Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 414070 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #1525
hey sorry i havent posted in a few days been trying to get as much school work done as possible early on so i dont have as much to worry about later on.  should be posting tomorrow

Reply #1526
So my Aunt died a couple days ago and I'm going to be gone on Thursday and Friday for the Visitation and Funeral so I'll try to get a post up on Saturday or Sunday.
Defeat, Genocide; why quibble with semantics.

Reply #1527
My sincerest condolences, havenborn.

Not.to hit everyone with q double dose of feels, but I'm in the same situation. My grandmother passed Sunday, and the funeral is tomorrow. Earliest I'll be positing is this upcoming Sunday.

Reply #1528
Aw man, I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt and Grandma.  I lost my grandfather back in February, I know how it feels.  Thoughts are with you both.

Reply #1530

... INCOMING TRANSMISSION ...

Greetings everyone!

I figured that since it was a while since I made one of these, I would actually take the opportunity to do so now when I have some interesting stuff to show you guys.

First, I would just like to tell you all how much I appreciate your dedication to the story and to writing your characters. We are twenty writers contributing to this space opera and it is awesome to see how all the characters bounce off each other. The interregnum between Episodes 03 and 04 is winding down towards its ending, but I feel that there is more to be written for Day 05 and 06, which would be the last two days before they reach Starbase 84. The Theurgy's crew is about to enter the battle of the future and finally spread the truth across the entire galaxy, so I would assume there are some final farewells to be said and loose ends to tie up between lovers and friends of old. At the risk of encouraging overwhelming sentimentality, I do think there can be a lot of inspiration to be found when you all have this in mind.

However, as much as I would love to read that - and to write it, since I have several characters that needs closure - I will not be stalling the arrival to Starbase 84. As I have previously stated, the Theurgy will be arriving in Episode 04 at the end of Chapter 01. Therefore, as I said when I told everyone that we would be beginning Episode 04 ahead of time - before the Interregnum was finished - this presents a slight challenge for everyone involved. Those writing crewmembers on the Theurgy would have unfinished threads in the Interregnum as their characters undertake the mission to Starbase 84, and the best way writing said characters in two points of time simultaneously without continuity errors or discrepancies is to focus on the mission at Starbase 84. Please, try to avoid detailed references to the Interregnum if you feel that there might be some more scenes to write out there. It allows everyone to enjoy more threads in the interregnum if you want to indulge in such even if the mission to SB84 is underway.

I have some news to share, but first, please peruse the Story Overview and see if there are any threads you've forgotten to post in.

STORY OVERVIEW

Below is a list with all the threads in the Interregnum and Episode 04, sorted chronologically with the oldest one first. The threads in green are finished already and the yellow ones are on-going. Also, all these are links to click, which ought to make it easy for those who wish to browse and read

INTERREGNUM 03-04

DAY 01

DAY 01: Time Judges All [0500 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: Healing | Part 1 [0730 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: Rejuvenation [0900 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: The Path Ahead [0915 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: New Life [1000 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: Lost in the Mind [1015 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: Misgivings [1100 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: Encouragement [1115 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: Stranger Tides [1130 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: SAR Away-Mission [1150 hrs.] Next Poster: Auctor Lucan
DAY 01: A Fresh Start | Part 1 [1230 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: A Fresh Start | Part 2 [1240 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: Meeting of the Minds [1300 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: The First of Many Propositions [1400 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: Healing | Part 2 [1840 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 01: An Empty Pack [2030 hrs.] Next Poster: DocReno
DAY 01: Off-Duty Treatment [2030 hrs.] Next Poster: Zenozine
DAY 01: A Quiet Chat [2100 Hrs] Finished!

