Skip to main content
Topic: Day 01 [2400 hrs.] Passing On The Torch (Read 3204 times) previous topic - next topic

Day 01 [2400 hrs.] Passing On The Torch

Day 01 [2400 hrs.] Passing On The Torch

[ Lt. Thomas Razor Ravon | Ravon's Quarters | Deck 10 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @DocReno

It had been far too late for the lieutenant as he stood under the sonic shower. After being questioned by Security after killing Solito, he had been debriefed about the situation where Rawley was presumed killed. Sure, she had been placed in stasis yet, she had gone in cardiac arrest, the EMH said it himself. She was clinically dead... It was a thought he could hardly shake off himself. The vibrations shook off the fresh and dried up blood from the earlier fight with the devoted. A bunch of numb nuts that wanted his support for God knows what reason in a case of a coup. It was just crazy! The vibrations did their work splendidly as the sweat and what else was broken off the skin of the man. 'At least it's warmer here than on that friggin rock.' he thought to himself as he sighed and rested his head against the wall.

He had also called for Talidenai zh'Idenna to meet him at his quarters for that talk that she wanted to conduct in privacy. Thomas had not given it more thoughts. He's find out soon enough what the Andorrian SCO meant with that. He turned the shower off and stepped out of the washroom in his nude frame. He didn't bother with a towel since he was alone for now anyway. He walked towards the bed and gazed out at the Azure Nebula in all it's glory. The sight of it rather captivating and making him dream off a little.

He didn't know for how long he'd been standing there before he snapped out of it and looked around him. The lighting in his room had already turned itself down to a saving stance and Thomas could not help but wonder if he had another black out session again or not. Technically it should've been resolved according to Cir'Cie. The pilot closed his eyes and realized he had just been daydreaming. With a soft exhale he chuckled faintly to himself "Don't lose it now Thom..." he turned around and went to his closet as he took out the standard issue underwear and slid it on.

It was only than that he heard the chime of his visitor at his door. "Enter." he said before continuing "I'll be with you in a second, just need to make myself somewhat more presentable. Feel free to take a seat." he said from the bedroom to his late night guest. "Is there anything I can offer you to drink lieutenant?" he asked as he slipped in on a training pants and just slid on the hoodie, not bothering with anything else underneath it as he walked over to his living accommodations bare feet.

Re: Chapter 20: Passing On The Torch | Day 01 [2400 hrs.]

Reply #1
[LT Talidenai "Terror" zh'Idenna| Ravon's Quarters | Deck 10 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: Nolan

Tali had taken the time with Chris' help to replicate something more comfortable to wear in the form of a pair of simple black slacks and white muscle top that molded to her muscular,  lithe frame nicely with Chris' own hoodie on over that as she made her way to Ravon's quarters and once there, she pressed the chime and respectfully waited for him to reply.

When the door swished open and he called her to make herself comfortable, the Andorian really didn't do that if anything from being apart of the Idenna keth was that business always came first especially when it came to matters of duty and when she saw her new commanding officer, she actually felt herself taken back just a little bit as she took in the human and how he was built.

"In a moment perhaps, Ravon, and I apologize for my reaction just now it's just that you remind me of when I first saw Christopher back on the Harbinger all of that time ago..it was in the lounge and Phantos was playing a song from Earth that Was about running on for a long time and he had this look about him like you do now of a man dedicated to his craft and seeing that look on another man only makes my decision to jump to the right side during the battle a even more just one." Tali said with a hint of pride to Ravon as she offered him a respectable node of her head in the way of her Guardsmen ancestors.

Tali then remembered why she was there and then ran a hand through her white hair with a hint of nervousness. "I'm sorry about not doing this in front of the others but after what we spent the last few weeks doing in testing out the new fighters, literally craving a new elite squadron out of a block of Romulan jade and then putting them all through what we just did..splitting the entire squadron in half and then having to kill most of the other half, I didn't want them thinking that I was just giving up on them." she said in a tone that now made her sound a little bit older and more tired as she finally took the offered seat.

"That and I was afraid of anyone finding out that T'Zantha and I were apart of the Harbinger's crew before we got the assignment to the Orcus and it's test squadron would be bad." she said in a slightly more serious tone as she cast her eyes over to the man before shaking her head. "Of course I didn't think that of you but I wasn't sure how many of the others were also here when that..thing with Vassar went down."

