Skip to main content
Topic: DAY 01: Healing | Part 2 [1840 hrs.] (Read 3573 times) previous topic - next topic

DAY 01: Healing | Part 2 [1840 hrs.]

DAY 01: Healing | Part 2 [1840 hrs.]

[ Zaraq | Upper Gymnasium | Deck 03 ] Attn: Nolan

Zaraq walked into the gym with a lot on his mind. He wasn't paying much attention to those around him, but it didn't matter much because the gym was pretty sparse. It was the end of Alpha shift, most people were either finishing reports or who knew what.

That evening, however, there was more due than his customary routine. He was, however, early, and pleased no one was around, because he'd come here hoping to get a release on his emotions which he'd been unable to. His initial talks with Counsellor O'Connor was all well and good, but they hadn't done what he'd hoped. He was aggravated. Seething with ire and shame. On the contrary to Klingon beliefs, he'd learned in his few years at Starfleet that it was a bad combination with doing one's duties well.

After arriving in the Gym, he removed his oversized tunic and began taping his calloused hands in preparation for putting on his boxing gloves. The only problem with the preparation, sitting there alone, was the contemplation it brought. Something he didn't much like participating in. He thought about all the events that had brought him to this point. He thought back to his father and his exile, something that brought a whole new level of anger added to his situation.

He pushed those thoughts from his mind, the best he could, and rose from the bench with deep breaths through his nose. He had finished taping, so he put on his Starfleet issue gloves and began to warm up, slowly circling the punching bag. He had been ordered to wear the contraptions on his hands not to spare them, but to preserve the punching bag from ripping apart.

Brow-ridge low, he started punching. Slowly at first, but gradually picking up speed as he got into it. In an activity of repetition where his mind was usually brought to rest, he found himself growing more worked up than before. He continued punching, the anger in him reached a pinnacle, and suddenly in his mind the bag fell in line with his thoughts. He poured his thoughts and emotions into what he was doing. His anger fuelled his arms and the rest of his body as he continued to strike. The bag came to represent the source of the anger and shame. He raged from being unmade - something else than he knew himself to be. His movements became faster and faster as everything came pouring out of him and into the bag. Time seemed surreal as he continued, his mind buried in memory.

He was chasing the Cadet, a bloody d'k tahg in his hand - used to curtail a man's life just a few minutes ago. She was running as fast as she could, through the empty corridors, her long, brown hair flying behind her, but her human speed was no match for his physical superiority and in no time he had her caught: his strong arm wrapped around her waist, and the hand wielding the knife, pressed against her throat,  freezing instantly all her struggles. He turned her around, threw her over his shoulder and carried her to an empty area, where he tossed her to the floor, falling over her immediately, pinning her body down.

His big hands, helped by his d'k tahg, trashed her clothes as easy as if they were made of paper, and once he had her naked, he flipped her round to end her thrashing, clawing and biting - something that only excited his Klingon blood more. He put her on her four. She was shouting and cursing, but he seemed unable to understand what she was saying, and didn't care much about it. He leaned over her back, showed her his knife, and ran the blade along her skin, in a silent but powerful threat. He laid the weapon next to him and with his hands, he kept her there, grabbing her by her hips after he unzipped his trousers and took out his hard, ridged shaft. He rested it against her entrance. He could hear her cries and her pleas but they meant nothing for him.

With one single thrust, he entered her, one of his hands grabbing her silken mane in a fist, pulling her back, and he started the search for his own pleasure - pounding hard in and out of her.

T'Rena, the Vulcan controlling him, appeared next to them and ignoring her pleas for help, she pressed one hand over the woman's head, and only moments later, her cries went silent and she complied to his desires. He plunged in and out of her, until he obtained his release, exploding in waves of bliss. By then, the Winter Queen had already left, seeking to bend another mind to their cause by showing them the future.

With a roar, he struck the bag so hard that the chain from which it hung came apart - sending it tumbling across the floor.

Blinking, Zaraq had no idea how long he had been at it. Confused, he backed up and slid down the bulkhead, breathing heavily. He sat there for what seemed like minutes, though it was probably just seconds. He felt... better. A little. He knew it wouldn't last long, it hadn't so far, but at least he'd be tired for a few hours. Too tired to do anything moronic, but still able to instruct the Doctor, unless she had changed her mind...

Re: DAY 01: Healing | Part 2 [1840 hrs.]

