Skip to main content
Recent Posts
Episode 02: Cosmic Imperative / Re: CH. 3 S [Day 01 | 1315] Growing New Roots
Last post by AbsintheDeux -
[ PO1st Artimis Saugn | Shuttle craft Faraday | IKS Kolath landing bay ] @P.C. Haring
[Show/Hide]

"I'm afraid I cannot be too specific, the exact nature of the prototaxites stellaviatori mycelial network is both highly debated and highly classified, which makes it hard to talk about it unless there is some common knowledge already. Really, that's thanks to the events of the last time there was experimentation with the network," Artimis replied and shrugged. "It's the kind of thing that if you know, then you know, and if you don't know then it's more than likely well above your clearance." She offered her pilot a kind smile and shrugged once more. "My mission, if I can get to the point where I can usefully fulfill it, is really the same as yours or anyone else's on the Theurgy..." She paused for effect and then beamed, "Beat the bad guys!"

"On a non-classified note, I am very much looking forward to meeting more of the crew of the Theurgy. Desperate times tend to bring out unique personality traits in a number of species and I have not really interacted with many humanoids outside of the lab and the Klingons that brought me here," She said trying to find a topic that would not get her into trouble for talking about.
Episode 02: Cosmic Imperative / Re: CH. 3 S [Day 01 | 1315] Seeding Unknown Soil
Last post by AbsintheDeux -
[ PO1st Artimis Saugn | Arboretum| Deck 22 | Vector 3 | USS Theurgy ] @Ellen Fitz
[Show/Hide]

"As a member of intelligence I never much understood conspiratorial thinking," Artimis observed. "I mean I understand how there may seem to be some grand conspiracy, especially given the current circumstances the Theurgy and her crew find themselves in, but given the actual possibility of one person uncovering even a tenth of what is really going on in the universe..." She trailed off and shrugged.

Looking around at all the plants she could not help but give a contented sigh. She was glad to not be directly on duty and thus not required to do or say anything special. These members of the crew were not high-ranking enough to make much of a difference to her mission and she was thus able to relax, if only for a moment.

She smiled and spun on her heel to examine a plant before looking back at the others. Her pupilless blue eyes seemed to have an almost inhuman glow to them, though it was only the result of the iridescent quality of them reflecting the ambient light. She was not human, even if she looked mostly so. "I mean, I would much rather be happy than right, I intend to fulfill my purpose and do what my masters have instructed me, but for the parts of my life not directed by them..." She bent down and smelled the sweet aroma of a blooming flower bud. "I'm more than happy to stop and smell the roses... thorns and all."
Episode 02: Cosmic Imperative / Re: CH 2: S [Day 01 | 1700hrs] Cross on the Titan
Last post by Krajin -
[ Dominic Winters | Lower Gymnasium | Vector 2 | Deck 14 | The Ranger ATTN: @Ellen Fitz

“I am very unfamiliar with Bajoran anatomy. Outside of the earrings they wear which I think is.. Religious?” He seemed to be unsure of that. “Are you telepathic? Or developed the Vulcan ability of Touch-Telepathy?” Dominic asked curiously as he adjusted from the original, impending threat of a strike to the groin as a means of escaping the headlock. Something Dominic was rather thankful that this was not executed, hits to the groin were taken rather personally and Dom had been known in the past to get particularly rough with people.

Stepping back a moment to give them some space he listened to Cross’ explanation. Seemed the two shared some sort of origins in a distant kind of manner. Both were engineered to be soldiers, warriors though it seemed through distinctly different methods. The hybrid took a little bit to passively read Cross’ surface emotions as he described the whole thing. “I’d joke that would sound very Vulcan in nature with how you describe tactical but! Vulcans as far as I know tend to be more about if it works, it works and don’t change it if it is adequate.” He shrugged.

“In some ways it does kind of overlap as a Pilot in that regard, though it's covering ourselves or our squadrons if we’re leads.” Trying to think a bit, Dominic adopted a more comfortable posture, his ears twitching as he looked to Cross. “Have you tried a Mind Meld? Or anything of the sort? Headaches could be burgeoning Telepathy that could use a little outlet or exploration.” He offered the Vulcan. “As far as I know, all Vulcans are telepathic in that way and I learned from my teacher in Suus Mahna, that some Vulcans can learn different techniques in Telepathy.”