Re: Chapter 20: Passing On The Torch | Day 01 [2400 hrs.]

Reply #2
[ Lt. Thomas Razor Ravon | Ravon's Quarters | Deck 10 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @DocReno

"No apologies needed lieutenant and please, call me Thomas." the man spoke as he took in the look of the casual dressed Androrian. He smiled as he knew she had looked him over, yet thought no more about it as he walked over to the replicator and stood still besides it before turning to face Tali. He answered her nod and appreciated her words as he continued to observe the white haired pilot. She seemed nervous enough and he'd soon find out why.

As she took her seat he nodded again slowly as he walked over halfway in the room before taking a more relaxed stance "I can understand what you're saying... It's hard to turn against those whom you fought alongside with. Every time we are bound to fight our own pilots with Archeron... It stings... Hurts even to take the lives of those serving under the same banner, with the same ideals." he spoke with worry in his voice before he shook his head " Yet we do what we must for the truth and if anything Tali, you're not giving up on anyone here." he answered with a faint smile.

"As for your past with Harbinger... What happened happened. I myself have only briefly endured the whole ordeal. Yet the bulk of my pilots." he paused for a second as he had to recognize only so little of those pilots were left "They had the worst of it, yet we've taken precautions from what I've heard. Everyone has been cleared from T'Rena's actions. Our pack suffered losses during that mutiny as well, yet I doubt anyone would blame former pilots from Harbinger on that matter. It's not like you or T'Zantha had any say or actions in it." he assured her "In case anyone does make a problem out of it, feel free to pass it on to me." he smiled.

With her seated now his smile grew a bit larger as he shook his head "Either way, where are my manners. Can I offer you a drink lieutenant?" he asked while he turned around and paced back towards the replicator and pondered about hat he'd drink himself. Some scotch or whiskey would do him good, however he didn't want to sink his head into the strong beverages just yet. Instead he produced himself a warm cup of coffee, not to remain awake, yet only to warm himself up from the inside out.

Re: Day 01 [2400 hrs.] Passing On The Torch

Reply #3
[LT Talidenai "Terror" zh'Idenna| Ravon's Quarters | Deck 10 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: Nolan

The Andorian nodded as she listened to the human, noticing that something was bothering him and wondered if it had something to do with the problems with the cult that she heard existed on the ship which made her slightly leery of what had happened on this ship since it supposedly went rogue months ago.

"Just plain black coffee please and if someone does make a problem of mine or Sniper once being apart of the Harbinger, I think Sniper will deal with it in her usual manner which is to beat the shit out of it as my lover is anything but subtle when it comes to insulting her honor." Tali said, a faint smile playing across her features as she leaned back a little bit, crossing one muscular leg over the other as she watched the human.

The smile however didn't last long as a thought crossed her mind, "I won't lie and say that other things aren't bothering me but I just hope that my pilots will be welcomed with open arms like with Christopher, he looks..happier for the lack of a better term then he ever did on the Harbinger if you can believe that?"

She sighed for a moment as her eyes tracked him. "Putting my things aside, Thomas, do you need an ear for a moment?" she asked honestly.

Reply #4

Thomas gave a nod as he let the replicator produce the desired drinks. His eyes stuck on the cups for a second before he took them in his hands and brought them over to the female pilot. Her muscular frame noticed by his eyes before he handed her the drink she desired "There you go, need any sugar or cream with it?" he asked her friendly before taking a seat in a chair opposite of her as he heard her out.

He smiled faintly as Tali mentioned that Terror would beat the crap out of anyone who would deem them unwelcome or mock their heritage from Harbinger "I'd prefer none of my pilots to go into petty brawls." he stated yet leaned forward "Just come to me if anyone gives you trouble. It's not that I don't believe that you girls can't take care of your own. It'll just be counter productive if I had more pilots placed in the brig for things like these. I expect my squadron to act maturely." he said on a calm yet to the point tone.

He observed the former SCO as his eyes locked into her eyes, nodding slowly as she stated that Chris looked happier than he ever was. Honestly, Ravon couldn't add much to that as he had only met the pilot hours ago. "What else is on you mind Tali?" he asked her, he aimed for transparency. He couldn't risk her having thoughts in her mind that would cloud her sense of flying. It was something that he'd be making clear to his group if he made it to SCO.

