Skip to main content
Topic: Pakled Order Award Poll 2017 (Read 3983 times) previous topic - next topic

Pakled Order Award Poll 2017

Awarded to the main contributing writers in a humorous scene or situation that stands out way above the norm in terms of inducing laughter for the readers.

The poll will run for 7 days, in which those who cast their vote should take a few minutes to read the linked scenes first. The nominee(s) who get the most votes will receive the Pakled Order Award. If you are a Nominee, you may not vote on your own scene.

Here are the nominations!

1. DOC M. FOR HIS DEPICTION OF BOTH TESSA MAY LANCE AND BILLY BOB O'CONNELL

Nomination: The Pakled Order
Nominee: @Doc M.
Primary Reason: Tessa Lance and Billy Bob, and their antics in entirely too many threads to list in their entirety. 

Motivation and links: Between Tessa Lance and Billy Bob, Doc M never fails to make me laugh.  With both those characters, Doc M brings in a great deal of much needed comic relief, but without beating us over the head with gratuitous slapstick comedy, compromising the humanity and three-dimensional aspects of the characters or turning the characters themselves into buffoons whose sole reason for existing is to lighten the mood.  But he brings a levity to this sim, which to be fair tends to be pretty grim and helps keep things into perspectives, and the rest of us on our toes with the way they behave. 

https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2146.0.html@msg13120
https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,1197.0.html - Frankly, any thread with Billy Bob O'Connell.

2. KALIGOS, FOR HIS DEPICTION OF SITHICK

Nomination: The Packled Order
Nominees: @Kaligos (Sithick) @steelphoenix (Deacon)

Primary Reason (Note: same as below since two nominees were submitted): These two characters always bring a smile to my face, and generally a hearty chuckle to my lips whenever they make a post.  Perhaps the writers strive for humor, or perhaps it is accidental, but I always enjoy reading whatever threads they are in.

Motivation & Links:  Many of our characters are very serious, complicated creatures.  We write them as complex individuals who may smile from time to time, but rarely seek out humor.  For these two characters specifically, almost every post I've read has some bit of humor involved.  It may stem from their mutual lack of understanding of most of the human world and language that we are all so used to, because many of the parts I find amusing are those things that become 'lost in translation'.  Even when being serious or sensual, the authors diction often creates a singular moment of laughter which in turn makes the tone and feel of the post with those characters more enjoyable.

While almost any post by these two authors with these two characters will do, I will list a couple of my favorites.

Sithick gets Jaya to sickbay - https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2024.msg10641.html#msg10641

3. STEELPHOENIX, FOR HIS DEPICTION OF DEACON

Nomination: The Packled Order
Nominees: @Kaligos (Sithick), @steelphoenix (Deacon)

Primary Reason (Note: same as above since two nominees were submitted): These two characters always bring a smile to my face, and generally a hearty chuckle to my lips whenever they make a post.  Perhaps the writers strive for humor, or perhaps it is accidental, but I always enjoy reading whatever threads they are in.

Motivation & Links:  Many of our characters are very serious, complicated creatures.  We write them as complex individuals who may smile from time to time, but rarely seek out humor.  For these two characters specifically, almost every post I've read has some bit of humor involved.  It may stem from their mutual lack of understanding of most of the human world and language that we are all so used to, because many of the parts I find amusing are those things that become 'lost in translation'.  Even when being serious or sensual, the authors diction often creates a singular moment of laughter which in turn makes the tone and feel of the post with those characters more enjoyable.

While almost any post by these two authors with these two characters will do, I will list a couple of my favorites.

Deacon beaming aboard for the first time - https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,1202.msg10222.html#msg10222

Thank you in advance for your voting in this award category!

Best Regards,

Auctor Lucan

Simple Audio Video Embedder