Skip to main content
Topic: USS Cayuga: The Intricacies Of The Game (Read 2586 times) previous topic - next topic

USS Cayuga: The Intricacies Of The Game

[ CPO Ekon Okotie-Eboh | Holodeck | USS Cayuga | 1 week prior to Borg attack ] @alphawiz

Ekon raised the glass of scotch & soda in his right hand and took a sip as he tapped the cards pinned against the table under his left hand with his index finger. Smacking his lips in appreciating of the drink, he placed the glass back on the table and directed his gaze at the Trill man sitting across from him.

”The buy in is 1 strip, sir.” Ekon declared, tossing the strip of holographic gold-pressed latinum into the pot and beginning the game. He continued speaking after Lieutenant J.G. Kaylon Jeen tossed his own strip into the pot, matching the ante. ”The risk is 0. Buy at 5, sell at 5, exchange at 5.” Ekon picked up the three 4-sided dice in front of him and rolled them on the floor of the Tongo wheel, showing a 2-1-4. Then he reached out with his left hand and gave the wheel a counter-clockwise spin before sitting back and cradling his drink in his right hand as the wheel whirled freely.

“I never thought I’d find someone to play Tongo with aboard the Cayuga. I didn't expect there to be many opportunities to play out here in the Azure Nebula, or I would have brought my Tongo wheel.” Ekon said, smiling at the officer sitting across the table as Lt. Jeen took his turn.. ”Where did you learn to play?

Re: USS Cayuga: The Intricacies Of The Game

Reply #1
Lt JG Kaylon Jeen | Holodeck | USS Cayuga   @Fife

Kaylon looks down at his cards, and smiles.   Turns up a card on the Facing Floor. "Buy" he says and tosses two strips of latinum into the pot.
"We'll see if you feel that way in a few minutes, Chief.   It may have been a little while since I played, like a year, but Tongo skills, like latinum, don't rust.  Buy is now 3" he remarks almost casually as the gleam in his eye grows brighter.  He tosses the dice.  They come up 3 - 7 and 10.  He spins the wheel.

"How long have you been playing Tongo?"

Re: USS Cayuga: The Intricacies Of The Game

Reply #2
[ CPO Ekon Okotie-Eboh | Holodeck | USS Cayuga ] @alphawiz

Ekon chuckled at the Chief Engineer’s remark as he watched the wheel turn, letting it come to a rest on it’s own rather than stopping it himself. As the wheel came to a stop, Ekon tossed his 2 strips into the pot to cover the risk, then glanced at the table to look over the floor cards.

Before him was the 4 of Hearts, followed by 6(C), Ace(S) & 8(S) (on the floor Lt. Jeen had just played), 10(C), Jack(D), 2(H), King(H) and 7(D) moving clockwise. Two of the dice were on the floor 2 spaces to his left, and the third was on the floor 1 space to his left.

”I learned to play Tongo many years ago, sir.” Ekon said by way of reply to Lt. Jeen’s question. ”I fell in with a crew of Ferengi back in 2321. I spent a little over 3 years serving aboard their ship, and we spent many nights playing Tongo.” Ekon smiled at Lt. Jeen as he tossed 3 strips into the pot. ”Buy”

Ekon turned a card on the facing floor face-up, revealing a J(H). He glanced at his cards for a moment, then looked up and Jeen and tossed another strip into the pot. ”The sell is now 6.” Ekon reached out and gave the table a spin, clockwise this time.

”If I am being honest, I rarely won against the Ferengi when we played.” Ekon confided in the Lieutenant, giving him a smile.

- FIN

Simple Audio Video Embedder