Skip to main content
Topic: Day 20 [1650 hrs.] My Kingdom for a Duotronic Interphase Core Kicker! (Read 7288 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Day 20 [1650 hrs.] My Kingdom for a Duotronic Interphase Core Kicker!

Reply #25
[Lieutenant Alistair Leavitt| Haqqa Haqqa Depot | D’Takka | Qo'nos ] Attn. @Dree @Ellen Fitz
[Show/Hide]

It only took a few minutes for Reika to work through the problem, but those few minutes were thick with tension. Standing in the hallway above Dok's unconscious form, Alistair felt painfully exposed, even knowing that he actually had great cover right next to him in the form of a hectagonal structural frame. It occurred to him that it might even be a design feature, knowing Klingons; it made sense that they'd design their hallways with battle in mind.

His heart hammering amidst the tense silence, his hand gripping his phaser tight, Alistair started when Reika called out to him. After answering, intensely grateful for how fast she'd worked, he crouched down and placed a hand on Dok's back...then, at Reika's signal, tapped his combadge.

Moments later, the four of them fizzled out of existence.

[Lieutenant Alistair Leavitt | PCU | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 2 | USS Theurgy ]

After he materialised in familiar surroundings, Alistair finally relaxed, exhaling. Indeed, he was so relieved that he completely missed that the transporter had stood Dok up, but fortunately, the doctor was on the ball. Instead, after wincing apologetically at the doctor, he stepped away, holstered his phaser and tapped his combadge.

"Leavitt to Bridge. We were just attacked at the Haqqa Haqqa depot in...uh...right, D'Takka. The quartermaster was injured, so we brought him and one of the attackers here." Alistair frowned as something clicked; why had Reika gone to the trouble of taking the Romulan, and more, how had she recognised him? Shaking the thought off, he continued, "I recommend that you inform the Klingon military of the security breach immediately."

After that was settled, Alistair moved over to stand by Reika. With the adrenaline fading, the stinging from his back doubled, but he forced himself to ignore it, gritting his teeth. Instead, looking at the Romulan as the medical staff treated him, he asked quietly, "What did you say his name was? Haren...Har..."

Realisation hit him like a sledgehammer. "Hirek?" he blubbered in shock. "That Hirek!?"

Reply #26
[ Hirek tr’Aimne | Haqqa Haqqa Depot | D’Takka | Qo'nos ] Attn. @Griff  @Dree  @Dumedion

Hirek groaned as consciousness returned. His body had the expected throbbing ache resulting from a heavy stun. The back of his head pounded where he’d smacked it against the floor in his collapse – as he presumed he’d been sent backward onto his back by the beam when it hit – but the sharp pain on his face was a surprise. A moment passed between his initial moaning signal of regaining consciousness and deciding to open his eyes. A moment during which he recognized the background din of Theurgy and the voices chiming around him were speaking in Federation Standard, without a Klingon accent. Opening his eyes, Hirek vision was hazy at first but eventually cleared enough to study the form of the Trill doctor he’d had little interaction with up to this point.

“Con-“ Hirek winced, clearing his throat, then began again. “Contact Lieutenant Commander Pierce.” Thanks in part to the rapid swelling of his nose, Hirek’s voice had a distinctive nasal quality. His gaze wandered away from the Trill, skirting over Alistair and Reika, and landing on the unconscious Klingon on the biobed beside him. “Let her know the bait has been deployed and the mark contacted. She should be able to take it from here.”

He took a deep breath to ascertain if any other areas of his body were hurting that technically shouldn’t. He first looked to Alistair, curious if he’d been the one to shoot him and perhaps do something to his face while unconscious. If Madsen had told him anything about how they’d first met, it was entirely likely he felt sympathy frustration for him out of loyalty to his lover. Hirek then adjusted his gaze to study Reika, satisfied to see she wasn’t hurt in any obvious way, though she did appear a bit rattled.

“I was going to add ‘no casualties’ to the report since I managed to keep the Klingon mark from killing the quartermaster, but,” he reached up to cradle his swollen nose, “I think my nose must be listed now. What did you do?” His playfully accusatory stare darted to everyone in the room, save the still unconscious quartermaster.

Reply #27
[Lieutenat Reika Sh'Laan] Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 2 | USS Theurgy] @Dumedion @Ellen Fitz @Griff

From one flutter of activity to another.  Once they had dematerialized from the planet and rematerialized in the very familiar confines of sickbay, Reika’s stomach pitched.  Four times in sickbay in less than a week - and three times in one day was way too much for anyone.  It’s not like she had gotten good news that morning, and in the afternoon, she had brought in an overly intoxicated barmaid and now, she was back once again with another motley crew.

One of which was Hirek.  Hirek.  It was just two evenings ago that the pair spent the night together.  He had made it immensely clear that an aloof partner was a safe partner and Reika had encouraged him not to give up on love.  They had an understanding…to a point, and the Andorian had no idea how he would take to her already having fallen head over heels with someone. 

Between her thought straying to Hirek and trying to get her bearings in regards to where everyone was and everyone’s condition, she caught the question from the doctor - one she had not yet seen. “We were in a firefight.  My best guess is that the Klingon was hit by a stun weapon because Leavitt said he was breathing.  Hirek, the Romulan,” Reika nodded his direction, “was hit by a phaser blast from the other Lieutenant over there.”  She gestured to Alistair. “And that same Lieutenant was hit by falling debris in a Klingon depot as part of a catwalk collapsed.”

