Skip to main content
Topic: Day 03 [1300 hrs.] Facultas Conveniendi (Read 4050 times) previous topic - next topic

Day 03 [1300 hrs.] Facultas Conveniendi

Day 03 [1300 hrs.] Facultas Conveniendi

[ Lt.Com. Vivian Martin | Martin’s quarters | Deck 15 | USS Theurgy ]
[Show/Hide]

Martin set down her fork as she finished her lunch. It was nothing fancy this time, simply a quick meal in her quarters as she prepared to get on with her day. She sighed as she looked over a PADD lying near her, it's sable surface displaying codon sequences and ribonucleoproteins. So far she had only gotten partway towards piecing together a cure for the virus, something she hoped Doctor Nicander had better progress on. Eventually, she resigned to come back to the project at a later date and got up to meander around her quarters. She busied herself for some time tidying up her quarters, and busily located ways to straighten it up after the past few days.

After straightening out her bed and making sure the sheets were laid out in an orderly fashion she placed her hands on her hips, and too some time to admire her work. Immediately, she fell into the same conundrum which she had faced earlier, what to do to give her mind a break from the puzzle of the virus cure. Then the idea occurred to her; the gymnasium was of course still aboard, she could spend some time there working out her brain block until such time as she could return to it. She quickly donned her exercise equipment, a standard issue grey top, a pair of tight breathable grey shorts, her hair tied up in a ponytail behind her, her usual getup. And with that done, proceeded to step out of the door and into the corridor.

Re: Day 03 [1300 hrs.] Facultas Conveniendi

Reply #1
[ Ens. Faye Lintah Eloi-Danvers | Corridors outside Department Head Quarters block | Deck 15 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Hastata-Nerada  
[Show/Hide]

The past day had been a whirlwind for Ensign Faye Lintha Eloi-Danvers, recently revived Federation Diplomatic Corps Attache and currently Acting Chief Diplomatic Officer of the USS Theurgy. That mental mouthful was one of the largest changes the girl had endured since her injury at Jupiter Station and recent return to the land of the living. Perhaps, she allowed, it was not the largest change. Physically, the quarters she was on her way to inspect, after her own health inspection by PO Patterson, were the largest change.

From a one room Junior Officer billet to a full out Department Head suite in one day. Absolutely crazy She had visited the Quartermaster on authorization from Captain Ives just a few moments ago. Half delirious and exhausted from her stay in stasis, Faye had attended the horrible meeting with their supposed allies turned enemies, the Asurians last night over the protests of her assigned nurse (and newfound paramore, the aforementioned Riley Patterson) and had a whole new world of trouble and responsibility dumped on her shoulders. The price she paid for the sin of being alive. It had a fringe benefiit though - the quarters she was now slowly making her way to.

With Riley off uploading logs in medical and getting a change of clothes (she was still assigned to keep an eye on Faye) and with a stern promise from the betazoid to avoid anything strenuous behind reading and the occasional walk (as well as a phsyical therapy session with someone named Ravenholm later in the day?) Faye had decided to get moved into her new quarters. Her current possessions were in a bag on her shoulder - a few new sets of clothing and one replicated blanket that Riley had ordered up for her last night. The sum total of Ens. Eloi-Danvers remaining personal affects. Paltry collection there, isn't it? She ruefully thought, then acknowledged that the despair around that revelation was as much her own survivors guilt as the ever-present hum of depression that clung to the ship as it lurked in the nebula, dark emotions picked up from those she passed by on her trek from the Quartermasters office to her new billet.

She had been surprised to find that the senior staff quarters were scattered all over the starship. There was a block here, on Deck 15, and another further up, near the Captains quarters. It made sense, Faye allowed after a moments consideration as she moved along at a snails pace, well aware of the monitor on her neck sending all kinds of feedback to Riley. Bad form to have all of your eggs in a basket she thought, as well as concluding that there were only so many places the designers could easily fit oversized quarters that Department Heads were entitled to. The extra space, she knew, was not just a reward for responsibility - it was to facilitate that responsibility, with the off hours meetings of subordinates.

"Not that I have any of those," Faye muttered grimly, as she turned the corner, hearing a set of doors opening up ahead. She felt, more than saw at this point, the presence of someone else stepping out into the corridor, but paid the mental impression little attention. Quite the opposite in fact, Faye tried to strengthen her walls to avoid picking up surface thoughts, with admittedly less than stellar success.

Reply #2
[ Lt.Com. Vivian Martin | Corridor | Deck 15 | USS Theurgy ]
[Show/Hide]

Upon exiting her quarters, Martin found herself face-to-face with a woman, a beautiful woman. Martin almost did a double-take when she saw her, her mind suddenly filled with an oncoming rush of feelings and emotions. They confused Martin, frightened her a bit, feelings like… wanting to feel the woman’s embrace, to kiss her lips, her jaw, her neck, her collar, and to slowly work her way down the woman’s body until she found her way to the sensitive folds at the base of her- Martin stopped dead in her tracks. What was this feeling, was it lust? It was certainly not love. Was this going to be like Zayah again? It had been years now since Martin had known Zayah, year since she… since she died at the hands of Klingons. But there’s no way it could be, maybe a one-night fling would do them both good, where they could explore each other’s embrace and the- No, no, what was she thinking, this was some woman she barely knew, a woman with beautiful brown hair and black eyes and- wait.

Martin realized at that moment that she had been staring, and not just staring but staring right at a Betazoid who could probably read her very thoughts at that moment. “Oh, um,” she stammered. “H-hello. Hi, I’m sorry, I’ll get out of your way.” she said, as she lowered her head and backed up, unable to look into the deep black eyes of the person before her. Part of Martin wished she could hide her thoughts, the thoughts of their passionate sighs and thoughts of one in the other’s clutches, and of what they might do to each other in the secluded regions of each other's beds.

