Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 414088 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #1550
Pwetty art is making me kinda sea sick at the moment, but still very pretty.

Surgery was critical success, Will be back online probably tomorrow or day after once I've slept off the cocktail of drugs they had to use to put me under.

Reply #1551
Thanks for the kind words on the artwork! Here is some more:

NEW ACTOR FOR WENN CINN

After Arista took over playing Wenn Cinn, he requested to change from Vin Diesel to Idris Elba. A wish that I have now accomodated.

Image 01

http://auctor-lucan.deviantart.com/art/Reborn-by-the-Prophets-618746932

Image 02

http://auctor-lucan.deviantart.com/art/Lieutenant Commander-Wenn-Cinn-618713021

Image 03

http://auctor-lucan.deviantart.com/art/Wenn-Cinn-Chief-of-Security-Star-Trek-Theurgy-618535355

Image 04

http://auctor-lucan.deviantart.com/art/Lieutenant Commander-Wenn-Cinn-Sparring-618534612

Crew Manifest (which has been updated)

Wiki Character Page

https://uss-theurgy.com/mediawiki-1.26.2/index.php?title=Wenn_Cinn

HoE Character Sheet (until we change the links to the Wiki)

http://houseeros.com/roleplay-role-playing-forum/index.php?topic=5458.msg1068067#msg1068067

This was a fun project, and it turned out better than I'd hoped. Still not too happy about the shirtless one where he is facing forward, I might replace that with something else but I have not found a good match yet. So, I left it out of the Crew Manifest image so that the wide image with the worm-hole could fit.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1552
wow love the new appearance of the calamity and the reavers as well as al of the new artwork.  Amazing work for all of it!

Reply #1553
Those new artworks are absolutely amazing, and I love how the Wiki turns out.

I'll have a visitor from 13th to 20th of July, and am uncertain if I'll be able to post that week at all. Just wanted to let you know early enough. I know my activity level has dropped, but I hope the worst part is over and posts by me will, again, come quicker from now on. Except for that particular week. ^^

Reply #1554
Artworks are awesome! Makes me feel a bit sad we don't have any actual Reaver tech left. Anyway great images, really submerges you more into the story in my opinion!

Also, Cinn looks a bit more menacing in my eyes now.

Speedy recovery Kaligos! And enjoy the visitors Julia ^^

Reply #1555
NEW ART - DRYDOCK, YEAR 2377

Thanks for all the kind words, and here is some more eye-candy for you all:

The U.S.S. Theurgy before its commissioning in 2378. Vector assembly complete, internal construction commencing while the three parts of the ship are integrated in SOM (Standard Operation Mode) for the first time.

TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP - DRANA

Sadly, Drana is no longer a member of the Star Trek: Theurgy Group anymore because of lacking posting activity. She was contacted continuously, but even though she has come on the site a couple of times, she has not replied, so I suppose I should interpret that as a silent acceptance to her membership being terminated. So, since Drana made no request to not have them put up for inheritence, her two characters will either be killed or put in stasis during Episode 04, unless they are inherited by another writer.

If anyone who would like to overtake either of these character below and both 1) doesn't have too many characters and 2) also can keep up posting for another one, should contact me with such a request over PM. Again, my policy on this is very loose, meaning that the one who cries out first and I think can keep up with playing her gets to inherit the character. If there are no takers, the characters will be will still be kept as NPCs that is available to be played for all writers in the Group (within reason, of course) until they are put in stasis or killed during the battle to come. I will likely write them in my next post in Tensions Rising, just to solve the scene in the Briefing Room on the Resolve.

Here are the characters, with links to their character pages:

Ens. Kanti MacTavish         Wolf-08 [Gun-Shy] [NPC]

- Available to be played by all members

PO1 Melissa Wright            Weapons Maintenance Officer Starbase 84 [NPC]

- Played by All Members Within Reason

Worth mentioning also is that Zaraq, Cir'Cie and Maal are all still available too, along with those that Absinthe left behind (see earlier post in this thread for links)

It's sad to see members leave, and even more sad when they do so without a word about why they do so.

UPCOMING STUFF

The deck plan update of the Fighter Assault Bay is nearly finished, and along with it, the Deck 01 plan as well. They will be showcased here soon, perhaps as soon as tomorrow.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1556
For those of us here who aren't just fans of star trek and science fiction but are fans of  Real life science and space exploration, looks like we are one step closer to taking the big leap into the final frontier.

Juno looks to be in a stable 53.5-day orbit around Jupiter and has oriented itself towards the sun.  In other words Nasa now an activel transmitting solar powered probe in a stable orbit around Jupiter after a 1.8 billion mile 5 year journey.

Once it makes the big orbits it will begin several 15 day orbits during the science phase of its mission before it concludes its mission via a controlled decent into Jupiter itself within the year 2018.

In short  Congrats to NASA Earth now has a satellite/probe orbiting Jupiter.

Reply #1557
Right, so, thats a lot of awesome art, Lucan! Like, drool worthy art.

Havenborn - Sorry if my post made things a little bit difficult. wasn't inteded to do anything but help move the story along.

