Skip to main content
Topic: Day 02 [1400 hrs.] Logistics Support (Read 2594 times) previous topic - next topic

Day 02 [1400 hrs.] Logistics Support

[ Lt. JG A'vura Zeshryr | Fighter Assault Bay | Deck 16 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @JosiahDorn
[Show/Hide]
When A'vura Zeshryr had been the Acting Chief of Ops on board the USS Resolve, the human-raised Orion thought it was a daunting task and she always felt like she was barely coping by the tips of her fingernails...and then she came aboard the Theurgy. The ship had three vectors, and three times the work. She was only Assistant Chief here, but even so she was barely keeping up with all the work needed here, especially for maintenance, which was all they seemed to be doing at this point, fresh from their battle, and without a proper dedicated station to enact proper repairs, the crew was being pressed into work. Even on the Resolve, they never had it this bad, it almost made A'vura nostalgic.

Almost.

There was a request for a supply of self-sealing stem bolts for the Fighter Assault Bay, but for some reason, the Orion's PADD was lighting up with "EN ROUTE" for the last half-an-hour when it should have long since reached. Either the quartermaster had yet to get to it, or that was another order that was getting rerouted without her knowledge, and causing a logistics confusion. Already, she had replicator parts going to Engineering when it was supposed to go to Below Decks' lounge. Since she was on the way towards the TacCONN Briefing Lounge, she decided to stop by at the bay personally to oversee the allocation of the stem bolts. She could only imagine how important those things would be for the techs and workforce trying to keep the fighters in tip-top condition.

Dressed in the skirt uniform, the Orion marched briskly, looking about, PADD in hand, and she was so distracted looking left to right for signs of a crate of stem bolts, she was on her way to a collision course with someone.

Re: Day 02 [1400 hrs.] Logistics Support

Reply #1
[ CWO1 Sten Covington | Fighter Assault Bay | Vector 02 | Deck 16 | USS Theurgy] Attn: @Triage

Sten was standing there in his regulation Yellow Jumpsuit.  It was unzipped about one quarter of the way down his chest and You could see a black T-Shirt on under it with CCR written in stylized letters across it for an old band he listened to.  He had his large engineering PADD in his right arm, resting in the crook of his elbow along his forearm with his hand holding its top, and was watching as a couple of the Junior Mechanics worked on one of the Mark III Valkyries.  One that had been in his bay for a long time, was showing one of the resolve crew his routine checks and what the problem areas to look out for were, and he was watching the analysis on the PADD as they worked.

It was in this situation that he barely saw Lt Zeshryr a mere second before she ran into him on his left side where his arm was hanging bent at the elbow, fingers tapping on his PADD.  With his large stature, he barely moved, though he dropped the PADD on the ground with a thud.  Lt Zeshryr bounced off of his left side where she had run into him and landed on her hind quarters on the Deck.  Sten immediately stepped over to her and leaned down and offered his right arm to her.  Seeing her badge insignia and having kept up to date on his communications he assumed this was their new Deputy Chief of Operations. 

"Are you ok, Lieutenant?" He asked her as he put his left arm over her forearm as she took his hand helped pull her up.  "I'm afraid I didn't see you in time.  Chief Covington, as I assume you know if you were coming to the Deck to see me.  What can I do for you, Lieutenant?" He asked as he focused his Intense blue eyes on her face to try and read her as this was their first time meeting.  Sten usually could tell how he felt about someone and if they would be useful or not to him within moments of meeting them.  Her black eyes stood out nicely against the green feature of her face he noticed.  She was young, but he could handle young, often better than old stubborn folk like himself. 

Reply #2
[ Lt. JG A'vura Zeshryr | Fighter Assault Bay | Deck 16 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @JosiahDorn
[Show/Hide]
The young Orion only had time to register when she turned her head forward to see where she was going that she was already too late to avoid the crash into the most solid man she ever had the misfortune of a most undignified introduction with, “OWPH!” She bounced right off him and fell backwards painfully. Oooooh, that hurt, she thought. “Ow.” What was the man made of? Titanium?

She opened her eyes to see a hand offered to her, which she gratefully - if in embarrassment - accepted and was hoisted back to her feet. He was talking, and she took a moment to process what he was saying. That steely blue-eyed gaze was unnerving, as for a moment, she felt like she was being studied under a microscope, and she was naked. He was a strong man, and she had the feeling he was one of those no-nonsense types. But she didn't really know him, so her snap-judgement was privately ignored in favour of getting to know him better first.

“I'm fine, thank you, Chief Covington. And sorry,” she blushed, her cheeks flushing a deeper shade of green, “was my fault, I wasn't watching where I was going. Chief...oh, Chief! Good! You're exactly who I needed to see then!” She beamed happily, and retrieved her PADD, which she'd dropped in her fall, and pulled up a manifest. She showed it to him, “I've been working with the quartermaster, and there has been supply allocations that are not getting to where they're supposed to go. The latest is an order for two crates of self-sealing stem bolts. By any chance, did you see them arriving? It's creating a logistics nightmare for the quartermaster and the manifest records.”