Reply #3
[ Ens. Faye Lintah Eloi-Danvers | Corridors outside Department Head Quarters block | Deck 15 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Hastata-Nerada 
[Show/Hide]

It wasn't the sudden, physical presence of the woman that exited her quarters directly in front of Faye as she came around the corner, that staggered the Betazoid. Nor was it the attractiveness of said woman, decked out in clear gym attire that advertised a body worth lusting for, that set her heart racing (and monitor pinging, she was sure). No, it was none of these things about the newcomer that floored Faye, and sent her cheeks aflame. It was the crystal clear emotions, and brazen surface thoughts that slammed right through the diplomats poor attempts at control and left Faye dumbfounded. What in the hell is wrong with everyone on this ship? What is wrong with ME? She silently pleaded as she struggled to slow her breathing, find words in the face of the deep, all encompassing desire she felt from this woman she was looking up at.

Normally, such thoughts from a non telepath would not phase Faye. She was used to it, if she were being honest. The shorter brunette, with her dark locks hanging free to hide the monitor on her neck, did not think of herself as someone who was as beautiful as Riley - sweet Riley - or this new comer, who had a few inches on her (in height and bust). However she was accustomed to the desires of others tickling her senses. Usually they didn't matter, and didn't hit her like this. Then again, she was just starting a new relationship. Emotions for her were high, and, oh, by the way, she'd nearly died, and been stuck in stasis for months. She was susceptible.

And how she had a clear view of what this woman thought of her....and how the woman viewed herself - a body seen many times, in the mirror. With that knowledge, Faye's own imagination could easily conjure up the mental illusion of the shame filled beauty across from her, bare as the day she was born, on her knees in front of Faye, with her slightly upturned nose buried in the trim curls of Faye's crotch, tongue exploring. Faye's own hands sunk into those luscious dark locks, dark as her own, darker than her lovers, Riley's....Riley. As if to make it all the worse, Faye could almost feel, as if it were real, Riley, stepping up behind her, pressing her own bare chest to Faye's back, her hands cupping the Betazoids modest bust, squeezing while - STOP!!!

"Um....well," she managed after the mental cry. She realized that her voice was a bit deeper, more throaty than what the other woman had imagined in her....fantasies? "Hi." Lame, Faye.

Reply #4
[ Lt.Com. Vivian Martin | Corridor | Deck 15 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Brutus
[Show/Hide]

Martin could tell that something was read, and with that knowledge came a burning sensation in her face as color definitively began to rise in it. The physical (and attractive) presence of the woman before her seemed to act as a beacon of shame for Martin, who knew in her heart that her thoughts had been heard by the black eyed Betazoid. She stood there for some time, completely unsure of what action she should take. Should she apologize? Should she just go on her way, and hope that the situation just blew over? Part of her wanted to embrace the woman in front of her and kiss her passionately and with as much lust as she could muster. Part of her wanted to simply return to her quarters and think on what had just happened. And indeed she almost did, before she stopped and paused, and turned back to face the telepath.

“Er… look.” Martin said, “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have… well, I should have maybe just thought a bit quieter? If that’s possible?” Martin winced at herself, a fresh wave of shame washing over her like an incoming tide.

She wished she could have been anywhere else at that moment, but all she could think about was the woman’s face, leaning in as she made to kiss her, or her head as it was buried between Martin’s thighs. Martin screamed silently in her head, in a desperate attempt to clear it. She tried to think of something else, anything else. Now other sensations floated through her head, other memories, now she thought of Lyhn joining them, thought of the her and the woman standing in front of Martin standing over her as they leaned in to- ENOUGH!

Martin shook her head before she continued her thread of speech from just prior. “Uh, hey, you know what?” She said, as she stuck out her hand. “We don’t even know each other, my name is Martin, er… Lieutenant Commander Vivian Martin, you can call me Vivian or Martin or either, I don’t really care so much either way.” She swallowed involuntarily out of sheer nervousness. “And uh… and you are?” Martin asked.

Reply #5
[Show/Hide]

Thought quieter? Oh, Bless the poor woman Faye exclaimed to herself, feeling a bit of her own awkward tension ease at this ladies clear discomfort. There was no denying that the gym bound woman was well aware, just by her own dark eyes, that Faye was a Betazoid, and had at least a passing understanding of what that meant in their current context. Chiefly, that you want to explore every inch of my body - and that I know exactly how you want to do it.Yes, that was a heady feeling for the young diplomat, made all the stronger by her own resulting impulses. There was no hiding the fact that her own skin was about as red as her uniform. She found herself biting her lip at the other woman's discomfort, and digging her toe gently into the carpeted deck.

Her dark eyes flashed, and then darted down as she rung her hands together behind her back. Now who is that? Faye wondered, head tilting, as she got another dose from the trapped officer. She had to be an officer, after all, if she had quarters here. Unless she's sneaking out of someone else's? But no, the feeling of wanting to hide in 'her' quarters put rest that notion. And the other woman in her mind ...oh. oh my. Such desire and...sorrow. Oh you poor thing. For a moment at least, Faye could set aside the impulsive desire to know for herself how the woman tasted, and to stretch out, pushing her fingers deep into both the new comer (thank you, mental feedback loops!) and her own Riley...and instead draw in that tiny inkling of loss, and do her best to put the other woman at ease.

"I'm not sure you could think quieter at the moment. And i should be apologizing, ma'am," Faye replied after realizing that the woman - Vivian - had spoken aloud, forcing her to respond in kind. For the best, likely. Otherwise i'll be thinking about her thighs wrapped tight around my head, drowning out all the sounds save the moans....enough of that Faye. Clearly my libido needs a doctor...or a nurse...dammit.

