Skip to main content
Topic: USS Cayuga: Repairs Underway (Read 3554 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from USS Cayuga: Resistanc...

USS Cayuga: Repairs Underway

Lt Kaylon Jeen | Chief Engineer's Office|1130 hours |USS Cayuga|Attn @Arista , @DocReno

Kaylon sat on the edge of his desk, his attention shifting back and forth between the pad in his hand, and the slowly rotating holo-projection of the ships impulse generators on his desk. 

Engineering Log - Stardate 57556.2

Repairs are proceeding slowly, but proceeding.  We have just completed a jury rigged umbilical from the starboard EPS Power relays to the port auxiliary generators.  If there was ever a more paradoxical use of a power system, I don't know what it would be, but it helped stabilize the generator enough to keep the port side stabilzed against the effects of the nebula, and allowed us to bring a few more replicators online. 

Impulse repair is proceeding slowly as well, however, with auxiliary power stabilized, the pace should pick up provided no more control circuits get fused.  The power rerouting map looks more like a bowl of Gagh than anything else --

[Door Ping]

"Computer - Pause recording.  Come in!"

One of the few remaining Engineering crewmen steps into the office.  "Sir, Aft thruster repairs have been completed ahead of schedule.  They're only at 30% power, but as soon as structural integrity is stabilized, it will at least allow us to get moving."

Kaylon smiled broadly.  "Fantastic!  Great work" he says, tapping his combadge.

"Engineering to Captain Ziegler"  

Once the captain answered, he gave her the good news.

"Captain.  We've stabilized the auxiliary power systems, and have partial thrusters.  It's not enough to get us out of here yet, but if we need to move, it's at least better than nothing.  We also have some more of the replicators online.  However, unless there's an emergency need for something, I'd like to have them earmarked for Engineering use so we can replicate more of the parts needed for repairs.  One other thing, please tell anybody on Deck 5 to watch their step in the starboard corridors.  I don't want somebody tripping over the umbilical we have there.  They might cause a blackout." 

His voice carried a slight edge of his usual humor, but he was also serious.   There were cables laying all over some of these decks.  He couldn't wait to get the Cayuga to the nearest starbase for repairs.

"One other thing, Captain.  Tell Bannin when this is all over, if she wants to transfer to Engineering, I'll take her.  She did a helluva job on those replicators!  Engineering out."

Turning back to the crewman, he told him "Make sure the thruster interface assembly is stabilized and validate that the bridge controls are online, then go ahead and get some lunch to carry with you, then go help out with the Impulse manifold.  Nobody can really afford to take a leisurely lunch hour right now."

"Yes, sir!  I'll probably just grab a hot dog or something so I can get to work quickly on the manifold." replied the crewman as he turned to leave.

"One other thing..." he said as the crewman turned around expectantly "Sir?". 

"Don't get mustard on my impulse engines," he said with a grin. 

Re: USS Cayuga: Repairs Underway

Reply #1
[ Captain Anya Ziegler | Corridor | USS Cayuga ] Attn: @alphawiz  
[Show/Hide]

Thud. Thud. Thud. The sound was rhythmic and as such, it helped Ziegler regulate her breathing. She enjoyed the noise of her feet hitting the deck as she ran. Some chose to listen to music but, for her, it was a distraction. After what had happened earlier in her ready room, Anya had found a few moments to sneak away. She needed to reset, and to do that she chose to run. It was a simple pleasure and one that didn't require much. All she needed was good shoes, a good bra and somewhere to do it.

The Captain had run almost every corridor of the Cayuga, taking different, often circuitous routes. It was a hobby that she did alone, but she regularly saw members of the crew going about their daily business. She hoped it made her look more human and that they didn't mind their commanding officer in such a way, but in truth she didn't care. She did for herself and not for the crew. Jogging in the holodeck was okay, but it didn't feel real. She knew that she never really left the room and that made hard to detach and lose herself to the pleasure of just running.

As Anya turned the corner of the corridor, she could feel her hair patting her shoulder with every step. She wore it in a ponytail - tight enough to keep it out of her face, but loose to let it flow with her every movement. It was a good routine - wearing her hair in the same way, wearing the same thing she always did to run. Tight black leggings, comfortable running shoes and a figure hugging grey tank top. There were many times she desired to leave her combadge in her quarters, but it was seldom that there was a run interrupted and today was no exception. She tapped the badge on her chest to open the channel and brought herself to a slow walk.

The call was from engineering, but it was easy to work out that it was the new chief of engineering Lieutenant Jeen. As He talked, Anya tried to listen, but she could feel a bead of sweat join with its brothers, growing large enough to start a journey down in between her shoulder blades.

"Great news on the thrusters, Lieutenant. I imagine the crew will sleep better knowing we have a way to get ourselves underway." Then when the engineer began talking about umbilicals across the deck, Anya could feel her brow knit in contemplation. She had almost tripped over the very thing on her run.

On the wall was a panel that was actually working, currently a rare thing. She touched a few commands and found the location of the Lieutenant. Main Engineering. She was only a few sections off and a couple of decks high. It was easy to see where she needed to go.

"It's an interesting idea, however, I’m fairly sure Bannin still prefers phaser rifles to replicators." Anya paused, she had a few niggles on her mind she needed to fix. "While we are speaking, there are a few things we need to talk about. Let me meet you in person and we can discuss it further. Ziegler out." She touched her chest again to close the channel and set off running. Duty called.

Simple Audio Video Embedder