DAY 02

DAY 02: Goldeneye's Confession [0700 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 02: Back From the Dead [0800 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 02: Critical Vacancy [1230 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 02: In Remembrance [1200 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 02: A Friendly Chat [1300 hrs.] Next Poster: Nolan
DAY 02: Mistress-at-Arms [1400 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 02: Digital Relations [1500 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 02: Finding Strength [1800 hrs.] Next Poster: Anyone! [glow=red,2,300]New Challenger Wanted![/glow]
DAY 02: Healing | Part 3 [1830 hrs.] Next Poster: Zenozine
DAY 02: Poker Night [2000 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 02: Houseguest [0130 hrs.] Next Poster: RosariaRosette

DAY 03

DAY 03: Unfinished Business [0610 hrs.] Next Poster: Kaligos
DAY 03: Phasmids [0900 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 03: Twitching [1100 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 03: Between Meetings [1200 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 03: The Accipiter [1400 hrs.] Next Poster: Anyone! [glow=red,2,300]Social Commentary Wanted![/glow]
DAY 03: Well-Earned Recognition [1500 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 03: New Hire [1500 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 03: Midnight Oil [2345 hrs.] Finished!

DAY 04

DAY 04: Weapon Storage Raid [0750 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 04: Aftermath [1300 hrs.] Next Poster: Locker Room: 1) Drana 2) Doc M. Brig: DocReno
DAY 04: Obligations & Priorities [1305 hrs.] Next Poster: Surgical Suite 02: Absinthe ICU: Doc M.
DAY 04: Re-Connection [1600 hrs.] Next Poster: FollowTomorrow
DAY 04: The Flutter of a Pair of Wings [1750 hrs.] Next Poster: Brutus
DAY 04: Yeoman & Suspect [1830 hrs.] Finished!
DAY 04: Question of Wolven Error [1900 hrs.] Next Poster: CanadianVet
DAY 04: Subconscious Repression [1955 hrs.] Next Poster: IronFerrox
DAY 04: Recuperation [2130 hrs.] Next Poster: Nolan

DAY 05

DAY 05: Keeping Balance [0630 hrs.] Next Poster: Auctor Lucan
DAY 05: Creature Comforts [0930 hrs.] Next Poster: Triage
DAY 05: Climax Jump [1740 hrs] Next Poster: Auctor Lucan

DAY 06

DAY 06: Inner Space Next Poster: Everyone who hasn't posted yet
DAY 06: Fighting Shadows [1600 hrs.] Next Poster: RosariaRosette

EPISODE 04: SIMULCAST

PROLOGUE: Homecoming - Finished!
CHAPTER 01: Tensions Rising Next Poster:
- Science Lab 17: 1) Kaligos 2) Auctor Lucan 3) RosariaRosette
- USS Resolve | Fighter Assault Bay: Auctor Lucan (Triage & Absinthe ad hoc)
- USS Resolve | Briefing Room: 1) Julia 2) Arista 3) Kaligos 4) Auctor Lucan 5) Drana 6) Vystori 7) DocReno

THE STAR TREK: THEURGY WIKI ALMOST READY FOR LAUNCH

With numerous contributions from a lot of our members, I have the pleasure to announce that that our very own database is close to completion in regard to the information stored on the House of Eros forum. All the character sheets we have stored on the forum before have now been migrated to our Wiki, so please take a moment to browse the sidebar or search for a character you want to see in the search field. It is not a small feat, so it is worth repeating for clarity: All character profiles are there, along with the majority of the information housed on the House of Eros board.

There is still a lot to do, of course, and especially with the department pages. The info about the Mk III Valkyrie needs to be migrated to its own page, and I have only been able to create a few departmental emblems, but given time, these will be straightened out as well. If people feel compelled to help out but doesn't have an account,
please PM me.

More additions to the NPC Pages [Link]

Doc M. has been very active in compiling info about the NPCs that have been spotted through the story, and there are more to come. Doc M. has also been working on other pages with updated links and formatting, not to mention adding recent events to the end of some character pages. Big thank you for all your contributions, and you have taught me a great deal along the way.