"Normally, we Betazoids are a bit better about not peeking into stray thoughts." She took the offered hand in her own, and gave it a tight squeeze, quietly enjoying the skin on skin contact. Yes, she'd have to tell Riley about this later. There was no way she was going to hide this encounter from her Nurse. Probably already knows, damn her. Stupid cordical monitor. A shy, almost bashful smile graced her lips as she now knew how Vivian's hand felt. Deciding to play the stereotypical, open and nonchalant Betazoid, she let her gaze move back to Vivian's. "Ensign Faye Lintah Eloi-Danvers. Ships current ranking Diplomat, at your service. I um...picked up a lot," she went right with it, "including the impression that this ship is new to you? As are the ah, quarters behind you? er, ma'am."

Reply #6
[ Lt.Com. Vivian Martin | Corridor | Deck 15 | USS Theurgy ]
[Show/Hide]

The physical sensation of contact sent a rush up and down Martin’s self as the Betazoid gave her hand a squeeze. Martin tilted her head with a smile as the woman before her, now identified as Faye, introduced herself. “Faye, that’s a lovely name.” she said, before she could stop herself.

Martin’s cheeks reddened even more than they had before, and a bead of sweat rolled down the side of her neck. Martin was sure now that she had embarrassed herself sufficiently to the point in which all of her fantasies would never see reality. Though as she remarked that in her head, she remembered the previous day, how she had romped with reptiles for quite some time, perhaps it didn’t really matter in the long run. Regardless, Faye was now where her intentions lay, and there was now a fear that Martin had bungled her chances forever. If she could smooth out relations now, then there would be no need to fear.

“Uh… Right, yes, yeah I’m new to the ship, I came from the Resolve before it was destroyed.” She said. A small inkling of regret flashed through her mind regarding Jessica Lyhn, but this was quickly pushed out from her thoughts by the much stronger impulse that now dominated them. “And yes, these are my quarters, I’m new to them as well.” And she knew she would love to introduce Faye to them, to explore Faye’s body within the recesses of her bedroom. A part of Martin screamed at her to simply go on her way, to try and forget that this intersection of courses had never happened, but another part of her wished to turn said intersection into proper intercourse, though she knew not how. Eventually she simply said. “Er… would you care to join me? Maybe sit down for some tea? Or do you prefer coffee? Or…” Her voice simply trailed off as she vaguely attempted to articulate what she meant with confused gesturing.

Reply #7
[Show/Hide]

"My mother rather thought so as well. Thank you," she replied to the babbled appreciation for her name. "Family name, apparently. Mom hailed from a place called Tennessee. Well, adoptive mother, but either way, Mom." If she were being honest with herself, the information vomit she just dumped out was as much an attempt to seem nonchalant as a tiny bit of feedback from Vivian's own disjointed emotional state. This is going to get frustrating, fast, she concluded. But at least talking to Vivian was helping to keep her from prying deeper into the scientists thoughts.

As Faye had suspected, the taller woman came from another ship. She'd had enough time to review the bare bones basics of their situation earlier that morning in her quarters, going through reports Commander Trent had made available to her. Part of her Limited Duty assignment, for the moment. Which of course, did not help with the impending threat they all faced, the fear of saucers suddenly appearing off the port bow, out of the blue swirls that surrounded the Theurgy. And clearly, whomever this woman was - sica Lyhn? she got briefly, before other images surfaced - was special to the Lt. Commander, and no longer in the picture. Clearly also from the Resolve Faye inferred.

It was clear that Vivan was all in a jumble about how to proceed, and the younger woman decided she'd take this nice and slow. Oh yes, she knew that Vivian wanted to do things that were damned enticing. And Faye was certainly interested, and open to the idea. But she also needed to address those things with Riley first. Still. This was another member of the senior staff, and Faye desperately needed to get a grasp on who was in charge of what now. This would be a good start. Oh, and admit it. you're attracted to her. How could you not be, knowing what she wants to do to you, and just how fun that would be to do. Betazoid were open and flirtatious when it came to sex, and matters of the heart, for that matter. What she had with Riley was unusual only in how fast it developed. A tryst with Vivian would be perfectly fine - on Betazed.

Neither Vivian nor Riley are Betazoids, however. They are humans, and humanity is full of strange and wondrous  - and damned confusing - cultures. Best not to make any assumptions. No matter how much fun it might be to bend Vivian over the back of her couch and do some exploring of my own. With my tongue. Dammit.

So instead of going onto her own quarters as she had planned, Faye replied with, "Tea sounds lovely, Commander - Vivian." And it did. "Riley - Nurse Patterson that is, my um...caretaker," she pushed her hair back, displaying the monitor, "discovered I'm something of an obsessive fan when it comes to teas."

Reply #8
[ Lt.Com. Vivian Martin | Corridor | Deck 15 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Brutus
[Show/Hide]

Martin exhaled a breath of relief as Faye accepted. “Great!” She exclaimed. And then had a slight moment of panic, and then quickly made a dire attempt at recovery. “I- I mean, oh, well, you know, that will be nice.” She shifted slightly on her feet. “Um, right, in we go then.” She said, and then quickly turned around and led the way into her quarters.

The quarters of Lieutenant Commander Vivian Martin were fairly normal for a recently moved in department head, and indeed the room was almost entirely bereft of Martin’s own personal furnishings, and almost entirely populated by the standard issue arrangement. There were however a few elements which Martin had added since she had been assigned the aforementioned quarters. These included a plain vase of blue and orange genetically modified lilies which she had obtained from the arboretum, a replicated painting of a beautiful alpine vista of some far-off moon, and a glass container upon the shelf which seemed to contain some scented liquid, which made the entire room smell of something like a fresh autumnal day. But Martin was not here to show off her additions to the room, rather she immediately made for the replicator in the room and produced two steaming mugs of tea, one for each of them.