Reply #1
[ Amelya Duv | Upper Gymnasium | Deck 03 ] Attn: Lucan

After her shift had ended, Amelya had taken the liberty for a quick stop at her quarters to get out of her uniform and into something more freely to move. She chose for a sports bra covered up by a top to give her enough freedom to move around and manipulate whatever moves Zaraq had in mind and a pair of short shorts that covered about half of her upper legs. She wore standard issue shoes until she would reach the gym, there she would train barefoot. She took a small meal for herself and Zaraq after their training session as she had promised. It wasn't anything huge but a rather light meal of sandwiches with various things in between them and two bottles of water to keep them hydrated. In hindsight, she might need more seeing Klingon physiology is much complex than the average human or Trill for that matter.

Not meeting to many people in the hallways she still could notice that some men were eyeing her out as she passed by. Though it didn't feel as intimidating as the security officers back on the Harbinger, Amelya still felt a little uneasy by it. However she cursed at herself for wearing such exposing clothing to just walk around on the ship. Next time she'd probably wear a training over the current outfit to avoid the stalking and lustful eyes. She could only imagine and fear what some of them would be thinking. Their minds, be it corrupted or not thinking on how they could feast their lusts on the good doctor.

She fastened her pace and arrived shorty after at the gymnasium. She found however as she arrived that one of the punching bags had slid over to the entrance of the gymnasium. She looked at it a bit confused before she looked further to see where it came from. She saw Zaraq now, sitting down at the bulkhead and she smiled a little as she walked further "Your handy work Zaraq?" she asked carefully before placing what she had next to him. The Klingon seemed sunken in thoughts before he simply snapped out of it. She smiled friendly and walked over to the training mats, stretching herself a little to not get injured in what she imagined would be a rather heavy training session.

Reply #2
Zaraq raised his eyes and saw the doctor from underneath his thick eyebrows - sweat dripping from the strands of hair. The Trill female was pleasing to the eye, yet after what he had been through, he felt like he had lost his appetite for mating, so the sight of her did not quicken his desire. Not even remotely. He merely grunted in answer to her question about the bag, glanced at the scarce amount of food she had brought, and noted how she began to stretch on the mats. Indeed, she did not stir anything, despite the view she presented.

Idly, while he waited, he thought about the young male human he had mated with during Lohlunat , wondering if there was any difference to him, but considering the fact that he had shot that young man dead on the bridge, and restrained a Vulpinian pilot so that Riptor could sodomize him in the interrogation room, the idea of mating with a male caused so much aversion that he shuddered. No, it would be a long time before he would consider sexual relations with anyone - his sense of honour forbidding him the right of enjoyment.

"Are you finished, doctor?" he rumbled and rose to his feet. It was, perhaps, a rhetorical question, because he wished to begin before the hour grew too late. "First, I need to gauge what you remember from your training at Medical. Starfleet basic training covered hand-to-hand combat, but those courses were taught early on in the curriculum, so it is likely forgotten," he said stretching his neck, making the sweat glisten in the artifical light from the ceiling. "Attack me, I will be on the defensive, and I will see how far you have to go in that field."

He showed her the respect of entering a combative stance even though he might doubt the necessity, for it was the honourable thing to do.

OOC: Feel free to have Zaraq ward off whatever she might throw at him, but he wouldn't strike back or make her fall. If she does, it would be of her own loss of balance.

Reply #3

Hearing the heavy voice of Zaraq ask if she was ready yet, made Amelya look up. She saw the lumbering figure of Zaraq get to his feet as he instructed her what he wanted to see. She took in his pose and sort of mimicked it giving it her own touch that is. She seemed to wait a few seconds before she would attack, as if she tried to assess where to begin first or how to attack. She also tried to remember what they had tried to teach her during Starfleet training. It was far back in her mind and it took some effort to dig it up again.

Finally she strode forwards and lashed out a few punches followed by the standard kick. Zaraq could easily deflect the rather futile attempts of the good doctor as in general they lacked the power to do any damage and that her technique was rather sloppy. After the opening strike she continued with more punches and swipes, yet the technique now seemed entirely gone as it looked more like a desperate attempt to land a decent punch. On the bright side however, Zaraq could notice a slight increase in the power  output of the punches.

After her second strike Amelya stepped back with a rather discontent frown on her face as she knew that this was rather futile indeed. She was breathing faster already and deeper as the pearls of sweat started to form on her forehead and in general over her entire body. She looked up at Zaraq now for further instruction, wondering what he'd think of it, yet already expecting the worst of this Klingon warrior.

Reply #4
Zaraq was not exactly impressed, then again, he did not have any high expectations of the Doctor to begin with. Hand-to-hand combat would not be Duv's forte unless she spent months chiselling out a good mainstay in such a situation and learn the techniques which weren't reliant on physical strength. No she needed to be armed, but her puny hippocratic oath would likely make her less keen on using phasers. The priority was that she'd have to know how to handle herself on an away-mission, not getting in the way, and able to defend herself while looking after wounded and extracted individuals.

