Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 414048 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #1450
Hey,
I figure I should catch everyone here up on a few things going on with me. 2 days ago a buddy of mine's sewer line backed up and flooded his basement. I wound up helping out and took a nasty fall (a grate had been moved and there was a deep hole that was hidden under the disgusting water, one second I was walking, the next I had one leg in the whole). Anyway i got a nasty gash on my leg. I didn't notice it right away and though it hurt I paid it no mind until the next day when it started to burn. I went to see a doctor and long story shorter I now have a staph infection on the back of my right knee.
I should be fine, but for the next 10 days I need to take medicine every 6 hours. Combined with my insomnia it means I will be on next to no sleep for awhile. This means I won't be able to do much writing, it's hard to concentrate one getting anything done.
I might be able to pound out a couple of posts here or there, but I can't promise anything.
I will keep you all updated. Hopefully the medicine works and I don't need to do anything more serious then a simple set of antibiotics.
I hope you're all doing better than me and my friend,
Stark

Reply #1451
As far as the nose art debate goes: It's possible that the nose art could also be a sticker or magnet, something that won't really interfere with the paint on the outer shell. It's just a suggestion! That being said, I'd be happy to try my hand at designing nose art if any of the lone wolves would like something custom? I'm not the best artist out there but I'd love to give it a try  :)

Absinthe: D8 Best wishes to you and your friend and hope you're healing well. Please do keep us posted. Stay healthy!

Reply #1452
Staph infections are no joke, take care of yourself and get better.

As for the nose art and sucessful combat stories markings and such I had mentioned a while back that the fighter designated as Miles's wolf 01 had multiple paint additions in the form of "kill" silhouettes.

Reply #1453
Hey there! ;)

I'm new, too, and happy to join your fabulous online roleplay group. It looks like a lot of fun, IC as well as OOC.
You can call me "Vio" or "Julia", I'm - probably to nobody's surprise - Star Trek fan and hope I'll make a great addition to your team. I'm looking forward to get to know you better, so feel free to message or talk to me. Especially if there's anything you think needs to be discussed.

@Absinthe and Fine Wine/Stark: It pains me to hear of your condition. I hope you'll get better soon!

Reply #1454
From one Cardassian to another, welcome aboard Julia!

I hope your meds are working Absinthe. Being ill is never fun.

Auctor, Just been looking over the LCARSgfx stuff. I bought an Akira class MSD from the guy a while back and can't wait to see what more he does for Thea.

Reply #1455
Thank you, Arista, I'm very happy to be here. Also, I've read your posts with Parnak and they always crack me up. ;D

Reply #1456
Hey Vio!!  C :

Reply #1457
Hi everyone,

Long time.

How's things been? I miss y'all, just so you know. :)

Oh, and I'm keen to return to Theurgy. I saw however, that at present, recruitment is no longer open, and I'm not entirely certain I would like to just jump back in and handle my two original and still-available characters (Heather McMillan & Krystal Tancredi). But what would you suggest? Assuming my presence is welcome...

>.>

<.<

:3

Reply #1458
yay the return of Hi'Jak's once and future drinking buddy!

welcome back Triage, I hope you are allowed to rejoin. -gives fruit basket as welcoming present-

Reply #1459
Well hello Julia, and welcome back Triage!

Reply #1460
Hi there!

In regard to "bumper-stickers" on the Allegiant, not so sure about that. On the Valkyries, I think notches or marks of some sort for successful sorties are good. If the pilot wants some kind of drawings on the hull, it would be smaller and more discreet ones that doesn't go against Starfleet regulations. As for the Allegiant, I think Omardex needs help with the deflector dish look the most, so if you guys could PM me your preferred look for it or post it here, it would be awesome. I think we got the panelling and hull sorted by now.

Absinthe, sorry to hear about your staph infection, and its great that you tell us what's going on. Best of luck to your friend to sort all that out and I hope you get better soon. I will help you with arranging so that F'Rell comes on the Allegiant too with my upcoming post. You need not vest any thought on arranging that, and I will PM you with more details if so required.

While I have already said so over PM at the end of the application processes, a very warm welcome to all our new writers here on Star Trek: Theurgy. I look forward writing with all of you, and make sure you are able to have a great time as best as I can.