Updated Technical Specifications for Thea [Link]

Arista has recently done a tremendous job with this page, were the updated Theurgy-class version of Thea has been stored in a comprehensible way. The new Deck Listing is there as well, but still in need of some contributions. Locations are listed, but there might still be locations missing, so if anyone has a place on the ship that has been in the story but not been listed there, let me know and I will add it. Worth nothing is the accuracy in all of this, because the new Deck Listing is in line with LCARSgfx's MSD.

The USS Resolve is added [Link]

Arista has also added the USS Resolve to the Wiki, with images courtesy of The Light Works. It might not be as extensive as Thea's information page, but it will serve the story.

NEW MAIN BRIDGE FOR THE USS THEURGY

With the sketch of the new bridge already shown in the OOC thread - based on a concept from Arista - our dear Vira Lanka has made some progress with the 3D model of the bridge. There is still a lot to be done, and many flaws to straighten out, but he is slowly getting there. Have a look for yourselves above. The images behind the link above are chronological in updates.

However, problems may befall this project because Vira Lanka's computer may not be able to handle many more objects, and each of these renders takes him about 25 minutes. Therefore, I will be asking him to make a few more updates, and then I will try to salvage the project by asking Omardex to take over - him having different hardware altogether. We'll see how it goes.

THE MK II VALKYRIE IS FINISHED

In case some of you did not see it on the board, in the discussion below the poll that was posted there a long time ago, the Mk II Valkyrie fighter is complete. Omardex finished the model and I have made some images of it too. These are the fighters that are on the USS Resolve, not to mention the USS Harbinger back in Episode 03. You can see the fighter in all its glory in the 3D model viewer below:

SKETCHFAB 3D MODEL DISPLAY

Here is also a second image: http://auctor-lucan.deviantart.com/art/Stock-KD-56-Gryphon-class-Warp-Fighter-610888869

Please take the time to read the descriptions on DeviantArt for due credit and an explanation for the title "Gryphon". Hope you guys like it, and Havenborn has agreed to make the specifications for these fighters, which is a predecessor to the Mk III Valkyrie that the Lone Wolves fly.

NEW CHALLENGER FOR THE SPARRING TOURNAMENT WANTED

ThanIda zh'Wann is still standing after two matches against Nathanel Isley and CJ Slayton. A new challenger in needed, else she will be declared the winner of the tournament. This is a question of first dibs to challenge her, and I look forward to see another character in the ring. Otherwise, the Deputy will have the victory.

STAR TREK'S SOCIAL COMMENTARY LIVES ON IN STAR TREK: THEURGY

The reason Stark Trek has endured for 50 years is not because it has cool space battles, remarkable aliens and iconic characters. It is because it's usually about something, often using social commentary about current issues in society to spark skepticism and question double standards in our society. Several times, we have done it here on Star Trek: Theurgy too, with the discussions about Thea's rights and access to her own systems and even theology.

Now, with my latest post in The Accipiter, I would welcome if we used this weapon demonstration scene to look at the necessity of armament from different perspectives. The gun-debate is raging in the US, and paralells could be drawn here too. If you guys want to, I would love if we used the opportunity for something that is a cornerstone in our beloved fandom - one of the lasting trademarks of the Star Trek franchise.

The Accipiter demonstration has the Senior Staff on the Theurgy present, but I am open to having the department heads actually inviting some officers of theirs to attend too. So, for example, if ch'Xinya or McMillan would like to raise their voices in this thread, then Tovarek would have brought them along too, just like Miles Renard has brought along some of the Lone Wolves. As of now, it is not ironed out exactly who are present beyond what the beginning of the thread says, and if people want in on this, it is easily arranged for.

So, in short, post away, and there is no posting order set. Just have at it with how you'd have your characters argue the finer points about the issue that has been raised in my latest post. Link: DAY 03: The Accipiter [1400 hrs.]

LIEUTENANT-COMMANDER WENN CINN HAS A NEW PLAYER!

