Skip to main content
Topic: Day 02 [0600 hrs.] Radiant Mornings (Read 6972 times) previous topic - next topic

Day 02 [0600 hrs.] Radiant Mornings

[ Cmdr Carrigan Trent | XO's Quarters | Deck 10 | USS Theurgy ] attn: @Triage

This was different.

Carrigan Trent had always been one to wake up quickly, to transition from sleep to wakefulness in a single step, the way a ship would drop out of subspace when the warp engines were cut.  But this particular morning, it was a slow process of reclaiming his awareness of the world.  Things were coming to him gradually.  He was in his bed, a light sheet thrown over him.  The lights were off, and most of the lighting was from the Azure Nebula, coming through the windows.  It bathed his quarters in an exotic blue hue... and there was another source of light in the space. 

Just as there was a warm, soft mass pressing against him, and it was the source of a soft, shifting glow as it was softly inflating and deflating with every breath.  It had a heartbeat, softly thrumming against his chest.  It was nestled under his arm.  And under his hand, the one he had been born with, there was a slight swell of flesh, topped with a stiffer nub. 

And he realized, the presence against him, it was all soft, warm skin, all so alive.  And his nose twitched as a hair, light and soft, tickled his nostril.  And he looked down. 

There was Heather McMillan in his arms.  And he remembered what they had done the night before. 

And, for the first time in a long time, he woke up with a smile.  Heather.  His Heather.  The gentle young woman, a scientist, a pacifist to the extreme, had chosen him.  The Tactical Officer; the man who had no compunctions killing if he had to.  And he had chosen her.

And he could not help himself.  He inhaled deeply through his nose, taking in her smell, and he tenderly pulled her closer to him before craning his neck about and planting a delicate kiss upon her cheek.

Re: Day 02 [0600 hrs.] Radiant Mornings

Reply #1
[ PWO Heather McMillan | Carrigan Trent's Quarters | Officer's Quarters | Deck 10 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @CanadianVet
[Show/Hide]
Heather dreamed. She dreamt that one of the most powerful men she had ever known amongst peerless gods, held her in his arms, one was like thunder and the other was as lightning and metal. Yet when they touched her, it was a gentle caress. She felt absolutely secure in those arms. There was no fear, no worry. And she was more surprised that it felt as if he drew as much strength from her as she did from him. “Never let me go,” said Heather, wrapping her arms around him as much as she could, and she curled herself against him, even more weightless than she normally was. She tilted her head so that one ear pressed against his chest, and she felt a steady rumble each time he drew breath, the thump of a steady heartbeat. It calmed and soothed her even more.

She stirred from this moment when she felt something strong and solid lightly touch her cheek, and one eye opened, and she quickly drew in her light to lessen the brightness of her aura. Because before her and beside her lay the literal man of her dreams. In his complete and utter glory. That he had chosen a lesser being like her, out of all the mighty beings in the universe, he chose her. It made her shiver, and it filled her with so much affection and love she thought she was going to burst from the pleasant ache in her chest. Greedy for his scent and taste, she fearlessly reached up to press her frail lips to his, using one hand to clasp the back of his head. Even that slight movement stirred her nearly weightless hair and the shining colourful strands danced and weaved, bathing the room in an ethereal aurora. Êl síla erin lû e-govaned vîn. said Heather, when she finally let go, reluctantly, to draw breath.

She frowned when she said that, and then looked puzzled. It was a tongue that did not exist yet even in the Universal Translator.

Reply #2
[ Cmdr Carrigan Trent | Carrigan Trent's Quarters | Officer's Quarters | Deck 10 | USS Theurgy ] attn: @Triage

It would seem that Heather herself was getting close to waking up.  For one thing, she had struck Carrigan Trent as a fairly deep sleeper.  One who snored, no less.  But hers was not the din of an uncontrolled chemical or compressed-gas thruster in atmosphere; it was soft, somewhat high-pitched, and gentle.  Almost like a buzzing kind of purr, even.  And he only knew about it because she had fallen asleep before he did following their lovemaking. 