He began to pace slightly as the Kzint was still quite wired and keen to engage in some physical activity. “Shall we spar? Or get into some other movements?” He enquired. “I am rather keen to see what you can do.”
Interregnum 01-02 S2 / Re: Day 05 [2350 hrs] A most Unexpected Encounter
Last post by Pierce -
[ Lt. Commander Alana Pierce | Public Baths | Deck 06 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Nesota Kynnovan [Show/Hide]

The edge of the hot tub was surprisingly warm despite the water splashing and the cooler air. Her face leaning into her arms as the hair on them started to chill somewhat, showing the bumps as it contracted. Her chest thankfully was still submerged or Amanda was likely to see the thoughts rolling through her head along with the impact of the cold on them. Somewhat thankful that there even had been someone to talk to at this point of the night. She felt alone since moving to this century. Sure she'd hung out with her great granddaughter, Reggie and Hirek, but she still wasn't fully ingrained in the ship's culture as of yet. Too much work, death and replacements of crew. Hell, she'd only been here for a few weeks too.

Shaking the thoughts as she felt the delicate hands of Amanda rearranging her muscles in her back, she groaned in delight. Eyes rolling in relaxation as she loosened up more and felt the calm hit her, which only amplified her other urges and arousal. Something she'd mildly experimented on after coming to terms with her current form but not spent too much time on due to not having a possible partner in that area. That and with her transformation, not knowing how her hormones or mental state would swing her yet. But her mind was still male, despite the physical changes and feelings.

Alana enjoyed the Martian accent as Amanda eased her back. She chuckled at the mention of back pain. Her mind wandered as she heard the response from the blonde about not being embarrassed for her body. The lubrication from the water on her back helped the hands glide and caused some other slight lubrication to begin as well in a most southern of regions. She felt the softness from Amanda's breasts rubbing on her back, poking her with the tips as she pushed into her more.

Heat was hitting Alana's face and she attempted to control her breathing more despite knowing what she should or shouldn't do. The compliment about her body looking good and that many would kill to have her figure only helped accelerate the feelings. She felt the thumbs pressing into her back more as she felt Amanda lean in and whisper about her being terribly overdressed. Feeling the blonde move closer after the statement, she smirked to herself. She noted the gliding of the skin to skin contact and welcomed it as Amanda backed up some.

Pierce turned around slowly as she pulled her head off her arms and flipped her hair over her back again as she stretched, only accentuating her large bust before Amanda further before clasping her hands together for a arm stretch, and pushing of her cleavage. "My back feels great! Thank you so much for that. You're a natural." She could see Amanda's cheeks looking flushed and slightly red. The other officer was clearly as heated up as herself. Decidedly she pushed the matter further.

"You know, you're right. I should probably make it up to you..." She smirked as she reached her hand around and pulled the string to her bikini, releasing her breasts from their tightly clad fabric prisons with string abound. The weight falling slightly further with a jiggle as they still stood pronounced and perky. Her areolas were enlarged as her face stood slightly red and heated as she felt somewhat shy for what she'd just done, but felt empowered by the compliments from Amanda.

She rubbed them together and released them as she scratched below the bulbous flesh. Pierce shimmied out of her bottoms as well setting the two-piece garments on the edge of the tub before walking forward. "So Amanda, what do you think? Is this a reward enough for interrupting your time earlier, and for the back rub, which was nice by the way." She twirled around showing her soft form before looking back at her face once more.

Alana closed the distance and looked at Amanda before she placed her palm on the other woman's breast with a squeeze.
Episode 02: Cosmic Imperative / Re: CH 2: S [Day 01 | 1857 hrs] Expectations
Last post by joshs1000 -
[CPO Avandar Lok | Arboretum Cafe | Deck 20| Vector 03 | USS Theurgy] Attn: @Ellen Fitz
[Show/Hide]

Lok had by now finished his sandwiches but was already considering getting something later from the replicator in his quarters…he would just have the program the damn thing. Hopefully the computer was not stubborn or argumentative. That was the last thing he wanted to deal with today.

“Uh that’s a good question, I guess it really comes down to personal preference if I’m being honest”, Lok replied to Cross’s question while reaching up to scratch his furred chin with his clawed fingers. His ears twitched a little as he looked off a bit in thought.

“I’m honestly not that well versed on anything but Federation technology -I mean I can figure an engine out, they are all basically the same, but as to how those compared to ours I don’t know if I'm the right guy to ask.”