Once her report was given, she leaned against a biobed and briefly closed her eyes wanting to ground herself once again after their harrowing adventure on the planet and now the bustle of activity when they arrived shipside.  “Oh,” she said turning around to look at the doctor and his accompanying nurse, “and I’m shaken, but not stirred.”  Hoping her quip would fall on favorable ears.
Lieutenant Reika Sh’laan, Assistant Chief of Operations (V3) [Show/Hide]
Ensign Sashenka Kreshkova, Unassigned Wolf Trainee [Show/Hide]

Reply #28
[LT Arven Leux | Recovery Ward | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 2 | USS Theurgy] Attn: @Griff @Dree @Ellen Fitz 
[Show/Hide]
After administering a standard pain suppressant (he had to look up the Romulan equivalent and proper dose), Arven pulled the patient’s hand away from his bloody nose and slid the biobed’s scanner into place as the other two beam-in’s nearly spoke over each other. He caught a few pertinent details - the injuries, mostly, and discarded the rest as irrelevant for the immediate future. His fingers tapped out a command, and the Romulan’s outer layer of clothes covering his torso was instantly suctioned off into the folds between the bed, recycled into atoms. Leux’ brows jumped at the patient’s question, while he scanned his chest cavity for internal injuries.

“Technically, you did it – well, gravity helped. Excuse me,” Arven’s attention snapped to Florez and the other patient; the unconscious Klingon’s legs were twitching in time with the nurses grunts of effort. The Trill slid over, head cocked at the young man who seemed to be trying to manipulate the bony plates of the Klingon’s nose ridge back into place. “Uh, what are you doing, stop that – you can’t snap them back into place like that. You have to lift, then push. Your just grinding bone, here, watch.” After batting the nurse’s hands away with a shooing motion, Arven froze, his hands hovering over the Klingon’s face as his violet eyes narrowed. “Its recessed. Oh, good,” he sighed, then moved to the supply cabinet for the proper tools: twin prongs, roughly as long as his forearm, which he pinched together with a smile as he returned.

“Pain meds kick in yet,” he asked the Romulan as he passed, his eyes running over the scanner. No serious head trauma, chest wound superficial – light internal bruising. Nothing pressing.

“Right,” Arven deadpanned at Florez, but a sudden comment from the Andorian had caught the nurse’s full attention. The Trill cocked a dark brow her way, then glanced back at the nurse. “Dude, really? Zark will pretzel the shit out of you, c’mon,” he whispered.

“I'd die happy - and uh, that’s not Zark,” Florez whispered back with a frown.

Leux blinked at him, then looked back at the Andorian, then back at Florez and shook his head. “You sure? Whatever, look – can we focus, Flo, this is kind of important,” he gestured to the Klingon with the prongs. “I’m gonna shove these up into his nasal cavity, lift the plate back, then you need ready to pinch that sucker shut otherwise we’re going get hosed. This is a fresh uniform too, so don’t screw this up. Ready?” Arven shoved the utensil up the Klingon’s nose before the nurse even replied, pushing it in deep until he felt an obstruction, then popped it down under that with a grunt, then pushed up and over with an audible, wet crunch. “Perfect,” the Trill grinned, then yanked the bloodied metal device out just as Florez’ fingers pinched the Klingon’s nostrils shut. “There, another medical miracle. Dermal regenerator for the internals, but don’t heal the scar – not until he wakes up and tells us he doesn’t want it. Klingons are...finicky that way,” he shrugged, then turned to face the Romulan and the others.

“Right, Miss, uh...shaken, was it,” he pointed at the Andorian, then gestured to her friend that looked ready to keel over. “Could you assist your associate to a bed before he falls over, please and thank you,” Arven flashed a smile as he approached the side of the Romulan’s bed, tossing the bloodied prongs onto a towel-covered table for disposal later. “Hows it hanging? Lets take a look,” he cocked his head, looking under the medical scanner. A minuscule blue light was tending his chest wound, slowly re-knitting the flesh around the Romulan’s nipple.

“Oof, almost lost something – that would have sucked,” the Trill frowned at him, then picked up a regenerator to tend to his broken nose. As the device hummed to life in his hand, Arven shot a dose of anti-inflammatories into the patient’s bicep, then arched a brow at Ms. Shaken and her friend. “So, they shot you huh? Seems rather uncalled for – I’m sure you didn’t do anything to deserve such treatment,” he commented dryly. “Oh, that might sting a bit,” he warned the patient belatedly with a nod to the hypo. "Either of you two know who this Pierce is that our friend here mentioned," he asked the others, while keeping his eyes on his work.

About that time the Klingon grunted, then roared back to consciousness.

Reply #29
[Lieutenant Alistair Leavitt| PCU | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 2 | USS Theurgy ]
 Attn. @Dree @Ellen Fitz @Dumedion
[Show/Hide]

Amidst the flurry of activity and conversation around him, Alistair was thoroughly lost, still coping with a rather stunning realisation: he had just shot a crewmate. Sure, there were mitigating circumstances, but still, he shot a crewmate. It was sheer dumb luck that he hadn't thought to increase the phaser setting as he was trained to, given the Klingon's resilience to stuns. He had just come within a hairsbreadth of murdering an ally.

The thought was nauseating, not helped when Reika explained what had happened with all the tact of a rhino. He winced as he looked at Hirek, raising a hand in greeting. "Uh...that was me, sorry, I shot you," he said awkwardly. The apology was drowned out by the gruff doctor, so rather meekly, Alistair followed orders and walked to a biobed on the other side of the bay, next to the unconscious Dok. With the cut along his back stinging more and more, he sat down and started to remove his jacket and shirt, grimacing all the while.

"Uh, Reika," he said to his counterpart as he shrugged out of his gold shirt, "you can get out of here if you want, there's no reason to stay. One of us needs to report this mess to...uh...whoever we need to report this too. Lieutenant Pierce to start with, I guess, and Commander Akoni, then maybe Commander Stark later on if she calls us." Finally barechested, blood trickling down his back, he smiled at Reika. "Thanks for coming with me. I would've been in real trouble if you hadn't been there."

