Skip to main content
News
  • 2021-01-07: Right now, our server is experiencing some issues with very delayed email notifications, so a temporary workaround could be to bookmark your threads and check them on the forum for the time being. Stay tuned about this issue!
  • 2020-10-03: Season 02 is underway, and Chapter 06: Battle of the Houses has been posted in Episode 01: Advent of War. Protect the Chancellor!
  • 2020-10-03: In order to keep track of the space-time continuum in Advent of War, here is a handy calendar! Use it to set up when your Supplmental threads take place.
  • 2019-10-04: Did you know that you can write your characters in the past, on the Director's Cut board, and even in a parallel universe, on the What if board?.
  • 2018-12-17: Did you know that you can change the ship displayed on the site in your Look and Layout settings? Pick your favourite ship or warp fighter! You can also add writing requests to your Forum Profile.
  • 2018-12-17: If you check your character page, and click on the Academy Class link at the bottom of the page, you can see who your character went to the Academy with. Perfect for Director's Cut board shenanigans!
  • 2018-01-24: Unless you've already made a request, would you like character artwork? Then make your request here!

Topic: CH02: S [D02|2341] Turning the Lights On (Read 44 times) previous topic - next topic

CH02: S [D02|2341] Turning the Lights On
[ Lt. Cmdr. Kai Akoni | Spearhead Lounge | Deck 14 | Vector 1 | USS Theurgy]

[Day 1 | 2147 hrs]

Kai walked towards the table where Ducote and Douglas were sitting. The cold glass filled halfway with Whiskey, rested comfortably in his right hand as he strode relaxingly but purposefully towards his intended seat. He reached the table and gave nods to the two already seated. The large man raised the glass to his lips and took a sip of the delicious liquid before setting the glass on the table and lowering his large frame into the chair.

As the conversation went on, both Akoni and Ducote learned more about how the man sitting across from them, was related to Gorka. Kai was intrigued with the conversation; however, his focus was split with some happenings occurring across the room.
There seemed to be rising tensions and some raised voices happening between the Theurgy's resident Gorn and a Klingon guest.
Kai let out a sharp whistle to get their attention as his right hand slowly slid down to the phaser attached to his hip. He tapped it while asking Mr. Sithick if there was a problem. Already knowing the answer before it came, the Chief of Security hoped it would defuse the situation without having to go hands on.

The large man turned his attention back to the conversation at hand.

"Sorry about that...please continue" he said to Khorin as the man continued recounting the story he was in the middle of.

Akoni and Ducote listened to the information coming out of the man's mouth, when Akoni had to interject for clarification.

"Okay, so what happe.." was all Kai was able to get out before his world went black as if he were a holodeck character and someone just ended the program.

[Day 2 | 2341 hrs]

[Main Sickbay | Deck 11 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy] @Auctor Lucan

Kai's world lit up again with a flash. It was like someone had flipped a switch to turn him back on. He blinked a few times to get his eyes to focus. Which seemed harder than usual, but eventually he got them to work as they should. He didn't know where he was or what had happened. All he knew was that he was laying supine and staring at the ceiling.

The large man tried to sit up, which caused an intense burning sensation to permeate throughout his torso. He winced in pain and even let out a guttural growl as he collapsed back on to the bed he was on. He tried to look around and noticed he wasn't just on a bed, it was a bio-bed. He was in sickbay.

What the hell happened? he thought to himself as he realized his head was also pounding.

He tried to sit up again, with unsurprisingly, the same result as previous.

A nurse came running over and laid her hands gently on his shoulder.

"Woah woah, just take it easy Commander" she told Kai with a smooth and calming tone of voice.
Akoni looked up at her, very much confused. He had a million questions running through his head, but there was only the most obvious one that came to the front.

"What happened?" he asked her.

The nurse looked uneasy when she heard the question and quite frankly, seemed hesitant to answer.

"You were injured sir...and we just finished patching you up."

Kai thought that didn't quite answer his question, so he pressed her for more details.
"Well..um..you see, there was an incident. There was severe shrapnel damage to your heart, pulmonary arteries, alveoli, liver and spleen. We had to put you in stasis for a day while we worked out the best way to treat your injuries. We had to give you an artificial heart and spleen. We were able to repair the other problems, but we have to keep you here for a little while for observation."

Kai had a tough time processing all the new information he had just received, but apparently he was going to recover...eventually. As his mind threw one word that she had said to the forefront, something she had glossed over rather quickly.

"Did you say shrapnel?...as in, from an explosion?" Kai had asked rather rhetorically as his brain was still processing, "But I was in the Spearhead...wait..what about everyone else?"
Lt. Cmdr. Kai Akoni     [Show/Hide]

Re: CH02: S [D02|2341] - Turning the Lights On
Reply #1
[ Vigenary Model I-9 Surgical Android | Recovery Ward | Main Sickbay | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @trevorvw 
[Show/Hide]
After receiving the soundless alert that her patient had woken up, triggered by the biobed, V-Nine stopped reviewing the medical journal of another patient and turned her cranial unit in the direction of the recovery ward.

"Oh, dear..." she said, and quickly put the PADD away so that she could talk with the Chief Security Officer, hoping that he wouldn't be overly traumatised by what had happened to him. Judging by the size of the Human specimen, she hoped he wouldn't be violent.

Yet when she stepped through the sliding doors to the ward, she saw that Leticia Jones, one of the Nurses, was already by Lietuenant Commander Wenn Cinn's side. She heard the dark-skinned woman reply to some question the Commander had posed. "Yes, a chemical explosion, not far from where you sat judging by what your officers in Security had said. Many injured, and some dead. I am sorry, Commander. You need not concern yourself though. You made it, and you need to focus on your own well-being right now. I am sure you will be briefed as soon as possible."

"I can speak with him, Nurse Jones. Thank you for seeing to him," said V-Nine in a friendly voice and made herself over to her colleague's side. The human had grown more than used to her presence in sickbay during the past month spent in repairs at Aldea, and Jones nodded with a smile before handing the PADD containing the Commander's journal to V-Nine.

"Hi, I am Vigenary Model I-9 Surgical Android, but please, call me V-Nine," she said in her chipper and pleasant tonality. "It looks like you will be making a complete recovery, which was far from certain when you first arrived here. The damage to your upper torso was extensive, but I personally oversaw the surgery in which we replaced the damaged organs. Please tell me, do you feel any discomfort? Any lingering pains or aches?"

As she asked, she raised her hand, and the index finger and thumb folded back to so that she could scan the specimen - the teal and yellow lights running over him.