“Would you care to sit down?” Martin asked, as she gestured with one hand towards the table in the far end of the room. “I didn;t really know what kind of tea you wanted so I just got us some black tea for both of us, and I hope that’s okay and not too offensive as-” Martin realized she had begun to ramble and caught herself mid-sentence. “Well... “ she smiled and sat down. “At any rate I could always just get you something else if need be.” Like a trip to the bedroom, came her thoughts without invitation. Quiet you, came another thought, pushing away her desire and lust. In the end, she simply remarked. “I suppose if you’ve seen inside my head then you probably know why I’m ah… Why I’m trying to do this, I was hoping to make it up to you for that sudden, well, that particular train of thought.” She looked down at her tea, her own thoughts and feelings a jumble of chaos and confusion.

Reply #9
[ Ens. Faye Lintah Eloi-Danvers | Corridors outside Department Head Quarters block | Deck 15 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Hastata-Nerada 
[Show/Hide]

Tucking her bag tight under her left art, Faye allowed Martin to lead her back into the senior officers quarters. She gingerly stepped over the threshold, letting her head turn from one side to the other, eyes darting about, taking in the space. A part of her had to wonder if the new quarters she'd been assigned, just down the hall, were the same as the ones she'd stepped into. Would the layout be the same? The size? or would it be configured slightly different. It was clear that Vivian was still getting used to the place. There were only a few personal touches. Just like me, she thought, turning her gaze from the picture on the wall to the scientist standing in front of the replicator.

Its a good view, she admitted to herself, humming a bit, letting her eyes roam up and down at those tight, tight shorts. She took in a slow breath through her nose, drawing in the scent in the air, reminded of home. Oh, she was well aware that the woman's thoughts were having a bit of an affect on her. More than a bit if she were being truly honest. Even when her control was at its best, the Betazoid was always flattered by the stray thought when it came to her person, never bothered. Without the control, she was more than just flattered, of course. Her imagination was running wild to.

I hope Riley has a good laugh about this, she concluded, needing to sound out just what the human was comfortable with, and not. She had impressions of course, lots of them, but she didn't dare let herself assume anything. Betazoids were...open. Very much so. Humans were...confusing. Very much so. And in any good relationship, there had to be compromise. Faye hoped Riley would accept her natural inclinations and openness, and that it would match with what Faye had perceived of the other woman. But she wouldn't know until they talked.

All the same, I be she'd like the idea of me walking right over there and pulling those shorts down to bite that shapely- ease up Faye! she laughed in her head, relaxing  as she patted her bag. At the urging of Lt. Cmdr Martin, Faye let the bag slide off of her arm, to rest against the chair as she sat, leaning forward and taking the cup from the superior officer. She couldn't help but glance towards the bed room when Martin thought about it, then back to the scientist, a smile and a blush spreading over her face.

"You don't have to make up for anything Commander Ma - Vivian," Faye quietly spoke now, raising the tea up and drawing in a nose-full of steam. "The tea is perfectly fine. And I'd be lying if I said I was anything other than flattered by your...train of thought. They're...rather vivid, and do me a justice I'm not sure I deserve." She was leaving out how the images were perhaps, perchance arousing her quite a bit more than she'd expected. Long shower, long talk with Riley...both at once maybe?

Reply #10
[ Lt.Com. Vivian Martin | Martin's Quarters | Deck 15 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Brutus
[Show/Hide]

Color rose to Martin’s flustered cheeks. “F-flattered? Really?” Martin asked, briefly forgetting about the tea in her hands. “I would have assumed that it would have been a bit unwelcome, considering I… well I barely even know you, and I assumed that it would be somewhat, you know, invasive, or-” She paused, trying to think of the proper word to use. “Not invasive, something else, what’s the word? Uh.. unwelcome? No, not that. Intrusive? Inappropriate? Yeah that sounds more like it.” She said.

At that point Martin remembered she had tea in her hands and lifted her mug up to her face to breath in the steam. “I would like,” she continued. “to apologize at the very least for running into you like that, and thinking such things within, ah, what do you call it, it’s not within earshot, is it within thought… shot?” Martin gestured vaguely to try and articulate her point. “Either way, I feel like it was rather rude of me, but…” She hesitated. “You said it was flattering, Or that it didn’t quite do you justice, or…” She trailed off a bit before continuing. “You know what I mean. Anyway. Are you sure about that? I mean I feel like most people would be offended, or at least put off by it?” She said.

Reply #11
[Show/Hide]

Unable to keep it off her face, Faye smiled as she sipped from the mug in her hands, listening to Martin work her way through surprise and apology. She knew the woman was interested. And she knew that the Science Officer was sincere in her concern for over stepping, her sense of guilt. The Betazoid had allowed herself to be open to the impressions and surface thoughts rolling around in Vivian's head. At this point, that was a far easier option than trying to block it all out. And it gave her insight into the woman across from her, to help her deal with the situation unfolding.

The cup of tea was an excellent way to hide her smile.

Setting it down though, letting Martin see that - despite the blush on her cheeks - Faye was fine, was a calculated move on the diplomats part. Perhaps I can use this as a practice run for how I'm going to explain myself to Riley after this is all over, she silently postulated, deciding to make the most of the opportunity that had nearly barreled her over as it fell into her lap. Instinctually she reached up to tuck a few strands of hair back behind her ear, fumbling ever so slightly as she realized she was using her replacement hand. But Faye refused to let that little tremble put a stop to what needed to be said. She'd focus on that concern later.

