Skip to main content
Topic: Day 29 [0800 hrs.] Packrats and New Neighbours (Read 2206 times) previous topic - next topic

Day 29 [0800 hrs.] Packrats and New Neighbours

[Lt. Jg Akel Izavid | Crew Quarters Deck 12 | Vector 03 | USS Theurgy]

Crew quarters have always be so very frustrating on starships. There is never enough space for storage. Akel had been trying since he was brought his new ship, reported in, and assigned quarters to properly store all the sensitive parts he had the foresight to bring. He hadn’t yet learned the supply system of the ship and he did not want to risk the parts being lost. 

Replication was not the problem, Akel was used to doing the engineering labors on his own, the problem was the useless furniture they chose to place in quarters.  He couldn’t just go off and vaporize the end table that was in his way. For the moment, said table was blocking the door from closing. 

Although he knew there was probably too much noise flowing into the hallway it didn’t matter to Akel.  The security storage cabinets were looking good, all things were stored except one unfortunate holographic processor core would not fit in the storage. He returned to his storage space calculations, cursing way too much for his liking, and wondering where he went wrong, 

@Masorin

Re: Day 29 [0800 Hrs] Packrats and New Neighbors

Reply #1
[ Salem Martin | Crew quarters | Deck 12| USS Theurgy] attn: @JediMaster
[Show/Hide]

Salem was a collector. His quarters had a shelf entirely constructed and replicated to hold miniturized star ships used for tactics games. He also had two gym bags, one for work out clothes, and the other for his fencing gear that he kept stored at the foot of his bed. He also had a violin that he had kept on another shelf on the wall. It had taken him days to set up and be able to display his collections, and most of the stuff had to be replicated again which took even longer seeing as how the Cayuga was destroyed, but as they currently didn't need to conserve power he had managed to rebuild everything that was important to him.

The difference between his quarters and the quarters he saw next door was the orderly fashion in which everything he had collected over the years had been put together and catagorized. Where as next door what was happening was not collecting... it was hording. He had never actually encountered a horder before. A lot of people told him that his collections were the closest thing most people saw to it. Why did a human regard things as valuable? weren't they evolved above materialistic goods? Salem usually explained his items, or just told the other person that it wasn't their place to judge.

This on the other hand... was chaos. "I think... You have too much stuff." he said using a line that at one point had been directed at his collection, visible through the door of his quarters, but his stuff was dusted, cared for stored orderly... this... my god this was chaos.

"I don't think the VIP quarters have enough room for all of this stuff."

Re: Day 29 [0800 Hrs] Packrats and New Neighbors

Reply #2
[Lt. Jg Akel Izavid | Crew Quarters Deck 12 | Vector 03 | USS Theurgy] attention @Masorin

‘Why did people always sneak up on him’ Akel thought after being scared by another officer talking to him. He was tempted to respond to his too much stuff comment with anger but reminded himself of his goal of trying to make friends. He assumed this ship would be his home for a long while after all. After securely locking the storage cabinets from his PADD he reached out his hand to his new neighbor.  “Perhaps your right about too much stuff.”after pausing to collect his thoughts he decided to trust his neighbor “my name is Akel Izavid, i am new here. All the stuff i brought is mostly computer hardware for the Theurgy.

He felt really open with his neighbor so he continued. “When admiral Anderson told me to drop and run , I looked up the Theurgy systems And brought parts impossible or hard to replicate.  Believe it or not, I normally pack very light.”  He paused and grinned at his neighbor.  When he trusted someone near him, akel had the bad habit of telling too much detail.  He wondered as he spoke if he just terrified the man. 

- FIN

Simple Audio Video Embedder