Skip to main content
Topic: Oh Give Me a Home - A CONNIE FlashFic saga (Read 623 times) previous topic - next topic

Oh Give Me a Home - A CONNIE FlashFic saga

Part 1

"No, I can't say I've ever had the privilege of attending such an event," Olivia replied leaning against her console and sighing. "But I've always wanted to try it."

"It is not common practice among my people to use an animal in such a manner," Jephro observed turning in her seat.

"You're telling me they don't have horse racing on your planet, of any kind?" Marcus asked in disbelief. "No animals competed against each other in tests of speed?"

"Is that really so odd?" Olivia retorted. "Most places on Earth don't have anything like it."

"Okay, I have to disagree, I've attended a guinea pig race while on vacation in Peru," Badgeral added leaning forward and laughing.

"It really is a super common thing," Marcus replied with a shrug.

"Perhaps for humans it is," Jephro observed.

"Makes me wonder about other races," Marcus said scratching his chin. "Someone get Thyss up here, we need an Andorian perspective."

"Captain, we're being hailed," Badgeral said as a small alarm chirped at her station. "It's on a distress frequency."

"Do we have visual?" Marcus asked turning to face the viewscreen.

"Coming up now, sir," Baderal said as her fingers moved over the console conrtrols.

The view screen clicked on and Marcus was greeted by the face of a matured man, though friendly.

"Ah, I wasn't sure we'd be able to reach you at this distance," the older gentleman said with a smile. "I didn't

"What seems to be the problem? Mister...?" Marcus asked leaning forward.

"Oh, I'm Commissioner Flint, I run the farming community here on Kialos 7 and we've been having a heck of a time down here with some wildlife. If they trample one more harvest we'll be in a heck of a bind," the man on the screen replied.

"Well, Commissioner Flint, we're not exactly outfitted to deal with those kinds of problems, but we'll see what we can do all the same," Marcus replied with a smile. "Helm, set a course."

Jephro nodded and quickly laid the course into her console. "Course laid in, sir. Twenty minutes at present velocity."

"We're on our way Commissioner," Marcus said turning his attention back to the screen.

"You have no idea how much this means to us, Captain. I'm sending you beam-in coordinates now. We will be awaiting your arrival," the man on the screen replied. "Commissioner Flint, out."

The screen faded to a streaking star field once more.

"Thoughts?" Marcus asked looking over to Olivia.

"Somehow I expect this is going to be a bit more interesting than what our good friend the Commissioner is letting on," Olivia replied giving Marcus a look.

"Lord I hope so, I've had enough of the boring assignments recently," Marcus said springing to his feet and clapping his hands.

"Are you really going to the transporter room already?" Olivia asked.

"Not yet, you have to remember it's minus twenty-eight degrees out there. Kialos 7 is a frozen planet. The only thing that grows there is winter wheat, or rather Triticale," Marcus replied. "I need to go get my winter coat out of storage."

Olivia rolled her eyes.

"In the mean time, I want you and Heron to get ready for a beam down, and Badgeral," Marcus began looking over to the communications station. "I want you ready and in the transporter room in twenty."

"Aye sir," Badgeral said as she got up and grabbed her tricorder before heading into the lift along side him.

Simple Audio Video Embedder