Perhaps the ship’s engineer knew more about that than him. Sure he had come across lots of alien species in his sixteen years of service but very few needed him to muck around in their systems. Anything major and they sent over the chief engineer and his special entourage of preferred juniors. Lok was only ever called up to perhaps fix some minor issue on a visiting dignitary’s shuttlecraft. Granted it wasn’t all that, and thanks to the War he had some stories he could furnish to Cross.

“The only things I guess I ever really got a look at were some Cardassian and Klingon ships during the War.” He watched as the pudding was set down in front of Cross, he understood it was supposed to be a sweet human dessert, not something he would ever eat or even could eat for that matter. His keen nose picked up the scent but not the wonderful fruitiness, just sort of an organic plant smell and whatever non-sweet ingredients were used to make it. After handing his empty plate over to the server and requesting some more coffee, he continued.

“Klingons have some rather quality equipment, despite what a more uninformed person might think, but it’s very simple and straightforward -easy to fix in a pinch…which I guess is why they use it so effectively in their wars -not to mention it lasts forever.” He smiled as a memory came back to him, one Cross might get a small kick out of, considering their current mission. “I actually got to meet then General Martok once”, he began, his smile turning to a toothy grin, though he made sure to not show his sharp teeth, a habit to keep himself from coming across as intimidating. He continued as his fresh pot of coffee arrived, “He was doing a sort of goodwill tour of the ships in our combat sector, though I think he just wanted to get a closer look at one of the new Sovereigns, anyway, he walked through the flight deck to get a look at our fighters, we just got the new Gryphons in, well new at the time. He went around asking some guys stuff, looking tough, finally he got to me, didn’t say anything, just sort of looked me up and down then chuckled and walked off.”
Episode 02: Cosmic Imperative / Re: C01: S [D01|[0940] - Shipping Out
Last post by P.C. Haring -
[ Lt Kestra Pren | U.S.S. Mary Baldwin ] Attn: @RyeTanker‍  @Hans Applegate‍ 

Kestra had known there might be a detour on her way to the final destination.  Captain Lau had alluded to the same when he picked her up on starbase, but she had not expected they would be hitting a Romulan weapons research station.  Given her history, she had been briefed on Romulan Thaloron technology and how it had almost destroyed the Enterprise-E.  But she hadn’t truly expected she’d ever come face to face with the technology.

Quietly, she stood in the corner of the room while Lau briefed her and the crew on the details of the mission, Kestra let out a quiet sigh.  What she wouldn’t do for her war time Rapid Response Unit.  If she had that team still at her disposal, they could have made mince meat out of the facility and no one would have been the wiser.  But that would never happen.  From her own fire team, Amado was a Captain now, Galbraith was dead, and Labonne had resigned the service after the death of her father.  The rest of her unit had been long since re-assigned and scattered.  At least officially.

She suspected the RRU still operated in secret, especially given the endorsement she had received from Admiral Anderson.  But in this moment, at this place, that was neither here nor there.  She could only work with what she had available to her, and she had technically been placed under Lau’s command for the duration of this trip.

Kestra listened as Lau finished up, asked what she needed to ask, and returned quickly to her quearters when he dismissed the meeting.  Even though they were still eight hours out, Pren found herself already falling into her familiar habits. 

The duffel came out of the closed where she had stowed it and she began unpacking.  The personal items she had brought with her, as well as the things she had specifically set aside for when she finally met Lt. Suder were grouped together, along with the isolenear chip that stored the replicator patterns for her wardrobe.

At the bottom of the large duffel lay what she sought. 

It had been difficult for her to properly pack her tactical vest.  Common sense told her to store it in the replicator files she brought with her, but superstition had won out.  That vest was hers.  It had seen her through the war, through her special assignments, and to put it into the replicator for storage felt like destroying it.  Even though the wear and tear the vest had seen would be preserved, it just didn’t seem right.  At some point, she knew she would have to retire the vest.  It simply would reach it’s end.  But even then she would not discard it as it had been with her since AR-558.

Setting the vest on her bed, she turned back to her bag and pulled out the lock box that contained her phasers.  The type two holstered onto her belt, and she snapped the type one around her ankle.  The combat knife she left on the bed next to the vest.

Finally, she realized, that she needed to have Lau assign her a rifle.  Early and premature, yes.  But she would need time to disassemble it, check it, and adjust it to her preferences.

