Skip to main content

• 2019-08-23: Please welcome Carden to the sim in the Main OOC thread!
  • 2019-08-18: Today, a Character Survey was sent out, and all Theurgists may find new writing opportunities! Please reply before the 1st of September.
  • 2019-04-30: Season 1 has come to an end, and we have just begun to write in the Aldea Prime Anthology between Seasons. Read more in the Main OOC thread!
  • 2019-06-01: Until we've entered the Aldea Prime phase fully, with away missions launched and a means for In-Character recruitment to the hidden ship being set up, recruitment is now closed. The joining the crew page has been updated accordingly.
  • 2018-12-17: Did you know that you can change the ship displayed on the site in your Look and Layout settings? Pick your favourite ship or warp fighter! You can also add writing requests to your Forum Profile.
  • 2018-12-17: If you check your character page, and click on the Academy Class link at the bottom of the page, you can see who your character went to the Academy with. Perfect for Director's Cut board shenanigans!

Topic: Day 05 [1800 Hours] The Way You Look Tonight (Read 58 times) previous topic - next topic

Day 05 [1800 Hours] The Way You Look Tonight
[ LT Daniel Havenborn, callsign Salvo | Deck 14, Running Track Corridor | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Nolan

Daniel was keeping pace with Amelya on their now daily runs and he was quite enjoying it.  His daily routine consisted of physical training with Knight then running with Amelya and then off to breakfast and afterwards getting ready for his patrol route with his flight.  The first two days of that had been interesting, now it was routine and boring.  Daniel almost wished for something to happen to break the monotony of their boring patrol.  However right now he was enjoying spending time with the lovely doctor next to him.  "Two on your right." he called out to a crewman in front of them that they were about to pass.  For Daniel the challenge was not outrunning her but keeping to her pace, considering that he was in peak physical condition and barring anything drastic happening to him he'd likely remain that way for several years longer than most humans thanks to his enhanced genes.

As they neared the end of the corridor on their fourth lap Daniel spotted another pair of crewmen that were setting up for a run as well, it seemed that this particular corridor was a popular one.  As they finally came to the end of the track, Daniel grabbed a pair of water bottles and handed her one as he took a quick drink from his.  "I'm quite enjoying these runs with you Lieutenant."  He said.  "I was wondering however if you'd like to go out for dinner tonight, say 1800?"  He asked her.

Defeat, Genocide; why quibble with semantics.

Re: Day 05 [1800 Hours] The Way You Look Tonight
Reply #1
[ Lt Amelya Rez | Running Track Corridor | Deck 14 |  USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Havenborn

Lieutenant Daniel Havenborn had offered himself up to become a running partner to Amelya and the Trill had not refused the offer. The Tac Conn officer was easy on the eyes which was always nice and he was just a good man to have around for talking whilst doing their now morning routine jogs. Their runs weren't designed to wear one or the other out, it was just fast enough to stay in shape and maintain muscle mass while keeping condition in a prime form. It'd be dramatic if Amelya would we out of breath before shift.

The end was in sight though and as the both of them came to a step, a slight sheen of sweat was covering the Trill's cool skin. Starting to stretch, she watched Daniel take a few water bottle and she suspended her stretching as she took the bottle in hand and took a sip from it as the man spoke up. She quenched her thirst first before answering "Likewise lieutenant." she answered with a smile, still finding it funny that he called her by rank still. The next suggestion however was something she hadn't quite expected from the man as he asked her out for dinner and she narrowed her eyes slightly as she took another sip, letting him wait for his answer.

"What kind of dinner are we talking about here? A quick snack between friends in simple clothes or something more refined that requires a bit more planning?" she asked him, her voice just teasing a little to see if she could bring the pilot off balance. She placed the bottle down at the floor and continued the rest of her stretching routines as she awaited his answer and grinned.
Thomas Ravon: [Show/Hide]
Kythalie Benmual: [Show/Hide]
Amelya Rez: [Show/Hide]

Reply #2
[ LT Daniel Havenborn | Deck 14, Running Track Corridor | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Nolan

Daniel thought about the question that she had posed to him in response to his question.  In his mind he had imagined something romantic, it hadn't occurred to him that she might not be thinking along those lines until she mentioned the word friends.  Daniel never really prescribed to being friends with women.  Meony and K'Ren were women yes, but they were more like his sisters rather than women he might court, although he and Meony had courted at one time but that felt like a lifetime ago.  "Well I was thinking of maybe a nice quiet beach side dinner in the holodeck."  Daniel said as he took another drink from his water bottle.

The one place he really didn't want to go was to the planet, he'd be fine if she wanted to go to the station because he could still be in his uniform, but there were rules for visiting the planet and one of those rules stated no uniforms, plus they had to wear local clothing which he also didn't want to have to wear.  As grateful as he was to the Aldeans for helping them out, their fashion sense left much to be desired.

"Unless the Klingon station sounds better.  He added as another suggestion, anywhere but the damned planet that they were orbiting he thought to himself.
  • Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 10:35:33 AM by Havenborn
Defeat, Genocide; why quibble with semantics.

Reply #3
[ Lt Amelya Rez | Running Track Corridor | Deck 14 |  USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Havenborn 

The pilot seemed in thought at her question and Rez finished up on her stretching exercises before drinking more water herself. Her eyes moving over Daniel as he replied eventually with an answer she hadn't exactly expected. A nice quiet beach side dinner... On a holodeck. The doctor's face remained rather neutral as if she was weighing the options before she smiled and shook her head "On the holodeck?" she repeated as she ran her tongue over her teeth and against her gums as she looked out the windows to the planet they were orbiting.

She longed for some fresh air, real sand underneath her feet and the sound of an actual ocean or sea. Plus if the pilot wanted a nice setting, Aldea would provide him with plenty of that. Her eyes turned back to him as she wondered why he didn't gave up the planet as a viable option and he added a new suggestion right then to go to the station instead. Rez had to laugh this time as she shook her head and pushed a stray lock of hair back behind her ear.

"I think I'd have to decline both offers Daniel." she stated as she tried to see what kind of reaction that would bring to him "If you're insisting to take me out for dinner, I'll have it no other way than down there." she replied as she nodded to the planet outside. She walked over to the window and rested  both her hands against the ship's plating "I long for fresh air.. I'm curious about the people down on the planet, the food, their customs... We'll be on board for months to come I reckon." she thought out loud as she turned to face him again "What do you say?"
Thomas Ravon: [Show/Hide]
Kythalie Benmual: [Show/Hide]
Amelya Rez: [Show/Hide]