"First off, I promise that I am quite sure about how I feel in regards to your more private thoughts. If anyone should be apologizing, its myself. We Betazoids pick up quite a lot whether we want to or not, but as a rule we try to ignore the thoughts of other non betazoids. Its much harder in a full population of telepaths than it is on a starship with hundreds of species - " Realizing she was babbling she stopped, laughed a bit and clarified, "What i mean to say is that as a rule we don't go prying, and try not to pick up thoughts if we can. Your;s were particularly strong, and I failed at keeping them out."

Sipping the tea again, she continued, "Betazoids are a very open people, Vivian. We find pretenses to be pointless. There is no pretending, on a planet of telepaths, if you do or don't like someone. No hiding such intense emotions. We learn to take them as the compliment they are intended, not as something offensive. You find me attractive." She stated it as a fact, not a question. "Naturally, that instant attraction lead to thoughts - intimate, detailed thoughts, yes, but theres nothing inappropriate about that." Her fingers curled and rubbed the tip of her nose, brushing down along the bridge of it as she chewed her lip.

"And when I said doing me justice, I may have tripped over the words. You...imagine me," Intimately, erotically, beautifully "In a more favorable light than I see myself. Certainly a more attractive light."

Reply #12
[ Lt.Com. Vivian Martin | Martin’s Quarters | Deck 15 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Brutus
[Show/Hide]

“I don’t know,” Martin replied, as she blushed into her tea. “I find you very attractive.” Martin paused and looked down, unsure of how she should proceed. This, she thought, is going nowhere very fast. She had to think of something, something for her to say that wouldn’t make it so awkward for the both of them. “Uh… ‘your eyes are like the deltas of an ocean, I would so like to swim in y-’” Martin stopped and put a hand on her face. “I’m sorry, you know what, that was terrible, I don’t know what I was doing. That was from a novel I read and… I don’t know why I thought that would work.”

Martin felt like the world was crashing down upon her and that no amount of assuagement could salvage the situation. She decided to just cut to the chase already and quit deliberating. “Uh… look… I’m sorry about all this. I find you very attractive and I wouldn’t mind maybe… well… I don’t uh…” It occurred to Martin that she knew not what to say, and that she might have just made the situation even more awkward than before. “I don’t know,” she continued. “I was thinking maybe you and I could uh...?” She gestured with a quick nod with her head towards the bedroom area of Martin’s quarters. “You know…? N-not to be creepy or anything, just that, well, uh, I figured that after looking into my head you might have seen this coming anyway?” Martin fumbled with the words as they tumbled unceremoniously out of her mouth. She hoped that at least some of what she had said made sense, to save face.

OOC: I apologize for the brevity here, it's mostly just dialogue that I was able to come up with.

Reply #13
[Show/Hide]

It was an effort worthy of Hercules, the old Earth Myth her mother would read her at night, that kept Faye from outright laughing at the other woman's attempt at flattery. "No, no, please don't be so harsh on yourself. It was sweet. I can honestly say no one has tried to flatter me by quoting a line from a book." Faye told her, raising a hand in an effort to stave off any self deprecating thoughts the scientist might have surfacing. Just because it wasn't her cup of tea didn't mean that Faye found the attempt any less endearing. The senior officers self-conscious manner was a pleasant change from the stoic self-assurance she'd been dealing with from Captain Ives and Commander Trent. It - like the botched attempt at quoting a book - was actually endearing. Tis a shame for Commander Martin that my heart is spoken for. This is a woman that needs someone to truly appreciate and balance her.

None of that made it to Faye's face, however. After a night of sleep, and a chance to begin to cope with her new situation, Faye was a bit more in control of her expression and the way she carried herself.  It allowed her to process the words coming from Cmdr Martin without panicking and fleeing the room. And if she were honest with herself, she would admit that there was a mutual attraction there, and burning curiosity to see if she would enjoy fulfilling some of the older womans fantasies in regards to the two of them. There was also the lingering question about sexual tension on this ship, and just what the hell was wrong with everyone. Before the events at Jupiter station, she'd hardly had anyone pay attention to her, beyond a few harmless flirts. Everyone on this ship seemed to be in a state of constant arousal. She didn't think that her own perceptions on things were clouding reality just a bit for her.

"Comman -" She stopped herself, a practiced, purposeful measure, that she only felt a little guilty about using as she switched to the woman's given name. "Vivian." Keeping her tone measured, inviting, but collected, Faye continued. "First, I want to insist, again, that you have nothing to be embarrassed about, and no reason to trip over yourself. " Never mind that you're worrying about doing just that yourself, hypocrite. "I would be lying if I said i wasn't interested. I very, very much, want to know if I....live up to your fantasies." Open honesty was the way to go in this situation, Fay had decided. It wasn't always the best diplomatic tactic, but in this case, she was falling back on culture, as much as her training.

This wasn't the first time she'd been propositioned while in a position that she could not accept it, despite what her base desires might be. But the last time that had happened, diplomatic tensions and her pride as a Starfleet officer -a as well as possibly compromising her position on the diplomatic team - had been at risk. Now, something different - but equally important to Faye- was on the line. her relationship, blossoming and in its beginning stages as it was - with Riley hung in the balance.

"I cannot go back there with you now," she stressed, her hand pushing her hair back a bit, flashing the cordial monitor into view again, a subtle reminder (if not wholly accurate) that she was under medical observation and probably shouldn't be engaging in such...cardiovascular activities as would certainly ensue, given the vivid thoughts in both their minds. Pressed against the wall with her face between my legs, barely able to stay upright, gods. And was that a strap on I saw in her thoughts?

