Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 414024 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #1425
A chance to play Dyan has actually come up with this post below too!

[DAY 04: Aftermath [1300 hrs.] Attn: All
http://houseeros.com/roleplay-role-playing-forum/index.php?topic=57732.0

This thread is for the benefit of the whole group of writers that have characters on the Theurgy, and its just a first post. At least one more will come up with will take care of the situation in Sickbay, where Lahkesis will be assisting Doctor Nicander in the treatment of Ryuan Sel. While that scene is for me and Absinthe, the thread is available for all other scenes in Theurgy's Sickbay as well in the aftermath of the Black Opal raid.

I owe a couple of more posts as well, and they are coming along as soon as they are written.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1426
8D With this news that we can make our own threads, would anyone like a scene with Dyan? I'd love to be able to get into her head a little more!

Would love to a thread where Miles and her hang out a bit after the mission wouldn't mind her and him meeting up in Below decks some time after he deals with the situation with Mav and after she gets back after everything with the opal is hashed out.

Possibly somewhere around 1600 hrs, maybe Miles accompanies the sec officers relieving her at Mav's quarters would be good since I have a thread where miles is with the counselor a little before 2000 hrs that day so there isn't any time conflicts.

Reply #1427
[DAY 04: Obligations & Priorities [1305 hrs.] Attn: Attn: All characters in Sickbay
http://houseeros.com/roleplay-role-playing-forum/index.php?topic=57740.msg1592891#msg1592891

Like I sad, while the scene posted here is for me and Absinthe, the thread is available for all other scenes in Theurgy's Sickbay as well in the aftermath of the Black Opal raid.

More posts are on the way. :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1428
Would love to a thread where Miles and her hang out a bit after the mission wouldn't mind her and him meeting up in Below decks some time after he deals with the situation with Mav and after she gets back after everything with the opal is hashed out.

Possibly somewhere around 1600 hrs, maybe Miles accompanies the sec officers relieving her at Mav's quarters would be good since I have a thread where miles is with the counselor a little before 2000 hrs that day so there isn't any time conflicts.

I'd love to do a thread with you! I do have a question, and forgive me for my ignorance on the topic of forum rp's, but am I required to wait until my scene with Zaraq is done to start a thread with you, or can I do so now regardless? Thank you for your patience! :-[

Reply #1429
The two of you may start a thread of your own at the given time that IronFerrox suggested, so no worries there! Please name your topic in the format already set on the board, though, so that everyone knows when the scene takes place.

BASE MODELLING PHASE OF THE USS ALLEGIANT COMPLETE

Omardex just sent me a link to show me the status of the Manta-class yacht, and the link was a showroom in Sketchfab where you can turn the model around and look at it from any kind of angle. It was so neat I just had to give you guys the link too.

Sketchfab Showroom Link - Manta-class Advanced Scout

The next phase is the texturing phase, obviously, so there is still a lot to do, but we are getting there!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1430
The Allegiant looks really cool, can't wait to see what it looks like finished.

Reply #1431
Thank you lucan! I've made a thread. Please let me know if anyone has any comments or critiques about my writing. I know it's not the best yet, and maybe I should write more than what I do, but I have a hard time not being 'flowery'.  :)

Reply #1432
OOOH manta class lookin good!

Too bad my Toaster of a laptop dont have a vidya card for shit so all it lets me mess with is a normal 360 on one axis view instead of a fully 3d multiple axis view

Reply #1433
Theurgy[/i]-Episode-01-Outbreak-Cover-Art-390257919]Star Trek: Theurgy, Episode 01: Outbreak Cover Art

While I was working on character images for a new applicant, I also updated the cover art for Episode 01 after an idea I had. Now, it features the Episode's two female antagonists on the cover, and the Niga plant is shown in a more omnious way. I also updated the ship to Thea's new class, but I did not have to the time to add the damages she suffered during the flight from Earth, which was just prior to the Episode's beginning. I might have time for it some other day. Enjoy!

Theurgy[/i]-Episode-01-Outbreak-Cover-Art-390257919]Star Trek: Theurgy, Episode 01: Outbreak Cover Art

Happy to see so many posts today, and I will be replying as soon as I can!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1434
Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself, I'm ChXinya, your newest Andorian buddy!  I may not be anywhere near as feisty as our ThanIda, but trust me, i can be a lot of fun ^^

I'll play the resident map-maker (a job made a lot harder when the Stellar Cartography lab got smashed back during the Niga event) so I guess if we get lost it's technically my fault (can I still blame Garmin in the 24th century?)

Our fearless leader went through all the trouble to make some pictures, so here I am:

Any questions for me?

Reply #1435
Welcome aboard ChiXinya and I hope you enjoy your time with us. I'm relatively new to the group too!

It's nice to see another non-pink skin around.  ;)

Auctor, I wasn't too sure on the Manta class when it was first announced, but after playing with the 3D model. She's definitely got curves to appreciate!

Reply #1436
Just thought I would tell you all now. I'm gonna be gone friday through sunday I have classes and will be presenting a research paper to 30 of my peers in class.