A hoarse voice interrupted them. "Urgh...what....where..." Alistair glanced over his shoulder to see Dok groggily awakening, looking blearily around at his surroundings. Still clad in armour, Dok looked very much out of place on the soft biobed, especially amidst the bright colours of a Starfleet sickbay. The quartermaster adjusted quickly, however, eyes focusing on the nurse tending to him.

"Take it easy, you've been injured," Nurse Florez said soothingly. "You're aboard the starship Theurgy, and we've already contacted-"

Dok grunted, waving off Florez's explanation as he propped himself up on his elbows, then looked around properly. His eyes fell first upon Reika, then Alistair, then upon Hirek, and his eyes widened. "Treachery..."

In a whirl of movement, Dok shoved the nurse away and rushed to his feet, drawing a nasty-looking knife at the same time. "Starfleet thinks they can breach my depot without consequence!?" he roared. "We sheltered you, protected you from your enemies, and you repay us with thievery? The Empire will see you all flayed for this!"

Alistair was the first to answer, hopping to his feet and approaching Dok cautiously, hands up. "Quartermaster, I swear to you, we didn't-"

Dok sprang forward, stabbing with his knife, but Alistair stepped inside the attack, slapping it away before grabbing the old Klingon's wrist, the two men struggling mightily over the weapon. Acting on desperate instinct, Alistair hurled a punch with his free hand into Dok's face, then again, and again, striking as hard as he could. Dok looked dazed, but a moment later he growled, eyes full of lethal intent, and Alistair belatedly realised what was about to happen.

"Oh shit," he whispered.

Dok rammed his forehead into Alistair's face, sending the human back a few steps, before slashing him across his bare chest, crimson blood flying through the air. With one opponent vanquished (or, more accurately, collapsing against a biobed in pain), Dok turned his attention to the others, assessing threats.

Reply #30
[ Hirek tr’Aimne | Haqqa Haqqa Depot | D’Takka | Qo'nos ] Attn. @Griff  @Dree  @Dumedion

Reika’s no-nonsense tone was almost amusing, considering the circumstances. Hirek listened with just as neutral facial expression as she explained their encounter in the briefest of details to the doctor. He was glad she could jest still. It showed resilience and let Hirek know she was far less rattled and injured than himself or his shooter. As the doctor interjected with his own equally brief explanation for his Hirek’s nose hurt before moving to assist the nurse with the unconscious Klingon, Hirek turned his gaze toward the bald human male.

To his credit, Alistair looked akin to ill as he confessed to shooting Hirek. While a portion of Hirek found amusement in the man’s discomfort, the more significant portion of his mind was already determining what steps needed to be taken to safeguard his cover planetside among the black market dealers in case Pierce wanted a repeat performance later down the road. The doctor’s question about pain meds interrupted Hirek’s thought process, and he nodded in response. While he still felt a few aches here and there and could tell there was continued throbbing around the wound on his chest and his swollen nose, for the most part, the pain was receding.

The sudden suction of his clothing away from his body earned an eyebrow raise from the Romulan. Still, Hirek didn’t comment on it as the dermal regenerator worked on the stun-induced abrasion millimeters from his nipple. From his bio-bed, Alistair muttered an apology. Then, the doctor chirped a few dry humor quips and a belated warning from the hypospray as he continued to work on Hirek. Fully accustomed to the sting of a hypospray and the type of bedside manner this doctor seemed to be exhibiting, Hirek chuckled.

“No, I gave them no choice in the matter. Had to keep my cover, so I shot wildly at their position, then purposefully put myself in the line of fire. It was actually a good thing that Alistair landed the shot. I doubt the Klingon mark had his disruptor set on stun.” Hirek nodded in Alistair’s direction, figuring he could tell Alistair to slowly break the story to Madsen, prolonging her enjoyment of his fate in the process. “Since the Klingon mark witnessed my getting shot, once we finish up here, it’ll likely be a good idea to transport me back to the same coordinates to assist the mark in ‘escaping’ to ensure the integrity of the story Intelligence concocted.”

Before Hirek could explain Pierce’s part in this drama, the Klingon quartermaster regained consciousness with the typical grace of a Klingon. Surly, accusing, and violent in quick succession and then cycling back again as he armed himself and attacked. Alistair immediately got himself into another bind and earned a few more cuts for his heroic efforts to explain – obviously not acquainted enough with the Klingon wake-up protocol to know not to touch an armed, armored, and confused Klingon. With this act, it was becoming increasingly apparent to Hirek that like attracted like in some regard since Alistair was Madsen’s paramour, and the diplomat had a particular flair for the dramatic as well.

As amusing as it was to watch the crimson chaos unfold practically at his feet, Hirek figured life would be decidedly more complicated if he allowed the Klingon full access to Reika or this doctor with the golden tongue and oh-so-soft touch without exhibiting some effort to help. If he’d heard the name correctly, the nurse, Florez, was doing his best to quietly get a hypospray ready behind the Klingon, capitalizing on the man’s distraction. A master of distraction, Hirek calmly raised his arm and drew the irate Klingon’s attention to himself.

“Don’t be so dramatic; it’s not good for a man your age. The black market seller nearly killed you after I knocked you out, and these two knew nothing about that. Your government will thank us for ending a black market ring that’s been robbing your people and theirs of needed supplies.”

The Klingon growled, gripping his knife harder, “Your tongue is so smooth with your lies. Best I cut it out!”

Stabbing forward, Hirek tucked his knees toward his chest and rolled to the side. The hoped-for fall to the floor was unpleasant and certainly not graceful, but at least he had a biobed between himself and the Klingon. He could only hope the doctor had something useful close at hand since he was the next closest target.