If you want to come back, Triage, a warm welcome to you too! Unfortunately, I am not accepting any new characters at this point, so you will have to make due with re-starting your two available characters. I hope this won't deter you in your choice to return. I will PM you in regard to this today, so stay tuned. I hope life is easier for you now and that you are in good health.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1461
Thanks and hello to everyone!
And it would be cool if you returned to us, Triage.

Reply #1462
Welcome to all new arrivals!

Tags are coming from me tomorrow after work, but I just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed how things are developing. There's so much for a counselor to address, my biggest problem is trying to get to everybody!

~Lori

Reply #1463
Thanks, you guys

Oh, so, I'll be retaking Krystal Tancredi, just so everyone who's interacting with her is aware. Also, I've been practising up on my so-called southern drawl...which means I'm either gonna be worse, or even more goofy...or both. But it's sort of a given she's more than a little crazy, and I've been watching Deadpool, on repeat, which may not have been the smartest thing ever (hard to resist the urge to break the fourth wall). Anyway, point is, I will be writing Krystal, taking a little load off our beloved captain. :)

And if anybody would like to hear from little miss light-show, Heather McMillan, she's on the Theurgy privately hoping to geek out with somebody about anything and whatever, or about life, the universe and everything around it, and the answer's not "42"

By the way, just want to say props to Drana and her creativity of dialogues. Reading your posts along with Rose's Sera was highly entertaining. And I'm eager to see what the pair gets up to.

Reply #1464
Great to have you back Triage, and deadpool is a great choice in movie! I'll be sure to stay away from Tancredi on International Women's Day  ;)

I look forward to seeing your post and I imagine that Silim is about to get himself in a whole heap of trouble.

Reply #1465
This isn't the first time I hear Deadpool is good, and I'm more often than not wondering what to watch, when I want to watch something. I will keep that one in mind.

Reply #1466
Hi there everyone! Got some new eye-candy for you all.

THEA ANIMATION BATCH 02!

The second and final batch of animations from Vira Lanka is finished, and you can download it below. Hope you guys like these, since they are made from the ground up, with our model design, re-built to work in 3Ds, and then put in motion in uniquely created space environments, after over fifty revision requests from me to make them as best as they could be. Here are the download links:

Theurgy-class Animations 01: http://sta.sh/01sk4jdqgz1m
Theurgy-class Animations 02: http://sta.sh/0uv33rxreai (NEW!)

If you don't want to download them, the animations are also available on our Tumblr at these links:

01: http://auctorlucan.tumblr.com/post/141365291298
02: http://auctorlucan.tumblr.com/post/142372418688 (NEW!)

The detail level is acceptable, and better in the second animation. Vira Lanka got the hang of it the second time around.

Enjoy!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1467
-whistles and cat calls the ship-

Seriously though, the Theaurgy is very pretty I always love the Federation designs sleek and shiny with blue and chrome. The detail on the second animation with all the Valkyries flying around looks great, It's kinda fascinating to see the size difference, the Valkyries are like insects by comparison.

Reply #1468
They are insects by comparison. Reply made for Krystal. Enjoy, folks. And just so you know, normally I never swear, but Krystal's just the kind to pottymouth at a superior officer and it was too good to pass up. I also blame Deadpool. I totally, shamelessly blame him.

Not sure if I got everybody involved in the "Attn", so lemme know if I missed you :3

Reply #1469
Welcome back Triage and hello to all the new faces (once more). Looking forward to writing with all of you in the near future!
Also, I need to deadpool again... But first I need to do my dishes with youknowwho. ^^

Reply #1470
When Tristan Kendrick yelled "Silence!", all I saw was...

Reply #1472

Hello everyone! I have some news to share on a few different fronts so I thought it was time to do one of these. Again, welcome to all the new and returning writers and I look forward to the stories we will weave together.

NEW STAR TREK: THEURGY DATABASE

Indeed, not just talk and a fleeting idea any more. We now have our own "Memory Alpha" to build and store all the information we have been accumulating over the past 5 years we have worked on our story. The boards we have now are great, and they will be the heart of our little community since it is here we write and talk to each other, but when it comes to storing information in an accessible way, about our characters, ships, departments or tech, we are constrained by the character limit to each post, and finding information becomes an exercise in scrolling futility.