>> Click For Character Page

With Zenozine not feeling like he can give the Chief of Security due justice, and with Arista showing great interest in Wenn Cinn, he will take over Wenn Cinn as of this day, and play him in full as if he was a character of his own. In this inheritance, a butterfly effect has made it so that he has a new actor in the form of Idris Elba (updated character images are pending, with the line still long). Good luck with your new character!

LASTLY...

For last, I would like to tell you all how things are going with all the projects we have here on Star Trek: Theurgy. Some of them are mentioned above in this newsletter, and others are yet due for completion. Here is a list at the top of my head, and please don't shoot me if I have forgotten anything. There is no priority order either:

> Character Images (still a long line)
---- Selena Ravenholm
---- Aisha S'Iti
---- Miles Renard
---- Carrigan Trent
---- Six
---- Wenn Cinn
---- [Secret Character]

> Main Bridge 3D Model
---- LCARS screens from LCARSgfx
---- Vira Lanka Final Updates
---- Omardex taking over (hopefully)

> Updated Deck 01 Floor Plan

> Updated Fighter Assault Bay Floor Plan

> Reaver 3D Model by Pinarci

> [Secret 3D Model] by Pinarci

> Star Trek: Theurgy Wiki (to mention a few below)
---- Department Pages
---- Department Emblems
---- Starbase 84 Page
---- USS Harbinger Page
---- USS Calamity Page
---- Mk II Valkyrie Page & Specs
---- Mk III Valkyrie Page
---- Sabine Page & Specs
---- Update of Story Archive Page

> Opening Credits animation video (short)

> Promotional Trailer with Character Presentations (long)

> MSD & Floor Plan for the Manta-class Scout by LCARSgfx

> MSD for the Mk II Valkyrie by LCARSgfx

> MSD for the Mk III Valkyrie by LCARSgfx

> [Secret Project] by LCARSgfx

These are the ones at the top of my head, and like I said, if I have promised character images at some point, they are in my log even if they might not have shown up here. As for the story itself, I would love to write more scenes with my characters on the Theurgy if anyone out there have ideas they want to run by me. I have already written the post where the Theurgy arrives to Starbase 84, but I feel that there is need for some more closure in the Interregnum too. Looking forward to hearing from you all, and I hope you are enjoying Star Trek: Theurgy as much as I do moderating the story. Now that we are not accepting new members (the application processes taking away a lot of time from me), I have more time to work with all the projects listed above. I just have to make sure to not add too much new stuff to the list and we will be able to open the door for new members again.

Oh, and we now have 427 Watchers on DeviantArt, along with 379 followers on our Tumblr. And while I noticed the anniversary, I was unable to post about it... A belated congratulations to us all, I suppose, since we have been running Star Trek: Theurgy for 5 years as of the beginning of May (Est. 2011-05-10). With five years and still going strong, I look forward to continuing the story for as long as I am able to run it, which may be for many years more. Then, if I can't do it anymore, I hope that someone is willing take the reins in my stead.

Take care everyone, wherever you are.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan
Game Moderator

Reply #1531
Check out the Wiki page on your character and make sure it's accurate.  Update what you see to include your characters' deeds "in front of the camera" and clear up any discrepancies in their backgrounds, personality profiles, or physical descriptions.  (And be sure to use the past tense, the Wiki is presented as a historical record.) 

Reply #1532
Indeed, thanks Doc M. I should have asked for that in the newsletter. Past tense is the way to do it and recent events in your characters' lives ought to be documented as well. Check your individual character pages for anything that needs an update.