Her hands reached out across the small table between them and closed over Vivian's, holding them tightly in her grip in what she thought was a comforting, welcoming gesture, and one that, frankly , offered more than perhaps Faye could promise - or should have done, considering the difference in rank. But unlike Vulcans, or even humans for that matter, Betazoids were a very tactile species. "I cannot do this now. Do not think that doesn't mean that I am not interested. I am. But, there is someone else in my life that I would need to ...clear it with, before I did anything at all. With anyone else. A discussion I haven't really had a chance to have." She blushed a bit that revelation. Vivian was bearing deep heated fantasies to her. The lease Faye could do was try to explain why she was turning her down, without shutting the door entirely. She felt a yearning to help the scientist find a bit of relief. If she had been on Betazed, there would be very little question of how things would have proceeded - into the bed room. She was not, however, on the Homeworld, or the colony she grew up on. Nor was she ...dating? a fellow Betazoid.

Reply #14
[ Lt.Com. Vivian Martin | Martin's Quarters | Deck 15 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Brutus
[Show/Hide]

Martin’s heart sank and color rose to her face as she listened attentively to what Faye had to say. It seemed to Martin that she had embarrassed herself quite thoroughly right now, despite what Faye seemed to say. She felt as if her heart were suddenly plummeting, falling into a deep abyss of ruination and solitude. She felt as if she had been crushed by the sheer weight of her own shame and humiliation. But there was hope. A dim ray of hope, one that confused Martin to say the least.  Faye had said she was interested, something which intrigued Martin to no end. Though why she suddenly seemed to have such a heightened libido was beyond her, maybe she should get it checked with Doctor Nicander. Still, Faye did say that she was interested on some level, and Martin's heart leaped again when Faye placed her hands on Martin's, her sapphic soul relishing in the experience of physical contact, no matter hoe brief it might be.

"Well..." Martin replied, after Faye was finished talking. "I notice you have a cortical monitor on your neck there, are you saying you can't er..." Martin's heart raced as she glanced between Faye and the bedroom. "Go back there with me because it would show up as dangerous on the monitor or..." Martin dreaded the possibility that what she would say next would actually be true. "Or do you have someone in your life already?" A sudden possibility began to make it's way into Martin's head space, a minute possibility, but one nonetheless. What if this third person, if they existed, were to join them? She quickly pushed it out of the way and blinked a couple of times as she cleared her head. Turning her attention back to Faye, she simply said, "What if we were to discuss it with them? Maybe something could be worked out or...?" She sighed and hung her head. "I'm sorry, I must seem so desperate."

Reply #15
[ Ens. Faye Lintah Eloi-Danvers | Corridors outside Department Head Quarters block | Deck 15 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Hastata-Nerada 
[Show/Hide]

Lighter brunette strands of hair joined in the heated images that filled Faye's mind, as Riley moved in behind her mental image of herself, cupping the betazoid's small breasts, teasing them, as she whispered sweet nothings, Vivian still down between the diplomats legs. A silent cry echoed in her thoughts as her nipples were twisted to the point of pain, and lips attached the nub beneath - Faye blinked, face flushed, and shook away that heated thought. She'd taken a snippet of desire from Vivan and her mind had filled in the blanks with Riley playing the third part in the intimate, mental dance.

The ensign realized she was squirming slightly in her seat, and forced herself to still her legs, and ignore the blooming heat between them. She had to focus on Vivian instead, and summoned up her training to cool her nerves. Somehow I doubt this is what the instructors at Babble had in mind when they taught me these tricks, she ruefully acknowledged. I could teach a class at this rate.  Diplomacy and the Art of Sexual Relations, 101, by Faye Lintah Eloi-Danvers.

"You sound open and honest, attracted, and concerned. All of which is quiet refreshing compared to the emotional backwash of this entire ship," retorted Faye as she tried to help reassure Vivian. in part, this was an excellent test of interpersonal skills that had lain dormant in the stasis pod over the past months. In part, Faye was scrambling as best she could. Behind that collected facade was a woman that was in the throws of a new found love, being propositioned by a seasoned officer that also drew her attraction. She would not - could not - risk that new relationship until she had a moment  to properly frame the discussion with Riley. Humans and betazoids were so diff - ah, perhaps thats the track.

"My medical status aside," she began, "boundaries are a discussion I still need to have with the...the other party. I'm not fully sure she knows what she is getting into with me. Nor I with her, truthfully." A small smile, and then, a question. "Tell me, Vivan," she continued, hands still on the scientists, "What do you know about Betazoids?"

Reply #16
[ Lt.Com. Vivian Martin | Martin’s Quarters | Deck 15 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Brutus
[Show/Hide]

Martin wished she hadn't made such a fool of herself. Yet still, the tantalizing thought of this betazoid positioned betwixt Martin's thighs, as her deft tongue explored Martin's depths. But another part of Martin knew that perhaps this was simply not possible. After all, Faye had made it clear that there was another party involved, who this was, Martin did not know, but she desired not to come between them if possible. And despite Faye's reassurances, Martin couldn't help but feel as though she did not deserve them. Forcing herself to ignore the sensations between her legs, Martin instead attempted to focus herself on the question that the betazoid diplomat posed to her.

"Oh, what do I know about betazoids?" Martin replied. "Uhhh, well, not that much to be perfectly honest. I know that Betazoids possess an advanced brain structure which allows for quantum broadcasting and receiving of neural patterns." She thought a bit. "I can name at least some of the anatomical differences between humans and betazoids- or, well, at least as far as internals go..." She sighed as she trailed off. "I admit most of my knowledge comes from a purely academic standpoint, one which seeks to study and explore the biological."

Martin withdrew her hands from Faye's (albeit with some remorse), and folded them across her chest. "I do want to say though that if there is another party involved, and you have said that there is, I do not wish to get in between you and the other, whoever that may be." Martin sighed again after she spoke. "I simply wished for... for some sort of a dalliance between us, and if that wish must go unfulfilled then... well... so be it." She said, while looking somewhat downcast.