What we have now is an empty bookshelf, and I have yet to fix all the small details in the graphical layout (like green buttons and some text colours in the css stylesheet). It is now an empty bookshelf too, save for the sidebar menu and the entry of Captain Ives' character sheet. We have to stock this bookshelf with all the information we have in our info threads on this board of ours (including what I have marked in my PM inbox since the character limit have prevented me to add it).

It will be a lot of work, and I can't do it all myself. So, if members have experience with the coding markup used in wiki pages, please tell me and I will give you a login. It will be some work, and it will be repetitive, but once we have it all there, I think it will be a huge improvement. We will write here on our boards, and we will read up on relevant information in our database. I will add a link to the database in my signature when the time is due, and there will be a link above the Crew Manifest here on House of Eros, because I do plan to keep the actual Crew Manifest(s) here, but the links to the character sheets will lead to the database.

So, check it out! And please, let me know if you have the experience to work with wiki pages and can help out in stocking the bookshelf.

THE ALLEGIANT IS ALMOST FINISHED!

Omardex is tweaking the final stuff on our Captain's Yacht after I left him my final feedback (adding the name of the hull, removal of some of the dirt on the aft, improvement of the blue, red and orange details etc.), but I can't entirely express how content I am with the results. Check it out for ourselves! It turned out a lot better than I could imagine, and once he has fixed the final stuff Omardex will render the model for us in all its glory. I will update the floor plan image with a top view of this model, and change the other images we have of the yacht.

Hope you all like the outcome as much as I do, and now that Omardex is finishing up, he has more work to do for us, but since we have not ironed out the details yet, I will postpone revealing what his next project(s) is/are. Sufficed to say, it will be awesome.

LCARSgfx HAS ADDED THE ALLEGIANT TO OUR MSD AS WELL

The work on our MSD continues, and I certainly do not envy this awesome guy's task. Thea's size has him slaving over adding all the miniscule details on all her decks, and its a slow progress since he is dragging and dropping desks, chairs and doorways into the decks. It is a slow progress, and I almost feel bad for outsourcing this work to him, but at the same time, I would never have managed to do anything remotely as great as what he is doing for us.

With the pending completion of our Manta-class scout, I showed it to him and asked what he could do for us in terms of adding it to the MSD, and this guy got back to me within the hour, showing the results below:

[Show/Hide]

Complete with a waiting lounge, docking area and a maintenance bay just like the open space that we had surrounding the Allegiant in the grand finale of Episode 03, where Captain Vasser had his showdown with a few of our characters. This guys attention to detail and understanding of what I want in my requests are phenomenal.

THE VALKYRIE MK II PROJECTS IS IN ITS FINAL STAGES

After some silence from Pinarci, we have some unexpected progress in the Mk II Valkyrie Project too. You can check it out here: http://houseeros.com/roleplay-role-playing-forum/index.php?topic=57713.0

It may not have been what we originally asked for, but overall, I'd say we are getting a really good fighter! These are the fighters on the USS Resolve as well as many other carrier ships and starbases in Starfleet, and so this fighter will be getting a lot of air-time, so to speak, in our story. The Lone Wolves has the Mk III prototypes, but the rest of the fleet has this version, so it is time (and $) well spent for sake of our story in my opinion.

OPPORTUNITY FOR STAR TREK SOCIAL COMMENTARY IN "THE ACCIPITER"

The reason Stark Trek has endured for 50 years is not because it has cool space battles, remarkable aliens and iconic characters. It is because it's usually about something, often using social commentary about current issues in society to spark skepticism and question double standards in our society. Several times, we have done it here on Star Trek: Theurgy too, with the discussions about Thea's rights and access to her own systems and even theology.

Now, with my latest post in The Accipiter, I would welcome if we used this weapon demonstration scene to look at the necessity of armament from different perspectives. The gun-debate is raging in the US, and paralells could be drawn here too. If you guys want to, I would love if we used the opportunity for something that is a cornerstone in our beloved fandom - one of the lasting trademarks of the Star Trek franchise.