Perhaps a bit much, all things considered, but this, was who she was.  Years ago she had shipped out to the Dominion front.  Today she was shipping out to the USS Theurgy by way of a Romulan weapons research lab.  Yet no matter the assignment, the old war soldier that was Kestra Pren could not, would not, let go of her rituals. 

After all, as they had served her so well in the past, and given the chaos she knew was sure to come, why should she?

-FIN
Episode 02: Cosmic Imperative / Re: CH. 3 S [Day 01 | 1315] Growing New Roots
[ Lt. Reggie Suder | Shuttle craft Faraday | IKS Kolath landing bay ] @absinth‍ 

Reggie chuckled at the gesture and turned her attention away from the conversation and back to the controls.

“Shuttlecraft Faraday to IKS Kolath, requesting departure clearance.”

[Standby Shuttle Faraday]

Reggie was unsure as to why the Klingons were keeping them from launching.  Her sensors did not indicate anything that would be immediately in her flight path nor did she detect any other threats.  But in her experience, especially in matters that were not considered critical, she found Klingons could often be a little lax in their protocol.  She did not sense anything wrong per se and since she was in no real hurry for now, she was content to sit and wait.

“What exactly is this  ‘prototaxites stellaviatori mycelial network’?  I’ve heard the reference here and there,” she said referring mostly to her academy days when she heard it mentioned once or twice in the science labs, “but I know very little.”

Then her basic science caught up with her.  “Wait… Mycelial..  Is that related to Mycelium… as in Fungus?”
Interregnum 01-02 S2 / Re: Day 19 [1430 hrs] A Quick Course in Cardiovascular Acceleration
[Lt Reggie Suder | Lower Gymnasium Locker Room | Deck 14 | Vector 03 | USS Theurgy] Attn: @RyeTanker‍ 

Never before had Reggie seen such a response in her partner this early into their play and through the erotic senses, it thrilled her that she had her found her way into Zark’s pleasure.  She gasped as much from the momentary loss of breath as her back slammed against the locker, as from the unexpected, but welcomed aggression from her partner.  She felt the firm Andorian hand guiding her and did not hesitate when her fingers were invited to play with Zark’s breast. 

Her head swam with incoherent thoughts, but she heard enough to understand Zark’s wish to do this somewhere else.  Gently she let go of the Andorian’s antenna and reached up over her head, fumbling for her combadge which she had left on the shelf of her open locker door.  Her hand clasped around the delta but released it just as quickly, her head throwing back and a low but distinct moan escaped her lips.  She felt the Andorian on her and willed Zark to impose her dominant strength on her and take her for her own. 

Reaching again for her combadge she lost her balance, their weight shifting.  Suddenly the tension of the bra strap over her right shoulder released.  Whether the strap had broken, or simply come undone, Reggie neither knew nor cared.

Through the soup of feeling and emotion, she found enough coherence to activate her badge.

“Site…to site transport…for two”  she gasped through ragged uneven breaths.  “Jeffriees tube junction…” she gasped again as her own sense of self began to slip away.  “Twelve alpha….  Energize.”

Somewhere, in the recesses of her mind, she knew Twelve alpha… a six way junction…two vertical, four lateral, ladder, and enough room to stand or lay as the mood struck them.

Her last coherent thought left her as the transporter beam took them.
Interregnum 01-02 S2 / Re: D03 {2330 hrs] - …and Party Every Day
[Lt. Regiene “Reggie” Suder | Holodeck 02 | Deck 08 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] attn: @Stegro88‍ 

At once Reggie felt both crushed and uplifted.  Given how much time had passed and the nature of their chance meeting in the closed public baths, Reggie had not even expected T’Less to attend the event.  The Betazoid had held even less expectation that the Vulcan would stay the night to wait for her, especially given just how raucous the night had been and how she knew that must have grated on the Vulcan’s sense of logic and decorum. In that regard, she felt uplifted. 

At the same time, she also knew just how much an effort this must have been for T’Less and while Reggie had caught herself eying T’Less more than once during the course of the evening, she had not truly expected her to stay and wait.  Surely they could have caught up elsewhere after the show, or even elsewhen if necessary.  As such she hadn’t paid the Vulcan much attention during the course of the night.  Between her sense of responsibility as hostess of the event and well just the sheer fun of it all she immediately felt guilty that in her zeal to entertain all her guests, she had inadvertently neglected the one that, if she were being honest about it, meant the most to her.