Reply #17
[Show/Hide]

A more concise and scientific break down of the bio and neuro-chemical make up of a Betazoid brain Faye had not heard, at least outside of the finishing school courses she attended back on the farm. It wasn't too surprising. Despite the rather scattered appearance and heated desire that currently coursed through the older woman, seated across from Faye, the diplomat could sense an highly structured and organized mind, brimming with scientific knowledge and curiosity. And yes, lust. A whole bushel of it. And as sweet as a Denobulan star fruit.

Easy there kitten, call down she told herself as she watched Martin pull away, folding back in on herself. She felt the sadness coming off the science officer, and she licked at her own lips, choosing her next words carefully.

"In all honesty, I need to have this conversation with my paramour in any case. It's something that we Betazoids tend to cover early on in a relationship. I've just been...scattered,"she offered up a sheepish smile, her fingers twiddling about each other, hands on her lap. "Its been a rough couple of....well, months, technically, though it feels like two days for me." The sheepish look calmed.

"From a social standpoint, you won't find many more open and welcoming cultures than that of a Betazoid. We can be stodgy at times," she admitted, a smirk crossing her face as she thought of a certain ambassador. "Considerably over the top. Vibrant. Full of life, and love, and sharing that with those around us. Relationships - physical relationships - are  not held in the same class of reverence as emotional ones. In a race full of telepaths, pretending that a desire, an attraction doesn't exist simply because one is involved with another hardly seems sensible.

"However, my paramour is human, and from what I know about your species....well, its a right toss up as to what one of you would be comfortable with. Hence the desire to talk cultural differences with them. My nature is amours when it comes to matters of the flesh. Matters of the heart are an entirely different case."

Ducking her head down, she let her dark eyes flick up. Gods but this was awkward, she confessed, if only to herself. There was an innate desire to make things better, with a kiss on those pouting lips. "What I'm trying to say is don't give up all hope just yet, Vivan. The thought of a dalliance is quite enticing to me as well. I simply cannot act on those enticements until after I establish what my partner is comfortable with."

Reply #18
[Show/Hide]

Martin's shoulders visibly sagged as Faye spoke. Though there was a glimmer of hope. The fact that both of them appeared to share a mutual infatuation, or a mutual lust at any rate, and that Faye was willing to have a talk with her paramour about exactly this sort of thing, it gave Martin somewhat of a faint hope for what the future entailed. Then again, what was she getting herself into? What would this mean for her previous relationships? Now that she thought about it, what would be Sithick's reaction to Martin being in such a relationship? Could she stand to juggle two such relationships at one time? Well... Sithick and her had said they'd see each other again, but what does that really mean? Martin resolved to see how the future played out instead.

Nevertheless, what Faye said about betazoids made sense to Martin. It seemed that whatever Faye had planned, she wasn't willing to give up on the idea of a dalliance just yet, and for that matter neither was Martin. Martin nodded in response and stood up, and paced around the lukewarm, spartan room a bit in thought before she arrived back at the table and said, "I understand, Faye. And hey, listen, if you ever want to get scientifically gay and get real messy, just give me a call and come on over." As soon as she had said that, she stopped and looked down. Why had she said that? Suq must be rubbing off on her.

Martin sighed and sat back down. "I mean, sorry, I..." She stammered. "What I mean to say is, if you ever decide to, you know, take me up on my offer, just give me a call."

Reply #19
[Show/Hide]

A giggle slipped out, and threatened to snowball into a full on laugh at Vivian's words. She smiled, bright, cheeks rosy, as she leaned back in the seat that she'd taken across from the science chief. Oh, but she is adorable. I know poor Riley would be in tears right now, she thought with an absolute certainty that came from knowing the mind and thoughts of another even if but for a moment. She could picture her nurse right then, doubled over next to her. Biting her lip, Faye shook with mirth as she addressed the older woman.

"I think I like the way you said it at first better," she confessed, crossing one leg over the other, the tip of her booted toe a bare inch from the top of the table between them. It began to bob up and down as she continued, a sly smile on her face. I'm going from consoling to teasing and that's mean, but this is entirely too fun.

"Should she be amenable, I can promise you that I will be back. The truth is," she paused for effect, the impish nature of her namesake flaring up bright for a moment as she felt more like herself than she had in some time. "Your mind is full of very, very vivid thoughts and desires. And there are quite a few of them that I would enjoy acting out and improvising from." Her eyes dropped down a bit as her heat colored her cheeks. "Though I'm not entirely sure the coffee table would survive that last one."

Reply #20
[Show/Hide]

Martin's cheeks turned a rosy coloration as Faye laughed at her response. Part of Martin wished that she was a telepath as well, and that she might be able to divine some of the thoughts which laid within the betazoid diplomat's mind. Martin's heart skipped a beat as Faye replied and added that she would be back should her paramour be amenable to Martin's proposition. "Your mind is full of very, very vivid thoughts and desires. And there are quite a few of them that I would enjoy acting out and improvising from." Faye said, something which made Martin's cheeks blush even further. But then Faye continued and said, "Though I'm not entirely sure the coffee table would survive that last one."

Martin furtively glanced around, hoping to find something to bury her face in, anything to hide her visage from the betazoid before her. The fact that Martin's thoughts were still on display for anyone nearby to pick up was something she had forgotten. Well, not anyone, but the fact that they were still being broadcast was something she hadn't considered, and now she felt she was paying the price for it. If her face could get any more red it would be mistaken for a rose, as she sat upright, attempting to regain her composure.

