Skip to main content
Topic: USS Cayuga: Shooting Blind (Read 2679 times) previous topic - next topic

USS Cayuga: Shooting Blind

[ Lt JG, Salem Martin |Forward Torpedo Bay | USS Cayuga] Attn:  @Arista
[Show/Hide]

Two days without a targetting system, and that wasn't even the top of his priorities. He was still making sure that they could fire torpedoes out of the blasted tubes before he could focus on how to aim them. However he did have some good news. Forward torpedo launcher 1 was now coming back to life after having found and located most of the damage to the thing and repaired it. Enginering was stretched thin at the moment, so Tactical kind of had to take care of their own.

Thankfully he had worked as a crewmen, and done plenty of grunt work around these things. The torpedoes may get an upgrade, but the systems that fired them? those were mostly the same. He paused for a moment as he looked over their inventory management of the weapons.

He tapped his com badge. "Martin, to the captain. We have one of the forward torpedo launchers back up and running, but our sensors are still scrambled, if drafted by hand i'm pretty sure I can target something and hit it within the 70% accuracy rating, but I had an idea."

He was looking over the inventory and came back with a few sensor probes. He had been looking at them and thinking for the last few days.

"We have a couple of sensor probes here, I was thinking we could tie them with a network tether, send a few of them out in our cardinal directions, if we keep them tied up physically to the ship we could make a literal sensor net."

It wouldn't replace their long range sensors but those were already blacked out by the nebula, and damaged. The cube had been able to basically walk up right in front of them and they hadn't been able to tell what it was till it was already engaged.

"It would give us a couple hundred more meters of read out than we currently have. The cost would be a little mobility, we would be dragging them around if we started moving, but i don't think we have engine power anyway." He shrugged, but was actually unsure what tying a bunch of probes to the ship would actually cause in the way of side effects.

Re: USS Cayuga: Shooting Blind

Reply #1
[ Captain Anya Ziegler | Corridor | USS Cayuga ] Attn: @Masorin  
[Show/Hide]

Thud. Thud. Thud. The sound was rhythmic and as such, it helped Ziegler regulate her breathing. She enjoyed the noise of her feet hitting the deck as she ran. Some chose to listen to music but, for her, it was a distraction. After what had happened earlier in her ready room, Anya had found a few moments to sneak away. She needed to reset, and to do that she chose to run. It was a simple pleasure and one that didn’t require much. All she needed was good shoes, a good bra and somewhere to do it.

The Captain had run almost every corridor of the Cayuga, taking different, often circuitous routes. It was a hobby that she did alone, but she regularly saw members of the crew going about their daily business. She hoped it made her look more human and that they didn’t mind their commanding officer in such a way, but in truth she didn’t care. She did for herself and not for the crew. Jogging in the holodeck was okay, but it didn’t feel real. She knew that she never really left the room and that made hard to detach and lose herself to the pleasure of just running.

As Anya turned the corner of the corridor, she could feel her hair patting her shoulder with every step. She wore it in a ponytail - tight enough to keep it out of her face, but loose to let it flow with her every movement. It was a good routine - wearing her hair in the same way, wearing the same thing she always did to run. Tight black leggings, comfortable running shoes and a figure hugging grey tank top. There were many times she desired to leave her combadge in her quarters, but it was seldom that there was a run interrupted and today was no exception. She tapped the badge on her chest to open the channel and brought herself to a slow walk.

As martin talked, Anya tried to listen, but she could feel a bead of sweat join with its brothers, growing large enough to start a journey down in between her shoulder blades.

“Great news on the forward torpedo launcher, Lieutenant. I imagine the crew will sleep better knowing we have a way to defend ourselves.” Then when the tactical officer began talking about tying probes to the ship, Anya could feel her brow knit in contemplation.

On the wall was a panel that was actually working, currently a rare thing. She touched a few commands and found the location of the Lieutenant. The forward torpedo bay. She was only a few sections off and a couple of decks high. It was easy to see what she needed to do.

“It’s an interesting idea, this sensor net. Let me meet you in person and we can discuss it further. Ziegler out.” She touched her chest again to close the channel and set off running. Duty called.

Simple Audio Video Embedder