Reply #31
[Lieutenat Reika Sh'Laan] Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 2 | USS Theurgy] @Dumedion  @Ellen Fitz  @Griff

Upon hearing Alistair’s suggestions, Reika turned to face the human.  Her slight grimace softened into a slight smile.  “I’m just glad we all made it out with our lives,” she said with a nod.  Massaging her sore shoulder, the Andorian turned to go to find whomever this Pierce or was though the other two he had mentioned - Akoni and Stark she was familiar with.  If she couldn’t find Pierce, she would look one of the others up and give them an accounting of what happened. 

But everything happened so fast.  Doq woke up, confused at first, but only seconds later, as his eyes lighted on the three that had been with him on the planet, his entire demeanor transformed from confused to bedeviled.  To say that he was incensed would have been a gross understatement.  His rage wasn’t to be continued, and his stab at Alistair happened before Reika could make her move to disarm the irate Klingon. Blood spatters splayed around the ward in sickbay as the Human was cut across his chest.  But the Andorian kept her eyes on the Klingon.  She would do much more good attempting to take him down than she would tending to the crimson gash on her fellow OPS officer’s chest.

Reika’s immediate instinct was to protect the doctor and nurse, and while the doctor was behind her, the nurse was behind the Klingon.  It was imperative that the large oaf’s attention be kept away from the nurse.  Reika turned to move in on the aggressor, but Hirek was currently between her and the indignant Klingon. She had no doubt Hirek could take care of himself. His Romulan nature came out in full force when the eldest of the bunch tried to reason with the unreasonable.  And for his pains, the Klingon simply bellowed, “Your tongue is so smooth with your lies.  Best I cut it out.”

But this Hirek was easily able to avoid with the agility that some men half his age wouldn’t have been able to procure.  This, however, left Reika standing between the blustering quartermaster and the doctor. 

“Since you’re intent on fighting someone, come at me,” Reika stated flatly falling into a fighting stance already knowing exactly how she was going to disarm him, though that would leave the doctor or the nurse to his the man with a hypospray, but once disarmed he wouldn’t be able to do near the damage that he currently could with his d’k tahg. 

While he was a warrior, finesse wasn’t anywhere within Doq’s wheelhouse.  He did one of two things that Klingons always do with a short-bladed knife, and Reika was ready for either.  But as she saw him come at her with a straight stab, she didn’t even hesitate.  With the precision of an Andorian with slightly enhanced senses thanks to her antenna, she flattened her hand in a ‘stop’ gesture and rammed her hand into the knife making it easy to wrench from his hand.  The female OPS officer wouldn’t have been surprised if the whole of the ship heard Doq’s shriek of anger at being disarmed, but at that point, she had done what she could do.  It was up to the others to subdue the best the rest of the way.

Reply #32
[LT Arven Leux ] Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 2 | USS Theurgy] Attn: @Griff @Dree @Ellen Fitz
[Show/Hide]
He quickly realized that the situation had gone to complete and utter shit, after poor Flo was knocked away from the irate Klingon like a minor annoyance. Arven had opened his mouth to try to calm the patient, but then the knife came out – which prompted several critical decisions to be made, post haste. His fingers tapped out a command, aborting the regeneration array and unlocking the scanner from holding the Romulan in bed - which was rather forward thinking, because for some reason he decided to goad the Klingon then - but the scanner rolled back just in time for him to dodge and roll out away from the Klingon’s blade. Unfortunately, that maneuver also knocked Leux back and to the floor alongside him, while the snarling old brute busied himself with the Andorian.

“Utterly intolerable,” Arven grunted under his breath, then tapped his badge, as his eyes and hands searched under the bed for assistance, ignoring the groaning Romulan for now. “Security to recovery ward, now,” he hissed, just as his hands found purchase on the only two items that he thought would really make any kind of difference in this insane situation. “What the,” he sighed in annoyance, “these aren’t even supposed to be here. This is why we can’t have nice things, nobody puts stuff back where it belongs! Whatever – stay here, stay down,” he whispered to the Romulan, then quietly got to his feet and snuck around the bed, a chrome metal bedpan in each fist.

This is a really stupid, horrible idea, Arven frowned at himself, as he snuck up behind the Klingon.

[Quartermaster Dok, son of Qannal]
Of the lot of them, the old warrior guessed the Andorian to be the greatest threat; the spineless Romulan coward would be dealt with soon enough, then he vowed to gut every traitorous bIHnuch that got in the way off this cursed ship. Murderous yet cunning eyes narrowed at the Andorian’s challenge as he readied himself, the secondary blades of his d’k tahg flicking open with a menacing snick, while his ears caught the useless whispering behind him. He wasted no words with her, for an honorable battle between warriors required none; all that mattered was victory...or death.

He struck, driving the d’k tahg in a blur of motion at the Andorian’s chest – a perfectly aimed kill-stroke – yet realized too late that his adversary had anticipated the blow. Without hesitation or a grunt of pain, his foe impaled her hand upon the blade and wrenched it from his grip, as they briefly spun around each other. A roar of surprise and admiration bellowed from his throat as he countered, stepping into her guard and clamping his fist around her neck in a vice grip, to pull her close enough to smell the death she had earned. His eyes flicked to one of the humans as he ducked out of view, choosing to cower in fear rather than face him – another sickening display of cowardice, before they snapped back to hers.

“Admirable,” Dok sneered in her face, then pinioned his massive elbow in a blind strike at the idiot he heard coming from behind, which smashed into his face with a meaty crack; yet his wrathful eyes never left the Andorian’s, even as the weakling crashed to the deck in a clatter of metal and dead weight. “You have courage, Lieutenant! I respect that, but a sharp blade is nothing without a sharp eye; remember that, if you live,” the aging warrior growled at her, then leaned his head back in preparation for a savage head-butt to finish her off.

A sudden sting at his neck and the hiss of injection interrupted the victory. Fire flooded his veins, numbing his insides with cold tendrils of agony. He was stumbling then, as his vision swam – his will betrayed by his body. Strength fled and he crashed to his knees with a grunt, eyes rolling up into his skull; he fell forwards, and darkness took him.

