Skip to main content
Topic: Day 01 [1430 hrs.] New Officers & Old Acquaintances (Read 2142 times) previous topic - next topic

Day 01 [1430 hrs.] New Officers & Old Acquaintances

"NEW OFFICERS & OLD ACQUAINTANCES"

STARDATE 57559.2
MARCH 11, 2381
1430 HRS.

[ Captain Ives | Main Bridge | Deck 01 | Vector 01 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: Anyone
[Show/Hide]
When Jien stepped out of her office onto the bridge, one of the officers rose "Captain on the bridge."

"At ease," she said and smiled faintly to the on-duty bridge crew. The officer in her chair rose and stepped aside for her, letting her take the seat. Without further ado, she tapped the armrest's control panel and issued a shipwide call that would reach all the Vectors, separated as they were but not from the communication she was about to make. The Acting officers of two Departments had already got the information ahead of time from her personally - not to mention the two who the message would be about - but it was time to inform the whole crew.

"Attention all hands, this is Captain Ives. Today, I would like to inform you about the promotion of two officers, and their new roles in the Senior Staff. Effective as of this hour, Lieutenant Commanders Cross and Kai Akoni joins the Departmental Heads of this ship. Commander Cross will be your Chief Tactical Officer, with Lieutenants T'Less and Salem Martin being Assistant CTOs on Vectors 2 and 3 respectively. Commander Akoni will be your new Chief of Security, and Lieutenant ThanIda zh'Wann will - at her own request - continue to be your Deputy. Furthermore, Adam Kingston will serve as Master-at-Arms, and the three of them will split the responsibility of the crew's safety between themselves. Congratulations are in order, and I hope this message finds you all well. Soon, I will speak to High Chancellor Martok, but since Thea has merely begun her repairs, there is no call for added duties yet. The day will come when we join the Klingon Empire in the effort to expose the Infested, but today is not that day. As you were. Ives, out."

Tapping her small control panel, Jien looked up at the assembled bridge crew. Was there a hint of relief in some of their eyes, that shore leave might last for quite some time? Clearly, they needed the opportunity to step off the ship, and so far, with the positive development for the mission, Ives had yet to receive a single report about any deserters. She expected it to happen, even though she hoped against it, but she had no way to tell how many might try to leave the ship. If anyone deserted, she could but hope they understood the risk they put on the rest of the crew, should they fail to escape Starfleet and Admiral Sankolov.

"Incoming hail, Captain. It's the Chancellor." said the officer at Ops, and Jien raised her eyes to the front of the bridge, rising from her seat.

"On screen," she said, and as impeccably as she mimicked her uniform, she did not have to straighten her jacket. It was, after all, a part of herself. When she gave the word, the grizzly Klingon's scarred visage appeared before her.

"Captain Ives," he rumbled, a grin showing sharp teeth. "At long last. I was beginning to think you'd abandoned your crew, since I've only dealt with them up until now."

Jien folded her hands behind her back and her smile was just as grim as it was slight. "I may have some... reservations about how you dealt with them, old friend. Just like I am disheartened by your lack of faith in me..." she said, some iron to her words, though she did not linger on that note. "Be that as it may... I know how you were misled, and at least you learned the truth in the end."

Martok's grin may have faded, but he nodded grimly, and surely understood how Ives had to speak for a crew that had been attacked by the Chancellor personally. It was a choice between letting bad blood still flow, or to accept mistakes - to look ahead. Martok was Klingon, but he was not the kind to put old grievances over matters of higher import. "Zyrao Natauna spoke of an Imperial Intelligence operative that had infiltrated your ship, and who's actions led to the death of my son. I believe her word, but I will have that man handed over to me, so that he might face Klingon justice. The honour of my House demands it."

Jien nodded in understanding, and her words were firm. "I acknowledge that need," she said, but raised her chin. "Though what honour would I have; what kind of Starfleet officer would I be... if I handed over an innocent man to his death?"