Also, a huge thank you to SummerDawn who has been one of the contributors to the ongoing wiki project. SummerDawn is the creator of the department-coloured information boxes on the character pages, kindly transferring and editing those boxes from his own site so that it might fit the Theurgy wiki. The result is really awesome, where the information is filled into a form in order to generate colours and everything. A definite improvement than just putting the info into a thumbnail text field. I would not know how to code that kind of magic if my life depended on it, so thank you for that contribution specifically SummerDawn, and sorry for not adding it to the newsletter. I am spread a bit thin, that's all.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1533
I'm heading up north for a mini vacation later tonight. I'll be MIA for the most part until later Monday night.. see y'all when I get back. :D

~Vys
"You wish to knock over cows? What is the significance of this? Do you derive pleasure from such things?" - Ensign Six

Reply #1534
Have a safe and fun trip, Vystori!

Meanwhile, I've caught up in posts, looking forward to the excitement building up.

Viva la Tribble!

^ Don't mind me, just being random.

Reply #1536
Caught up myself and also looking forward to the action!

Reply #1537
Hey folks.  I know I owe some posts, but I'm a little swamped IRL right now.  I'm hoping to be able to get a few posts out this weekend, but I can't make any promises.

Nolan, Triage and anyone else waiting on me, sorry for making you wait, I should have sent this much sooner.

Reply #1538
Not to worry. I am in no hurry. Hope everything turns out all right for you. :)

Reply #1539
No problem, I know what it feels like to be swamped. I owe some people some replies as well, working on those, just can't find the time to catch up! Will try this weekend!

Reply #1540
Just so everyone is kept on the same page, I have surgery come tuesday, will be out of comission for one or two days depending on how strong the drugs are.

Reply #1541
I know it doesn't affect us in any way (hopefully), but has anyone seen these new "guidelines" for fan films CBS/Paramount released? http://www.startrek.com/fan-films

To say it's a fundamental upset of how the fan film industry has been operating for decades would be an understatement.  Pretty much every established project just got their legs cut out from under them.

Good luck with the surgery Kaligos!

Reply #1542
the thing that erks me about that is the no additional episodes, seasons or sequels. So basically no way to carry over characters or do anything of note. Unable to reuse any sets that were made for the fan project. Basically a pain in the ass for everyone, all the other stuff I can kinda understand.

Star Trek doesn't even have anything slated for TV until 2018 when it's set to return with something new, so basically aside from the abrams movies (Which I don't hate, but I don't love either, they seem much too bent on spectical instead of an interesting story) we currently have nothing to fill the interregnum with.

I mean it's not like fan films tend to be very good, but fuck it at least it's something.

Reply #1543
I'd like to apologize to everyone I've left hanging.  There's a lot going on in RL on my end, including a temporary loss of internet access.  I'd like to assure everyone that these obstacles are temporary and hopefully I'll be available soon.

Reply #1544
So are the airlock doors open?  Because I'm a little confused now as to how Komial can see Havenborn and Ejek.

Reply #1545
Indeed! To move it forward, the airlock is now open. Thus, Julia will be posting Ejek making both an answer to Havenborn, have the airlock opened, and finally answering Komial in her upcoming post. Likewise, in your post Havenborn, you could also have Daniel make a last comment to Ejek in response to whatever she has written, she opens the airlock, and Havenborn can answer Komial too.

Hope that is clear enough, otherwise, PM me and I will fill in the blanks as required. :)

Star Trek: Theurgy Artwork

Some eye-candy for you all! Hope you like these! They are the product of my work draining me of higher brain functions the past week and resorting me to do some artwork. Work is quietening down now, at last, so you all ought to expect an increase in activity from my end.

