Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 413925 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #775
Well I disagree. :) They showed us a lot of things the prequels should have shown us, like Anakin and Obi-Wan being buds, or Anakin taking little, subtle baby steps towards the Dark Side (as opposed to genocide and COLD-BLOODED CHILD MURDER), while still being a fun space adventure. Importantly, stuff like the Mortis arc and Master Yoda's arc from the end of season 6 helped put the magic back in Star Wars.

Reply #776
Also...

Please be informed that there has been an announcement about notifications:

http://houseeros.com/roleplay-role-playing-forum/index.php?topic=42276.0

You can restore your notifications with the Account Settings, just clicking the boxes as you prefer. Please make sure to read the announcement though.

Best,

Lucan

I wondered why my notifications stopped.  I had to do a system restore on my computer just to access this site!  I wonder how many of our posters will go AWOL while patiently waiting their turn.

Reply #777
I have contacted all our writers in some way to let them know about the notifications.  We should be ok.

However...

IMPORTANT

There are two places where you all change your notification preferences. First the forum notifications at the account settings and secondly, you restore your notifications for Personal Messages in that separate preferences menu that you can access when checking your PMs.

Best,

Lucan

Reply #778
hey there sorry i havent been replying recently, my work schedule changed a bit and I am still adjusting t the slightly different hours.  Also i have been helping a friend with homework and the like in acollege course and as a result my personal computer time has went down just a bit.  I shoul be back to posting normal this afternoon

Reply #779
Unlike Lucan, I had a strict "no roleplay" ban enforced on my vacation lol. However I'm back (and in one piece) so I will be trying to post tonight. If anyone has any pending replies they need from me (already saw your post, Searcher :D ), just shoot me a forum pm. Dunno if/when I'll be on the chat today, and frankly pm's are better for me for planning and such.

Reply #780
Apologies to everyone I'm currently in a scene with. I have a family reunion all weekend, so I likely won't be able to reply frequently. I'll try to have something up soon but it's all up in the air right now.

Reply #781
I'll be out this weekend as I'm helping out at a festival. Will get back to posting on Monday I think. Sorry for those who are still waiting for a reply from me :<

Reply #782
C'mon guys!  It's summer, we have to enjoy it while we can!!!  Go, have fun and we'll be around when you get back - unless we're out partying too hehehe.

I've been running around like a blue-arsed fly the last couple of weeks, job hunting mostly but the odd pony-shaped distraction appears too ;)  I've had two interviews this week alone, it's mad I tell you!  I am flying on and posting when I can, the rest of the time I am thinking about what to say when I reply so I can streamline the whole process a bit. 

So yeah, what I'm getting at is that I've been pretty busy too so I apologise for delays but I will get back to you all as soon as I can :)

Much love xxx

Reply #783
I'd like to apologize to the group for my lack of activity and generally poor response times.  I'm sure it's created some frustration and perhaps hurt feelings, and most unfortunate of all, left you all with the impression I don't care about you as writing partners or the game as a whole.  This is not at all how I feel.

The bottom line is, I stretched myself too thin with other writing projects, and to remain with this awesome group, I'm going to focus on re-prioritizing.  You all are excellent writers, and I apologize sincerely for not being more considerate of you and your contributions.

~Lori

Reply #784
hey sorry that i said i woudl make replies and i never got around to them I am trying to write a few right now but for sake of quality of the replies I will make no promises that i will post thm tonight.  In fact I figure i will post tomorrow.  sorry about that stuff came up last couple days and time got away from me again.

Reply #785
Thank you for letting us know that you really like to make the Theurgy story a priority and be here more, The Counselor! I am looking forward to writing a follow-up scene between Jien Ives and Hayden O'Connor after her little brush with death down on Theta Eridani IV.

Also, like I have already mentioned, it's great that you all post here to inform the Group about your whereabouts and posting plans so that the rest of us can plan out time accordingly!

Please PM me if you want to make additions or changes to the spreadsheet since I will be posting an update in a day or so. Is Nathaniel Isley and Eve Jenkins a new paring, for example?

Best,

Lucan

Reply #786
it's certainly isley's intention lucan lol

Reply #787
Will be out a bit longer than expected. Who knew moving out would be so time consuming x.x

Reply #788
I owe everyone a huge apology, I've been MIA thanks to a nasty sinus infection.  Hoping the medication will start to kill it dead and my brain will begin to function properly again very soon.

Reply #789
'S okay, Banshee. Hope you feel better!

My girlfriend ended up in the E.R. last night. We sat there for like four hours, still don't know what's wrong. Abdominal pain. I'm free all day today so I'll likely get some posting done to get my mind off things. But I felt I ought to explain what happened.