Oh, he had been suitably relaxed, but there was still much running through his mind.  Such as how he had managed to deserve a creature as gentle, as tender, as perfect as Heather McMillan choosing him of all people.  She was a dedicated pacifist, who nearly tore herself apart over the fact she had blinded a monster who'd have had no problems ripping her and anyone else getting in her way limb from limb with her bare hands. He was a man trained to handle a starship's weapon systems, to bring to bear armaments that could sterilize worlds with the push of a button.  She was as fragile as they came; a careless motion with one of his prosthetic limbs could cripple or kill her.  But she had chosen him.  And that was just one of the reasons he treasured the little biologist. 

Another was the sheer unknown about her.  There was so much to discover, and not just about her species but about her as a person. 

That, and the scarred, physically and otherwise, Human simply loved her, period. 

As she turned in his arms and pressed her lips against him, he tenderly pulled her in closer to him, eager to feel as much of her warm, soft skin against his own.  But what she had said?  He had absolutely no idea where that had come from.  He did not know the language, had no idea what to even liken it to.  But it did sound soft, and tender  And that was good enough for him.  "Good morning to you too," he softly replied with a warm smile of his own.

Running a hand up and down her slender spine, he let some silence pass for a moment, and then he spoke again.  "Did you sleep well?"

Reply #3
[ PWO Heather McMillan | Carrigan Trent's Quarters | Officer's Quarters | Deck 10 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @CanadianVet
[Show/Hide]
Curling and carefully stretching without fully separating from any form of contact with his person, Heather ached and hurt in both good and bad ways. Her head felt like it was on fire and had an axe stuck right in the middle. Her forehead felt extremely warm, and her body radiated greater-than-normal warmth, but she felt cold inside, and so she pressed herself to him as much as she could, nodding quietly at his question as to whether she'd slept well enough. She was still naked as can be, but she didn't mind so long as Carrigan didn't. She wasn't sure how much he would like her clinging on to him like this, her entire body all but merging with his, her arms wrapped behind him as if possessively.

She glanced up at him, and used one hand to trace his jawline with a brightly lit hand, down to the chin, fascinated by how quickly facial hair grew for humans. Her hair flared out behind and around her as if she were floating in space, only she definitely had some weight, not much, but some. Her fingers continued to trace his face, as if supremely fascinated, which she was. Her index finger and thumb gently traced over his lips, and she said, “I feel safe, here, when I'm with you.”

She lowered her head, leaning against his chest, listening to his heartbeat, “It almost makes me wish we didn't have to leave, and just stay here...”

Reply #4
[ Cmdr Carrigan Trent | Carrigan Trent's Quarters | Officer's Quarters | Deck 10 | USS Theurgy ] attn: @Triage

Carrigan half-chuckled, half hummed as Heather moved to alternatively stretch and curl up closer to him.  It was a sound of utter contentment.  Her skin was so soft, softer than anything he'd ever experienced before.  The the point that he was wondering if the hair along and between his legs, under his arms and the small patch at the center of her chest could be enough to scratch her.  But there was much pleasantness to the press of her naked body against his own, the way she would try to conform to the contours of his own frame.

And despite the uniquely male response the press and movement of her naked body against his own caused, Trent was perfectly content to be holding her against him, much as she was holding him.  And what she said, how he made her feel safe... "And I feel at peace when I'm with you," he replied softly before pressing his lips to her forehead.  It was warm; in fact all of her was quite warm.   But then again, they'd spent the night curled up together, so she was bound to have absorbed a degree of heat from him. 

But what followed from her, wishing they could stay there forever.  He understood the feeling quite well.  If he'd never have to leave that bed he'd be a happy man.  But eventually duty would call... 

But there was something that could be done, though... "Well, you don't really have to leave... I mean you can come back any time you want.  Every day, even.  Actually, what would you say if I suggested you informed the Quartermaster of a change in quarters... and had everything you need replaced sent here instead?"

Reply #5
[Show/Hide]
She could feel his arousal from her actions, as could she feel her own, but she could not meet such strength or stamina; she was no god, and coupled with whatever was bothering her systems, she was in no state to do anything more, and she sincerely hoped he would understand without requiring her to explain. She sinceredly dreaded disappointing him in any way. But she still couldn't help the soft little purr of pleasure emanating from her throat at his every touch, and every physical contact between them. She nestled herself comfortably.

She closed her eyes when he kissed her forehead, smiling in delight at his words. If she brought peace to him, and calmed the storm she sensed around him, especially after he'd come from a battle, then she felt like she'd been rewarded enough. But Carrigan surprised her with something she'd only been idly thinking about...perhaps even privately wishing for. “......” she raised her head so their eyes could meet, and she stared wide-eyed at him. Did he really want her? Or was it just mercy and charity? It wasn't like she had anywhere else to go in the meantime.