This made Martok's lack of a smile turn into a deep scowl. "Need I remind you that your ship and your crew is at safe port merely because of my word, shapeshifter?" he warned, clearly not about to accept such a claim at the cost of his House's repute. "Why would this man be innocent? He even jeopardised your crew at SuD Lang."

"He did, and I will not have him serve aboard this ship," said Jien, unfolding her hands and stepping closer to the viewscreen. She knew Martok, and all it took was for him to believe her. "Yet that is also a reason why you should hear me, and take my word for what actually happened. I have nothing to gain in protecting him. I know facts that Zyrao Natauna wasn't privy to when she spoke to you, because we only managed to fully debrief the officers that fought at SuD Lang today."

Not convinced at all, Martok's scowl remained. He didn't move an inch on the screen. "And?"

"Neither the Imperial Intelligence operative nor my crew were to blame, because what destroyed the IKS Hakkarl was a derelict defence system on the moon, one built by the Alatha many centuries ago. SuD Lang was abandoned, and the ruins beneath the Empire's dilithium mine was untouched before that day. No one knows what triggered the moon's old defences, clearly not of our design nor ability to operate, but as far as such automated defences go... I reckon it is a safe bet that the trigger was the proximity of the Hakkarl that became your son's undoing, added with his attack on the moon and my crew."

"An attack... that my son commenced because of..."

"The operative - Hi'Jak. Yes. He might have instructed your son to attack the moon, but he clearly would not have known about those defences if he did, and my message - which Drex received instead of you - was not addressed to him. May I be so bold as to suggest that your son should have sent it to you, as intended, instead of acting on the word of some unknown operative? Hi'Jak made a mistake, but he did so with good intentions, believing he acted in the Empire's best interests. He thought the word from me about the Infested might compromise you, since you had no way of knowing who to trust in the High Council. Tell me now, Natauna claims you said that you saw one of them, did you not? Wouldn't that Infested have killed you long before today, had you spoken of the threat to her?"

Martok looked like he had ate something sour. "N'Garen..." he said, a lot of emotion behind those syllables. "Yes."

"I will release Hi'Jak to serve in Imperial Intelligence again, or whatever duty your General here deem fitting," said Jien and turned away from Martok, walking back to her seat, "for he has proven his loyalty to you more than he has done so to me. I will, however, keep him in my Brig if you do not give me your word that he doesn't die for that loyalty... because of a mistake that anyone might make. If I can redeem your House's honour in some other way than bloodshed, I am willing to listen."

The silence lingered... until Martok sneered and looked away. "Drex was always a fool, even if he was mine. I will think of due compensation, shapeshifter - if there is any to be found. This.... Hi'Jak. He will serve the Empire. He will make up for his mistake." Grim, the unsaid was, and Martok bared his teeth. "Oh, he will.... but he will live, on my honour."

"I'll remember your mercy... as well as your word," said Jien, her mien unruffled even if she was well aware she'd gone out on a limb for the traitor. Succinctly, she moved on to other matters. "Do you agree to have Zyrao Natauna as your liaison aboard this ship, or have you decided on something else for her?"

"I'll have her keep her eye on you and your crew, and speak for me, as suggested." Martok seated himself in his own chair on his bridge, and across light years of distance, Jien spoke at length about what the High Chancellor didn't know about the Infested and the threat to the Empire and the Federation alike.

OOC: Attention @Fife , @trevorvw and @BZ since some info pertain to your characters. @Masorin , you can write a a reply here in which Ida comes to Hi'Jak's cell and hands over a PADD containing a recording of the conversation above. She'd come by at 1510 hrs., in the capacity of Deputy instead of Acting CSec, which Hi'Jak would have heard in the announcement in the beginning of this post.

Re: SD 57559.2: New Officers & Old Acquaintances

Reply #1
Hi'Jak | Holding Cell | USS Theurgy] attn: @Auctor Lucan
[Show/Hide]

Sleep was not easy in the brig. It came in small bursts and fits. He probably would have had an easier time if he had changed out of the infiltration suite. Parts of him were now itchy that had never been itchy in the past. His balls were probably the closest to an actual swamp land than he had ever wanted to know.