Reply #790
Ouch, hope you feel better soon Banshee.

Leonal, abdominal pain is quite vague to diagnose directly. Hope the test results show something more and I hope your girlfriend will feel better soon.

Reply #791
They think it's her appendix. She's having surgery in the morning.

Reply #792
So yeah, her appendix nearly exploded and killed her, but after the surgery she is 100% fine. :D I hope to resume posting tomorrow.

Reply #793
Hehe, nasty things when they get inflamed. Nothing some small surgery and antibiotics can fix though  ;)

Reply #794
Yeah. Mostly I'm pissed at the E.R. for letting her writhe in pain for three and a half hours.

Reply #795
Hey folks.

I'm finding myself in a bit of a funk these last two weeks or so and I can't seem to be able to write much of anything worth reading. I try, but it's just not coming to me.

As such, I apologize for my lack of activity and hopefully my funk will pass soon.

Reply #796
As the great Red Green once said, "I'm pulling for ya. We're all in this together."

Reply #797
Speaking of posting, I'll try and get my responses up soon - it's been busy at work with people leaving the company or on vacation. The joys of doing the work of 4 people above my pay grade ;)

Reply #798
SUMMER UPDATE OF STORY OVERVIEW & SPREADSHEET

Hello everyone! Hope summer treats everyone well out there and I look forward to truly getting the story rolling again now that we are getting back into gear after vacationing and enjoying the sun. Please make sure you read the notice below about the spreadsheet and the nixing of the third meeting.

The below list of threads is chronological, starting with the Prologue and ending with Chapter 02. I will mark the finished threads in green and the active ones in yellow. Just click on each thread to get there.

PROLOGUE: Under the Bludgeonings of Chance [Part I]

PROLOGUE: Under the Bludgeonings of Chance [Part II]

PROLOGUE: Supplementary [Below Decks] Next poster: Searcher

PROLOGUE: Supplementary [Conference Lounge]

PROLOGUE: Supplementary [Sickbay] Next poster: TheBanshee

PROLOGUE: Supplementary [Cleaning Up] (Upcoming!) Next poster: TheBanshee

CHAPTER 01: Find Me Unafraid [0630 hrs.] Next poster: The Counselor

CHAPTER 01: Cobalt & Iron [0715 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: Breakfast in the Neutral Zone [0700 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: Aquatic Denominator [0800 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: Among the Stars [0900 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: The Intelligence Officer [1000 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: Old Comrades  [1100 hrs.] Next poster: TheBanshee

CHAPTER 01: Damage [1120 hrs.] Next poster: CanadianVet

CHAPTER 01: Visiting Hours [1400 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: Knowing is Half the Battle [1500 hrs.]

CHAPTER 01: Exigency of Life [1930 hrs.] Next poster: CanadianVet?

CHAPTER 01: A Place to Lay My Head [2000 hrs.] Next poster: Searcher

CHAPTER 02: The Festival of the Moon [Plus Adherent Threads] Next poster: See spreadsheet below

On the old Part 1 board I am only missing the finishing development between Tessa May Lance (Leonal, where is that character sheet? You have had all summer to finish it! ;) ) and Zaraq in Unusual Courting.

CHAPTER 02: The Festival of the Moon

The name of your characters are the left column, and the columns next to that are the currently suggested order of the pairings.

