Skip to main content
News
  • 2021-01-07: Right now, our server is experiencing some issues with very delayed email notifications, so a temporary workaround could be to bookmark your threads and check them on the forum for the time being. Stay tuned about this issue!
  • 2020-10-03: Season 02 is underway, and Chapter 06: Battle of the Houses has been posted in Episode 01: Advent of War. Protect the Chancellor!
  • 2020-10-03: In order to keep track of the space-time continuum in Advent of War, here is a handy calendar! Use it to set up when your Supplmental threads take place.
  • 2019-10-04: Did you know that you can write your characters in the past, on the Director's Cut board, and even in a parallel universe, on the What if board?.
  • 2018-12-17: Did you know that you can change the ship displayed on the site in your Look and Layout settings? Pick your favourite ship or warp fighter! You can also add writing requests to your Forum Profile.
  • 2018-12-17: If you check your character page, and click on the Academy Class link at the bottom of the page, you can see who your character went to the Academy with. Perfect for Director's Cut board shenanigans!
  • 2018-01-24: Unless you've already made a request, would you like character artwork? Then make your request here!

Topic: Day 27 [2000 hrs.] - Drowning in an Irish Jewel (Read 130 times) previous topic - next topic

Day 27 [2000 hrs.] - Drowning in an Irish Jewel
[PO2 Kino Taer | Below Decks Lounge | Deck 28 | USS Theurgy] Attn: @Stegro88
[Show/Hide]

Sitting on the far end of the bar counter, as far away from the entrance to the lounge as possible, Petty Officer Kino Taer was staring into a tumbler. The golden single malt, a strong and heavy drink from Terra, which Kino was introduced to during her time in the Dominion War, was completely unimpressive and harmless when replicated with synthehol. No bite to it, no numbing effect on a worn-out mind. Useless! She thought to herself and shook her head. A deep sigh escaped her throat as she raised her hands - one natural and one synthetic - to rub her face. Resting her palms in her short, silver hair with her head tilted down towards the counter, she mumbled. "Xenia, please, can I have the real stuff?" Her voice was unusually shaky and brittle. A concentrated observer might have even noticed the slight tremor, which had befallen her left, her real hand.

"Of course, Petty Officer. But I have to remind you of the side-effects of real alcohol." The beautifully designed, holographic waitress replied, smiling friendly at her customer. Xenia's black hair complemented her uniform nicely. Normally, Kino would have looked at her, gazed at her curves and smiled at her beauty. But not today. Not anymore. "I know Xenia. That's exactly what I need right now."

The holographic beauty kept smiling as she nodded and turned to disappear into the back-office, leaving Kino to herself. The NCO sighed once more, lifted her head again and turned it, letting her eyes observe the room. Only a few crewmates were gathered at the tables this evening. People who were sitting together, exchanging battle lore or playing games while drinking imitated cocktails lacking even the slightest punch. Lucky them... She thought to herself and was suddenly reminded of the latest alterations to her body as an abrupt tingling sensation rushed through her pelvis like a wave, forcing her hip to tilt involuntarily, almost throwing her off the barstool. A deep, sensual gasp was forced to the surface and before Kino could prevent it, that gasp made it's way out. Ungh! It was followed by an even louder, disgruntled. "Fuck!" The Petty Officer had enough. Where was Xenia with the booze? Her half-Trill, half-machine body was doing what it wanted, irritating the battle-hardened security officer with sudden outbursts of sensory overload in her semi-artificial genitals every now and then, which was even more unnerving when it came in moments of deep and utter despair about the loss of her late friend - and lover?!? - Eliska Bremmer. She might have been able to enjoy this particular side effect of her body adapting to the artificial replacements under normal circumstances. But the circumstances were far, far from normal.