Reply #3
[ CWO1 Sten Covington | Fighter Assault Bay | Vector 02 | Deck 16 | USS Theurgy] Attn: @Triage

He leaned over and picked up the large Engineering PADD that he had dropped now that he saw that she was ok.  He pulled it against his right side and just held it as he studied her.  She seemed to be blushing as her cheeks turned a bit darker shade of green.  He hadn't met many Orions in his years so he was not overly familiar with them personally though he knew enough about their physiology, that for her to be allowed on the ship, she had to be different than the average Orion.  That was something that he wouldn't know anytime soon as she seemed to be here on business and they would get to that.

"No need to apologize lass, just own the landing and stick it and you'll be fine." He listened to her problem and looked across the bay, motioning her to follow him.  "Earlier today, a couple of crates arrived, but the labels on them said Engineering.  The courier insisted they were for us, but my guy wouldn't sign the requisition since it was not addressed to us.. could you scan them and see if they are your missing crates?" They walked across the bay and were closer to the briefing rooms and his office now. and there next to the wall were two large crates that were clearly marked ENGINEERING on the side.  He looked from her to them to indicate that these were what he was referring to.

As he stood there a bit longer he gave her a more thorough examination, in his line of work, the officers tended more towards the pants outfits or jumpsuits like he was wearing, so the feminine look was a pleasant thing that he didn't see often on his decks.  He also took in her looks without ogling her completely, since he was not familiar with Orions in person, the green skin tone was quiet pleasant, especially since it was one of his favored colors when he had to choose from non regulation colors.  "I hope these take the stress lines from your face, Lieutenant."

Reply #4
[Show/Hide]
“Right,” said A'vura, nodding at Sten, when he explained that she ought to own the pain. She thought she'd rather not have pain at all, but she could only be so lucky...she trailed after the large man, trying to keep up with his pace, and had to scamper, almost running. She wasn't particularly short, but the man had almost a whole head over her, and it made a lot of difference. So a few crates made it. She could only hope it was the missing order. But she frowned when Sten mentioned that they were labeled for Engineering. It would have been labeled for the Fighter Assault Bay more specifically. At least she thought it would be.

She took out her tricorder and began to perform a scan of the crates shown to her. While she did this, she was aware of the man observing her thoughtfully. She was used to getting looks with varying degrees of interest, especially in new places, where even in today's age, Orion Starfleet officers weren't particularly common. Even so, it made her feel self-conscious, and she crossed her legs modestly in a feminine poise as she finished her work, and she cast furtive glances from the corner of her eyes, before noticing something strange. “What the hell...?”

Those stress lines actually increased, despite Sten's hope for the opposite as she reached out and opened one of the crates, revealing a variety of components and equipment. Her eyes widened and she looked over at Sten Covington, “Th-the tricorder...it said it was the self-sealing stem bolts, but the readings gave me all sorts of other things...these aren't stem bolts. Hell I don't know what they are fo...wait...” she reached in and took out one of the components, a container with some sort of active energy source running in the center.

“This could be part of a protomatter construct.” said A'vura. “What the hell is going on?”

Reply #5

Sten watched as she scanned the goods, noticed her crossing her legs and felt she may have thought he was ogling her.  She was attractive, and the crossing of her legs only drew his attention to her legs for a brief moment.  He then looked at his PADD to check a message and saw that it wasn't urgent and just filed it with his to-do list and looked back up to see if she had gotten the results of her scan yet.  Her exclamation made him a couple of steps closer to the crates to examine them with her.  "What is wrong, Lieutenant?"

He did notice her brow furrow a bit more as she looked back and forth between her tricorder and the crates.  He listened to her as she made the assessment of the readings her tricorder was giving and as she pulled out one of the components of the box.. he noticed the green energy core in the center of container she had grabbed and took a couple of steps back.  "What the bloody hell, indeed.. You sure you should be handling that shite, Lieutenant?" He punched a few things on his PADD.  "This is my area, but it is your shipment.. so should one of us call Engineering for them to come contain this, I just don't want any of my techs getting a hold of this thinking it is something else.."

He paused for a second and took a step closer to A'vura... "If this is what we think it is.. how in the fuck did it even get on this ship.. let alone on my deck?"  He was looking to the sides to make sure that none of his crew was in ear shot.  "IF both of those crates are full of that stuff, that is enough it could take out this whole Vector if not the entirety of all three Vectors..." He said in a stern whisper as a concern look came across his face and he was looking A'vura straight into her black eyes.