However Tali herself called Ravon out as she asked if she could offer a listening ear herself. It was ironic that he should hide things for her. Would he be less respected if he showed his own vulnerabilities? Or would it make him stronger in the end? He played with his own drink as he contemplated on the question and eventually shrugged "There's not much to tell really... We lost another pilot to these devoted nutjobs." he whispered "A good friend of mine.. A close friend..." he sighed and leaned back again as he looked away from Tali.

Reply #5

"Nope, I prefer mine to be as pitch as space..Sniper's the one with the sweet tooth if you can believe that?" she said with a warm laugh as she accepted the cup from him and took a warm sip of the liquid.

"To answer your request that we behave, I will endeavour to do so Thomas but I can't say that Sniper will try as hard as me because she has a lower bullshit tolerance then I do as it comes up being a rare creature among a deseret dwelling species." she explained after Ravon had brought up his comment about them acting mature and not getting into fights.

Tali nodded as she listened to what he had to say next and her eyes narrowed just a little bit in concern as she recalled a conversation that a couple of these "Devoted" had with two of her people earlier today. "To be honest with you, these..."Devoted" as they call themselves..are not really my cup of tea and thus far they have tried to recruit a couple of my people to join them while droning on about Moralish this and that but the thing is that they went after Witch King and Aria which was a mistake on their part."

Tali took another sip of her coffee before placing the mug down on the table in front of her. "Witch King..Cameron..is a man who doesn't fit the concept of the term normal, he enjoys ferengi food and drink for instance and from what he and Aria told me, they approached them after the meeting on the flight deck but they gave up because he played his odd card at them and they thought he was stupid..but he didn't want to make a bad impression on you by gutting two of them right after a big meeting." she explained honestly.

She then looked more closely at Thomas. "Are you going to be okay, Thomas?" she asked with complete honesty.

Reply #6

Thomas took a pause as Tali mentioned that Sniper has a lower bullshit tolerance and he fitted a bit before shaking his head "Perhaps so Tali, but I won't be able to protect her from brig time if she does anything stupid. She's your RIO, if she's grounded I imagine you're grounded as well. Look after her... I'll do my best to keep your girls out of harm's way, but we all control that outcome ourselves partially." he concluded

Hearing about the Devoted trying to recruit crew from Orcus was worrisome. He wondered if they had tried with more of his squadron besides his own. If so, who followed them and to what extent. More troubles seemed to cloud his head already and he wasn't even promoted yet. He took a sip from his own drink before placing it down on the coffee table between them, he pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed softly.

He didn't reply instantly as she asked if he was going to be okay. He didn't know himself to be fair as he bit down and clenched his jaws together. "I'll be fine..." he brought out meekly "I have to be really. A good night rest and some thinking should help." he offered with a faint smile as he looked at the woman before him "Thanks for the offer though." he thanked her respectfully and looked her straight in the eyes.

Reply #7

When Thomas brought up the whole "if the RIO is grounded.." thing, Tali couldn't help but do a very throaty chuckle. "Trust me when I say that she won't go out of her way to start something but if anyone picks a fight with her then they will find not a sedate fighter like most of her people but more like...what is the old Earth saying..ah yes, I believe it is a pissed off tigress." she said as a way of explaining her chuckling.

But then the smile disappeared as she watched him closely, her eyes feeling the depths of a pain that she knew all too well especially after he spoke and then tried to reassure her that he'd be fine. "You will forgive me if I say that I do not believe that in the slightest, Thomas." she said simply and honestly as she pointed at him simply. "You are as about as "fine" as Christopher was when I first met him and we had dinner for the first time together to be completely honest and HE had spent two years living and surviving in a klingon prison before loosing his father to the breen attack on Earth..."

Tali then stood up and set her mug on the table before moving to squat down in front of her fellow pilot and new commanding officer, her eyes focusing solely on his. "Do *NOT* try to bury this or assume that you will be that kind of "fine"..otherwise it will sit inside of you as it festers, rots, and turns black until you can't breathe or do anything that makes you the person that we can trust or even call friend." she said simply and honestly before reaching out and taking one of his hands into both of her's. "If you need to vent, then fucking vent but please do not insult yourself by saying that "you'll be fine"..please."

