Skip to main content
Topic: USS Cayuga: Dancing in the dark (Read 3096 times) previous topic - next topic

USS Cayuga: Dancing in the dark

[Lt. Winter Bannin| Secondary Gym/Deck 9| USS Cayuga] Attn: @Masorin

Winter was in the secondary gym of the Cayuga dressed simply in a pair of black workout pants with a black and white sport's bra that did nothing to hide her curves or her well muscled frame from wandering eyes and nor did she really care as she felt the burn as she worked on the weight machine, the muscles in her arms burning deliciously as they worked to cause the machine to go up and down rather quickly without much effort but as she did this, she allowed herself to enjoy one of her guilty pleasures in watching the people around the gym go about their own efforts.

She stopped working out long enough to grab her water bottle and take a swig before running the sweltering bottle against the back of her neck to help her cool down as she took a break.

Winter put the bottle down and leaned back against the machine to catch her breath a little bit more as she thought about the events of the past few days as the week started out with Chief Toren calling her into his office and letting her know that she was now a full lieutenant which brightened her day considerably as she had spent the hours previously trying to get the Gamma shift security teams to work better as a unit like she had learned during her days back on the New Jersey since nobody knew when trouble like a Syndicate attack or the ship would be invaded by a hostile unknown alien force but her efforts were for naught.

The red-head took a deep breath before shaking her head slowly, little droplets of sweat flying away before she ran her right hand through her reddish locks as she tried to ignore the fact of how her few friends in the department had tried to treat her to an early birthday but she simply thanked them and did her best to try and enjoy it even though she had actually stopped celebrating her birthday in recent years, only marking it with a call to her mother back on Cestus III as she tried to live in the present rather then the past, choosing to focus on what the day would bring her.

Winter took a deep breath before taking another drink from her bottle and then going back to working out.

Re: USS Cayuga: Dancing in the dark

Reply #1
[ Lt JG, Salem Martin | Secondary Gym | Deck 9 | USS Cayuga] Attn: @DocReno
[Show/Hide]

A lot of free time had been assigned to them lately. The trip into the Azure Neubula was a maddeningly peaceful affair. Salem didn't mind peace as the alternative was chaos, but at the same time with so much free time being assigned to them as of now it was getting more and more difficult to stretch his legs and find something that was going to hold his interest. He had a few friends that he could play games with, but a table top league on a starship usually never went that far. He had tried to set it up on pretty much every ship he had been on with limited success.

Most Starfleet officers did not want to play ancient table top war games, and most modern games were holographic without solid peaces to keep and paint.  He always found those games lacking, as far as he was concerned they didn't make them like they used too.

With the holodecks taken, Salem walked down to the secondary gym on the Cayuga. At his side was a elongated weapon from earths history, the Sabre was the thickest of the three classical fencing weapons, but even with the Sabre aside from the guarded handle there was no real guarding with this weapon, it could not fight defensively because the blade's steel was thin, and flexible which meant that it was also breakable.

Instead of his usual clothing, he had on the fencing Lamee, the white vest had a small amount of steel plating which wasn't really for the fencers protection, nor was the mask, in his hand, but rather they were targets for your oppenant to aim at in hopes of minimizing potential damage. Under the Lamee, he had a T-shirt, and boxers, under the padded pants.

Walking into the gym he saw that he wasn't really alone in the room as their was another woman in the room. He knew the Lt, in name and reputation, but not actually anything more than that. "Morning, Lieutenant Bannin." He said as he waved to her. "Sorry this was the only room with projectors that is large enough for me to practice."

"Computer, could you run my usual fencing opponent from Martin warm up three." As he asked a young man appeared into existence holding his own Sabre, and dressed in the usual guard, his face was obscured behind the netting and mask.

Reply #2

Winter's eyes quickly tracked fresh movement as Salem walked into the gym, his six foot even frame moving with a purpose in his fencing outfit which allowed her to watch how gracefully his muscles ebbed and flowed as he moved which she enjoyed as it showed a confidence that was attractive to her and reminded her of what drew her in Anya's direction as well-that sure confidence that wasn't arrogant but pure and honest which was also something that she could respect.

She stopped working out and leaned back against the weight machine before taking a drink from her bottle, pressing it slightly against the left side of her collarbone as she smiled when he acknowledged her and then made his apologies for using the room's projectors since the holodecks were currently in use.

As he set up his practice, she got up from where she was working out and slung her towel around her neck before she took another drink from her bottle as she moved a bit closer but just out of range to keep from getting stabbed by accident by his saber. "Not a problem, Salem, as I do enjoy watching a fine man practice something that he enjoys." she said in a frank and earnest manner to the older man. "Oh and it's Winter, Salem, come on and try it out...I want to see how it rolls off your tongue." she warmly teased him as she leaned against another workout machine, crossing her toned arms over her chest with a smile.

Reply #3
[Show/Hide]

Once upon  a time fencing had the part of a ref, however the program he was currently running connected with the ships computer, which had all of the rules of the battle. Stepping into his position and glancing towards his audience for a moment as she spoke he smiled and put on his mask. "Would you like to step into the ring with me?"

Sabre was one of the most offensive fencing arts, speed was integral to keeping the right of way, and so Salem darted into his opponents standing zone, His wrist flicked the thin light blade towards his opponents body at the same time his oppenent reacted by bringing his own sword against his chest both swords making contact with the others body before they retreated the computer awarded a point to Salem's side.

"I'd go easy on you of course winter. Oh your right that does taste rather sweet." As Salem and the program reset he was feeling rather happy, it wasn't often he got to talk to others or was watched for his hobby. However being watched also put him off his game, and as the program started his eyes were at least partly on Winter watching her work out, which resulted in a very sloppy attempt to guard, as he was struck on the head. The computer chimed in 'point opponent.'