Chapter 02 Pairings            First Meeting      Second Meeting         Third Meeting      
          Cpt. Jien Ives             Ens. Skye Carver       Lt Cmdr. Carrigan Trent           Lt. Sjaandin Fedd      
          Cmdr. Edena Rez             Lt Cmdr. Wenn Cinn          Lt. Simon Tovarek                    
          Cpt. Declan Vasser             CWO Selena Ravenholm + Ida       PO1 Dyan Cardamone               
          Cmdr. T'Rena             Ens. Cir'Cie                 Ens. Cir'Cie & Sjaandin               
          Lt Cmdr. Carrigan Trent              Lt. Amelya Duv       Cpt. Jien Ives               
          Lt. Sjaandin Fedd             Ens. Cameron Henshaw       Cmdr. T'Rena & Cir'Cie          Cpt. Jien Ives      
          Ens. Cale Winterbourne              Beach Group Scene       Open!               
          Ens. Cameron Henshaw               Lt. Sjaandin Fedd       Open!          Lt. Simon Tovarek           
          Theurgy "Thea" NX-79854              Open!       Lt Cmdr. Miles Renard            CWO Selena Ravenholm      
          MCPO Aisha S'Ithi             Beach Group Scene       Open!          Open! M/F      
          Lt Cmdr. Wenn Cinn                Cmdr. Edena Rez       Open!          Ens. Maya      
          Lt. JG ThanIda zh'Wann              Cpt. Declan Vasser + Ravenholm       Open!               
          Lt. JG Zaraq             Open!       Open!               
          PO1 Dyan Cardamone             Lt Cmdr. Miles Renard         Cpt. Declan Vasser          Lt Cmdr. Miles Renard        
          Lt Cmdr. Miles Renard               PO1 Dyan Cardamone       Theurgy "Thea" NX-79854           PO1 Dyan Cardamone      
          Lt Cmdr. "Phantom"             Ens. Maya                               
          Ens. Skye Carver                  Cpt. Jien Ives       Lt. JG Thomas Ravon                
          MCPO Soo Young Seung                                  
          Lt. JG Evelyn Rawley               CWO1 Sten Covington           Open!               
          Lt. JG Tessa May Lance                                  
          Lt. JG Nathaniel Isley               Lt. Eve Jenkins              Open! (see Kurohigi's post)               
          Ens. Hannah Slaverton                                    
          Lt. JG Thomas Ravon              Open! (needs persuation)       Ens. Skye Carver                    
          Lt Cmdr. Lucan Nicander               Open!       Open!          Open!      
          Lt. Amelya Duv             Lt Cmdr. Carrigan Trent        Lt. Lin Kae                  
          Lt. Eve Jenkins                    Lt. JG Nathaniel Isley         Lt Cmdr. Lucan Nicander?               
          Ens. Maya                       Lt Cmdr. "Phantom"       Ms. Rihen Neyah             Lt Cmdr. Wenn Cinn         
          Lt. Hayden O'Connor                 MCPO Billy Bob O'Connell                      
          Lt. Tatiana Marlowe               Lt. Simon Tovarek (cloak-talk)       (A Kurohigi character?)               
          Lt. Lin Kae                Open! (see Kurohigi's post)       Lt. Amelya Duv               
          MCPO Billy Bob O'Connell              Lt. Hayden O'Connor           Open!               
          Lt Cmdr. Natalie Stark                Mr. Rory Callahan                         
          CWO1 Sten Covington                 Lt. JG Evelyn Rawley         Lt. JG Evelyn Rawley                 
          CWO Selena Ravenholm             Cpt. Declan Vasser + Ida       (A Kurohigi character?)          Theurgy "Thea" NX-79854       
          Lt. Simon Tovarek                  Lt. Tatiana Marlowe (cloak-talk)       Cmdr. Edena Rez          Ens. Cameron Henshaw        
          Lt. JG Sarresh Morali               -        -           -       
          Ens. Cir'Cie                       Cmdr. T'Rena       Cmdr. T'Rena & Sjaandin               
          Mr. Rory Callahan                 Lt Cmdr. Natalie Stark                        
          Ms. Narik Cinsaj                                     
          Ms. Rihen Neyah                Beach Group Scene       Ens. Maya                    Open!      
Since many are still writing their first meetings, and just about two months have gone by doing that, I reckon we need to cut the third meeting otherwise we will be writing the Festival of the Moon until Christmas. We might all pick up some speed now come August, but the story must go on in order to open up for more character and plot development. Therefore please PM or post here what you would like to do about the third and second meetings!

Crew Manifest Polish

Some of you might already have noticed, but I have made a slight improvement (I hope) to our Crew Manifest. I basically just polished the graphics so that they turned out more shiny, but I also made the department bars a bit longer (same width as the images when you click "spoiler show"). Please let me know here or over PM if everything looks ok or if I have mucked up something for you guys. I realise that one's monitor size and screen resolution comes into play, but if the majority of you think the Crew Manifest is too wide now, I will make amends.

Upcoming Chapter

Want to know what happens next?

Now (Chapter 02): The Festival of the Moon.

Chapter 03: Next morning. Sarresh Morali is awakened. A Senior Staff meeting is held on the Theurgy with Vasser and T'Rena present. This meeting entails a battle plan for the next engagement with the Calamity and the course they take to thwart the enemy. Much will be revealed at this point, but what is more important is that this Chapter will, after some brief build-up, also drive a sharp wedge into the alliance between the Theurgy and the Harbinger... at the cost of many lives.

This is just a brief heads-up, since extensive plans have been made with different parts of the Group for the continued story in this Episode.

Sneak Peak

Finally, we have a potential new member incoming, and I just finished a character image for him. So here is your sneak peak: http://auctor-lucan.deviantart.com/art/Sean-O-Pry-Character-474186976

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan
Game Moderator

Reply #799
Hey everyone,

Sitting in Mc Donalds on their Wifi letting everyone know our internet got fried in a lightning storm and I will be out until we get it back on. It shouldn't be too long but I did want to let everyone know what was going on.

Simple Audio Video Embedder