Just as the Trill was about to call for Xenia to get her the whiskey already, the holographic image walked around the corner, lasciviously waving the neatly crafted bottle of Glendalough at her. "Coming right up, one hefty Irish Single Malt for my favorite Petty Officer." She chirped and it was all too obvious that something in the barmaid's subroutines told her that this particular humanoid was in dire need of some good mood. Holding the bottle in the left, her right hand elegantly reached for a fresh tumbler, placing it in front of Kino. A moment later the golden liquid poured into the glass. The oily, soft texture of the drink reflected the light inside the lounge like a beautiful, ancient piece of amber.
Another sigh, this time one that was expressing gratitude and relief, as Kino took the glass with her calm, right hand and raised it slowly. "This is for you, Eliska!" she whispered and took a long slug with closed eyes. She enjoyed the burning sensation of the real stuff. The bite! Just what she needed right now.

Opening her eyes again, she looked at Xenia, who was watching her with this strange, everlasting smile of hers. Oh my, she is beautiful! Since she was not used to it, the booze seemed to already loosen her up. She nodded at the hologram. "Thank you, X. Leave the bottle, would you?"

Re: Day 27 [2000 hrs.] - Drowning in an Irish Jewel
Reply #1
[ Crewman 3rd Class Samala | Below Decks Lounge | Deck 28 | Vector 03 | USS Theurgy | Aldea ] Attn: @Lathaniel
[Show/Hide]

"I wonder how long it takes for people to stop looking at me funny?" Samala considered idly as she walked towards Below Decks. Since joining the crew officially several days prior, she had kept mostly to herself when she wasn't training. It was something that had been noted by one of the NCOs responsible for overseeing her education and they had made mention that she should try to interact with other crewmembers while off duty. The better to foster comradery and help her to acclimate being a working part of the Theurgy and her crew. "I know it isn't the uniform. I checked twice that I was wearing it correctly."

Ahead of her, the doors opened to admit her and Samala walked into the Theurgy's lounge for the first time since joining her crew. She still wasn't used to wearing the uniform like everyone else; after a lifetime of being an individual, it was a challenge to conform, if only a little. Not seeing anyone she recognised, she headed towards the bar, noticing a woman with short-cropped white hair raising a glass before taking a long drink from it.

"I can think of worse ways to start a conversation," Samala mused, deciding to see if her interpersonal skills were as bad as everyone seemed to think they were. Taking a seat one over from the Trill, leaving a gap as a precaution, Samala set her hands on the bar top and considered what to drink as she heard the woman request that the bottle be left for her.

"Excuse me, could I get a glass of something to drink?" Samala requested, before adding on. "Something from Earth. I've never been there."

OOC: Here we go @Lathaniel. Did you want to write Xenia's response and what she gets for Samala. Surprise me?
  • Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 02:58:22 PM by Stegro88
PO3 Lorad [Show/Hide]
Lt. JG Donna 'Chance' Petterson [Show/Hide]
CPO Mickayla MacGregor [Show/Hide]
CM3 Samala [Show/Hide]
Lt. T'Less [Show/Hide]

Reply #2
[Show/Hide]

As per Xenia's programming, the hologram noticed the new arrival upon entry and had already retrieved the few bits of information accessible to her via Thea's database. Setting Kino's the bottle of Single Malt down onto the counter, she turned her neatly crafted, holographic face and smiled wholeheartedly at the Crewman. She listened closely to Samala's wish and nodded, batting her eyes in an attempt to appear friendly and human. "Why certainly, Crewman!" She replied, putting a welcoming warmth and a hint of excitement in her voice. "And welcome aboard this fine ship and it's number one recreational facility. My name is Xenia." The black haired image of a woman turned slightly and bent over. Her hands reached under the counter, taking out a slim glass and a bottle which was filled with an amber colored liquid, that looked quite similar to the Petty Officer's drink. While pouring the premixed cocktail into the highball glass she again turned her beautiful face to the Crewman. "There you go, a classical summer drink from the early twenty-first century. It's called Aperol Spritz, our new, official welcoming drink." Setting the glass with its syntheholic content down in front of Samala, her eyes glanced over to a table at the viewscreens, realizing that her services were needed there as well. "Enjoy your drink!" She said before turning with a nod and walking away with an enchanting hip swing in order to tend to the other guests.