"Ehem, well..." Martin replied. "I suppose I didn't exactly become the chief of science for having a stale mind, aha ha ha..." She laughed nervously before trailing off. "Uhm, anyway," Martin continued. "I guess if there's no chance in our ah... intercourse now, I might as well wish you on  your way..." She said, and bit her lip out of guilt.

Reply #21
[ Ens. Faye Lintah Eloi-Danvers | Corridors outside Department Head Quarters block | Deck 15 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: 
[Show/Hide]

If anyone should be guilty right now its me, Faye thought to herself, but didn't speak aloud. Not because she was considering taking Vivian up on her offer; far from it. That was as natural as stopping to smell one of the Terran roses her mother had transplanted to the small flower garden on their farm. At least, to a Betazoid it was natural. Humans had such a variety of moral standards that one was never quite sure where they stood with a human - unless one read their mind. And Faye was trying hard not to pry.

That, however, was why Faye should feel guilty. Vivian was a beacon in the night for anyone with a telepathic inkling in that moment. Broadcasting brightly, like a quasar, distant in the galactic sky, but powerful. She felt Vivian's guilt, she felt her embarrassment, her hope and her desire for more. And so Faye took all of that to her heart as she picked up the tea again and took a gentle sip.

"Regardless of the reasoning behind the invitation, I do want to thank you for the tea. And for the unique introduction," she said with her most flattering smile, putting on a diplomatic 'charm offensive' as one instructor had called it. "Ever since coming out of stasis i've felt so very lost and scattered. So many people I don't know, all around me, and such upheval. You're one of the first that have taken the time to introduce themselves."

After having stated such thanks and gratitude - genuine - she placed the cup back down and smiled again. Doing her best to ignore the thought nagging at the back of her min and instead prepare to depart. Specifically, the idea to stand up, walk over, drop her pants and grind her rear and sex up against Vivian's lap. "It appears that i'm only a few doors down from you now, for what it is worth."

Reply #22
[Show/Hide]

Upon seeing Faye stand, Martin stood as well, and put down her barely touched tea. She nodded as Faye spoke, conscious, the entire time, that Faye could be picking up the thoughts she had running through her mind at the moment. Martin felt almost naked, even though she was fully clothed and in uniform, as if the woman across from her were already running her hands over Martin's body even as she sat there. Not that Martin would particularly mind of course, but still, the experience made her feel very conspicuous and exposed. It was borderline frightening, to be bereft of control and to be so exposed, the idea that her every thought could be detected by the woman who sat across from her. At the same time, the diplomatic attache before her didn't seem in the least bit threatening, and indeed, Martin's lust seemed unperturbed by the thought of being so exposed, and the fact that her thoughts seemed to intrigue Faye only drove it further. In fact, were she not on duty, she would definitely seek to progress this strange relationship of theirs further. Martin blinked a couple of times as she sought to clear her thoughts. That was right, she was on duty, there would be no time to pursue their relationship anyway. What was she thinking? She shouldn't let herself be so tempted, after all she had a harmonic resonance chamber to finish, of which she had contracted the help of Sithick, Rel, and one of Thurgy's other engineers for. So, it was with great reluctance that she could just chuckle and blush when the Betazoid said their quarters weren't that far apart.

"It does appear so," she said, swallowing as she stood up, feeling like she was almost fleeing from Faye, even if she didn't want to. "I... would like to continue this conversation - or the lack of it - later on. I really should be returning to my duties now, though. But... Thank you for the conversation, and the... And your suggestions. I will, ahem... I mean, I hope we see each other again soon." She smiled and folded her arms behind her back, making a mental note to shift her focus to the harmonic resonance chamber from here on out, and hopefully distract herself from what could come to be between herself and Faye in the future.

Reply #23
[ Ens. Faye Lintah Eloi-Danvers | Corridors outside Department Head Quarters block | Deck 15 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: 
[Show/Hide]

There was a flash of thought from Vivain that Faye picked up and it heated her cheeks just a little to know that the Science Chief felt so exposed in her presence. And that she didn't seem to mind it, and was rather excited by it. Even as the woman schooled her thoughts, focusing on duty and what lay ahead, Faye found herself pondering implications of the older womans bared desire to be...well, bared, for lack of a better word.

Fascinating.

Faye knew she would have a lot to think about when it came to Lt. Cmdr. Vivan Martin, and how to proceed with the dark haired beauty. Think about, and talk over with Riley. Because as much physical attraction as there now was between the two women - and there was no pretending otherwise - there was a far different bond between Faye and Riley, knew and fresh and needing nourishment.  It wasn't as if Faye hadn't picked up desires for others from her Paramore - entirely natural - nor desires from others in regards to the Nurse. The poor Bajoran from the library came to mind.

Oh, enough. Its time to go, Faye. Be a good girl and say good bye. Properly chastised, though smiling genuinely at her own plight, Faye dipped her head towards Vivian. Reading body language as much as mental impressions, the Betazoid resisted her first impulse - to hug the officer - and instead tried for her brightest smile.

"we will meet again, Vivian, I promise." she tilted her head to the door, "I really am just down the hall, and I owe you an answer, one way or another. Give me a few days, and i'll let you know." She hoped that she would let the other woman know by helping her release some of that pent up sexual frustration the whole conversation had lead to. Speaking of frustration...

She turned and headed towards the door, pausing to leave with a parting, "It was lovely to meet you, Commander. Thank you for everything." And then shashayed out, bag tucked under her arm.

I wonder if my quarters will have a real shower...i need a cold one after that. And I need to tell Riley about this, right now...

"Eloi-Danvers to Patterson. Riley?" She asked into her combadge as she keyed in her access code to her own new quarters, "You'll never guess what happened on my way to my new new quarters..."

FIN

Simple Audio Video Embedder