Reply #4
[Lt. Winter Bannin| Secondary Gym/Deck 9| USS Cayuga] ATTN: @Masorin

Winter went to straddle the weight machine, leaning just enough forward that Salem could possibly see the tanned slopes if he wanted to as she took another sip from her water bottle, chuckling just a little bit as she watched him miss a step, dark eyes tracing how his muscles looked under the clothing.

"Hmm...watching you work, I could give it a try."[/i] Winter mused, an accent that she tried to keep hidden slowly crept out as her "Rs" rolled together with a bit of a growling-purr to them before doing a bit of a cat-like stretch as a several things popped before she went to move closer to where Salem was, sparring with his virtual opponent. "But the question then becomes what if I don't want you to take it easy on me...what if I want the full on experience."

"So are you having a good day, Salem?" she mused, studying the older man. "Trying to work out anything frustrating?"

Reply #5
[Show/Hide]

Salem could feel her eyeing him like almost a predator would gaze upon her prey, and he was slightly curious if she did this for every man she saw, or if there was something about him? He wasn't entirely sure which was the more interesting stipulation, but he had no intention of doing a short fling, he had a few too many of those on previous ships, and they never ended well.

"That would entirely depend on which sword you want to experience? I'd warn you, one is a lot harder to get at then the other." Salem said not really deflecting her flirting, but at the same time trying to speak candidly. He liked the way she looked sure, but again he didn't want just a fling, he was a little more picky than that.

"Actually this is kind of what I do for fun. I've worked across the alpha quadrant, and I find having a stable set of hobbies you can carry with you keeps you sane." At this point Salem just put his sword to his side, his opponent standing at the ready, but not moving because Salem hadn't left his designated square. "An active body, helps to keep an active mind."

Reply #6
[Lt. Winter Bannin| Secondary Gym/Deck 9| USS Cayuga| 1 day before the Borg Intersection] ATTN: @Masorin

Winter listened to the older man and found herself nodding in agreement with what he was saying, "Very true, Salem, very true indeed. My hobbies are not as active but I do enjoy ancient weapons for one but I hardly get a chance to try anything out...like the difference between a rapier and an epee." she stated simply, looking back at him as the "predatory" look vanished from her eyes and was replaced with something else, more guarded and thoughtful instead.

She had to admit that there was something compelling about him, something that made her ignore her Betazed heritage and her ability to read emotions to give him an honest viewing as she crossed her arms under her breasts, not in an "seductive" manner or anything like that but to stand more honestly before him.

It had been quite a while since she had shown an honest interest in anyone other then the drunken attempt at getting with her partner Kyle after the last "Dance" that the ship had and she had won most of her bouts.

Key word there being "most".

But his replies were interesting, thoughtful even. "If you're willing to be patient with me, I'm sure that we might be able to work off some stress as our department's assistant chiefs as well as get to know each a little bit better as well?" she offered up, an actual smile crossing her face.

"So what do you say, Salem...are you up for a match?"

Reply #7
[Show/Hide]

Salem regarded his sword for a moment, and then turned his attention to winter. She surprised him with the knowledge of the weaponry, but at the same time hearing that she had never actually used one or only rarely held it made him a little worried. His sword was real, it was replicated for this sport, and it was fragile, if he got her to change and all that and he ended up attacking the wrong way he could snap it.

The moment she was asking him if he was up for a match he wasn't entirely sure. He looked at Bannin, she was physically fit, but if she didn't know the rules it was a lot to explain.

"How about something a little less physcal?" He asked finally taking a moment too lean on some of the equipment in the gym.

"I mean we could go at the sword match, and that's cool, but the truth is... I don't want to risk injuring me, you or the blade. Before taking me on you should probably take on the computer a few times. Knowing a weapon, and holding one is very different."

He tapped his chin for a moment trying to think of a contest. "Tell you what, how about a friendly wager over a game of the mind."

He watched Winter. "I have no doubt your body is sharp, but why not try a game of riddles? I want to know more about your mind."

"The rules are simple, we go in turn, until someone fails to answer a riddle. The looser does a favor of some sort for the winner which we can name after the fact. It's not really a contest if nothing is wagered." Once he had her agreement he clapped his hands together.

"I'll go first, I am the beginning of the end, the end of time, the terminus of space and the start of everything else, what am I?"

Reply #8

When Salem asked for something a little bit less physical, the red-headed hybrid couldn't help but chuckle just a little bit before she nodded slowly but otherwise kept quiet.

She listened to him as he laid out everything before suggesting a game of the mind and then laid out the stakes, it made her feel a little bit warm inside but not in a sexual way but more of a reassuring way as it showed a level of respect which only served to bring the handsome assitant tactical chief higher in her personal opinion.

"Alright, I'm game." she said finally, accepting the rules of the game at which point Salem then gave her his riddle and for a moment, her mind went blank.

"I am the beginning of the end, the end of time, the terminus of space and the start of everything else, what am I?" she repeated softly to herself, her expression turning thoughtful as she rubbed her chin thoughtfully as her bright green eyes looked out into the distance without actually focusing on anything.

A part of Winter wanted to ask for a clue, a hint, a possible direction to go in as her mind went back and forth, breaking down every aspect of the riddle to the point of her inutive mind was showing her the words right in her line of sight before finally something came across her mind as she slowly turned her head to look at the dark haired older man.

"Is it the letter....E?" she asked rather hesitantly, fully ready to accept anything he asked for loosing her part of the wager.

- FIN

Simple Audio Video Embedder