“I...I...” said Heather, stammering as she struggled to think, “Crikey O'Riley...I mean...Uhm...d-do you want that? I-I-I mean that's very kind and generous. I would like that...th-th-there's not much to be taken from my quarters...almost everything in there's been cooked and well done.”

Reply #6

Carrigan Trent was as red-blooded a man as any out there.  And, of course, being naked next to the woman he loved, the slender and delicate Heather McMillan, who was as heavily dressed as he was, engendered certain reactions.  But there was also a certain intimacy that existed when two people were naked together and yet did not have sex.  It was a rare enough thing, and the Human could certainly enjoy it for what it was.  And it would seem she too was more than content with curling up with him, if her lovely little purr was anything to be believed.  And, given her guileless nature, it was to be believed all right.

And when she raised her eyes, her met her gaze equally, an the warm smile he wore on his lips did make it to his own eyes.  She did look surprised, but then again, she had every reason to be.  After all, he had just dropped a rather impressive warhead upon her.  "Of course I do," he replied softly, leaning forward to kiss her once more; on the tip of her nose this time.  "I love you, Heather McMillan; I won't force you to make a decision, but you moving here, it would make me the happiest man in known space."

Reply #7
[Show/Hide]
He kissed the tip of her nose, and she allowed herself to enjoy the comforting touch. The Radiant considered the options, and also the meaning behind this. It seemed rather fast, but at the same time, it just seemed right, so did she truly wish to question it? He cared for her, and she cared for him, why complicate matters? He was a man, and a powerful leader, not to mention an extremely dangerous individual. Then again, she considered a human child dangerous. But never before had the humans ever been made aware of the Radiant among them, or their physical frailty.

But what mattered most to Heather was his happiness. She didn't care as much for her own. She might be frail physically, but she believed she was made of sterner material inside. Like the Cascadium pendant she wore.

“You're not forcing anything on me that I didn't want, Carrigan.” said Heather, “I love you too, and I will be just as happy to accept. Thank you.”

Her aura of light was like a tiny cloud that ensconced them both in a myriad of ever-shifting colours and light, her colours shifting towards pink and yellow-white, which radiated her own happiness and sunny feeling. Reaching forward, she planted a deep, affectionate kiss to show her gratitude, appreciation and love.

Reply #8

Heather and Carrigan were a study in contrasts.  Of course, there was the obvious male and female difference, but there was so much more.  One careless movement on his part and he could break some of her bones, while two of his limbs were made of unyielding alloys and polymers after he had lost the flesh-and-blood originals to explosions, burns and vacuum exposure; she had studied life sciences and made holographic therapy animals, while he studied war and developed theories, tactics and techniques to bring down any opposition ever more effectively; she was a pacifist who had struggled with the fact she had protected herself and her crew, while he would have very few qualms about unleashing enough firepower to sterilize planets. 

But he loved her.  And, for reasons he could not quite fathom, she loved him back even though he had no idea how he had come to deserve such a precious gift...

And she had accepted his invitation, and sealed her answer with a kiss.  A kiss she initiated, and it was deep, warm.  Loving.  And there were times a man had to hold his woman, and this was one such time.  But there was only so much Carrigan could do, especially when his partner was so slight, so fragile...

So, rather than simply pulling her to him, he tenderly scooped her up and laid her atop his own chest, letting gravity exert a pull against her, and into him, that he knew she could tolerate while he wrapped his arms about her, his hands splayed across her slender back as he returned her kiss with matching fervor.

And, eventually, sought to further deepen it.

Reply #9
[Show/Hide]
Heather wished they didn't have to leave this bed, or that this moment wouldn't end. She poured her every emotion, passion, and desire into the touch and contact, with all her heart. She let him know without words, just how she felt. But they would have to part eventually. The Theurgy needed Carrigan. She moaned softly from a combination of pleasure and mild despair. Relationships with a god was complicated.

She pulled back to catch her breath, and she looked at him wonderingly, then her eyes widened in alarm. Because she thought about the fact that they'd both essentially just slept in, and hadn't set an alarm or wake-up reminder. Heather generally liked sleeping in a lot, but she was low-energy and got tired easily. And while the Radiant supposed her commanding officer might be more lenient on her, could they say the same for Carrigan Trent with Captain Jien Ives?