Unfortunately, not everyone will be able to participate. The Accipiter demonstration has the Senior Staff on the Theurgy present, but I am open to having the department heads actually inviting some officers of theirs to attend too. So, for example, if ch'Xinya or McMillan would like to raise their voices in this thread, then Tovarek would have brought him along too, just like Miles Renard has brought along some of the Lone Wolves. As of now, it is not ironed out exactly who are present beyond what the beginning of the thread says, and if people want in on this, it is easily arranged for.

So, in short, post away, and there is no posting order set. Just have at it with how you'd have your characters argue the finer points about the issue that has been raised in my latest post. Link: DAY 03: The Accipiter [1400 hrs.]

NEW DECK 01 FLOOR PLAN AND MAIN BRIDGE

Arista has been kind enough to solve a problem that has been on my list for some time since the new Theurgy-class starship was completed and we implemented it into our story. The bridge module as it is shown on the 3D model suggest an entirely different floor plan for Deck 01, and LCARSgfx also changed it around a second time in his rendition of it, so a compromise/solution needed to be found. Entirely unbidden, Arista PMed me, where he had seen the problem and addressed it, asking if I wanted help. So, while the final graphics of it has yet to be finished, we will be getting a slightly changed bridge and a new set-up for Deck 01.

First, here is the (while a seamless result from Arista) cobbled together graphics from the web that suggests the new Main Bridge:

[Show/Hide]

And here is the new Deck 01 floor plan, which makes a lot of sense to me:

[Show/Hide]

These are rough drafts and not at all the final result. The doors are not marked out yet, but these will be the starting points for this upcoming graphics project of mine to solve. If people want to weigh in on the general outline, please, do so here or over PM! :)

Some key points from Arista:
  • Conn/Ops down the front, with the usual Engineering, Science, Tactical around the walls. The consoles there are big enough to have two people use each console bank. The consoles on the railings I think would be misc consoles, which like on the voyager bridge between Janeway and Chakotay can be used by anyone, but mostly Seven of Nine.
  • At the back is where I think the most interesting part is. The back wall could have an MSD or mission data with the gray freestanding console being used as Mission Ops or Flight Ops for the fighters, like the Ops table in DS9 it could display local information relative to Thea, such as location of enemy ships and valkyries, or to display astrometric data.
  • The main reason behind the XO chair is that as Mission Ops isn't always used and as such, they'd need somewhere to sit during such a period.
  • Thea's Deck 01 floor is basically a mix between Prometheus, Intrepid and the NX-class Enterprise
  • !'d suggest that you should think about is whether you want to swap the security check point and the right turbolifts around.
  • A bed for Ives to rest while on duty and the entrance to the head are hidden behind a partition wall to cut down on the sheer amount of doors he would otherwise have in his ready room.
  • Ives can walk directly from his ready room to the command chair without having to move past any safety barriers.
  • Crew/guests are able to access deck 1 without having to go directly onto the bridge
  • Compartments accessing Jefferies Tubes (labelled Jeff tubes for space) are big enough to allow for vertical ladders and climbing space.
  • The Misc areas marked would be airlock pressurisation equipment etc.

Many thanks to you Arista for helping out with this, and I think the group will appreciate the focus on functionality and sense in this set-up.

LASTLY...

As for posting orders and prompts, I have sorted that over PM the latest couple of days, so I will spare the time to update a list of the current threads and who should be posting next in them. If anyone is unsure who's next to post, just PM me and I will sort it out asap.

Oh, and we have never been as large a group as we are right now. Including me, we are 21 people around the world that are writing this story together, and I think it is amazing how this long-surviving fandom has drawn us together to tell the tales of our characters. I hope you all will stay with us as we enter the next phase in Episode 04, where the Theurgy arrives to raise the call to arms.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1473
Oooh sweet Jack what are you getting yourself into?!?

Urge to send Krystal to Hi'Jak's rescue rising. XD

Must not let any harm come to drinking buddy. B|

Reply #1474
-drools and pants heavily-

We have a wiki now... O.O

That is so cool!

Also Hi'Jak gonna be hurt probably in more than one way, but it's always fun to watch.

Simple Audio Video Embedder