Reply #8

The lieutenant had to laugh at the phrase of her RIO being a pissed off tigress if provoked and he nodded, dropping the subject matter for what it was for now. He returned to take his seat and heard the voice of the woman as she pointed out to him that he was anything but fine. She talked about Christopher, the pilot he had met earlier that day in person at the below decks. She shed some more light on his personal history and he opened his eyes once more, only to see the Andorian pilot stand up and walk over to him before she took his hand in hers.

He gave her words a pause as he thought them over, seemingly weighing his words before he moved his hand that was stuck between hers. The hand clasping around the one hand that he could reach before he looked back into the eyes of the blue skinned woman "Venting... I had my share of venting today,..." he said softly, yet with determination in his voice. The image and sound of the snapping neck of the crewman that he had killed in order to get to Rawley flashed in front of his mind and he closed his eyes as he felt every fiber and muscle tense up. "Trust me when I say I'll be fine Talidenai. I've been through worse cases and so far I've brought off without turning rotten on the inside." he said to her with a clear voice as he meant every word of it.

"If I can't sleep tonight, I'll be elsewhere to clear my mind.  I'll do what is needed to get me over this. I'll do what is needed to lead every single pilot. I'll do whatever it takes to keep you all alive." he said as a single tear rolled down his cheek. He knew he couldn't save them all, not with the odds stacked against them the way they were. Yet he would bloody hell try to keep most of them from harm's way, despite the risk and dangers of their profession.

Reply #9

Tali saw the look that briefly ghosted across Thomas' eyes and could only
nod to it as she had seen it in her own fathers's eyes and one of her mother's as well
since they grew up during the time of the Tzkenthi and Cardassian Wars and she herself was
a veteran of the brief Klingon and Dominion Wars in turn and now what appeared to be the opening
months of the First Federation Civil War..

She reassuringly squeezed the human's hands with her own. "My late friend Liquidius used to have this old saying which was "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." and to me, you've shown that." Tali said as she waved a hand at the door to his quarters. "Think about what you accomplished, Thomas. You somehow managed to create a fusion of what is apparently two different eras of star fighters into a workable one, tracked down an advanced capital ship, threw your untested fighter into a pitched battle for survival and *WON* and yes, there have been some losses..that is no reason for you to be sad."

Tali then gently reached up and wiped the tear away from the human's face like she had done for her own siblings and wiped it off on her pant leg. "I hear and understand what you're saying as I heard them from other men that I have respected over the last few years such as my wing commander prior to the battle of cardassia towards the end of the last war..that was a very long and ugly battle to say the least but in the end that promise is as only as good as you make it yourself as well." she said in a very gentle tone as her light blue eyes looked into his. "Venting is good, dealing with the pain and
the grief is good...dwelling on keeping us alive can wait till you've had a couple of beers and a full belly..trust me on this one because I remember all of the times that I'd find Phantos and Christopher in the mess with this big plate of..what was it called again..notcyhos I think..and them laughing about something.."

Tali then gave Thomas' hands one last reassuring squeeze before releasing them but she remained where she was, looking at her new superior officer. "Besides if you need someone to talk to whose been there, generally want to bullshit, or just need someone to talk to-hit me up and I'll bring the whiskey, fair?" she asked with a smile on her face.

Reply #10

Ravon listened to the words of the former SCO and he nodded silently agreed with what she had to say. He felt her lithe hand against his face as she wiped away the single tear. Her words not fully reaching through the skull of the pilot, yet he understood the goal of it and looked back into the blue eyes. "I understand." he answered her with a faint smile. Everything she said had a point really yet Thomas seemed to bee cycling through the answers in his head.

In the end he did seem to snap out of it as his smile grew more genuinely "I hear you Tali... I'll keep it in the back of my mind as well. Thank you." he offered her as she offered her companionship if he wanted to talk or vent in general. he squeezed back gently in her shoulder before he looked over to the couch and went back to his own seat and sat down.

"Is there anything else you'd like to discuss?" he asked her as he took another nip of his drink and washed away the thoughts that had been dwelling for him. He had to move on, he needed to move on.