“Carrigan?” said Heather timidly, “Not that I want to stop this, but what time is it?”

She felt absolutely horrid having to bring a pall to the development, but the Radiant was already in acceptance that she had to share her man with the entire crew, due to his obligations as a Commander, until such a time when he no longer held that post and rank, and then they could explore other avenues of their burgeoning and fast-growing relationship.

Reply #10

Carrigan had nearly a foot on Heather, and he knew he outmassed her by probably to the tune of a hundred pounds if not more.  And, between her gentle disposition, that physical disparity, his natural instincts and the fact he loved her with every last fiber of his being, he couldn't help but feel immensely protective of the little biologist.  On top of him, within the circle of his arms, there was the single most precious of lives in his eyes. 

And it would take a rare sort of fool to not realize that she, too, adored him.  So this was what it was, to love someone and be loved in return?  He could definitely get used to that.  The warmth, the peace, the sheer joy of it. 

But then, she asked a question he had never expected.  What time was it? 

Turning his head to the side, his eyes caught the bedside console, and the display showed that indeed, he had slept a little longer than he normally would have allowed himself to.  But not so much that it would interfere with his duties, only that it would cut into his time to at least get some time at the gym.  And besides, he did not regularly draw bridge watches, he had seen to that himself.  As Executive Officer, he had to be available at any given time on top of his regular workload.  Returning his attention towards Heather, he ran his hands along her back, from her shoulder blades down to as far as he could reach, making sure to run them along her smooth backside, and back up along her sides, up her thighs and his thumbs brushing the sides of her breasts and they made their way back.  And so he did, back and forth, back and forth.  "A little after six," he said softly. 

Yes, they would have to put an end to their first night together sooner rather than later.  But he'd much rather it was later.

"Would you like first call on the shower, or would you like to share?", he asked softly.  "A privilege of rank, I presume, my hot water is not rationed, and the shower is definitely large enough for us both."

Reply #11
[Show/Hide]
His every touch set fire to her skin, and Carrigan could feel the Radiant stiffening with his every touch and his exploration of her body. She was torn between calling it to an end, because she knew that if it went on, she'd want something more, and Carrigan very likely would have to refuse, and the rainbow-hued girl would be left with a burning desire for the rest of the shift, and she'd very likely not get a thing done. On the other hand, maybe she'd throw caution to the wind, just to experience the joys and pains of this relationship, but ultimately the more rational part of her won out, and she decided it would be best to save something for tonight instead.

So when he told her the time, she nodded and lowered her head to rest against his chest, only to bring it back up and stare at him in wonder. She hadn't had a water bath in quite a while. He wanted to share the shower with her? Her eyes widened even more, and her aura of light flared very slightly, betraying her emotions and feelings. She very much wanted to squeal excitedly, only doing so would prompt this growing headache to hurt more, so she would keep it down. Sliding off, smooth as silk, she was on her feet, and she simply said “Yes.” she said simply, looking awkward and yet sensual all at once. She padded towards the refresher, and stood at the threshold, looking back at him.

“I'd like to share.”

Reply #12

He could feel how Heather was stretching and flexing under his hands.  His touch was light, gentle; it had to be, given her fragility.  But he had also discovered he could be firm, to a certain extent.  So long as he did not apply too much sudden force on her.  But under his hands, her skin was so soft, so delicate.  So warm and alive.  And the way her small breasts and taut nipples were pressing into his own chest, the edges of her hips, the warmth of her sex...  Yes, this was a form of bliss all right. And if he had anything to say about it, he'd enjoy it for as long as he could.

When she slid of him, Carrigan could not help but turn his head to look upon his dearest Heather.  Small, slim, delicate, and absolutely gorgeous.  In fact, she was the single most beautiful sight he had ever experienced, radiating with her natural luminescence, and how it intermingled with the lovely blue glow of the Nebula.  And the way she stood before him, somewhat unsure yet ever so innocently seductive at the same time, and how she said a simple 'yes'... 