I might be able to read stuff, but I will not be able to post till monday.

Sorry Auctor, I will try to get a post for unfinished before I leave, but I can't make promises.

Reply #1437
Welcome aboard ChXinya! and I must say, those are some majestic looking eyebrows : o are they sentient?

Reply #1438
Welcome newbies, keep your arms outside the ride at all times and take care to ignore all safety warnings.

I should have a post up in the Aftermath thread soon, just been down lately with a cold and general post-convention fatigue.

Reply #1439
As for me, the semester is almost over so over the next few weeks I'll be getting ready for finals.  Yes, culinary students do have finals and they can be fucking grueling.  So my posting my slow down a little, especially during the last 2 weeks of April, and maybe the first of May as I take that time to recover.

There's days I wonder what possessed me to pick the culinary field for a second career, but somehow I always seem to remember that I love that stuff...

Reply #1440
Welcome again to all the newcomers! Hope you all enjoy your stay aboard our wonderful starship. I also hope that everyone feels better soon and good luck on the finals CV!

Reply #1441
Welcome aboard new recruits.  If your characters are interested in a group activity aboard the Theurgy like a holodeck adventure, auditioning for a play, or a weekly poker game contact me, particularly if your characters were supposed to 'be here the whole time'.  We can start a thread and I'll do my best to catch you up and provide some onstage exposition.  Hm, come to think of it, that sounds like something to invite the 'old hands' to as well.

Reply #1443
Indeed! Welcome to all you new writers in our midst and we are happy to have you. Thanks also to those that take the time to post their RL status in regard to writing, since it certainly helps me plan posting orders and such.

Now, here is something you might like!

PLEASE POST SUGGESTIONS FOR TEXTURES AND DETAILS ON THE USS ALLEGIANT

Here is the current status of the texturing process:

https://sketchfab.com/models/83a61b4a19c94840b7de405236946ed4

Omardex and I need your help with the finishing touches of the textures, with suggestions for the areas that are unfinished. You need not concern yourselves with the round tubes at the back, since I have an idea for them and will send Omardex my idea for these new kind of thruster engines. The phaser strips will be darker than the rest of the hull, and at the tips of the wings, where there is a wave-pattern now, there will be warp-coils. The impulse engine vanes at the back, those with four exhausts, so to speak, will be glowig red, just like on the Theurgy.

The help we need is panelling and details. I am thinking about adding small, subtle thruster assemblies at the front of the ship to allow for low-velocity control of the yacht, but any ideas you guys have for design is welcome at this point. I recommend looking at futuristic sport cars designs, especially at Lamborghini, Ferrari and those brands, to find ideas for cool details.

If you have ideas, please post them here, and I will take them to Omardex for consideration, but I might not be commenting on each entry, so don't be alarmed if I am silent - I am merely juggling this design progress along with applications, moderating the story and writing. :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1444
LCARSgfx WILL CREATE OUR SHIP'S NEW MSD!

IronFerrox and I have been looking at the difficulties of creating a new Deck Layout, and after a few trials and errors, even though IronFerrox managed to create the awesome starting-point of a new MSD for the Theurgy, we were having trouble going onwards from that point.

So, I figured why not ask an expert to help us out? So, indeed, I have now outsourced the project of making us a new Deck Layout and a really professional looking MSD to Alexander Richardson, AKA LCARSgfx, the very same artist that was hired to help making MSDs for Project Axanar. He has an Etsy-shop set up where you can browse his earlier work here: https://www.etsy.com/se-en/shop/LCARSgfx.

This file we will get will be a vectorised PDF that can be zoomed to infinity and still have a sharp image. If you browse the images in the shop, you will see the level of detail he is working in too. He has already started to work on making our MSD, and here are the first progress images he has sent me:

[Show/Hide]

There we go! Hope you like the development, and while it might have cost a few bucks, we will get it state-of-the-art.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1445
As much as I'd like to help, I'm not exactly sure how to go about giving suggestions for or making textures for the model. Do I link to textures online (that hopefully have a free-use license)? Or would I make some, and if I do how would I go about doing that? :,D I think it'd look neat to add some hand-painted features, like old Nose Art ( http://www.rsvlts.com/2015/03/19/wwii-planes-nose-art-photos/#3 ). Maybe an alien lady lounging on the side or something. Just my two cents though

Reply #1446
not so much keen on the pinup girls on the Allegiant idea.  That said I wouldn't be against the idea of  a few members of the wolves having a bit of nose art on their Valkyries if the Captain would permit such customization to the fighters.

Reply #1447
From a ground crew perspective, I'd be tempted to say no as well.  The art could obscure necessary labels, and something tells me the outer paint isn't just to make the ship look pretty but actually serves a real purpose.

Reply #1448
Wouldn't it be the exact same paint just different colors? Seems like flight decals would be pretty awesome.

Reply #1449
Mind you, I'd think that "successful combat sorties" markings might be appropriate.

Simple Audio Video Embedder