Skip to main content
Topic: New Department Heads & Officers Sub-Plot Discussion (Read 3721 times) previous topic - next topic

New Department Heads & Officers Sub-Plot Discussion

New Department Heads & Officers
We have the new roles of Departmental Heads, and them trying to find their roles aboard Thea with new people reporting to them. Contention and understanding. Hostility and new friendships. Anything goes.

• Suq & O'Connell re-introduction on Day 01. - Check!
  • Personal Senior Staff interviews conducted during end of Day 01 and morning Day 02 (happens off screen, impossible to write out all these in threads for GM). - Check!
  • Senior Staff Meeting held at 1000 hrs.on Day 02 where all Senior Staff officers get their new positions and announcement is made. - Check!
  • Tovarek showing Martin around, talking to the officers in the Dept. after noon Day 02. - Status? @Nolan @Hastata-Nerada
  • Sarresh Morali unaccommodating in the Science Dept. - Status? @Brutus
  • Sarresh Morali sought out by Hi'Jak about Temp Mech talk - Status?@Brutus @Kaligos
  • After Derik's appontment as Act. Chief CONN Officer on Day 02, he promotes Jaya and offers Ensign test. - Status? @Mathis @Even Angels Cry
  • Ravenholm goes over communication logs from Starbase 84 with Keval ch'Rayya, new Chief Intelligence Officer.. - Status? See request in thread. @chXinya @DocReno
  • Counselor O'Connor, Counselor Ejek & Counselor B'Nila introduction after noon Day 02 - Status? @The Counselor @Arista @Absinthe
  • Covington & Liam Herrold introduction after noon Day 02 - Off screen, in favour of Of Valkyries & Valravns? @CanadianVet
  • Hi'Jak presents the puzzle box to the Science Dept, and they work together on trying to unravel it. GM posts the nature of the content. ;)  -  Make sure this is brought to the Coreless Moon. @Kaligos
  • Sithick transfers to the Fighter Assault Bay to become a Weapons Tech.  - Status? @Kaligos
  • Sickbay needs introductions and decisions on Head Nurse role - Status? Se below. @Zenozine @Esyel @Absinthe @TrexelCat

List updated (see date below) with suggested scenes that are pending. See below for requests and ideas.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Re: New Department Heads & Officers Sub-Plot Discussion

Reply #1
Do these take place during any specific time of day 2?  Or just whenever we have an opening?  At the moment, Jaya is free for any timeslot that works for Derik.

And am I correct in assuming that the Lone Wolves squadron is informed of all changes during the Valkyries and Valravns thread?
"Relationships are not my strong suit; I deal in evenings."
 - Jaya Thorne, Asst. Chief CONN Officer, Ensign [Show/Hide]

Reply #2
Department head speech of Ravon had clarified the new squadron chart and any changes that should be brought along with that. This to both former Lone wolves pilots and the new additions.

Reply #3
List at the top updated! :)

Two items stand out:

IDEAS FOR STARBASE 84'S COMMUNICATION LOGS?

Before Ravenholm left Starbase 84, she managed to download SB84's communication logs from the comm tower's interface. During Day 02, these logs are being decrypted as a joint venture between Ravenholm and Thea. So far, only one thing has come of this, and that's @steelphoenix 's character Deacon getting the proper medical treatment he needed since the logs revealed that he used to be less Kzin than he was when he came aboard. So, that is something beneficial from these logs.

However, I am sure we can come up with a lot of other interesting things for these logs. So, please, @DocReno , @chXinya and I need help with ideas for the contents! This, for the upcoming meeting between Keval and Ravenholm in Departmental Head Speeches.

WHAT'S HAPPENING IN SICKBAY?

Okay, so the Asst. Chief Medical Officer is in a comatose state, everyone hoping the Rez symbiont and Amelya can find a connection and wake up - the joining successful. Before this happens, the Devoted can make an attempt for her life, but I need characters in Medical that I can work with to tell that story. :) Anyone of you willing, @Zenozine @Esyel @Absinthe or @TrexelCat (And @Doc M. if after 1400 hrs.)?

Then, we have Head Nurse Hylota Vojona who laid eggs during the battle, will she remain Head Nurse or will Jovela have to step in? Is she ready for that, in that case? Either way, I figure we need to establish this, and we could do it in conjunction with the attack on Amelya Duv/Rez as mentioned above. Furthermore, because of her involvement in the Pheonix Project, Hylota Vojona might be a target for the Devoted as well (them having an issue with what was done to Sarresh Morali). @Zenozine & @Esyel What do you think about this?

Looking forward to hearing from you all in regard to these plots. :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #4
I will definitely be more than willing to write as Jovela for the medical story.

As tempting as it is to accept an easy way back into her position of Head Nurse ... nah. Jovela would wanna make sure she rightfully earned that. Namely without the use of bribes or 'oh but you're the most experienced person we have around' types of scenarios. :P

So I would be more than willing to give Hylota Vojona the chance to keep her post first. If, however, she absolutely must step down, then Jovela will accept the role.

Reply #5
WHAT'S HAPPENING IN SICKBAY?
Sickbay has exploded! Death and destruction are everywhere and worst of all the replicators are broken! No more mint tea! THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END I TELL YOU!

On a more serious note. I'm in. Just point me at it and tell me which eye to poke. Could be interesting if Eve gets summoned in the middle of a fight in sickbay, or even in the middle of someone trying to kill someone else. One thing she retains from the Mk I is: "Not in my sickbay." and she will do her damnedest to stop it, all while causing as little harm as possible. Can also use Eve as a distraction. She's been offline for a good amount of time, some might have even forgotten she was there.

Reply #6
Hey,
 I am all for B'Nila getting introduced sometime soon. I think the mental health of everyone on the ship is in serious question.

As for Lahkesis being much use in Sickbay, I am up for her being around in the scenes, but with her current failing mental state I don't see her being much good in a stressful situation.

Reply #7
This will be an excellent chance for Maya to rejoin the sickbay team and regain their trust.

Reply #8
I would like to let Hylota remain as head nurse, as she is not going to be dealing with hatched eggs for a while and then the eggs will only hatch tadpole like infants that will take time to fully grow.

I would like to have Hylota be targeted, seeing as she has just been unhappy with how she was unable to work during the fighting. She would be taking her work extra serious as to prove she deserves her post.

Reply #9
Hey,
 I am all for B'Nila getting introduced sometime soon. I think the mental health of everyone on the ship is in serious question.

As for Lahkesis being much use in Sickbay, I am up for her being around in the scenes, but with her current failing mental state I don't see her being much good in a stressful situation.

That is the understatement of the century! LOL!

Were seriously, I am excited to have you writing a counselor.   There is a thread in which Hayden is going to meet with Ejeck.  Maybe you could join that one? Or we can do our own thread. Whatever works for you.

Simple Audio Video Embedder