And yet he refused to change with the lack of any and all privacy he would rather his flesh fall off than loose what little dignity he had left.

Over the day lots of things had happened outside his cell. But for jack only one question remained. when will I die?

Ives voice spoke over the ship wide his mind and body were only loosely connected as he woke to listen. Ida was a deputy again. Asst chief of security new people he never knew had the top spot.

But nothing about science. Vivian still had command there.

That was nice.

He got to his feet stretching himself out in the soft light of whenever this was. He had work to do.

Hi'Jak had lost an arm. That in a way did a lot more damage than the loss of the Klingon half of his body. Earlier he had been told that a surgery could reverse the damage.

He agreed instantly.

It would keep him alive for a few more days and give him the chance to die a Klingon.

If nothing else he could have one thing back that this week took from him.

But to go through a traumatic surgery like that and survive he would need to start exercising his arm so his body could adjust.

For the next hour or so it was exercise time. Jack didnt have much but his mind always worked best when it was in motion.

By the time a familiar person came to his cell he was attempting to do push ups. A task that used to be a lot easier. He rolled over onto his back panting for a moment. "Hello Ida... brings you... to my humble abode."

The infiltration suite was half off. He had managed to pull off the chest part of it after a few minutes of trying and the air and metal felt good on his back as he huffed air.

Reply #2
[ Lieutenant ThanIda zh'Wann | Brig | Deck 09 | USS Theurgy] Attn: @Masorin
[Show/Hide]
For a moment, Ida just stood there with her hands behind her back, watching the traitor recover from his one-armed feet. She didn't answer him immediately, but turned her eyes and antennae towards the Brig Officer, giving him a short nod. At once, the forcefield dropped between her and the Imperial Intelligence operative. Without further ado, she stepped into the cell and reached down towards him, offering to help pull him up from the deck. "On your feet. It's time."

Once he was standing, however, she gave him the PADD that she'd been holding with her other hand.

"It would appear things didn't quite turn out the way I expected," she commented, and didn't lead the way out of the cell just yet, letting the man learn his fate on his own first. "If I were you, I'd be grateful."

She waited then, while the man played the recording, which ended by the time Ives changed topic. Ida looked towards the bundle of clothes, seeing that they remained untouched, and then towards the partially peeled off Savi infiltration suit. She barely managed to keep herself from rolling her eyes, realising that the infiltrator would have to get dressed before he could be led out of the ship.

If he had managed to get the top half off his shoulders, then he surely would be able to handle the rest. In any case, she was certainly not going to help him. She could always have Thea beam him off the ship without clothes too. Would serve him right too, she thought privately with a small smirk.

Reply #3
[Show/Hide]

Something was wrong about Ida, he could tell when she was mad, considering she had been constantly with him. This was more like disappointment or something. When she said that something had gone differently than she had predicted he was curious, but he refused to let himself hope for anything. He took the pad as offered looking it over with his good eye.

He read the transcript the first time through, and paused. then he had to scroll back to the top and read it again.

This made no sense. Hi'Jak wasn't even a member of their crew anymore. Why did Ives go out of their way for him? This wasn't how a captain worked, not in the Federation and not in the empire. You didn't just put your neck out for someone whom had betrayed you.

For Jack to die all Ives would have had to do is say nothing, the ship would have been given a five star treatment and the crew would get on with their lives. Yet Ives had put that at risk for a moment just so Jack could have a stay of execution. He looked at Ida genuine confusion abound for a moment. "I don't understand."

It was a type of shock that gripped him in the moment. No one had ever stuck their neck out for him before. The last time he had any physical interaction with Ives the shapeshifter had allowed him to be shot without ever getting in a word edge wise. Jack looked at the recording of the conversation. He felt shaken, it was difficult to explain. Jack put the computer down, and started to get dressed, putting on the shirt first, and then finally discarding the infiltration suit putting on proper pants.

