Skip to main content

• 2019-05-20: This week, we celebrate the 8 year old anniversary of Star Trek: Theurgy! Here is to another 8 years, and wherever the story might take us!
  • 2019-05-20: Please welcome, AlyFox, Revan and DaValle in the Main OOC thread! They are our newest Theurgists.
  • 2019-04-30: Season 1 has come to an end, and we have just begun to write in the Aldea Prime Anthology between Seasons. Read more in the Main OOC thread!
  • 2019-04-29: Please welcome back, Even Angels Cry, in the Main OOC thread! She is a returning Theurgist of old.
  • 2018-12-17: Did you know that you can change the ship displayed on the site in your Look and Layout settings? Pick your favourite ship or warp fighter! You can also add writing requests to your Forum Profile.
  • 2018-12-17: If you check your character page, and click on the Academy Class link at the bottom of the page, you can see who your character went to the Academy with. Perfect for Director's Cut board shenanigans!

Topic: SD 57563.76: Transporter Malfunction (Read 63 times) previous topic - next topic

SD 57563.76: Transporter Malfunction
[ Lt Cmdr Thomas Ravon | Geology Lab | Deck 07 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] @Numen

After having resided on Vector 01 for unofficial business, Thomas had walked over to one of the transporter rooms for a site to site transport to Vector 02. He was wearing his regular duty outfit as he roamed through the corridors and when he stood on the transport pad he asked the transport officer to bring him to the transport room in vector 02. It would be a regular transport from point A to point B and Thomas didn't think much of it as he felt the tingle of the energizing teleporter enveloping him.

When he did re materialize though, he knew exactly something was off. The ceiling was brushing against his head and he couldn't feel the transport pad underneath him as his eyes adjusted to the new environment. For a split second he was hanging in mid air., his arms extending as if wanting to level himself out before the transport sequence ended and artificial gravity took over. In free fall, he dropped down and landed. Something broke his fall as it wasn't exactly deck plating that broke his fall, yet something softer. With a groan he crawled on his hind and crouched up as he wanted to see what had happened.

A blue skinned engineer had seemingly broken his fall, her antennae having been pressed into her head before he reached his hand out to her "Oh fuck, are you alright ma'am?" he asked as he stood up slowly, his hand brushing over his left flank as he had probably landed full weight on her. His rib cage had probably interacted against her shoulders as he could feel the painful sting in between his muscles. He got back on his feet and looked the woman over, the colors of her uniform indicated that she was probably from engineering and the tools laying around indicated that she was probably fixing something here.

"I don't know what happened there..." he tried to explain his presence "Where am I?" he asked the female Andorian. A voice came through his badge though from a panicking teleport officer "Lieutenant Commander? I-I I'm sorry... It seems like a power surge intercepted your signal somehow and diverted you to that area. I-I_ I guess it was a glitch of sorts. Is someone hurt? Are you hurt? Do we need to inform medical?"
  • Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 04:31:01 PM by Nolan
Thomas Ravon: [Show/Hide]
Kythalie Benmual: [Show/Hide]
Amelya Rez: [Show/Hide]

• Numen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • " I'm trying to make science here!"
  • Awards: Awarded for participation in Part 1 of Episode 05: Courage is Fear. Awarded for participation in Part 2 of Episode 05: Courage is Fear.
Re: SD 57563.76: Transporter Malfunction
Reply #1
[ LtJr. Khelleshar sh'Zenne | Geology Lab | Deck 07 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy]
[Show/Hide]

@Nolan

Officially, there was no position on the starship. No one had approached her and offered to be part of the crew or had simply put a toolbox in her hands and kicked her butt in the direction of some malfunction that needed to be repaired. Actually, it was what Shar would have wanted. Being idle didn't go with her. Having too much free time simply gave her a headache. It gave her time for thoughts. And every time she had time to reflect, things went wrong. So, she had decided to avoid that problem. She had replicated a set of basic tools and had thrown herself into the nearest airlock. After all, that vessel was crumbling into pieces. The Andorian doubted that Ops or Engineering had many complaints about an extra pair of hands staining themselves to put some duct tape around the Jefferies. And, in case someone really HAS a complaint, it would take a long time to find her. Shar knew how to move in the tubes and it was hard to find her, if she tried to hide a bit.

So she had been dragging around deck 7 for a while. She hadn't taken any specialized tools with her, so she couldn't take care of the most complicated malfunctions she had found, but she had taken note of their location and the extent of the damage and would send a report to the Chief Operating Officer so that someone with better equipment could take care of those.