As she started her walk towards the bathroom, Trent swung himself into a sitting position, watching her as she moved in this inimitable way of hers, watching the play of her hips and backside, the arch of her back, the curves of her legs.  He wanted to commit to memory every single square millimeter of her body... and knew he never could, for the sight of her was one he knew, deep inside, he would never be able to get enough of.  And when she stopped, and said she indeed wished to share, the Human rose to his feet and walked up behind the little Radiant and stopped when the front of him just started to press against her back, and both his hands went to her waist and around to her front.  One slid up until it was just shy of her breasts, and the other down until it nearly reached her sex, and he pressed a kiss to the top of her had.  "Would you care to set the shower to your liking?"

He had spoken softly, and, frankly, he was in no particular rush for her to move,  Mind, once they would start sharing the shower, who knew what would happen.

Reply #13
[Show/Hide]
She felt his eyes boring into her when she made the short travel from the bed to the refresher, and when she turned to confirm that he was indeed staring, she was not prepared for what she saw. It was like reading messages conveyed just through sight alone. And what he face looked like said everything to the little Radiant. It made her knees go weak, threatening to buckle, and her own desires were betrayed by her body and involuntary facial expression, such as how she bit her lower lip thoughtlessly, despite how dizzy she felt, and the foreign pain creeping in on her temples, she thought of nothing else than him entwined with her willing form. Her nipples hardened and as he drew closer, she reached out to wrap her hands around his waist.

They did this slow, shuffling dance to the shower. She was lucky she was small sized, because it barely fit them both, but the tight space was perfect as far as she was concerned, because shy though her actions and gestures were, she was definitely molesting the man...well and vice versa, but his touch was making her so sensitive, and she barely stifled a squeak of delight. As he kissed the top of her head she reached up to pull his chin down so she could reach up and meet his lips with her own, and then she nodded at his question. She needed the water nice and warm, and she set it so, enjoying the feel as the shower washed over them both, and she basked in its comfort, and the comfort of the man she so loved. “I've died and gone to heaven,” said Heather as she leaned her head sideways against his form.

Reply #14

There was certainly something to be said for Heather's touch.  She was shy, and gentle, and curious.  And Carrigan was not about to stop her from doing her own exploration as they sidled into the shower.  Which was much smaller than he seemed to recall.  But, then again, everything seems so much larger when one is so used to being alone.  But it was definitely large enough for the two of them, if a little cramped.  But then again, it was also perfect, as it kept them so close together. 

They were touching, they were kissing.  And before long hot water was coursing down over the two of them, and he simply held her against him, thoroughly enjoying how her slender frame was pressing against him, and how her soft skin was like a balm against his own.  Though, when she spoke, the content smile he was wearing grew wider, warmer if such a thing was even possible.  And, if anything, his heart started beating harder and faster against the walls of his chest.  "If you've died and gone to heaven," he said softly, "then so have I." 

He loved her.  There was no changing that.  Slowly, he ran his hands down her back, cupping her backside before sliding up her sides, his thumbs just barely brushing the edges of her breasts.  "So... would you like me to help you wash?"

Reply #15
[Show/Hide]
Heather smiled and pulled her head off Carrigan's chest to look up at him. She felt so much desire for him. A nearly insatiable and selfish greed for him. She wanted to have the day off to be with him. Selfish indeed, but perhaps not unexpected. It was the first time they consumated their mutual love for one another, and the promise of more to come, but the little Radiant wanted it right then and there. Was that how it was for everyone else too?

Her glow softly illuminated a myriad around them, and the water created a rainbow-hued mist that flowed along their bodies and surrounded them with incandescent beauty and illumination. She shivered at his every touch, mostly because she was still very sensitive, but it was also like an electrical current of shock, igniting responses within her. Wherever his hands or fingers touched, her skin lit up brighter.

She nodded at his query, taking the opportunity for a little education on handling her. Yes, he was surprisingly gentle and careful, but if he wanted to wash her, well, that was going to require a whole new level of caution. “I'll show you what to do.”

She assumed he understood her meaning, that he needed to thread carefully as rubbing her with even too much pressure could rub her skin right off or tear her flesh apart. Reaching for some soap, she worked up a nice lather and applied the same to his hands, then, with gentle leading by clasping her hands around his wrists, eyes locked with his, she guided them along the contours of her body, starting with the upper torso, showing him just how much pressure she could take, and how much she couldn't, then she allowed him to do the rest when she was sufficiently confident he was aware how to do it, and she then began, quite without invitation, doing the same for him, smiling.