Anyway, here they are:

Dor'GhItlh Squardon

Ion Storm

Leaving Orbit

Ride of the Valkyries

Dedication

Path to Redemption

Returning Home

Valkyrie Ascension

If you want to see them in larger sizes, they can be found in our DeviantArt gallery:

http://auctor-lucan.deviantart.com/

Here is also a retconned version of the Calamity, based on stock images I found on shutterstock. I thought them fitting, and while not my best work, here:

https://uss-theurgy.com/mediawiki-1.26.2/index.php?title=File:Calamity-01.png

https://uss-theurgy.com/mediawiki-1.26.2/index.php?title=File:Calamity-02.png

https://uss-theurgy.com/mediawiki-1.26.2/index.php?title=File:Calamity-03.png

https://uss-theurgy.com/mediawiki-1.26.2/index.php?title=File:Calamity-04.jpg (unedited)

https://uss-theurgy.com/mediawiki-1.26.2/index.php?title=File:Calamity-05.jpg (unedited)

As you can see, I incorporated this models cannon as a retractable, hidden Phaser Spinal Lance, one that was revealed during the final battle of Episode 03 (some of you might remember that).

Finally, here is the Reaver that Pinarci has been making for us, and as soon as the hard-points are made for it, its finished. I only have an animation and some progress shots atm:

The design for the Reaver as I asked Pinarci to make it was based on a few inspirational sources, one of them being this lovely piece by Col Price: http://coldesignltd.cgsociety.org/art/up-on-moors-sci-fi-2d-1255976. At the same time, I wanted the Reavers dark and menacing too, with the armoured cockpit as they were described in the story. I hope you all like the quad-nacelle arrangement as well as the heavy impulse engines, with one in the centre and two extended vanes. The small fins on top of the fighter are armament rigs, as well as some of the things on the big wings. They are to hold hard-points when they are finished.

I have more art-projects underway too, but nothing finished enough to show yet. Hope you all like these, and feedback is most welcome. :)

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #1546
My only concern is that Havenborn has asked Randall to have Tancredi and K'Ren contact him so he can give them further orders, will that still take place before the airlock doors have/are opened?

Reply #1548
Star Trek: Theurgy Artwork

Some eye-candy for you all! Hope you like these! They are the product of my work draining me of higher brain functions the past week and resorting me to do some artwork. Work is quietening down now, at last, so you all ought to expect an increase in activity from my end.

Anyway, here they are:
[Show/Hide]

Well, I've got a bunch of new images for my pc backgrounds! Thanks a lot Lucan. I really love the Valkyrie ascending one.

That reaver looks incredibly badass too! I can understand why Ghost wanted to keep it for herself!

Reply #1549
TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP - ABSINTHE AND FINE WINE

Sadly, Absinthe is no longer a member of the Star Trek: Theurgy Group anymore because of lacking posting activity. He was contacted continuously, and in the end, I got a PM from him where he apologised and said that RL prevented him from being active and that he will have to withdraw from the story. He might return once he straightens things out, but his departure grants no foreseeable time. Therefore, his characters will either be killed or put in stasis during Episode 04, unless they are inherited by another writer.

If anyone who would like to overtake either of these character below and both 1) doesn't have too many characters and 2) also can keep up posting for another one, should contact me with such a request over PM. Again, my policy on this is very loose, meaning that the one who cries out first and I think can keep up with playing her gets to inherit the character. Given the reply above, it might be a temporary inheritance too, so bear that in mind. If there are no takers, the characters will be will still be kept as NPCs that is available to be played for all writers in the Group (within reason, of course) until they are put in stasis or killed during the battle to come.

Here they are, with links to their character pages:

Ens. Ryuan Sel               Mistress-at-Arms

- Formerly Played by Absinthe and Fine Wine

Ens. Lahkesis Saugn          Medical Officer

F'Rell                        Warp Field Specialist       USS Resolve

Worth mentioning also is that Zaraq, Cir'Cie and Maal are all still available too.

3D MODELS OF THEA UPLOADED TO SKETCHFAB

Omardex did us a favour and translated Thea into a format compatible with Sketchfab, so now you guys can can take a proper look at her. The texture became a bit glossy in the translation, but I think she still looks reaaaally fine. ;)

First model, in SOM:

Second model, in MVAM:

Hope you guys like them, and don't forget to PM me if you are interested in either of the characters mentioned above.

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Simple Audio Video Embedder