“You would not have been interrupting,” Reggie offered, her voice quiet, reserved. “To be honest, I didn’t expect you would even show up to say nothing about staying through the evening.”

She slid her self onto the bar stool, the leather of the pants that shaped her butt squeaking ever so slightly against the leather of the barstool seat. Immediately the Orion who had been tending bar, served up a Risian Mai-Tai.  Reggie nodded in acknowledgment remembering that she had asked her to keep her hand full with the drink for the duration of the night.

“I’m glad to be wrong,” she said to T’Less  “Hasn’t been a day gone by since that exam when I haven’t thought about you.”

The drink in her hand provided ample enough distraction to keep her from saying what had come her mind next.  She took a sip and as the she swallowed the simulated alcohol, she also swallowed down the questions that burned so heavily on her mind for almost eleven years , the same questions that haunted her, that needed to be asked, needed to be answered, but to do so now… here… would only make things worse.

“How have you been?”

It was a dumb question, Reggie knew.  But it was also the only question that seemed appropriate.
Episode 02: Cosmic Imperative / Re: Chapter 5 S [D02 | 0740 hrs.] We The Disgruntled
Last post by Dumedion -
[PO2 Kino Jeen | Galli Forum | vh’Jann | Romulus] Attn: @P.C. Haring @Griff @chXinya @Ellen Fitz
[Show/Hide]
Blue eyes, one brighter than the other, traced up along the contoured edges and curved high-rise buildings. The tallest ones, near the tight-packed city center, stood half-obscured by the misty clouds and gray rain, but patches of veiled blue shone through the soft deluge; a promise of better weather to come. The non-com’s features softened then, her gaze locked heavenward. The fact of the matter was, she didn’t want to be on Romulus. Kino wanted to be out there, with Reika; to know she was okay.

Be safe, her lips moved silently, almost imperceptibly. Distant thunder shook her back to the present with a blink. Focus, the Trill chided herself as a brow twitched at the Vulcan’s suggestion for the group to split up. The non-com considered it as their tech expert worked. If they were all familiar with the cities layout, they could cover more ground and potentially avoid unwanted attention. However, after weighing the cons, Kino shook her head subtly, uncomfortable with the risks. Her eyes narrowed at Ravenholm’s quip and suppressed the instinctive reaction to check her ears. Jeen bit back the snappy retort on the tip of her tongue and re-focused her attention on their surroundings instead. 

“I’d advise against it, for now. Best we stay together until we find a base of operations, transport, get the lay of the land,” the non-com murmured without looking at any of them, her voice barely audible over the rain. “Worst case scenario; we split and scatter only under duress,” her head nodded to the speaker square. “Rendezvous back there if we can, bug out to the Allegiant if we can’t.”

When Ravenholm announced she was finished, Kino kicked off the wall she’d been leaning on to casually walk out into the rain, her eyes constantly in motion. “Shouldn’t linger then. Let’s take a walk, stay casual, keep our ears open,” she shrugged. “Not much of a crowd around the speakers, but we can try there, or hit the market?” 

The rain decided to let up then, as bright beams of sunlight glittered in the air. Kino waited for someone in the group to make a call, while she slowly turned in casual vigilance. The rain-slick structures around them took on new shifts of color in the sunlight; subtle at first, then brightly shimmered in various hues of green. It was beautiful, in a way, but also bleak and dark as only densely packed centers of civilizations tended to be.

Towers rose above lesser kindred, which squatted atop mounds of their lesser kin, which in turn were crushed into a labrynth of massed habitation towers, industrial complexes, trade centers; all built atop the other, linked and threaded with endless avenues, alley-ways…

Movement caught her attention, in the shadows of one.

The Trill’s eyes met those of a Reman, blinked, then turned back to the group with a forced smile.

“Que the creepy attention we didn't want," Kino drawled sarcastically. "We’ve been noticed. Let’s move.”

Havrannssu abhor daylight,” the pilot, Lillie, Kino reminded herself, whispered after she drew near - having also noticed the Reman, apparently. “This is known. Being there, at this hour...its odd. He looked wounded, too - perhaps..." the Romulan's voice trailed off. Kino couldn't read the look in her eyes to be sure, but it sounded as if the pilot was suggesting they try to help him somehow.