He looked at the words again, trying to make sense of it. It was a stay of execution, a chance to serve his empire yet again. After two or three days of fearing for his life everything was lifted. He wasn't going to die.

He was trembling, he had no tears left, his eye was already red from the previous night. He just kept reading those words, confusion, gratitude. He wasn't sure exactly how to take in any of this information.

But he knew he wasn't about to let go of this PADD. He clutched it close to his chest. "Okay, I'm ready to go."

He wasn't. His blue eye kept looking at the PADD.

This changed something. Jack wasn't sure what, but no one had ever supported him before, taken a risk for him before, Ives had just allowed him to keep his life, it wasn't something he was going to waste, not a second time. For now Imperial Intelligence would have a posting for him, and Ives was right he had shown more loyalty to the empire than he had the shifter.

Jack had never believed in honor codes, or worked with the klingon side of him, but... now was a bit different. He felt like he would need to find some way to repay it in the long run.

Reply #4
[Show/Hide]
It seemed, at last, that while Hi'Jak may have broken under his guilt on the Versant, the man now realised just how wrong he'd been about Ives.

Truth be told, as Ida led the way out of the cell and the nearly empty Brig, she had thought Ives might have been more circumspect in preventing the execution. She had never thought the shapeshifter would be so bold as to deny Martok what he wanted on an open channel - in front of the bridge crews of both the Theurgy and that Klingon ship - but it may also have been a part of the tactic. Such methods were a bit beyond Ida, being more of a blunt instrument in getting things done, but in the end, it had served to demonstrate how Ives - despite whatever horrors suffered on the Versant - still represented the values of Starfleet and the Federation. If Ida had doubted that because of the white bug ship, seeing the Captain stand up for what was right eased Ida's fears in that regard.

In fact, she was not entirely sure she'd come though her own ordeals unscathed.

"I am leading you off the ship, through one of the docking arms. Your new handler from Imperial Intelligence will meet us at the airlock. Your oaths to the Empire were sworn before you entered Starfleet Academy, and since you betrayed Captain Ives and the away team I led, you are stripped of rank and uniform, and you will not serve on the Theurgy again - likely not Starfleet as a whole, depending on the outcome of our mission. Your security clearance on the Theurgy is rescinded, and you may not come aboard unless invited by one of our officers."

By then, they passed through the lobby, and she felt the eyes of the Infested from the holding cell adjacent to the area - staring at them as they passed and left the security centre behind. In the corridor, she continued.

"As for the treatment that the Savi android - V-Nine - can provide, you will of course be able to return for it, and these circumstances have already been explained to your handler."

Ida did not mention the laugh she'd heard when it was revealed that Hi'Jak had a smooth forehead. She found it bad form, given the circumstances in which the traitor had been forcibly altered. "Do you have any questions?"

Reply #5
[Show/Hide]

Walking slightly behind Ida he listened to her, but his eye was still glued to the PADD reading over the words as his mind tried to process exactly why and how this was happening. He didn't understand for the life of him why anyone would ever step out of their way for him, and in this fashion he had to at least try to talk to Ives, though considering that he was now forbayed from the ship unless invited onto it by an officer and all his movements aboard such a ship would be near impossible he probably didn't have a chance in hell of actually getting such a meeting.

"I'd like to talk with Ives if possible, would there be a way to arrange a meeting?" He wasn't sure what he would say, rather the shapeshifter had just saved his life, there was a lot he could say to that. He was glad to hear about the ability to return for his operation in the future, at least he had that to look forward too, she spoke about his oaths, He wasn't a fool or a patriot, he didn't care about his oaths, neither the Federation or the empire had ever stuck their neck out for him the way Ives had.

For the first time in his life he felt a sense of... obligation, his mother had often spoke about how one must act with honor, and repay debts. In his hand he held a debt that would take a life time to repay, on a ship that didn't want him anywhere near it. He sighed he supposed he would just have to find some way to support the Theurgy from his current station.

