Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 357269 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #3151
THE BATTLE OF THE APERTURES IS UNDERWAY!

Here are the relevant threads, and you should all have somewhere to post now (all except for those on the Versant, who have a thread ongoing already). Please make sure you read the OOC notes for more information in the starters. :)

Battle of the Apertures (relevant post linked):
https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2542.msg20664.html#msg20664

No Milk Run
https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2574.0.html

Space Trash Rampage
https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2575.0.html

Storm Glass
https://uss-theurgy.com/forum/index.php/topic,2576.0.html

Soon, I will be posting objectives and tasks in all these threads, giving your characters stuff to handle in a way you like them to, giving you creative freedom in achieving those objectives. :) Stay tuned, but now, you should start up posting and setting the scenes for your characters! 7 days have begun in Storm Glass, for example, as well as in No Milk Run and the bridge scene in Battle of the Apertures. Remember to have fun! Not often a situation like this comes along, so have at it!

Oh, and the Versant is due to arrive soon as well, perhaps even changing the tide of the battle....

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3152
EPISODE 05 SITUATION PAGE UPDATED!

Now that the battle has begun, this page below has been updated. If you have any requests or ideas to add, or want to make any changes, please PM me and I hope we'll be sorted out. Please let me know if I got any location wrong too, lol!

Episode 05 Situation Page

I take this opportunity to remind those who write characters on the Main Bridge to post asap in Chapter 05: Battle of the Apertures. There is no need to wait for orders etc. The unfolding scene itself should be enough to write about, not to mention the initiatives to report findings or make suggestions etc. to Captain Cinn. Have at it! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3153
MULTI'S MEMBERSHIP HAS BEEN TERMINATED

Over the course of this writer's membership at the Theurgy sim, he has ceaselessly overstepped the bounds of character abilities and realism. While energetic and enthusiastic, and not in the least hostile, he ceaselessly caused disruptions. It was noticed early on that he wasn't experienced with this kind of writing, but it has been the lasting hope that he'd adapt and improve, and truly grow into the writing style required on a site like this. This sim endeavour to deliver quality writing opportunities to its members and to keep the creative environment in its appropriate tone and Star Trek realism.

Yet given the unchangeable nature of this writer, and the many times he has been encouraged to improve - with many hours spent on trying to make him adapt - enough has to be enough.

There have been a total of 12 complaints made because of the aforementioned issues, and it has become clear that his inexperience as a writer in a group environment has become too disruptive to ignore. I need to stress that it's not that Multi has been intentionally rude. Quite he opposite, and that's why this decision had not been easy.

The heart of the issue was that his great energy consonantly needed to be directed, both by co-writers and yours truly. So, since Multi wasn't able to direct his creativity and energy on his own, others have been forced to do so, and that's not what this sim was made for. This sim wasn't made for writers that are so very inexperienced in writing with a lot of other people.

The characters of Multi's own creation (Gideon Drake and Hana D'Marque) will not be put up for inheritance by another writer, but instead removed from the story by some means at the earliest possible convenience. The characters that aren't of his creation - Rawley and Six - will be NPC:ed by the Game Moderator until they are adopted by another writer.

Multi has been advised to try and focus on writing stories of his own first. He still has great potential as a writer, but his talent don't work within the constraints of this writing environment. I wish him well in all his future writing endeavours, and I am sorry that he couldn't adapt to our kind of storytelling.

Here are the characters now available for inheritance:

Lt. JG Evelyn Rawley          Wolf-02 [Ghost] (NPC) (V02)

- Former Writer:
Multificionado

Ens. Six                      Forensic Science Officer (NPC) (V03)

- Former Writer:
Multificionado

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3154
PLEASE WELCOME OUR NEWEST THEURGIST, LEX DALTON!

Today, a new Theurgist joins us, and this in the form of @Lex Dalton , who will be taking over Nurse Jovela!

Lt. JG Jovela                Nurse (V02)

- Writer:
Lex Dalton

While Jovela may have been in stasis from injuries during the majority of the story so far, the fact remains that she’s a character that goes all the way back to Episode 01. With this in mind, @Lex Dalton has some reading to do still, so please give them some time to wrap their head around the story so far. Still, they have taken their time to make some edits to Jovela in terms of her characteristics and personality, along with some details in her background story. I like the update in how it deals with consequences for her injuries, and how she will be seeing a counselor to overcome some of her issues.

Welcome aboard, @Lex Dalton , and if you care to chat, we tend to hang out on our Discord server, which you can find in the top menu.

Best Regards.

Auctor Lucan

PS. Since I am doing this membership approval over my tablet, being on a skiing vacation, I will have to add your name to the Crew Manifest when I get home. All other pages should, however, be updated by now! DS.

Reply #3155
Welcome!
Nator 159: "I accept no responsibility for the ensign's manifest stupidity. Sir." [Show/Hide]
Ranaan Ducote: "A ship is a home; its crew a family." [Show/Hide]
T'Less: "Your odds of prevailing against us are... slim." [Show/Hide]
Valkra: "Come! We will shake the gates of Sto'Vo'Kor!" [Show/Hide]

Reply #3156
Welcome to the group!

I look forward to writing with you.
Lieutenant Vanya - Science Officer - Zoology/XenoZoology
[Show/Hide]

Lieutenant Junior Grade Zark – Security Officer – Combat Medic
[Show/Hide]

Reply #3158
Welcome to the crew @Lex Dalton! Jovelia is one of the main members of the Medical Team so I’m really looking forward to working with you in the future! :D
Elro Kobol  - Chief Medical Officer - USS Theurgy - [Show/Hide]

Otheusz - Grey Scars Pirate - USS Theurgy - [Show/Hide]

Y'Lev - Syndicate Dominus - USS Theurgy - [Show/Hide]

Reply #3159
Welcome aboard Lex.  Let those of us with characters in the medical department know if you need a "recovery scene" before the big battle so Jovela can get back on duty.

Reply #3163
Thanks for the welcome all, I have a ton of reading to do. A "recovery scene" would be great and give me a chance to make a load of posting mistakes before getting onto duty!

Reply #3165
There's nothing little about our ship! Oh hai Lex! Welcome aboard! Looking forward to writing with you, and please don't hesitate to scream for help.

Reply #3166
Welcome Lex, I'm the other newbie here but it'sa great community and I'm sure you'll fit in well here. Look forward to writing with you in the future :)

Reply #3167
@Kinvarus! I am so sorry! I forgot to roll out the welcome mat for you too! Gah! If you need any help or just wanna talk or just wanna, I dunno, pet a hamster, don't be a stranger!

Reply #3168
Hahahdon't worry Triage it's all good :) Thanks! and I'm always up for petting an adorable hamster :D

Reply #3171
WELCOME BACK, IRONFERROX!

Today, I have the distinct pleasure of announcing the return of an old Theurgist. One who joined at the end of Episode 01. Namely...

Lt Cmdr. Miles Renard         Former Wolf Leader [Wolf-XX]

- Writer:
IronFerrox

Indeed, @IronFerrox has returned to us! Miles Renard, who is his remaining character, will be reappearing during the Battle of the Apertures, flying a Valkyrie do damaged his power signature resembles some small civilian freighter. As for how the character survived, it will be revealed IC over time. In any case, please give your warm welcome back, and expect Miles Renard - the Lone Wolves' former SCO - to appear soon in Space Trash Rampage. :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Simple Audio Video Embedder