Kino's attention had been with the glass of whiskey when the new crewmember walked in, but once she had emptied it, she turned slightly into the direction of Samala, scrutinizing her. Interesting. A Vulcan? No... wait... Romulan? Reman? What is she? Kino thought to herself while admiring the Crewman's elegant ears and somewhat wild facial features while listening to Xenia's words. A new crewmember, huh? Her cybernetic eye glanced at the drink, which was served to Samala, then back to her own glass, her empty glass. Avoiding to use her left hand so nobody would see it shake, she positioned the tumbler in front of her and then used the same hand to grab the bottle of Glendalough, pouring herself a triple before setting the open bottle back on the counter. Taking her glass and raising it towards the pointy-eared Crewman, she spoke. "Welcome aboard, Crewman!"

Reply #3
[ Crewman 3rd Class Samala | Below Decks Lounge | Deck 28 | Vector 03 | USS Theurgy | Aldea ] Attn: @Lathaniel
[Show/Hide]

Sitting there, Samala wondered what she might be served. The hybrid had heard the names of dozens of drinks during her 4 weeks aboard the Federation vessel and had even tried several of them, but she didn't doubt that there would be many more to learn about and try. She wasn't even sure if the ones she knew about were from Earth or some other planet. Before her, the holographic bartender set a glass filled with an orange fluid and proclaimed that it was called an Aperol Spritz. Nodding in thanks, Samala stared at the drink, wondering what it might taste like.

"Welcome aboard, Crewman!"

Turning her head, Samala looked at the Trill she had sat down beside and who had just welcomed her aboard. Her short-cropped silver hair framed her spots which, in turn, framed her face. What drew her attention though was the cybernetic implant in her right eye. She couldn't tell if it was an augment or a full replacement, but it was far less prominent that the implant her brother now had. And it was a much more pleasing blue compared to Lorad's read eye. Not sure of the woman's rank, but knowing she herself was at the bottom, Samala erred on the side of caution as the responded.

"Thank you, ma'am," she said politely picking up her own drink in turn. "My name is Samala."
PO3 Lorad [Show/Hide]
CM3 Samala [Show/Hide]
Lt. T'Less [Show/Hide]

Reply #4

[Show/Hide]

Kino kept her glass raised, waiting for the Crewman's response. She nodded in appreciation when Samala thanked her and introduced herself. "Here's to you, Samala!" She spoke, keeping eye contact until the glass touched her lips. After taking a sip she set the drink back down. "Ungh..." Kino shook her head, enjoying the unpleasant burn in her throat from the toxin she just ingested. She was quite happy about the fact that real alcohol had such a calming and dulling effect on her, though she was aware that probably any member of the medical department would scold her for being so irresponsible.

The Petty Officer turned her head back to face the new arrival. When she started to speak, she noticed a slight, but not yet obvious slur in her own voice. "Petty Officer Kino Taer. Security." She introduced herself and tried a welcoming smile that did not seem as wholehearted as she wanted it to look. This young Crewman was new. Kino did not want to set a bad example and come across as impolite or unwelcoming but after all that happened, she felt incapable of illustrating herself as the usual, happy-go-lucky girl.

Scrutinizing the dark haired beauty again, Kino noticed that she was probably not Vulcan. But Samala did not seem to be completely Romulan either.  She was puzzled and intrigued at the same time, but also not drunk enough nor bold enough to simply ask for the Crewman's heritage. At the same time, she wanted to find out. Guess I just got one more reason to stay and drink, Mr. Glendalough. She thought to herself and threw and quick glance to the Irish jewel which was patiently waiting to be emptied.

Reply #5
[Show/Hide]

She had taken a sip of her own beverage once she saw that the Trill was doing the same. The fluid was sweet, at first, but was followed by a surprising hint of bitterness afterwards, Samala couldn't say she disliked the flavours but also that she didn't like them either. Which meant that she would have to finish her drink to have a better idea of what she thought about it. Luckily it seemed that she would have company in accomplishing that task. 