"If my security clearance has been revoked that's fine, but I'd like copies of all my work handed back to me. In particular all files pertaining to my work from starbase 84. If so needed I can file an official request form but that's basically my life's work." Not that any of it amounted to much. Most of it was just observational research, years of his life spent wasted doing same repetitive tasks that kept him beneath the notice of others. Calling that his life's work only proved the point that before winding up on this ship he had wasted his life.

As they passed the lobby even Jack's eye strayed slightly towards the gravity chamber that held the creature. He almost wanted to pause for a moment, that thing was the single greatest scientific curiosity in the universe. He wanted to peck at it, take it apart piecemeal so that he could learn more about it. However it was also a reminder of the clear and present danger that existed outside of this ship. He wasn't so sure that he liked the idea of having to work for Imperial Intelligence, he was certain that at least one of 'them' would be among the empires spies.

"I imagine I am going to be put into trial, at some point in the future, some form of official hearing would have to take place i'm sure. Martok won't be so easily convinced of my innocence. I'd like access to the Sabine's memory banks, as well as all the information we collected at SuD Lang, it will help to build my case if I have access to the evidence that at least supports the captains claims about me." He didn't even bother to dissuade Ida's opinion of him, he didn't care. She would likely be a witness of the crown if she was called at all, he certainly wouldn't put her in front of a Klingon court to try and mark testimony from her. While her character was imputable that was very much the problem. Her observations were far too flawed in all of this. "If I remember correctly I had a PADD that was connected to the memory core of SuD Lang, after the omega detonation the connection would have been severed, but the PADD it's self can serve as a back memory of all the information from SuD Lang, even messages sent from it, if you can find that PADD I would be able to provide a copy of the original message I sent to Drax. Unless it was taken after I was punched in the face and tied up it would still be secured in the front section of Sabine, along with a pair of underwear I seem to have lost track of. Though I do not need the boxers returned to me."

"This says that all the members of the away team were debriefed, but I was never pulled into a briefing. I take it no one actually wanted to hear my take of the events of that away mission?" Honestly that didn't surprise him. His testimony to what happened on SuD Lang could be seen as too personal to give a detailed debrief of what happened in that control room, however he disliked the fact that the ship had only asked for Ida's version of the events.

Reply #6
[Show/Hide]
Walking in front of the traitor, Ida let the questions breeze over her - the resonance of his voice picked up by her antennae. Her hands were in loose fists while they walked, and whatever sway to her hip was born out of idle sufferance. She answered the questions in turn as they came, her eyes on the path ahead but both her peripheral vision and her antennae attuned to the pinkskin's motions and words.

"You can always submit a request for an audience with the Captain after you've begun your duties for Imperial Intelligence. I'll not take your request for you, however. I'm a Deputy, not an errand girl," she said evenly as they turned an intersection, heading for one of the Sword's airlocks. "As for your belongings and research, I have been told that Ops will deliver that for you. No idea when that will come up in their cue, however. Might be today, might be tomorrow."

Then, Hi'Jak began to talk about SuD Lang again, clearly having missed the point of the exchange between Martok and Ives. She let him talk, however, while they stepped through the airlock with a nod to the security officers in the checkpoint, and began the walk down the long docking arm. The viewports on both sides of the docking arm revealed the expanse of the shipyards, along with the golden surface of Aldea below. The Aldean sun shone straight through the viewports of the docking arm, and cast moving worker bees and Klingon small craft into light while they conducted hull repairs on the Theurgy's three vectors. When the traitor finally ran out of breath or words, Ida came to a stop, turning her head to look at the one-eyed cripple.

"Do I need to spell it out for you?" she asked, giving him a grim smile. "Martok has given his word. You're acquitted of your crimes. We have the PADD, but neither of us need it any more. Wherever the blame is rightly placed, whatever justice might have been due for you in the mistake of contacting the Hakkarl, the High Chancellor has granted you life, and leave to return to your duties for the Empire."