Reply #11
[LT Talidenai "Terror" zh'Idenna| Ravon's Quarters | Deck 10 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Nolan

Tali nodded, "Those in the squadron that switched sides with Sniper and myself are good people, I gathered them based on flight performance results, levels of combat training, active flight logs, and you name it and the birds that we're flying are the first operational squadron, so aside from the ones that are currently sitting in the hanger bay I don't think anymore will be out quite yet."

Tali then stood back up and went back over to where she was sitting and took a drink from her mug before turning to look at the human again. "There is one unique item though, I have a couple of pilots that have a..small unique history with the Federation if you will because I wanted to test something within the test program, so one of my flights doubles as a specialized recon element..nothing enhanced about their birds but I selected them for having more specialized training then most of the others."

Tali allowed herself to smile lightly on that one, "Before he became the thing that you met recently, Phantos was actually quite the genius..actually came up with a few good ideas that will never see the light of day though." she admitted, sounding a little bit wistful for the days before the current crisis.

Reply #12

Ravon followed the Andorian with his eyes and rested them on her as she sat down and spoke once more about her pack and the unique elements that it held. It was good information to know and Thomas made sure he stored it somewhere in the back of his mind. Recon elements were needed in the days to come undoubtedly with the nebula they were in. He sipped from his mug and found it to be empty after a few more gulps. He placed the mug down on the table and leaned back into the couch as he enjoyed the view of the woman opposite of him.

"I believe your former SCO was a genius of sorts. You don't get to that rank without having a few tricks up your sleeve." he smiled and shrugged. He could see and recognize the look on her face and he added "Whatever he did in the last weeks, it's not relevant. He might not even have been himself during that time, so I'd just go and remember him with the good things he's done for you and your squadmates." Thomas concluded.

He looked around and gazed outside to the nebula, standing up and walking over to the window "It is getting rather late though Tali... It's been a long and strange day for the most of us. I think we're better off retiring to our bunks. Need to rise and shine in the morning for the next flight right?" he smiled and looked over his shoulder to the woman.

Reply #13
[LT Talidenai "Terror" zh'Idenna| Ravon's Quarters | Deck 10 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Nolan

Tali listened to Thomas' words about her late former commanding officer. "Phanatos was a..complacated man to say the least and while I'm glad that I didn't see him in the last days of his life during that whole stupidity, I just hope that he was able to finish his last project." she said in a soft tone before she picked up her mug and drained it.

She listened to his words about how she should possibly choose to remember Phanatos and smiled softly as her antenna lowered softly, no wonder Christopher felt so at home here..these people were much more like Guardsmen then the others were aboard the Harbinger, much more of a sense of corp espirit then anything else as her blue eyes flicked up to meet Thomas' before she gave him a warm smile.

When he got up to look outside at the nebula, she walked over to stand next to him as well with her hands at the small of her back. "Agreed..but I feel like we are simply waiting for the other shoe to drop, much like the pilots were before Earth's battle of Midway during it's second world war." she admitted as she looked out into the Azure Nebula where even through the viewport and the metal's of the ship between her and open space..she could *FEEL* the nebula trying to talk to her..it was like an ocean of noise that only she could hear.

"We will survive this, Thomas, because we are a lot more scrappier then we look." Tali said with a reassuring smile before she gave Thomas' right shoulder a reassuring squeeze. "I'll see you in the morning, sir." she added warmly before turning to head out of his quarters.

Reply #14

Thomas had to chuckle at the mention of Midway and he nodded silently as he kept looking at colorful spectacle outside the ship. He glanced over at Tali for a second once more before she gave him a squeeze and he placed his hand on her arm and squeezed back "I have faith that we'll persevere." he answered her with smile and he turned around, leaning against the window as he watched Tali make her way to the door.

"See you in the morning lieutenant. Have a good nights rest." he answered her as she reached the door and stepped out of his quarters. He was alone once more and he looked at the mugs. He pushed himself off the wall and gathered them, recycling them in the replicator and readying his clothes for the morning which would undoubtedly come to soon. Once all that was done her walked back to the view port and looked at the spectacle a little longer before he pulled his shirt off and went to his bed to retire in just his sweat pants.

Sleep didn't come easily, yet after a bit of turning and shifting around in bed, sleep found the pilot at last.

-Fin

Simple Audio Video Embedder