Skip to main content
Topic: Day 6 [ 1300hrs. ] Let's Get Physical (Read 6681 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Day 6 [ 1300hrs. ] Let's Get Physical

Reply #25
[ Lieutenant Elro Kobol | Hirek's Quarters | Deck 17 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Ellen Fitz I think a fade to black situation would be a great end this thread ;)

Elro laughed at the implication that the wine would be the cause of any debauchery that suddenly happened between them. Like either of them wouldn't embrace the effects wholeheartedly. He smirked at Hirek a few times the two made eye contact during their eating. Mostly during swallowing and not the actual eating which Elro was glad for, the mix of food and pleasure is not something he knew how to merge with any degree of sensuality.

Though a few times tongue swirling and lip licking had been swapped between the two men at times when using the cutlery, Elro seemed to be getting better at the flirting side of things. Soon things got quiet then Hirek asked why Elro had become a healer, it was pretty much his entire life since his parents were healers and so felt like an obligation. Or maybe it was that he found the medical subjects interesting enough as a few did plug into Sciences. He'd probably be into Sciences if not Medical. It was hard to see his life in other directions then it was now.

He mulled over the question and truly many Betazoids do go into psychology since empathy and or telepathy are a great asset for such a career. Perhaps that did play a somewhat unconscious factor in his family going into medical fields. He couldn't say for sure. "I'm glad to hear your parents didn't force any direction on you, I don't think I was able to be anything else but a Healer. My parents are healers and so I've always been exposed to all things Medical my whole life. My extrasensory abilities were one of those highly observed cases and so I guess I wanted to learn all about everything biological." Elro spoke as he stared at his plate, not really focusing on the plate but off in memory.

After a moment he looked up, he smiled. "I had a talent for it and so after the Dominion War and losses I threw myself into the career more to help me deal with the pain. I'm proud of what I have accomplished and glad I could save those I did." Elro frowned but it disappeared as he stared at Hirek. "Perhaps when all things are done and said I might look into doing something else." He laughed and smiled again. "Afterall you did just that, you're a bioengineer now from a spy, well officially I guess which is like your dream profession right? So anything is possible. I may just have to borrow you for a few chemistry projects in the future."

Elro leaned back in his chair after a few more mouthfuls of his meal and he sighed, contently filled. Well only for now that is, soon a new hunger will probably be back in full force, aided by the wine of course.
[Show/Hide]
Lieutenant JG Adam Kingston, Master-at-Arms, (Vector 03 Security) Profile Clickie

[Show/Hide]
Lieutenant/Dr Elro Kobol, Chief Medical Officer, (Vector 02 Medical) Profile Clickie

Re: Day 6 [ 1300hrs. ] Let's Get Physical

Reply #26
[Hirek tr’Aimne | Personal Quarters |  D. 17 |  USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Sqweloookle

Hirek swirled the contents of his glass, gaze switching between watching the liquid swirl and the good doctor’s handsome features. This was pleasant. A conversation that appeared without motive aside from growing acquainted and one that bore little chance of having Tal’Shiar influence. While he listened to Elro share from his past, Hirek couldn’t help but marvel at how out of place something as simple as this moment would be in the average Romulan household, and all thanks to the Tal’Shiar. Of course, his island home was one of a few exceptions, but that exception had not come without sacrifice. And continued hardship.

The upward tilt in the doctor’s voice alerted Hirek to a question being posed and he cued back in, away from his pensive thoughts regarding the future of his homeworld. He mimicked Elro’s posture after taking a long draw from his glass.

“Much as circumstances, such as they were, seemingly required you to take the route of a healer, my foray into espionage was not deliberate. In truth, above all things, I much prefer the simple life on my island home. Tending to my garden and my animals, creating new mixtures in my lab for the ales my clan has long been known for, accepting the occasional contract to bioengineer something to support someone’s healing or enrich the community, some light traveling for lectures.” It surprised Hirek just how truthful he was being with Elro and yet he got the distinct feel that, bearing much on the doctor’s abilities, he would’ve denoted a lie if Hirek had opted to try. “A man without profession and yet not a man without responsibility, if you will.”

Simple Audio Video Embedder