[CM3 Julian Florez]
He couldn’t catch his breath, even as it sawed in and out of his heaving chest. He’d scrambled as fast as he could through the back of three biobeds to get around to the Klingon’s blind-side; Dr. Leux was laid out cold at his feet, lips and nose bloodied and bruised, and Julian felt like he was ready to pass out too – but it worked, he did it, somehow! The hypo worked! The Klingon had released the Andorian, then staggered off a few steps to crash to his knees and face; but panic raced through Julian then with a sickening realization – he couldn’t remember what was in the hypo!

“Oh crap, ohhh crap... I think... I think I killed him,” Florez wheezed to himself between ragged breaths, then dropped the hypo as if it was a snake that was going to bite him.

OOC: (thanks for the roll, @Griff  ;))
bIHnuch – coward or weakling
toDSaH – wimp/wuss

Reply #33
[Lieutenant Alistair Leavitt| PCU | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 2 | USS Theurgy ]
[Show/Hide]

An unnatural silence fell over Sickbay in the aftermath of the fight, broken only by Florez's horrified realisation. Still somewhat groggy, Alistair was still sat on the deck with his back to a bed. A phaser was in his hand, although he didn't remember drawing it. Even so, he hadn't dared try to shoot Dok in his condition. He was just as likely to hit one of the others as his target. It had, in the heat of the moment, seemed like a smart decision,

The consequences were severe: Reika had a knife stabbed through her palm (the sight of her blue blood made Alistair's stomach rebel further), Doctor Leux was unconscious, and Dok...

"Klingons are tough, right?" Alistair said to the nurse in a hopeful tone. "They don't die that easily. I mean, it's not like you guys keep...ow...poison in those hypos."

Alistair glanced around, struggling to resist the urge to throw up. Between the slashes along his chest and back plus an excrucriating headache, he didn't trust himself to stand, so instead crawled over to Reika. "We need to help Reika, this looks bad..." Abruptly realising that Reika was still conscious, he smiled apologetically at her. "Er, I mean, I'm sure this will be easy to fix with surgery, not a problem, we definitely have Andorian blood donors on board..."

Reply #34
[ Hirek tr’Aimne | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 2 | USS Theurgy ] Attn. @Griff  @Dree  @Dumedion

The already wounded or unconscious were prevented from performing further heroic theatrics by the timely arrival of a half dozen security. A pair helped lift the Klingon back onto the biobed, this time with restraints. Florez animatedly reported the incident while simultaneously working to get the tools necessary to treat Reika and the Klingon, starting on one set of tools before derailing and starting on another, his mind overloaded by trying to do too many things at once. Another pair helped Alistair with Reika, the man easily lifting her from the floor and placing her on the biobed while the woman was less gentle in assisting Alistair to get back on his biobed. A single woman whose uniform barely restrained her voluptuous chest bent over the doctor to assist him, and the last security guard remained stoically by the door, his gaze following the actions of his peers.

The crisis over even before their arrival, the security team left two personnel by the door in case Doq got restless again, with the remaining four adjourning back to their other duty stations. With all the tender loving care being dealt out to the official crewmen in the sickbay, it didn’t surprise or bother Hirek when he didn’t receive assistance getting back on his biobed. Considering that one of these men had made the knife ear joke at a meal in the mess hall during the first days on board, Hirek doubted any of the man’s peers found Hirek more palatable. Hirek’s expression remained neutral even when he caught said man’s gaze on returning to his duty station. Hirek held no grudge, for there was nothing to be bothered by; the man had tossed mere words at Hirek, and to the Romulan, words held no merit on their own.

Having carefully placed himself back on the biobed, Hirek looked down at the floor. His lips quirked upward in an amused smile as he watched the buxom security female stroke her fingers over the doctor’s temples and down his neck, fingers poking along his arms and side as if looking for an injury. It wouldn’t surprise Hirek if the doctor were playing a little game for the moment, feigning sleep so that he could get some feminine attention before launching back into the business of healing people.

“Will the doctor be joining us any time soon?” Hirek’s question caught the security guard’s attention, and she gave a meager shrug in response. She obviously didn’t realize Hirek’s question had been directed toward the doctor himself.

Reply #35
[Lieutenat Reika Sh'Laan] Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 2 | USS Theurgy] @Dumedion  @Ellen Fitz  @Griff

Reika leaned her head back while cradling her wounded hand as security poured into the room and restrained the Klingon.  It allowed the Andorian to blow out the prolonged, intense gust of air that she had held back.  Having formerly been a tactical officer, it was natural for her to simply react to any tactical situation.  That, however, didn’t change the fact that, she felt an immense sense of relief after the rush of adrenaline began to wear off.  She closed her eyes for a moment as the pounding in her ears began to diminish, and before she opened her eyes again, strong hands hefted her off the ground and placed her on a biobed.

“Thank you, Petty Officer,” the Andorian said, trying to use her good hand and feel to help her reposition herself.  As she did, she took another deep breath and surveyed the scene around her.  But as her heart rate and the pounding in her ears quieted, the pain in her hand came to the forefront of her senses, but she breathed through the pain reminding herself that it really didn’t matter.  It was temporary, and she was sure that she’d be tended to as soon as those more wounded were cared for. 

It was then that Reika noticed the ample bosomed security officer fawning over the doctor.  And she was able to smile despite the shooting pain through her hand.  Her eyes, however, kept sweeping toward the door wondering if her girlfriend might walk through it at any time.

Reply #36
[LT Arven Leux ] Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 2 | USS Theurgy] Attn: @Griff  @Dree  @Ellen Fitz
[Show/Hide]
His head felt like someone hit him with a sledgehammer.