Reply #16

Diffraction was a phenomenon Carrigan was quite familiar with.  After all, at Starfleet Academy Cadets in fields other than engineering and scientific pursuits were expected to take out a minor.  After all, Starfleet was, at least on paper, primarily an exploratory and scientific agency.  And, for Carrigan Trent, his minor had been in high energy physics and wave propagation. 

But the scientific simplicity that turned every droplet, every bit of steam around Heather and he, into a prism that turned the shower into a prism that turned the shower stall into a rainbow-hued kaleidoscope was completely forgotten against the simple beauty of the display.  And the soft, warm presence of Heather against him, of her guiding him into his touches.  And teaching him that he could be a little bit firmer than he'd been the night before, as a matter of fact. 

And she, too, was indulging her curiosity about his own body.  With highly predictable results, for that matter.  Not that the proximity, and running his hands all over her, didn't cause a certain stirring that would be very hard for her to ignore in this kind of close proximity. 

But, he did not act immediately on his arousal.  Instead, he leaned forward and pressed his lips to hers briefly, though not before brushing strands of wet hair from her face.  "I love you, Heather McMillan."

Reply #17
[Show/Hide]
The water weighed down her hair, and for a change, it didn't float wildly around, but her thoughts were far from the sensation of weighed down hair compared to the sheer pleasure of having Trent's hands - even the mechanical one - exploring her body while he assisted to cleanse her. She dimmed her light while in this proximity, and with the water refracting the light, it was more than enough illumination even if Carrigan turned off the main light.

“I love you, Carrigan Trent,” said Heather, believing that to be the appropriate response, and she reached up to kiss him. She liked doing that. It made her smile, despite any ailments hindered her.

Resting her hands on his shoulders, she looked up at him wonderingly when she said, “Would you like me to make you something to eat after this?” She turned to adjust the water slightly, to be a little cooler, as her body's heat was rising, and despite her heat, she was shivering from both a cold sensation within her, and from the excitement and pleasure of the closeness between herself and Carrigan.

Reply #18

The way Heather reached up to kiss him was, if anything, probably the sweetest thing he had ever experienced.  Of course, their lovemaking was in its own class of unique sort of pleasures, but these kisses of hers, hesitant yet so certain in their own way, were something else.  If there was such a thing as emotions made real, this was it. 

And she had chosen him to do it with.  Carrigan Trent was not one to count conquests, nor consider anyone a prize.  But that trust Heather was placing in him, her love, her very heart, that was something he would forever treasure, and would never betray. 

Though, with the water cooling he started to shiver.  He was not one for long showers to begin with, and he preferred them pretty well scalding when he used the hot water instead of a quick sonic shower.  Though, the question she asked got him looking at her with a surprised grin.  Making him breakfast?  That was something new so far as he was concerned.  In fact, no one had ever offered to make him breakfast before.  "Why, I'd be delighted," he answered, running his hands along her sides once more.  And, regretfully, he reached across to turn off the water.

Perhaps his was not rationed, but it would not do to abuse the privilege, after all. 

Reaching around Heather, he grabbed not one, but two towels and he draped one across her shoulders and tenderly started drying her off.  "You know, until I met you, I never dared to really hope for more than a life where duty was all there was.  Now?  I don't even want to try and imagine a life without you."

Reply #19
[Show/Hide]
“......” Heather just smiled up at Trent, trying to stand as still as possible while he helped to towel her dry. She enjoyed the attention he was showering on her. And she was relieved that he liked the idea of someone making him breakfast. She generally enjoyed fussing over someone and being fussed over in return. It was fun, and uplifting to the spirit. She could almost see his own light now. That was something to cherish. She pressed her palms against his chest, over his heart, and when she pulled away, the pinkish light with a strange effect, like twinkling stars, stayed on for a few seconds longer, like an imprint, before fading away with the removal of her hands.

“You're...lighter.” said Heather. “I...I think this...uhm...this is good...for y-you...us! For us!”

She took hold of the towel given to her and she finished drying herself as they awkwardly cleared the refresher, and she headed for the replicator, and then realized she had no idea what on Earth Trent liked for breakfast. Heather knew what she liked, but she didn't want to presume he would like her food. He might be vegan. Well, some gods were, for reasons beyond her understanding, but the Radiant of Earth had no trouble enjoying meat, even though they had to make theirs as soft as possible lest they broke their teeth on them. She turned to look at Trent, the heavy damp towel hanging in her hand, while she hadn't bothered to even consider getting dressed, her aura of light sort of acting like a skin-hugging dress of its own.