"You need tactical training, doctor," he said, his heartbeat settling after his earlier exercise, "re-learn what you should and shouldn't do. How you might help,and how you won't. Unless, of course, you are willing to break that doctor's oath you abide to, and arm yourself, for you will make little difference unarmed. So, what do you want to do? What do you want to learn?"

His rumbling voice was heavy with implication, dark eyes still underneath his eyebrows - his chin raised.

"Why are you here, doctor?"

Reply #5

While catching her breath, Amelya looked up at Zaraq as he spoke to her. He had assessed her skills it seemed and she looked into his eyes. Tactical training seemed to be what the man wanted to teach her. Yet she thought about her Hippocratic oath. Sure, she wasn't keen on using phasers, yet sometimes, there wouldn't be any choice. She shrugged lightly before replying "I have no problem using phasers if needed. I might not set them to the deadly settings and use the highest stun setting there is, but  that won't stand in the way of my oath as a doctor. Besides, if it's one thing I learned as a doctor... It is that sometimes, you must take lives as well... Despite the oath I have taken."

She got back into her stance and looked closely at the Klingon while she weighed her answers. Why she really was here? "I'm here because I don't want to find myself in the same spot as a few days ago. Fearing for my life as men try to have their way with me. I don't want to be a frightened woman that undergoes, whatever vile thoughts or actions people have in mind." she replied, her voice getting hoarse as emotions resurface just bit by bit.

Reply #6
Zaraq listened in silence to the Trill as she certified that she was there to learn something useful in battle, despite her lack of physical prowess for it. Essentially, it was exactly that she might lack - the body of a trained combatant instead of a woman secluded to medical practice and a lab environment. Weaponry would come secondary, since the best of blades was only as good as those who could wield it.

"You are a victim in your mind alone. Stop thinking yourself weak, because then you are," he rumbled, and it might have been a platitude if it hadn't been for what he said next. "I will help you convince yourself that you are no victim of another man or creature. You need faith in your lacking skills, and faith will become easier when you know how to take a beating, and to deliver it. You will learn how to wield one of the fleet's retractable sticks, and carry it with you, for it is a weapon more versatile than I used to think. You will also take heart in knowing how to use a hand phaser properly, and be confident that you can hit whatever you aim at. Then, you will be a victim no more, and you will put your weakness behind you - only keeping the memory as a reminder to stay as confident as you will be... once I am through with you."

Uncrossing his arms, Zaraq rolled his massive shoulders, and he stretched his thick neck underneath the artificial light. He prepared himself for the next step, one which he explained in coarse words. "I will sprint at full speed between these two bags one hundred times, you will strike them at every turn... and you will stay ahead of me. If I catch up with you, we will both start over. The purpose is clear; that in order to grow strong, you need to know your limits. Only by knowing them, you will stay within their bounds, or push them when so required. Right now, you are ignorant of your own potential, so that is the first thing you will learn."

Walking into position to begin the exercise, Zaraq bent his knees - lowering his point of gravity. "I will give you a ten seconds head start on me, then I will try and catch up with you. Are you ready, doctor?" He turned his gaze towards her - challenge in his deep-set eyes. "Begin!"

OOC: Up to you if you want to write how she fared, or if your next post is a fade-to black since Zaraq has told her what she will be doing during this week up until they reach SB84. Let me know over PM if you want a list of things I'd suggest, but it's also up to you what she is to be taught.

Reply #7

And with that Amelya begun her training to become a better fighter. She did her best to keep up with Zaraq and even tried to get past him or stay ahead. Yet it seemed for tonight that the only result would be that she needed to work out more. She took the advice of the man to heart as she told herself to indeed stop seeing herself as a victim. She was a survivor and not a quitter.

The first days went harshly and came with rise and falls, more falls at first but eventually Amelya got there. Training herself up to the use of retractable baton that she could easily wear with her medical gear. Further she honed her dexterity and stamina, allowing her to endure more and to react more quickly in urgent situations. Her body showed signs of physical fatigue at times, yet she took good care of herself to conceal most of them. As last, her training in phaser combat was refined to a more accurate shot. She'd never be the top marksman in a firing squad, but she could at least consistently hit a target, be it fixed or moving.

In those days, she thanked Zaraq with kind words and tried to probe some questions past him in order to see if he got more honor out of this training program for her. Yet it was hard to tell with the Klingon.

- FIN

Simple Audio Video Embedder