Through that curtain of pain and the fog of grogginess, Arven’s brows lifted slightly at the odd sensation of warm hands on his skin reaching up under his undershirt in a sweep for injury. Highly confused, he blinked with a frown at the ample cleavage pressed into his stomach, framed by curled locks of wonderfully highlighted dirty blonde hair. This was all highly irregular of course; “sweeping the body” for injuries was a rather obsolete battlefield first aid technique any tricorder could perform with infinitely more detailed and in-depth results. His mind was too befuddled to connect the dots as to what had happened, however. Still – she was quite thorough, which Arven appreciated – professionally, of course. That didn’t stop him from recognizing the fact that the frame those disproportionately large breasts were attached to was altogether far too petite to support such a load without considerable strain.

“Your poor back,” Arven whispered in genuine sympathy.

What,” her ministrations stopped, hazel eyes narrowed at his.

“What,” he blinked back, unsure if he’d spoken aloud or not.

A dark brow arched up over the (already) swollen socket of the Trill’s right eye at an amused question spoken from someone above. Arven grunted, then cleared his throat as he started to sit up – just as the dutiful security officer’s hands left his body to quickly zip up her collar, stretching the fabric of her uniform around the zipper to its absolute limit. “Alright, I’m up, thank you; no need for that,” he cleared his throat again, adjusting the teal undershirt she’d pulled up to get to his torso and back with a wince, still blinking at her bust. “I uh...thank you, miss,” Arven asked, eyes flicking up to her face then back down and up again in pain induced confusion. What is happening? Was this a dream? Had he fallen asleep at his desk again?

Then he heard Florez fussing over the Klingon; something about allergic reactions and possible brain damage – which was odd. The patient seemed perfectly fine and typically Klingon the last time Arven seen him.  Ah, the Doctor’s spotted features and body relaxed as realization dawned, this isn’t one of those weirdly realistic dreams, after all. Someone was calling for a doctor.

For her part, the PO seemed a bit put off, frowning at him in a look that seemed to convey incredulity and annoyance as she stood and offered him a hand. “Ellie Fairweather – not that it matters right now; you have people that need help, Doctor.”

Leux nodded, accepting her assistance to his feet to tower head and shoulders over her; like he did with most people. “Right,” he agreed with another wince; his eye was half-swollen shut, but he glanced around at the scene. Security had obviously shown up and dealt with things in a timely and efficient matter; two of his patients were bleeding – the Romulan was...smirking. “Uh, appreciated,” Arven murmured to to the blonde, who replied with a rather haughty snort as someone called for a doctor again. Arven frowned as she moved away. “Something I said?” he shrugged at the Romulan, utterly confused and trying to shake the fuzziness from his head.

Doctor Leux,” Florez barked, and the Trill’s eyes and head snapped to the young nurse; he was hovering over the Andorian, treating the bloody mess of her hand while trying to read the bio-data streaming along the sensor readouts of the Klingon’s bed at the same time. “C-could really use a hand here,” the sweaty youth’s voice pitched and cracked like he was barely out of puberty.

Arven nodded again, glancing over his shoulder to the blonde PO as he moved to assist. “Hey – uh...Friday? Fire up that one’s regenerative panel,” he gestured to the Romulan, then nodded to the very concerned looking human male, ignoring the PO’s grumbled correction of her name. “Sit tight, I’ll be right there,” the Doctor assured him, as his attention focused on the Klingon’s vitals; fingers danced in a blur over the bio scanner with a frown of concentration.

“Well, good news is he’s pumped full of enough Virlixin to keep him in a coma for the next couple days. Bad news is it’s killing him,” Arven muttered to himself as he attached three hand-sized devices to the patient in quick succession then prepped a series of hypo-sprays to counteract the lethal sedative dose. “Impressive choice really – you know McCoy used it as a nerve blocker during a Gorn cesarean,” he asked Flo conversationally.

The nurse just shook his head nervously, trying not to think about how nauseous he felt or the burning acid in the back of his throat. “W-what?”

“He’ll be hungover as hell when he comes out of it. Eventually,” Arven continued without missing a beat as he injected the Klingon’s neck, then tapped out a series of monitor commands and verified the patients restraints before moving on. A glance over the nurse’s shoulder to the Andorian’s hand preempted a nod to her as he moved around to the other side of her bed to check out her scans. Her vitals were elevated and she’d lost a fair amount of blood, but nothing life-threatening. Florez had already administered a nerve block for the pain and was working deep inside the wound, sealing veins to staunch the blood flow.

“You’re doing great Flo,” Arven’s hand rested on the lad’s shoulder with an appreciative nod. “Take a breath, okay? I’m going to start on the his scratches,” the Trill’s head nodded to the side, at the lacerated human, “before he loses too much blood.”

“I don’t know...t-those look pretty bad,” Florez looked more than a little ‘green behind the gills’, as the saying went. “H-he said she might need a transfusion! Ohhhh man I’ve never done one for an Andorian before!”

“Doubtful. Main arteries were nicked, not severed, and your sealing those up wonderfully. Flo, just breathe. It’s okay,” Leux blinked his good eye at the kid. “You’re fine, she’s going to be fine.  Everything’s fine. We’ll have her throwing a perfect game in no time,” he told them both as he moved away (unsure if they understood the bowling reference or not) with another nod, tricorder in hand as he approached the bloody red mess of...whatever-his-name-was. The patient sat a bit wobbly on the edge of a bed, no doubt in considerable pain, and more than a bit concerned. Best to try to take his mind off things – distracted patients were easier. “Sorry for the wait. How do you feel about equestrian sports,” Arven asked the man quickly, scanning briefly before setting that aside for a hypo and a dermal generator; the slashes to his back were far more jagged but not as deep as the ones to his torso, but the surrounding tissue damage was far more extreme there. “Big fan of Rigelians myself – you know they’re bio-engineered descendants of North American Mustangs,” Arven asked conversationally as he shot a healthy dose of painkillers into the patients arm. “Little something to take the edge off before we begin,” he explained, then set about cleaning and disinfecting the wounds. “Never been on a horse myself – they seem dangerous at both ends,” the doctor continued, his voice pitched in calm curiosity as he worked. “What do you think?”

