Skip to main content
Topic: Day 10 [1630 hrs] Zark's School of Hard Knocks (Read 4127 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Day 10 [1630 hrs] Zark's School of Hard Knocks

Reply #25
[Lt (JG) XamotZark zh’Ptrell (Lt. Zark) | Holodeck 3 | Deck 21 | Vector 03 | USS Theurgy] Attn: @Dumedion

Zark only took a brief moment to look up as Talia put her tray on the table as she piled the octopus on top of the garden salad.  "It's very dangerous." The Andorian agreed when Talia pointed at the mud pie.  "This is the main reason I look the way I do instead of like you.  I just eat everything I come across.  One of my biggest vices."  Zark explained to Talia.  "Lots of exercise is the only reason I don't end up blowing up like a balloon." Zark continued her work as a small portion of French vinaigrette was drizzled on top.  A standard issue Starfleet fork stabbed it's way through a piece of octopus and multiple pieces of vegetable before disappearing into the blue maw.  The process repeated itself several times as the salad plate disappeared at a steady pace.  The security officer took a moment to watch Talia eat as she chewed and it was an impressive sight as her own pile was demolished.  Looking over Talia's shoulder, she could see several men and women surreptitiously watching the two eat more than they were.  The blue-green eyes swept the cafe with less discretion and locked vision with everyone as she smiled.  Most went back to what they were doing, while a few smiled back and shook their heads.

Zark had finished her salad and grabbed the targ sandwich.  A quick dip of the wedge into the jus and into the mouth went the mess.  Zark leaned forward as a dribble of jus escaped her mouth and her free hand covered her mouth to staunch any further flow.  The Andorian quickly grabbed a napkin to dab the sauce as the meaty, smokey, savoury, and nutty explosion of meaty flavour was fantastic and the Andorian felt her cheeks dimple in a grin as she chewed.  "It's really good.  I think the culinary staff out did themselves with this one."  Zark told Talia after she'd had a moment to process what she was eating.  "It's a bit on the tough side, but I think that describes almost all Klingon food.  Maybe they like to feel the chew."  She took a sip of the blue wine, then another bite. 

As the two spent their time eating, Zark looked at the smokey, muscular pilot and smiled internally.  The Andorian had chosen one of the most unusual way to get to know another person.  The internal smile faded as she remembered the the steps to where they went from beating each other senseless, to happily munching on large quantities of food, and with promises of doing other things later.  The universe worked in strange ways.  Maybe the food choice wasn't the most energetic, but the Andorian did feel the tugs of fatigue as she'd forced the body to heal at a much higher rate, so after fuelling, they'd both need some rest.  With these merry thoughts, the Andorian broke off a piece of pie and savoured the rich flavours of chocolate and coffee.  If this day kept going, all the better, if not, there was always another day.

Re: Day 10 [1630 hrs] Zark's School of Hard Knocks

Reply #26
[Ens. Talia "Shadow" Al-Ibrahim | Arboretum Café | Deck 20 | Vector 03 | USS Theurgy] Attn: @RyeTanker
[Show/Hide]
“Nothing wrong with having a few vices,” Shadow arched a brow at Zark, a slight smile curved her lips as she chewed the last few bites of tuna, “and I’d be happy to help you out in the gym any time, if you want.” Dark eyes drank in the details of the Andorian across from her, then panned to the other patrons briefly before settling on the greenery of the park. It was almost...surreal. A week ago, Talia had just woken up from six months of cryogenic hibernation, dead to the world. Then I woke up here and nothing made any damn sense. Now its almost...getting normal.

As Zark enjoyed her desert, Talia busied herself rearranging the containers on her tray for recycling, and enjoyed the relative quiet of the hushed conversations and open air of the Arboretum. Her abs and ribs still ached, but with her belly full the dull pain was easily ignored; the body had its fuel, and was desperate to shut down, digest, and heal the damage. Shadow blinked slowly, leaning back into her chair with a satisfied sigh. It had certainly been an interesting day.

“So,” Talia grinned at Kali, folding her hands over her full belly, “up for another session? Same time, same place, say...a few days?”

Either way, Talia had plenty of work to do before then, and plenty to think about – mostly due to the lovely Andorian – but she had come to her own conclusions as well. It was time to accept some changes; life on the Theurgy had already proven to be vastly different than anything Shadow had ever known. If she was going to live, and not just survive, it was high time she started doing something about it. Baby steps, though, the pilot smirked.

-FIN-

Simple Audio Video Embedder