-Waffles is as good as any ;)
Thank you for the welcome. I've been enjoying reading up on the pass missions, the level of detail you all put in to the posts, and found it incredibly enjoyable.
Does your user name refer to a song? I know a song with that line in there.
Lt. Devyrie "Dragon" Okhala
by Burningtransformation
aka
"Waffles"

Reply #1753
KRK-9009 MK IV Overseer

It is time to show this vessel, which some of you might recognise from Earth's history. :) Here is the link to the Wiki page!

Some context? Sure. These are the fighter saucers of the Asurian people.

Still no clue? Dyan Cardamone, or Sar-unga Neleo as was her birth name, is an Asurian. She was the alien infiltrator that helped restore Sarresh Morali to health, partaking in the Phoenix Project that had to turn him into a human instead of an Ash'reem.

Anyway, Captain Ives and Commander Trent alone knows it, but Ives and Dyan Cardamone managed to convince the Asurian government to help the Theurgy at the Battle of Starbase 84, so when things turn sour, they will call the cavalry. The cavalry, in this instance, being thirty of these Overseer saucers, equipped with graviton beams that can make a real mess in all directions at once.

All credit for the invention of the Overseers goes to FollowTomorrow, who put in a lot of work in researching and compiling the info on these crafts.

As for the saucers, they are not an original design this time, but stock images from shutterstock that I bought. Edits made in Photohop CS5. Same goes for the image of the Sheromi below (who uplifted the Asurians) and the Asurian motherships seen on the updated Asurian page.

THE SHEROMI

Indeed, it is the very aliens in our popular culture. Now with a name. :)

So, a little art, and a little hope for the battle. Hope this finds you all well.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1754
I hope there's an understanding about where the probes can go...

Reply #1756
This looks ridiculously awesome.
KRK-9009 MK IV Overseer

It is time to show this vessel, which some of you might recognise from Earth's history. :) Here is the link to the Wiki page!

Some context? Sure. These are the fighter saucers of the Asurian people.

Still no clue? Dyan Cardamone, or Sar-unga Neleo as was her birth name, is an Asurian. She was the alien infiltrator that helped restore Sarresh Morali to health, partaking in the Phoenix Project that had to turn him into a human instead of an Ash'reem.

Anyway, Captain Ives and Commander Trent alone knows it, but Ives and Dyan Cardamone managed to convince the Asurian government to help the Theurgy at the Battle of Starbase 84, so when things turn sour, they will call the cavalry. The cavalry, in this instance, being thirty of these Overseer saucers, equipped with graviton beams that can make a real mess in all directions at once.

All credit for the invention of the Overseers goes to FollowTomorrow, who put in a lot of work in researching and compiling the info on these crafts.

As for the saucers, they are not an original design this time, but stock images from shutterstock that I bought. Edits made in Photohop CS5. Same goes for the image of the Sheromi below (who uplifted the Asurians) and the Asurian motherships seen on the updated Asurian page.

THE SHEROMI

Indeed, it is the very aliens in our popular culture. Now with a name. :)

So, a little art, and a little hope for the battle. Hope this finds you all well.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan
Lt. Devyrie "Dragon" Okhala
by Burningtransformation
aka
"Waffles"

Reply #1757
Hello everyone of the Theurgy, I have finally registered to the site with the aim of hopefully joining. Not sure if it okay to write dtraight in here or contact Lucen first via PM? But thought it be polite for me to come and say hi to you all. I have been following theurgy for quite some time now, first by loving the work put into the RP and then actually reading the posts and the amazing characters here ( got to chapter 3 of episode 4. ) And it got me wanted to return to star trek RP's in which I have been absent in for very long time.

I have spoken to Lucen on Deviantart and am starting to work on a couple of character idea's, One I have for a pilot, if things go well I made make more characters in the future.

Reply #1758
Good to see you here and of course it is okay to post here in the OOC even if you have no character to write just yet! :)

Looking forward to see the first draft of your character, and until then, look around all you want and I hope you like the story development.

OUR NEW HAND PHASER IS FINISHED!

You saw the progress image a couple of weeks ago, and now I have the pleasure of showing you the finished thing! As you can see, the colours are very alike the dustbuster Type-II hand phaser, but this weapon can actually be aimed accurately with the sights on top of it. If you check the back of it, you can also see the traditional phaser settings controls. If you click the image, you get to its Sketchfab page, and if you hold ALT while dragging your mouse, you can change the lighting.

The design was inspired by John Eaves’s conceptual phaser drawings for TNG, and it was modelled by Kalashnikov 3D, who also made the Knight-class Interceptor, the Valravn-class fighters and the Tovarek-class drones.

Link to the phaser's Wiki Page: https://uss-theurgy.com/w/index.php?title=Phaser

Excerpt:
During the Dominion War, it became apparent that single beam particle weapons were ineffective against groups of Jem’Hadar. As such, Starfleet Security desired the ability to fire multiple short pulses of energy. The Type-III rifle was easily modified with a change of beam emitter, but due to the smaller size, the Type-II was unable to be modified in such a way.

With the need of a small weapon for use in close quarter situations, this handphaser variant Type-II Pulse Phase Pistol was created. Not only to be easily distinguishable between the conventional Type-II and this pulse fire variant, but to also account for an increased need for stability and accuracy, this new weapon took design elements of more traditional handheld weapons, incorporating a pistol-like grip and hard sight points along the top of the device.