She turned to face him, the Aldean sun's light moving over her form as she did. "Right or wrong, there will be no trial, because Ives made sure you can live, so that you can think about the mistakes you made, until you learn to do better. The High Chancellor, on his honour, granted you mercy, because Ives made him swear it. Count yourself fortunate, for I don't think you need to do more than submit a full report to your new handler."

A handler, that could be seen as a distant figure at the end of the long docking arm - waiting for them.

"Drop it, pinkskin," she said and resumed walking. "You'll live... unless you get yourself in some new shelat off the Theurgy. Should that happen, I doubt Ives can save your arse again. He may be old, but I hardly think Martok will have forgotten what you did."

OOC: I'll leave it up to you to create and NPC Hi'Jak's handler in Imperial Intelligence! Looking forward to what you come up with. :)

Reply #7
Hi'Jak | airlock arm| USS Theurgy In transit to Aldea] attn: @Auctor Lucan
[Show/Hide]

Jack looked at the ground he should be relieved that he was free to go, but he kinda wasn't. He walked forward, and his eyes looked to the ground a soft sigh escaping him. He didn't really have anything more to say to Ida, and he was pretty sure that Ida didn't want to have to say anything more to him. He mulled over his options, he was back on a space station, he had a desk job, in a lot of ways this was exactly where he had come from just that now he was a member of imperial intelegence proper. With the empire being a meritocracy if he could apply himself and show himself useful he could probably ascend ranks.

It was a safe posting in the backlines of the empire, any war that would have spawned from the theurgy's actions would be far away from here once they were gone.

So why did he feel like he wanted to go back to the ship?

That answer hit him when he looked up at the hallway to the airlock, and the Aldean station. The Klingon woman at the other end of the hallway. Hi'Jak paused for a moment. a glint of familiarity ran across his face, he knew this woman. Handler was right, this was a klingon woman he knew intimitately, he felt a pain in his side for a moment, memory of a woman whom had shattered his ribs back when he had been in training.