“Uhm...wh-what do you like to eat, might I ask?”

Reply #20

He was lighter?  That was not something he had expected to hear before.  But, the patch of coloured light on his chest notwithstanding, he did feel lighter, in a way.  She made him feel lighter.  For now he knew there was genuine beauty and goodness in this world.  That, despite the horrors and stresses of their journey and its violence, there was still room for love and tenderness. 

That he still had room for them in his life. 

That until he had met this little pacifist of a scientist, shy and gentle and kind, he had no idea there was a hold just the right size and shape for her to fit in carved in his heart and his soul. 

So yes, it did make him lighter in so many ways...

As Heather stepped away, clad in nothing but her light, Carrigan made for the sink and from a shelf he withdrew an ancient ceramic mug and a brush of badger hair, which he thoroughly wet and used to gather soap from an old-fashioned puck and beat into a lather.  What did he want for breakfast?  That was an interesting question all right.  But, there was something he was willing to try; he loved Heather, and he trusted her.  Of course, he could tell she wanted to please him, so he would compromise some.  "Well, a pot of coffee would be a good place to start, and so long as there is some thick-cut bacon involved, I leave it all in your lovely hands."

Before long, there was a coat of rich white, sandalwood-scented lather on his cheeks and neck, and with practiced precision he ran the perfect edge of a straight razor along the grain of his stubble, reapplied the soap, then across, and finally repeated the process against the grain to leave him with a smooth, clean shave.  One quick pass of a towel later, he had removed the soap residue and he followed it up with a gentle aftershave balm, and it was in nothing but his own skin that he walked up behind Heather and wrapped his arms about her waist and lowered himself to press his freshly-shaven cheek against her own.  "So, what do we have here?"

Reply #21
[Show/Hide]
If Heather's joyous smile wasn't an indication of how she felt, then the way her body was alight with dancing beams and sparks of all colours, swirling abruptly from one orbit to another made it clear how elated she was. Turning on her heels, she started walking on her tip toes, stumbling over a misstep with a quickly called out “Oh clumsy!”

She caught herself in time, then set about preparing his coffee first. “Black coffee, fresh pressed, no milk or sugar, in a pot.” And watched with satisfaction as the items appeared. It wasn't quite the same as making it herself, but her quarters got torched so this would have to do until she could replicate a machine, and find space to put the thing. Once she set the coffee on the table and poured him a cup she returned to the replicator and said, “Tea, earl grey, hot.”

Returning once more to the replicator, she began to order thick cut bacon, bread, butter, and other ingredients, which she began to put together to make a sandwich on the dining table. The smell positively invaded the quarters, and Heather regretted not asking if Carrigan didn't fancy his whole place smelling like food, home and hearth. Different people had different tastes, plus, Heather was quite messy and a bit of a slob, something she was sure the commander was not yet quite aware of, but he would be now.

She felt his arms around her waist, and his freshly shaven cheek touched hers, she smiled, and then tilted her head so that she could kiss his cheek, and then answered him, “I hope you like it...it's a prosciutto and buffalo mozzarella sandwich, with a hint of pesto aioli, and thick cuts of bacon. I should have asked, but I've stuffed it in the sandwich for now.”

She looked up at him, seeking his approval of the meal she prepared for him.

[Show/Hide]

Reply #22

The smells of bergamot, coffee and bacon were filling the room, along with the tang of basil, parmesan and garlic.  The scent of fresh-baked bread wafted up.  The odors of living quarters coming alive, becoming a home rather than just somewhere for the XO to hang his uniform when he was off-duty.  And that was when Carrigan Trent noticed just how sterile the space had been, what with only being furnished with Starfleet-issue furniture and decorations, with nothing of his own save his uniforms and a few changes of civilian attire.  It had been hollow.

Heather McMillan had just turned them into a home. 

As her lips pressed upon his cheek, still smelling of his sandalwood shaving soap, he smiled softly and turned his own neck so his lips would press upon hers.  "It sounds lovely," he said softly as their lips parted. 

