Skip to main content
Topic: Day 32 [0900 hrs.] Further Steps  (Read 5585 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Day 32 [0900 hrs.] Further Steps

Reply #25
[Lt. Cmdr. Hathev |Chief Counselors Office| Deck 11 | Vector 02 | U.S.S. Theurgy] Attn: @Stegro88 

Hathev sat back in her chair, allowing Mickayla the time she needed to work through it.  The Klingon flushed, something Hathev had never seen in a Klingon before and as she continued to process, Hathev, did not see a broken victim struggling with her sense of self.  In her place, the Vulcan saw a young woman coming into her own as she fought through the adversity.

How Klingon, she thought to herself.  She found her battle.  Not on a field with phasers and disruptors and Bath’Leths, but in her own head with her sense of self, companionship, and acceptance, battling the fear, anxiety, and post traumatic stress of her violation.  The crew had taken to calling the incident with the Savi a “correction”.  The term was highly inaccurate.  The Savi might have used it, but that implied that something needed to be corrected, a false premise by any objective sense.  No, this had been an assault, a battle this Klingon warrior had lost.  One that led to an entirely different battle, one that she was very clearly winning.

The war for Mickayla MacGregor was not over, of that Hathev was certain.  But for now this victory, a significant one at that, was more than enough.

“No,” Hathev agreed.  “There are no strings.”

A soothing but insistent chime drew her attention.  With practiced ease, Hathev pressed a button on her armchair’s console, silencing it immediately.  The Vulcan did not have to look at it to know what it meant.

“I regret that we are out of time for today, Mickayla.  Know that I am proud of you and the progress you have made.  I continue to encourage you to continue on this journey, make choices that are healthy and good for you, and worry less about what others might think.”

Re: Day 32 [0900 hrs.] Further Steps

Reply #26
[ CPO Mickayla MacGregor | Chief Councillor's Office | Deck 11 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy | Aldea ] Attn: @P.C. Haring
[Show/Hide]

“Pinocchio!” Mickayla exclaimed silently almost as soon as she had finished speaking. “Access to centuries of history from multiple civilisations and you pick a 20th children’s film for inspiration. Let’s hope that Hathev hasn’t seen it and takes the more obvious meaning of what you have said.” Taking a moment to reflect, Mickayla felt calmer at this point in her weekly session with the Vulcan than she had at the same point in her any of her prior ones. It was as if a weight had been removed from her shoulders. Hathev confirmed her statement even as the now familiar chime sounded that signalled the end of their session.

"I regret that we are out of time for today, Mickayla.  Know that I am proud of you and the progress you have made.  I continue to encourage you to continue on this journey, make choices that are healthy and good for you, and worry less about what others might think."

“Thank you,” Mickayla acknowledged, blushing slightly at the unexpected praise once more. Not immediately coming up with a response for the Vulcan’s words, the Klingon instead recovered her fallen dress and slipped it back over her head, shivering visibly as the fabric caressed her bare skin as it fell to the floor to once again conceal her body. Slipping her sandals back on, Mickayla turned to look at Hathev again.

“I don’t think I could be any other way now. I wouldn’t be happy with myself if I were. I may not fit in anywhere at all. But now I know that I don’t have to,” Mickayla stated. “As before, I will book another session with the receptionist. I will see you next week.”

With nothing else to say, Mickayla strode from the room, her dress once again billowing out to match her stride.

~FIN~

Simple Audio Video Embedder