A glance at the Romulan over his patient’s shoulder saw him being tended to the buxom blonde security officer; who seemed to be smiling much more warmly at him than she had at Arven – which prompted another frown of confusion before the sound of a high pitched fart escaped from the unconscious body of the Klingon.

“Don’t worry, that’s normal,” Arven commented dryly, then casually asked Thea to increase atmospheric venting above biobed seven to save their olfactory senses from the unpleasant side effects of helium and methane.

Reply #37
[ Hirek tr’Aimne | Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 2 | USS Theurgy ] Attn. @Griff  @Dree  @Dumedion

Dismissed by the doctor, complete with the wrong name tossed in her direction, Hirek was thankful the blonde, Ellie Fairweather, didn’t redirect her frustration by punching in the wrong codes on his biobed. Letting her work silently for the first few moments, Hirek cleared his throat to catch her attention before he spoke.

“Some men can be so dense.” Though she continued to type in the necessary codes to get the regenerative panel back up and running, Hirek’s comment drew her gaze up to meet his. “It seems to me that the doctor doesn’t know how to express proper appreciation for such a brave and beautiful woman.”

Fairweather snorter, “I heard about you, Mister Honey Lips. Don’t think you’ll charm my pants off with a few compliments. I’m not that easy.”

“Honey Lips,” Hirek purred, “how would you know they’re sweet unless you tasted them yourself?”

The woman laughed, shaking her head at the audacious nature of his comments. Hirek glanced over at the doctor, inwardly smiling when it was clear he had noted Fairweather’s laugh and, more importantly, at his side.

“No, you wouldn’t be that easy, would you?” Hirek settled himself more comfortably against the biobed, warm gaze languidly moving over Fairweather’s form before he tipped his head toward the doctor. “I wonder if he is. What do you think?”

Fairweather’s eyes widened, glancing between the Romulan and the Trill, her cheeks pinkening as her thoughts whirled in a direction she probably hadn’t planned on, no thanks to Hirek. The Klingon chose that moment to let loose a flatulence volley that had both Hirek and Fairweather wrinkling their noses.

“I think the doctor may need another hand since the nurse is so busy,” Hirek winked at Fairweather, closing his eyes to show he had no interest in debating. “And I’m curious if he’s easy.”

Fairweather rolled her eyes at the Romulan before she moved away from his biobed. She glanced between the nurse and the doctor before sighing and moving to stand beside the doctor. She was trained in basic first aid and figured while she was here, she could be helpful, even if the obtuse doctor couldn’t get her name right.

“What else needs attention, doctor?” Her voice was soft as she leaned over his shoulder, watching him work for a few moments before asking.

Reply #38
[Show/Hide]

After being helped back onto the biobed by one of the security team, Alistair observed proceedings with an odd calm. His chest burned, blood steadily dripping down his stomach in a crimson tide that quickly ruined his pants. Worse, however, was the unrelenting hammering inside his skull from Klar's vicious headbutt. Alistair had been headbutted by Klingons before, but always gently, and he had a newfound appreciation for just how gentle his friends had been back then, even while drunk.

Combined, they amounted to the most severe injuries of his career. Even so, despite the pain and a growing nausea, Alistair felt quite placid. As the woman who'd helped him up wisely took away his phaser, he idly wondered if he was in shock, but decided that he knew too little about the subject to be sure either way. The one man in the room with that expertise was unconscious, being tended to by one of the security team.

Of course, Hirek viewed the situation differently, and for obvious reasons. Alistair remembered Ellie from the gym, where they were loosely acquianted, and she did indeed cut a memorable figure in gym clothing just as much as in uniform. He had considerable sympathy for the doctor when he awoke, clearly unable to process what was happening. Even under ideal circumstances, it generally took a man a good few moments to acclimate to being woken by a buxom beautiful woman.

Alistair grinned goofily at Hirek, recognising the other man's teasing. Nice man. Didn't seem to hold a grudge when people shot him. Enyd never mentioned that.

Throughout everything, Alistair simply sat, watched and grinned, thoroughly enjoying the show along with the rest of the security team who stood guard. The interplay between the doctor, Ellie and Hirek was hilarious, but Alistair was careful not to laugh. Setting aside excabating his injuries, he still felt deeply sick. Idly, Alistair mused over the irony; if he threw upstairs, it'd be up to him and Reika to replace the carpet. Being Deputy Ops was far from glamorous, even on a good day.

Finally, after Klar was seen to, Alistair watched the doctor approach him. For the first time in several minutes, common sense crept in; should the doctor really be working given how hard Klar had hit him? Still, there was nothing for it, so Alistair sat there patiently, even as he tried to puzzle out what the doctor was saying, not helped by Klar's eloquent aromatic interjection.

"Equestrian?" he repeated blankly, before understanding. "Oh. We don't have horses on my homeworld. My girlfriend invited me to her ranch, though. Guess I should meet a horse one day. They seem nice, right? Can't be worse than a frypiper. One of them nearly killed my sister once." As Ellie approached, Alistair waved, grinning goofily. "Hi Ellie! Nice to finally meet you in uniform." He blanched, looking down at his naked torso. "Uh...at least one of us is in uniform."

Quite out of the blue, he then looked at Arven. "You're really nice. Really nice. Really pretty. You too, Ellie. And you, Hirek. Thanks for helping." Another rare moment of insight occurred to Alistair as he glanced at Arven. "I have a concussion, don't I? Or I'm in shock? Seems rude. Reika was hurt more."