"My brother is a part of security now," Samala revealed after Kino had introduced herself. Samala had also noticed how the petty officer had been appraising her. "Probably trying to figure out exactly what I am," the hybrid noted thoughtfully, having come across the same situation many times since she had come aboard. Not surprising, given the well-known stance between Romulans and Remans. "I'm sure that you would have noticed him. He tends to stand out here," she said with a smile, revealing her elongated upper canines. "His name is Lorad."

She sipped her drink again, gauging the mix of flavours once more as she also viewed the Trill beside her and her reaction to realising that what she was seeing in Samala, and couldn't seemingly identify, was her father's Reman ancestry.
PO3 Lorad [Show/Hide]
CM3 Samala [Show/Hide]
Lt. T'Less [Show/Hide]

Reply #6

[Show/Hide]

Kino raised the drink to her lips again, slowly tilting the tumblr and savoring the feeling of the cool glass on her skin. As the Crewman replied, she listened intently. Lorad? Was that the Reman with the artificial red eye She had been summoned to the Security Center once she was released from the Recovery Ward. Just a simple and very superficial debriefing, but an enormous task for the Petty Officer so shortly after waking up and learning about the fate of Eliska. Kino did remember the impressive sight of the Reman, though. He was talking to a Crewman when she arrived and someone, she was unable to remember who it was, called him by his name.

"Ah, yes. I think I remember. Tall guy with a red eye, right" She took another sip of her whiskey and nodded. "He stands out, alright. I certainly wouldn't mess with him if I could avoid it." She added with a hint of appreciation in her voice and a smile on her face. 

She felt another sudden tingle in her loin, a sensation she has experienced all too often since V-Nine had reconstructed her lower body after everything down there had been ripped apart. But it was a minor incident this time, hardly enough to make her twitch. She flinched, faintly, but surely visible to a trained eye. Regaining focus on the young Crewman quickly she tried to cover her sensory glitch with a quick follow-up question. "And what's your job on this fine vessel, Crewman?"

Reply #7
[Show/Hide]

"That's him," Samala confirmed after Kino had described her brother accurately. Samala herself hadn't actually spoken with him for several days with the majority of both of their time being spent acquainting themselves with the ship's routines and procedures. Additionally, Samala was undergoing additional training to bring her in line with Starfleet norms for a person of her rank. It was mostly boring stuff that the hybrid felt she could do in her sleep but she knew that it had to be done, if only for the peace of mind of her fellow crew.

Kino flinched slightly, and Samala was about to remark about it but was cut off as the security officer asked her about her own role aboard the Theurgy.

"I am currently undergoing what I am being told is remedial training to bring me in line with Starfleet norms for a crewman third class, which is the rank I have been assigned. Additionally, I am attempting to qualify as a support craft pilot," Samala explained, taking another sip of her drink. "It was what I was basically training for before I came here so it makes sense to keep on the same track. Federation ships just have less weapons for me to worry about."
PO3 Lorad [Show/Hide]
CM3 Samala [Show/Hide]
Lt. T'Less [Show/Hide]

Reply #8

[Show/Hide]

Kino nodded and attempted to empty the glass while listening to Samala elaborate on her current posting, only to realize that the glass contained nothing more but some drops. They did not even reach her mouth when she tilted the tumbler. She was glad that she had kept the bottle from disappearing in some cabinet behind the counter.

She smiled in agreement when Samala mentioned the lack of weaponry on Federation shuttles and set the glass down while simultaneously reaching for the bottle with her left hand. The tremor she was still suffering from went unnoticed by Kino, as she started to pour herself another one. The curiosity about Samala's past had taken over and she was satisfied with her decision to finally leave her quarters and get back out in the open.

"You'll be a pilot? That's great." She replied happily, guessing that Samala was at least five years younger than herself and probably quite young for a pilot in training. "Where did you start your training? I mean, I haven't seen you around and since you're rightfully mentioning the lack of firepower on our crafts, you must have served under a different flag." She looked down at the counter after finishing her inquiry, pouting a little as she noticed that she spilled quite a few drops. Carefully, she set the bottle back down and glanced over at the Crewman's glass to see if she was still adequatly supplied. Maybe she wanted to join her and the Irish gold once her drink was finished.