Under his hands, he felt nothing but bare skin.  Clothed in light, Heather was.  It was an interesting thing, for her naked skin to be hidden from view, yet freely touched.  Touches he, honestly, could not resist but avail himself to.

His natural hand slid down, coming to rest just where her coltish leg went to connect to her groin, and his prosthetic one made its way upwards, the fingertips just barely brushing at the skin of her stomach and skimming over her ribs, tenderly crossing the swell of one breast until the whole hand came to rest, flat over her heart.  "Have I told you this morning, Heather McMillan, that I love you?"

Reply #23
[Show/Hide]
If she guessed right, it seemed like Carrigan enjoyed the scent and overall feel of the room's environment now, much to her relief. Heather was partially afraid he wouldn't like it. Gods could be so particular. Back home when she was raised by her very cautious yet supportive parents, they made sure she thoroughly understood her station compared to that of their human neighbours. Smiling into his return kiss of affection, she simply turned to look down at her work, then did her best not to jump at his touch, especially the hand that went right down to her most sensitive spot. The smooth skin was warm and she both dreaded yet yearned for his touch. She idly wondered if it was just her or all Radiant were this ticklish. And he wasn't even trying.

She bit her lower lip, trying her best to just enjoy his touch, and leaned back against him, her right hand rising up behind her to caress his cheek. Her other hand rested over his artificial hand, her fingers tracing the solid material. He felt her heartbeat, for sure, and it was beating a little faster at all the touch, and more when he told her he loved her, “I-I think so,” said Heather, with a small smile, “but I will not tire of hearing you say it. And I love you.”

She tilted her head against his chest and kissed at his chin, then gently glided out of his hold, to gesture to the chair, “Try the sandwich. It's...my mother's recipe.”

Reply #24

She was so warm against him, so soft against his skin, so delicate under his hands.  Her touch so tender.  He had felt her twitch, and then relax under his touch, how her heart was beating even faster under that silk-smooth skin.  How natural it felt to hold Heather there, to hold her in his arms.  Carrigan Trent could not believe how fast their relationship had happened.  From a meeting to present her with the combadge and appointing her to her position as a Provisional Warrant Officer, a meeting where he had no qualms about opening himself up to her; a meeting that had ended with sharing a kiss.  Then, not that long afterwards, when they had met in her lab and they had kissed, where clothes had been removed, where it was all so natural, so normal...

And then the night they just had.  Comforting her.  Then kissing.  Touching.  Caressing.  Stripping.  Their lovemaking.  The joy and tenderness of waking up next to her.

And all of it was simply right

No, there was no other way to put this, it was simply right.  Telling this sweet young woman he loved her was not just expressing his feelings; it was stating a universal truth that was as inviolable as the gravitational constant or the proper intermix ratio between matter and antimatter.  It had happened surprisingly fast, for both of them.  But Heather McMillan was firmly ensconced in Carrigan Trent's heart, and he knew without anything resembling the shadow of a doubt he had met the love of his life.  And, when she would have settled in living with him in these quarters, he would ask her without hesitation if she'd consider marrying him...

But those thoughts changed as he felt her sliding from between his arms.  His synthetic hand brushed across her breast and a nipple; his natural one across her hip and over her trim buttocks.  And there she stood, motioning towards the chair facing the sandwich and the pot of coffee.  He could just barely make out her nudity under her glow, and between her recent contact with him and that sight, he could not hide how his member had engorged and partially hardened.  How he wanted her!  How he loved her! 

But his stomach reminded him, it had been quite some time since dinner, and he made his way for the chair, even more naked than she was given how he was but a mere mortal who did not possess an inner light of his own, and he sat himself down.  There was a lot of cured pork products in there, but the smell was reminding him of his hunger, and it was only through years of discipline that he managed to pour himself a cup of coffee before taking a bite.

The flavours exploded in his mouth.  Fresh bread.  Tangy pesto.  The creaminess of the cheese, the salt of the prosciutto, the smokiness of the bacon.  The taste of Heather's lips still lingering upon his.  He had realized it already, and now the certainty of things further cemented itself for him, crystallizing with perfect clarity.  Wherever Heather and he would be, that would be home.

"I don't think I've ever had food that tasted so... right." 

When he raised his eyes to meet hers, she would know that the flavour had but a minor part in his statement, that she was she who made things right.

Simple Audio Video Embedder