Reply #6
[Show/Hide]
Oh God oh God oh God... A'vura's mind was racing frantically, and she tried her best not to tremble. The last thing she needed was to shake this volatile substance in her hands. Why was there Protomatter on board? She wanted to put the container down, and ask to beam out to the nearest safe planet...maybe Risa? She could do with a nice long vacation...maybe stay there forever. But that didn't resolve the immediate problem...what was Protomatter doing here? Who mucked up the order for self-sealing stem bolts completely and replaced it with components for a “Dirty bomb.”

She turned to look at Sten, her eyes wide and round, “All these things in the crate...a simply trigger system, ignition chamber, wiring, remote control...and the Protomatter...it'll make one hell of a dirty bomb.”

She very carefully lowered the container back into the crate, then on a whim, ran her tricorder directly over the Protomatter again. “It's kinda watered down...ish.” said A'vura, “Whoever got this didn't quite have enough to fill the standard container, but they filled it with other "compatible compounds" to try and give it the full extent of its notorious volatility. But they've only succeeded in making it more unpredictable than usual. It's not enough to just call in explosives experts and engineers, we need to let command know. And I need to find out where the hell your shipment of stem bolts has gone...after I resolve the twenty-seven other mysteriously rerouted supply allocations. Someone is screwing with it, and people are not getting the resources needed to finish repairs.”

She glanced at Sten, studying his blue eyes thoughtfully, but she was all business, “Here, help me, we need to keep this out of the way, and reseal it.” She placed the lid over the crate and started pushing the crates (on anti-grav transports). “We'll solve the mystery of how it got on board later, when we've got more people in on this. I'll forward this report to Commander Stark. She needs to know about this.”

Reply #7
CWO1 Sten Covington | Fighter Assault Bay | Vector 02 | Deck 16 | USS Theurgy] @Triage

Sten listened to what A'vura had to say and watched the complex emotions wash across the green tones of her face.  As she talked he put his PADD on top of the second crate and looked into the first as she named off things and described the makings of a dirty bomb.  As she asked for help he pushed the lid back on the crate with her to seal it back into place and started pushing the second crate on it's anti-gravity transport. "I Have a locked secure area in the back of the weapons area behind bay two, that we can store them that no one but myself, Ji, and Harrold have access to that we should put these in.  It is this way." 

He led her back through the open bay door in Maintenance bay two and down the hallway to the weapon room and opened the secure area in the back, pushing his sled into it and then helping her to push hers there as well.  He picked up his PADD off the top of the crate he had been pushing and stepped back out of the secure area, shutting it behind them and looked over at A'vura as he dusted his hands off on his yellow jumpsuit.  He tapped out a few things on his PADD as he spoke.. "Narrowly averted explosion outside of maintenance bay two... check!" then looking at A'vura and smirked.  "Guess we'll never find them stem bolts?"

As they were standing there, Sten noticed a few things out of place in the weapons room and shaking his head, he put down his PADD and moved things back to their proper places and cleaned up some debris from someone who had been doing work in the room.  "I will have to check the logs and see which of the techs was in here last.  Have to stress to them the importance of keeping everything in order so when the shit hits the fan, we have what we need." He shook his head and picked his PADD back up and stepped back over to her as he finished. 

Reply #8
[Show/Hide]
She nodded at Sten when he mentioned an ideal location to store these dangerous things away. “The less people that get around it, the better.” said A'vura, and as they secured the protomatter, the Orion got to work, bustling around like a fussy secretary, PADD in hand, lips moving animatedly as she seemingly talked to herself. She had tilted her head towards Sten when he spoke about narrowly averting an explosion, and she gave a non-commital sound to his comment about the stem bolts, and she was going to get to that soon.

She was making her reports and sending them off straight away to the respective recipients. At his next comment she finally looked up and around her, “Uh-huh.” said A'vura. She gazed up at him when he drew near, and said, “That might need to be a daily reinforcement of instruction...considering that in the last three days, shit hasn't stopped hitting the fan yet.”

She gave the Protomatter a distrusting look, “You're very sure this is the best place for it? Weapons storage with two explosive devices? And as for those stem bolts...” she looked at her PADD, calling up a report and then sharing it with Sten's PADD, “They were sent to Below Decks Lounge, and a whole lot of other things. They were all being misdirected. Right now, the lounge is about to host a whole lot of Engineering supplies.” She frowned at her PADD wondering who was deliberately misdirecting everything. “I'm gonna go have a look about them,” said A'vura after a while, deciding on taking action first. She looked up at Sten, “I trust you'll take care of things here in the meantime, and I'll come back ASAP once I have further instructions on what to do with the protomatter.”

She shook hands with the large man, “It was nice meeting you. Okay, I better go.” Turning, the Orion took off at a brisk walk, on the hunt for misplaced assets.

FIN

Simple Audio Video Embedder