The Trill shook her head and gently pulled the pilot into step alongside. “Yeah, I saw. Looked like someone did a number on ‘em, but that doesn’t mean squat – Lorad’s lived through shit that would kill you and me ten times over,” Kino muttered as they walked, making their way towards the throng of people in and around a multi-street marketplace, lined with stalls of merchants flogging their wares. “Could be nothin’,” the Trill shrugged, “could be trouble we don’t want. Either way, we should be able to lose him in the crowd,” Kino guessed, with a glance to Lillie and the others.

[Meanwhile, a few minutes earlier...]

The blood in Tiramek's throat gurgled as he struggled to gasp in much needed air. The bastards had thought they'd ended him, but Remans were notoriously difficult to kill. There had been no official insignia on their clothes, nothing to connect them to either Donatra or Tal'Aura, but Tiramek knew the thugs had to have been working for either one of those bitches.

With a taloned hand clutched over the wound in his side, Tiramek used the other to brace against the alley wall, pulling his weakened body back to its feet. If they'd managed to determine his role in the reunification movement enough to get a hit on him, then it was likely the movement itself had a mole. Which made it equally likely that the very head of their movement, the senator himself, could be a target.

Tiramek groaned, spitting out blood and bits of his own cheek he'd bitten during the assassination attempt. He had the advantage here. They thought he was dead, meaning they wouldn't be watching their backs before reporting back to their handler. Glancing at his chronometer, Tiramek swore. He'd been out for twenty minutes. While his injuries subdued his normally heightened senses allowing for superior tracking, Tiramek took comfort in knowing he'd managed to plant a tracker on the ankle on one of his attacker's during the ordeal, and wounded the other with a slice across the face before going down.

Not knowing who in their own movement was the mole meant he would have to attempt this counter measure alone. Tiramek groaned again, feeling another rush of blood seep at the edges of his side wound. First, he'd need to get patched up, then...

Tiramek narrowed his gaze, staring at the small group mingling at the end of the narrow alley. Standing in the shadows, it'd be easy to miss Tiramek, just as it'd be easy to miss the alley itself. However, as the rains subsided, finally, to give way with the bright sun, he could easily see them and in the next few moments a strange smile cracked the serious lines of his face as he realized this group could prove most useful.

Having friends in high places meant he was never without means of bribery. Not wanting to draw more attention to himself, Tiramek managed to convince a young shop girl to be his tail on the group with the intention of telling them where to meet him. It'd taken some convincing that his ominous "or else you've been had" was meant for the group and not for the girl and under any other circumstances it may have been comical how their discourse turned sideways but soon enough she understood and trotted off after the group.

Tiramex turned away and still using the alley wall to bolster his weight, fairly slid back down the length of it, further into the shadows of the shanty side of the city where he knew he could find resources and rest. At least until his next move…

[Meanwhile, near tertiary entrance to vh’Jann Trade District]

As for the girl, she was delighted to have made a decent amount for acting as courier and was looking forward to the sweet steamed bun reward she promised herself once she delivered the message. Eagerness emboldened her as she weaved in and around the crowd, in dutiful pursuit. They moved like tourists; at weird times, at an odd pace, like they were utterly lost or didn’t care where they were going. Once close enough, she tugged on the hem of the blonde woman, the most normal looking in her eyes, but drew the attention of all four nearly instantly; she wasted no time and delivered her message in a rapid spill – without a care for its comprehension – then darted away, faster and lither than most would expect upon seeing her.

Kino arched a brow as she drew close to Lillie. “Uh, the hell was that about,” the Trill asked, somehow blending concern with amusement. The only true Romulan among them frowned as she met each of their eyes in a glance that could have meant anything, but to Kino, it looked a lot like fear.

"Roughly translated, the girl said: ‘there's a bar in the shanty town called Tholob. If you want support for your work and protection from the watchers, you should go there within the hour. We may have similar interests to support one another. If you aren't there, you've been had.’ Which means, well, we might be already."

Kino grunted a curse under her breath then quickly reigned her attitude in – it wasn’t helping. They were all on edge, and now wasn’t the time to fly off the handle. “Could be a trap; certainly sounds like a trap – perfect bait, and all,” Kino offered neutrally, then returned her attention to the crowd to watch and wait for them to decide how to proceed.

OOC: Our new (maybe?) friend, Tiramek, written by @Ellen Fitz  - thanks for the collab and inspiration, as always :)
Simple Audio Video Embedder