"But if she's here who's guarding Hades."

~~~~~~~

Sorlas Telakth Daughter of Sothek | Klingon Imperial Intelegence | Aldean Airlock Arm, in transit to USS Theurgy]

Sorlas looked at the ridgless head of a man, a one armed one eyed cripple. This was what became of Hi'Jak? As if the man's wasn't pathetic enough now he was barely a man at all. "Are you so sure we should keep this thing alive? When I was told I was getting an agent to help the empire I at least assumed that it would be in one piece."

"It has no ridges, no honor, and it's missing an arm, am I really looking at you Hi'Jak or some sort of twisted mockery of a creature that walks in his shape? Were it not for the favor handed out by Chancellor Martok I'd kill you where you stand."

The look of disdain was clear on her face, a scowl forming out of the twisted amusement that came from seeing one of her own students ending up in such a sorry state. The half breed had attended her classes years ago, but even back then he had been almost completely useless, now she was saddled with him, and by the state of him, by the fact that he wasn't even Klingon anymore she really didn't have much to say. She approached at the half way point.

Jack for his part didn't slink away, he walked forward in front of Ida, but he also couldn't manage to look the woman in the eye with all that happened. She growled. "Luj loD!" she yelled her fist impacting his face knocking Hi'Jak to the ground hard enough that his head span for a moment a small amount of blood splattering the far wall as she cut his jaw with her hand. The words roughly translated to 'failure of a man' Jack for his part groaned, and got back up to his feet.

"This, creature will not die, he has the chancellors words with your captain, but he will wish he had." She reached down and grabbed Jack pulling him up to his feet by his hair, pulling him forward, and pushing him out towards Aldea. "Thank you for delivering this pile of paperwork to my desk. I shall put it to work."

Jack looked back at Ida, an almost pleading glance, but knew he would find no mercy here.

Reply #8
[Show/Hide]
It seemed Ida had managed to shut up the pinksin for the time being, the truth about his situation finally dawning on him. They continued in silence, until the handler came into view, and he said something with a clear Human reference that Ida couldn't quite understand. Was it some old deity he spoke of? Or some kind of hell? Earth history was not a course she'd excelled at in the Academy, despite her exile from her own home planet.

When they were about to reach Sorlas Telakth, daughter of Sothek, the abrasive Klingon woman wasted no time questioning Hi'Jak's honour, and Ida quietly folded her arms underneath her chest while she spoke of the cripple's ridgeless forehead and missing arm. She knew little of the Imperial Intelligence woma, but Klingons sometimes forsook the lineage statement and formed their names with personal names immediately followed by surnames, especially with those who were orphaned and adopted into a non-familial group, or those that lacked an honorific. Klingon surnames were usually the official name of the Great House or family line to which the individual owed loyalty, but in Sorlas Telakth's case, it might have been a combination.

Ida thus deduced that the woman could be an orphan of some old battle, and was either adopted or wed to the Telakth family line, but still kept the honorific of being the daughter of this Sothek - whoever he was. Regardless Ida felt somewhat compelled to speak on the traitor's behalf, as if she was defending the quality of the merchandise she was handing over... only she put very little passion into it.

"This twisted mockery of a creature will be in one piece again soon," she said, her antennae remaining still as they watched the approaching woman along with her indifferent stare. "He is to be scheduled for surgery aboard the Theurgy, in which he will be fitted with an artificial arm and an eye, and his DNA will be resequenced to what it used to be. Thus, he'll regain whatever ridges he had."

Then came the strike, right in the wake of her words, which sent Hi'Jak to the plating beneath their feet. Ida's forehead creased in a brief frown, being reminded that Federation doctrine was quite different from that of Klingon. Still Sorlas assured Ida that he would not die, only he'd live to suffer. She stilled the impulse to clench her teeth and speak anew on the traitor's behalf. He was home, and he'd readapt to the life he ledbefore he infiltrated Starfleet. The man looked back at Ida, and there was almost a plea there in his remaining eye, for mercy... which told her that readjustment might be difficult.

"I am sure he will be worth the trouble," she said in the end to the Klingon handler, but that would have to suffice. "While mistakes were made, he was quite resourceful. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt if I were you, Sorlas Telakth, daughter of Sothek. Just like High Chancellor Martok did."

She looked towards Hi'Jak again. 'Earn this mercy," she told him, for he could have fared a lot worse. With naught more to say, Ida turned to leave. "...and restore your honour. I'm sure we'll speak soon."

As she walked back along the docking arm alone, Ida decided that she would include her assessment of the Klingon handler, and make sure Ives knew what kind of adjustment the former Junior Lieutenant faced.

Reply #9
Hi'Jak | airlock arm| USS Theurgy In transit to Aldea] attn: @Auctor Lucan
[Show/Hide]

Jack knew that he had been hit a little too hard because he was pretty sure that Ida had just given him a complement. He brushed his cheek for a moment as he felt the cut across his face, he got to his feet. He heard about the addition of the eye and the arm, that was not something he had been informed of, but not something he would turn away.

Why the hell did the theurgy crew have to be so generous at every turn? it would have been easier to stand by his guns if they weren't constantly proving his character assessment wrong. It was unfortunate that they were, he tried his best to stand tall, as Ida said her goodbyes.

Again he didn't know what he was supposed to say to that. Regain his honor? There wasn't a lot that he could do to regain something he had never really held in the first place, but he knew one thing for sure.

He was tired of always running from his problems, tired of being a coward.

He didn't know what else to say, so he held himself up high. "I'm sure we will meet again Ida." Next time hopefully he wouldn't have to put up with being in chains, or being shot, or being a prisoner. He owed a lot to the Theurgy and her crew, but Ida had made it clear she didn't want to hear it from him. He would have to compose a letter for the captain at some point.

~Fin

Simple Audio Video Embedder