She felt almost... normal. Move forward. Repair. Inform. Move forward again. Mechanical. Methodical. Enough to divert her mind from everything that had happened since the destruction of the Endeavour. She had little fondness for the Theurgy, her ties to the ship thin and linked to her mockery of bondgroup, or what was left of it. And the remnants of the crew of her original vessel. Most of them seemed to have perched in the senior officer staff of this new starship. They had stood together and had made the decision to help the Theurgy in that crusade that it fought alone against those... Parasites or whatever they believed. Shar... Shar had been put aside. She was in a limbo, not belonging to the crew, but with nowhere to go. As her fingers wrote a damage report about an EPS conduit near intersection E-53, she wondered again if she might not defect. Maybe she could find some transportation that would take her to some system near the Federation borders and then...

Then something unexpectedly fell on her.

It was so sudden that Shar could only let out one pained puff of air. For a few second,s the Jefferies filled with a skein of arms and legs and grunts until finally the pink-skin unraveled from it and released her from his weight. The human apologized, rubbing his side and looked as out of place as an Andorian on Vulcan. The man tried to explain himself, but Shar's antennae were already tightly crushed against her scalp. "What the fuck is wrong with you, pinkskin!" she shouted, her angry voice made her unable to hear the buzz of his combadge and the explanation that emanated from it. " No longer do they teach Jefferies etiquette at the Academy? Or have you forgotten about it, you flat-footed?"

Reply #2
[ Lt Cmdr Thomas Ravon | Geology Lab | Deck 07 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] @Numen

Ravon could understand why the Andorian was so angry as he had effectively nearly crushed her under his weight. Though the anger jst kept coming as she spewed out jeffries tube etiquette, which in all honesty he had no clue about. He stood up on his feet once more as he straightened his jacket and noticed the rank on her uniform as he doubted she knew who he was. "Calm down lieutenant." he called out to her as he extended his hand to her to help her up.

"I didn't come out of the tubes, I simply got mis-transported." he tried to explain it to the blue skinned engineer "I don't know how, but clearly I didn't end up at the transport pad I was supposed to be heading to." he explained calmly "Now, did you get hurt or sustain any injuries?" he asked her with a slight hint of concern in his voice as his eyes studied the lithe framed engineer. He didn't recognize her from any prior interventions, yet it would be impossible to meet all of the crew. Yet some faces were pretty easy to catch in a crowd.

Waiting for her reply he asked a next question "Can you tell me where we are exactly lieutenant...? I'm sorry, I didn't get your name the first time." he queried as he looked around and figured he was in some kind of lab. It was a pretty odd looking lab with various stones, rocks, and other minerals in the area. Why the engineer was here would be a good guess as any. Faulty relay or something most probably.
  • Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 10:16:46 AM by Nolan
Thomas Ravon: [Show/Hide]
Kythalie Benmual: [Show/Hide]
Amelya Rez: [Show/Hide]

• Numen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • " I'm trying to make science here!"
  • Awards: Awarded for participation in Part 1 of Episode 05: Courage is Fear. Awarded for participation in Part 2 of Episode 05: Courage is Fear.
Reply #3
[ LtJr. Kelleshar sh'Zenne | Geology Lab | Deck 07 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy]
[Show/Hide]

@Nolan

When that mass of meat that had fallen over her asked her to calm down, Shar's antennae flattened further against her scalp, ruffling her short hair even more.  She sneered at the hand that was being offered and huddled into the tube by her own means, without taking her eyes off the human. Although her demeanor remained as hostile as when he had fallen on her, this time she listened to his explanations. Enough to learn that some useless transporter officer had been responsible that men began to rain over her head. "By the Water Guardian, the people in transporters are always the most useless. Transporter maltfuction? bullshit" muttered to herself as she opened a lateral panel, clearing an exit for both of them. The human didn't take a second and used it, and Shar just took a few seconds to pursue him. Just enough to pick up the few tools she was carrying and the padd she had been using so far. Unfortunately, the device had suffered the worst of the impact and the screen was irretrievably damaged. Finding out this just made the shen spit out another curse in her native tongue, which the UT was unwilling to translate.

"We were at intersection E-53, deck 7, pinkskin," he explained as she stretchedher back. Her spine sounded loudly as she did so. She didn't know how long she had been crawling through the tubes but it had to be more than she had initially planned. "As for this place...." she paused halfway through the sentence, looking around. The place was overcrowded. Rocks, minerals and something that looked like carved slats were piled up without rhyme nor reason against one of the walls. Clearly it was some kind of laboratory, but it seemed like it hadn't been used for a while and it had become a sort of warehouse where a lot of half-assed research and, most likely, a ton of space junk were piled up. "... this place... I have no idea what it is. I'm still not acquainted with the plans for this starship, to be honest." She grudgingly confessed. Finally she spun around again and nailed her pale blue eyes on the human. "Kellesar. Kelleshar sh'Zenne" she finally said, dragging the syllables into a hiss that was hardly pronounceable for a non-Andorian. "That's my name, but before you mutilate it, you can simply call me Shar," she said as an introduction, as she arched the antennae towards the human with curiosity, even though her face remained sour.