Member loss - that always sucks, but RL comes before anything else. I wish them all the best.

my Posts  - are over do. The past two weeks at work have been hell, and then i was gone for a much needed weekend away with the wife. I'll be traveling home today (posting this from the hotel while she gets ready to check out) and should be able to focus on posts tomorrow, hopefully.

Jupiter Probe - is awesome. I read about that earlier this morning and am suitably geeking out.

Reply #1558

Thanks for all the kind words on the artwork! :) I do make it for all you guys after all.

ENSIGN RYUAN SEL HAS A NEW PLAYER!

Ens. Ryuan Sel               Mistress-at-Arms

- Played by SummerDawn

With Absinthe leaving us, and with SummerDawn showing interest in Ryuan Sel, he will take over playing her as of this day, and play her in full as if she was a character of his own. Good luck with your new character! :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1559
UPDATED FIGHTER ASSAULT BAY

I have the distinct pleasure to show you all the new deck plan for the Fighter Assault Bay. Below is a small image for sake of this forum's limited view, but here are links that will show you the bay in its full glory:

Theurgy[/i]-Fighter-Assault-Bay-507520121]
LINK: Full Resolution DeviantArt View: http://auctor-lucan.deviantart.com/art/Star-Trek-Theurgy-Fighter-Assault-Bay-507520121

UPDATED MAIN BRIDGE & DECK 01 PLAN

Not only has the Fighter Assault Bay got itself a face-lift. Here is also THea's Deck 01! This is based on Arista's rough draft, and like the FAB above, it was a collaboration between me and LCARSgfx that resulted in the below deck plan. Hope you all like it too!

Theurgy[/i]-Deck-01-Layout-520808399]
LINK: Full Resolution DeviantArt View: http://auctor-lucan.deviantart.com/art/Star-Trek-Theurgy-Deck-01-Layout-520808399

OMARDEX GAVE US A FREE ANIMATION!

Oh, this exceeded all my expectations. While Vira Lanka made good stuff, his animations were made with a translated 3D Max copy, but check this out. This is the original Thea model put into motion. It is simplistic, but majestic. I added the sound and the logo at the end, that's all.

Hope this finds you all well and now that I am on vacation for 5 weeks, I should be able to pick up in activity after some intense work weeks behind me. :)

Looking forward to the feedback on these whenever you guys find the time.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1560
Wow these are awesome! and also that animation is very pretty... was anyone else expecting it to go to warp or was it just me?

The deck plans really help to actually visualize how this ship works.

Reply #1561
I definitely appreciate the bridge deck layout. There's a lot more up there than just the bridge and the captains ready room on this ship :)

The animation of Thea was pretty sweet as well. I really liked the liquid animation for the logo at the end (but the ship stole the show).

Reply #1562
Thank you Auctor,

Loving the artwork by the way. Pretty epic stuff we're seeing.

I hope people enjoy my take on Ryuan Sel. The gruff exterior everyone sees is only the surface of the women and I hope to bring a bit more soft center to the character. Her confidence in her invincibility was shattered during the black opal raid and like a phoenix , a wiser and perhaps softer Sel will emerge, a girl confident in her abilities but also aware of her limitations and more open to life emerging from the ashes of her former self. Look forward to seeing how the starbase raid shapes up. :)

Reply #1563
Oh, quite so. :) Lovely new avatar too, SummerDawn.

Hmm, I figured that the animation deserved something more, so I asked someone to help out making it even better - adding his voice to it. So happy he agreed. Take a look at the updated version, and needless to say, please unmute it. *grins*

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1564
XD that is an awesome soundalike. I laughed my ass off when I heard that.

Reply #1565
Just to inform you all, I will be away for a week starting on monday 18/7 till monday 25/7.
So I won't be able to reply, but I will be able to read.

Reply #1567
Just to inform you all, I will be away for a week starting on monday 18/7 till monday 25/7.
So I won't be able to reply, but I will be able to read.

Like Nolan, I too will be away over the same period (No, we're not running away together before anyone asks ;) )

I will definitely read all the updates and I will attempt to post where possible.

Reply #1568
Hey guys sorry I was afk for a while.. everyone in my house got pretty sick all at once and I've been tending to all of that over the last week or so. I realize I'm up on the posting order so give me a day or two and I'll have a post up for Six and A'vura as soon as I can! :D

~Vys
"You wish to knock over cows? What is the significance of this? Do you derive pleasure from such things?" - Ensign Six

Reply #1569
Hey guys!

Just a quick note that I'm back. And it's my turn, as I see it. Right? I'll make sure to post soon.
Thanks to everyone who replied to my last message, too. =)

Julia

Reply #1570
I'm more of a TNG and beyond fan, but I saw the new movie yesterday and was very entertained. I'm not one of those fans who has canon information memorized, and I'm sure those who do will have gripes, but I thoroughly enjoyed the ride and would encourage anybody interested to go see it!

Reply #1571
I saw it yesterday too and I loved it. Finally one of the new Trek movies actually felt like Trek!

I'm more of a TNG and beyond fan, but I saw the new movie yesterday and was very entertained. I'm not one of those fans who has canon information memorized, and I'm sure those who do will have gripes, but I thoroughly enjoyed the ride and would encourage anybody interested to go see it!