Reply #39
[Lieutenat Reika Sh'Laan] Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 2 | USS Theurgy] @Dumedion  @Ellen Fitz   @Griff

Reika’s arm lay across her lap and she held still as the young skittish nurse worked on her hand.  She looked on in interest as he worked to cauterize the blood vessels that had been nicked by the careful placement of the knife as she had thrust her hand into it to protect the rest of those in sickbay.

Somehow despite the nurse’s efforts, her hand kept oozing more and more blood. Taking a moment to really observe the young man….and he was young.  Maybe twenty or twenty one.  He looked a little green behind the ears.  Maybe he was just unsure of himself.  It also didn’t help that the doctor kept assuring the young man.  ‘You’re doing great, Flo,’ or ‘Everything’s fine,’ or ‘You’re fine, she’s going to be fine, everything’s fine.’ That made Reika more nervous than the fact that her hand kept bleeding, and she already had a nice stain on her pants where the knife had exited the backside of her hand.

But she didn’t feel like any remarks from her would encourage the youth, he seemed positively frightened about the possibility of doing a transfusion on an Andorian.  Though she knew there would be plenty of donors aboard if it came to that, though she doubted it would.  Having taken a basic course in field medicine during her tactical education, she didn't think that her wound was as bad as that.

With a bit of a sigh to herself, she looked over to see Hirek being well-cared for and likely enjoying himself with the buxom security officer.  And at least that interchange was amusing.  ‘Honey lips?’  Fairweather hit the nail on the head when it came to what dripped out of his lips - words that were sweet to the soul, and she didn’t even really know the Romulan.  Though, the Andorian felt that his lips we were bitter - not because his words were bitter but because his heart - at least to her - seemed to hold a bitterness from his past that wouldn’t allow him to find real joy in his current circumstances.

Unable to see through the grouping of people standing in front of Alistair, Reika asked, “How are you doing over there, Leavitt?  You gonna be duty worthy by tomorrow, or should I inform Ravenholm of your predicament?”

Reply #40
[LT Arven Leux ] Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 2 | USS Theurgy] Attn: @Griff @Ellen Fitz @Dree
[Show/Hide]
He never stopped working.

Despite the ache that throbbed with his pulse, spreading through his skull from directly behind his right eye (the socket may or may not have fractured, Arven couldn’t tell) – he worked through the pain. The Romulan’s comments were a distraction that set his cheeks and ears aflame, but the doctor just clenched his jaw and did his best to ignore it; far too preoccupied to notice the blonde, Fairweather – approach. Startled at the sudden breath in his ear, Arven’s reflexes alone saved his patient from getting a bonus suture where one wasn't needed. He bit back the curse on his tongue then glanced at her.

She was right there, close enough to make him break out in flop sweat.

“Ah, you...can…,” the Trill cleared his throat, glancing from his work at her and back, then motioned quickly to the front side of the man’s torso, jutting his chin at the regenerator on the bed next to his hip. The poor fellow greeted her then, and asked a few concerned questions, prompting an equally concerned frown from Arven; who quickly picked up a tricorder for another scan. Before he could comment further, however, the Andorian spoke up from under Florez; the young nurse kept switching sides around her bed, utterly focused on tending her hand. “Uh, we'll tag team him. Take the front, please, I’m almost finished back here,” Arven finally told her in a low voice, oblivious to her reaction.

A quick wave over Leavitt’s cranium later, and the Trill shrugged. “There’s some sub-dermal swelling, ruptured blood vessels and the like; enough to inflame your sinuses to the point of blockage - bruises, in other words. Your feeling the pressure of fluid accumulation, unable to drain properly.” Same as me, most likely, Arven added to himself as he returned the tricorder to the bed. "It's on the outside of your skull, not the inside. Ergo – no concussion handsome, you’re just a bit loopy from the painkillers. Relax, we’ll get you fixed up in no time, wont we miss,” he nodded at Fairweather.

“Sure we will,” she smiled pleasantly.

Arven couldn’t tell if that smile was for him or the patient, though he told himself it didn’t matter; he simply cleared his throat again and continued to suture the man’s lacerations. “Some smooth operators in here today, I should take notes,” he laughed under his breath with a shake of his head.

“With eyes like that, you’d think you wouldn't need to,” Fairweather sighed from the other side of Leavitt’s torso.

Arven froze, blinking rapidly. Wait...what?

“Doctor Leux,” Flo barked excitedly, at exactly the wrong moment. Arven flinched, stapling two folds of Leavitt’s skin in rapid succession before he could do anything about it. The doctor bit his lip in a grimace as he snapped the device into retract mode to pull them out. “Frightfully sorry, entirely my fault – this might sting a bit,” he apologized, then plucked the first one out before glancing at the nurse. “Yes?”

“Oh, I...well, I stopped the bleeding – just...thought you should know.”

Arven gave him an exaggerated smile and a thumbs up. “Great work Flo. Lets get after that tissue damage, shall we,” he nodded to the Andorian, then yanked the other suture out. "All better. Almost done," he reassured Leavitt, then turned to glance at the Andorian. "You're doing great, miss, be right there in a minute," he nodded to her.

Ultimately, he knew that the situation could have been handled better. It was sheer idiocy on his part to try that stunt with such a violent patient; Arven chided himself for not being able to remember his name, too. I really need to work on that, before I really piss someone off. The Trill shook his head to clear it and refocused on his work. A glance at the Romulan resting told him the man would be fine, and likely released soon. Leavitt would probably spend another hour in his care. The Andorian, Reika? Would likely need V-Nine's services, only due to Arven's cautious nature; it wouldn't hurt to have a third set of...well...another eye. The real issue would be the Klingon.

He wondered how the hell he was supposed to explain all this to whoever came looking for him.

~FIN~

Simple Audio Video Embedder