Because of the difference in shape and fire pattern, Starfleet Personnel required further training on this weapon in addition to standard phaser profiency. As such, the type-II Pulse Phase Pistol was standardly reserved for Security and Tactical Conn personnel.

Feedback would be welcome!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1759
Just looking at it... either FemIves is tiny or that pistol is the Star Trek equivalent of the H&K Mk23 or the IWI Desert Eagle in .50AE...

Reply #1761
*Steps out of the shadows that is the Winter Finals with a large amount of lumber, nails, pizza subs, and Barqs Root beer*

Hello to all the new players and welcome, madman with a plan getting ready for a posting spree-so don't mind me.

Sorry about taking so long to get back to things but one of the major drawbacks to working for a University is helping people do and get through Finals and one of the students that I know actually pulled a Rimmer (yes, I am doing a Red Dwarf reference here for that one) and well..it's been a long couple of weeks.

Expect posts up soon and I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

*starts to hum something from steam powered giraffe as he steps into a covered area with his tools*

Reply #1762
After some consideration I fixed this image to make the new phaser a little bit smaller:

BATTLE OF STARBASE 84

Just waiting for DocReno and Havenborn to post there before I chime in again. Posting underway in Usurpation. :)

Hope you all are having a great weekend! I am trying to get tickets to see Rogue One tonight so we'll see how that goes.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1763
Thanks for the welcome gus, things are going well working on my first character for the RP, Just got one large piece to do and then hopefully they'll be ready to join in the space adventure :)

On another note, I have almost fully ready up on all of the IC posts for Episode 4.

Reply #1764
Nice to hear you are progressing well with your character biography. I look forward to hearing what new fighter pilot we have coming up!

Well done on getting read up too. There's a lot of information in those old posts. :)

Reply #1765
Hi there everyone!

Work is being a bitch but more posts are on the way. Pardon the slight delay, but after tomorrow, there will be more time available. With my mind scrambled by all the deadlines, I have found therapy in some artwork and Wiki work.

NEW RYUAN SEL PINUP

http://auctor-lucan.deviantart.com/art/The-Mistress-at-Arms-Star-Trek-Theurgy-652156625

THE CAPTAIN OF THE USS ORCUS - MARCUS SLAYTON

http://auctor-lucan.deviantart.com/art/Captain-Marcus-Slayton-01-651176360

http://auctor-lucan.deviantart.com/art/Captain-Marcus-Slayton-02-651184323

Here is his character page on the Wiki! LINK

LINK: NEW JOINING PAGE

I have also updated our joining page a bit, hoping to make things easier for our new applicants:

Lastly, I also found a cute image of Leah Dizon,t he actress for K'Ren, so I made a quick image of her too:

ENSIGN K'REN, CALLSIGN NEKO

http://auctor-lucan.deviantart.com/art/Ensign-K-Ren-Callsign-Neko-652384940

Now, it is over 3 a.m. so I am withdrawing. G'night!

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1766
As always, amazing artwork Auctor. :)

And welcome aboard to our latest Theurgians. It's always great to see new talent join us, join a family of wonderful writers, well everyone but me, my writing is lousy.  ::)

Reply #1767
Love the Red Dwarf Reference, just finished reading that book in fact great stuff!

As for your writing skills SummerDawn, oh put a sock in it your writing is great, so keep up the great work and keep posting!

For you new folks, welcome to Space, it's cold, dark, big, and always has room for more great writers and cannon fodder for shooting at,  pew pew pew  boom!  I just sunk your battleship!

And as always, Auctor and the rest of the Art Crew, just bloody amazing work.  Non-stop goodness and eye candy for our Star Trekkie souls.

Anyways, Peace out and Happy Solstice Everyone,  (Yesterday) May you see many more!

Reply #1768
Oh great, James Bond is the newest enemy captain.  We're screwed  ;)

Reply #1769
Better yet, you've got James Bond going up against John Reese...

Reply #1770
Just wanted to say happy holidays everyone! :)

Reply #1771
Since we are celebrating Christmas on Christmas Eve here in Sweden, and  now that all my guest a have gone home, I'll take the opportunity to say Merry Christmas to all our Theurgists! :)

I reckon the majority of you will be busy tomorrow, but since I'm done,  I will likely be posting in Battle of Starbase 84 instead.

So, Merry Christmas! :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1772
Merry Christmas to all.

In the UK, Christmas has sort of transcended religion. In fact my Jewish, Muslim and Sikh friends are often more excited than the rest of us!

But anyway, I hope you can all find some joy around this festive period.

I will likely be posting in Battle of Starbase 84

The Christmas present we all deserve :)

Reply #1773
Morning from the US West Coast.

Happy Holidays, or whichever greeting is appropriate for your religious or non-religious observances. Hoping everyone gets a chance a chance to relax and spend time with friends and/or loved ones today, enjoying a good meal, and bracing for the barrage of boxing day sales tomorrow. :)

Reply #1774
Hopefully either later tonight after all the family festivities and meal, I shall hopefully then be able to provide a present to the Theurgy in the form of my Pilot character, just some little tweaks to be done and then hopefully get the green light to join you lot!. :)

Simple Audio Video Embedder