Reply #1572

... INCOMING TRANSMISSION ...

Hi everyone! I have yet to see the new Star Trek movie but I am thrilled to hear people are saying that it was good! I will make sure to see it as soon as possible, perhaps even as soon as tomorrow if fortune favours me. As for Star Trek: Theurgy, we have a big day today. Not so much an anniversary, since we had our 5 year birthday back in May, but today, a gargantuan project that a lot of people have been contributing to has become finished enough to implement into our day-to-day writing. I am talking, of course, of our Wiki database!

As of today, I have archived all our old information threads and character sheets, and I have updated the links in our Crew Manifest as well as Non-Crew Listings (where characters on the USS Resolve etc. are listed) so that all links now lead to the Wiki database instead. But not only have the links in our two remaining threads on the main board been updated, for we still need to reach the information in the Wiki easily enough from here on our Forum, right? I mentioned it in passing when the project started out, but here it is: our new Wiki link-page here on House of Eros!

This link page is supposed to be a short-cut to the different parts of the Wiki, but we cannot possibly add all the existing pages to it. That being said, you will notice that all (ALL) characters are listed there, and that is including the NPCs that Doc M. has tirelessly been adding to the Wiki over the past few weeks. The majority of them have faces too, and I hope you all can appreciate just how much work Doc M. has put into this project, not just in terms of the NPCs, but in updating pages across the whole Wiki too. Thank you so much, Doc M., for the 641 updates you've made this far!

I have mentioned others before as well as we have been working on the Wiki, and I take this opportunity to thank Arista, SummerDawn and IronFerrox again for all the help. I have no idea how many hours I have spend on the Wiki personally, and I am not sure I want to know. I think it looks pretty good even if there is always need for improvements in the Wiki design. I would have liked to finish the Department pages before we launched the Wiki, but I decided that we'll go ahead anyway so that we can start using it. There will always be things to add to the Wiki, so make sure to ask for a login whenever you guys want to make a first contribution! I hope everyone out there can appreciate how much work this has been, but more importantly, how much better a solution this is when we need to look something up while we write our posts.

Feedback on this is is most welcome, and make sure to check the main board of ours and try out clicking your characters' names just to make sure they go to the Wiki instead of the old character sheets.

AC-507 Mk I Reaver

I also have the pleasure to announce that Pinarci finished the Reaver for us, and it turned out much better than I'd imagined. Check the images below!

I am working on the Reaver's page on our Wiki, but its only 50 % finished or so. Here it is anyway, and it might be work checking just to see those new weapons from the future up close. Link: https://uss-theurgy.com/mediawiki-1.26.2/index.php?title=AC-507_Mk_I_Reaver

NEW MK III VALKYRIE ART

I also thought I'd showcase this new piece I finished, and I hope you Lone Wolves writers out there like it as much as I do. :)

LCARSgfx HELPED REFINE THE ALLEGIANT

What started out with a quick job to give our Captain's Yacht, the USS Allegiant, a Master Systems Display become a bit more after LCARSgfx started to work on it. He found, in his experience and know-how, that the Manta-class scout would be perfectly able to have two decks instead of one, and after some lengthy discussions and me making sure the story we have written this far would not need to be updated if we did it, I approved the idea. So, not only did we get an MSD for the Allegiant, but a new deck plan as well. Check below, and I hope you also like the last one - where she is seen docking with Thea.

DEVIANT ART GALLERY SORTED

Worth mentioning is also that I have organised our artwork a bit so that it is easier to find graphics pertaining to the different ships we have in our story. You can check the sub-folders on the left hand side here: http://auctor-lucan.deviantart.com/gallery/

LASTLY

Oh, we have over 500 watchers on Deviant Art now! That means that when we (I) am ready, and we announce that recruitment of new members is open again, 500 people will learn about it when I make a journal entry on DeviantArt. We also have over 400 followers on Tumblr, so perhaps there is someone there that want to jump aboard too? We'll see. As of now, I have no time-frame in mind for when we ought to open up for new recruits again. What I would like to do, personally, is to finish the trailer project too since that would prevent me from having to redo the work I have done so far on that project - new characters prolonging that huge project(s) since they would like to be in it too with their characters.

As for posting, summer does steal some time from people, but I am confident that those who are next in their respective threads will come around to post soon enough so that we can make the story hit the next phase. Likewise, if there are people out there wanting to write any particular scenes in the Interregnum, now is the time, since we can't be writing there indefinitely. We will have the Theurgy reach Starbase 84 in just a couple of weeks, so make sure you have had your fill of writing R&R. I will be sending out personal posting reminders over the course of the next couple of days to help people along as best as I might.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1573
Hm..wouldn't mind trying out one of those Reavers with Husker.

Reply #1574
Yeah, heh, they are quite menacing.

Dammit... that's what I get for doing things 3 am in the morning. I was supposed to give you this link in the newsletter!

WIKI LINK PAGE

It is our new link page leading to pages on the Wiki. :)

It can be found on our main board. Well, there you go!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Simple Audio Video Embedder