Skip to main content
Topic: Main OOC Thread  (Read 357435 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Main OOC Thread

Reply #3100
I had a particularly bad internet blackout (Via a power line transformer which overloaded and shut down a couple of square blocks' worth of power for a day but was eerily beautiful to watch when it happened) shorty after Christmas. Running my wifi for my laptop on Android (which was charging at the time, also afflicted) was very spotty, so I took care of both matters best I could-- because Winter Semester began this week, and I had to sort out my schedule, on one-bar internet to a high-volume registration site. But I got my schedule set in stone as of today.

Which, I have to say is a matter of some note: I'm going to regiment my time, but on weekends, I have more of a writing schedule. I'll be on more often as each week rolls by, particularly Thursdays and weekends between study and homework. It's a rough first week, but maybe it'll smoothen out and I'll have more time to balance.

I'm sorry about the setbacks but time to get a move on, luckily it was the holidays :P . I was particularly waiting to see how 'new pack' went on. And... hehe, others.

Welcome back, HN!
Lt. Commander Leon "Striker" Marquez
Chief Tactical Officer, USS Theurgy
"No one left behind."

Ensign James "Jimmy" Mariner
Security Officer, USS Theurgy
"Showtime!"

Lieutenant (J.G.) Alessia "Angel" Garcia
Valravn Fighter Pilot, USS Theurgy
"You're not the only one with a gun,"

Reply #3101
COME SEE THE BABY SCION!

Check this out! @Numen made this: :)

It's a baby Scion, and it's now an emoji on Discord as well. Should we name it? For now, it's at least Chibi Scion.

Thank you so much Numen for this contribution to the sim: a little Scion mascot! lol

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3104
WELCOME BACK, HASTATA-NERADA! WE'VE MISSED YOU! IF YOU NEED ANYTHING WE'RE ALL HERE FOR YOU. Also, be wary of eating grey goop, it might be a former crewmate. OTHER THAN THAT, HAVE FUN!!!

Reply #3105
Love the Scion!

Good work Numen!
Lieutenant Vanya - Science Officer - Zoology/XenoZoology
[Show/Hide]

Lieutenant Junior Grade Zark – Security Officer – Combat Medic
[Show/Hide]

Reply #3106
I concur. :D Excellent job!

Reply #3107
NEW RAWLEY IMAGES

@Multificionado contacted @Absinthe , asking for new character images where Evelyn Rawley had some longer hair, and here is the result! I merely helped out with some backgrounds and lighting effects. Here she is in her new look!

Lt. JG Evelyn Rawley          Wolf-02 [Ghost] (V02)

- Writer:
Multificionado

Since she came out of stasis, Rawley began to use a wig, which had longer hair than depicted above. The above is, however, her real hair, which has grown out over time since the Theurgy fled Earth. Soon in the story, Rawley will be ditching the wig and just have her natural hair-length instead.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3108
Just want to give everyone a heads up that I may not be able to get tags out this week. I'm trying to get some free time in the evenings but a major IT project (that's been in the works since last October and impacts over 200 users) is going live Thursday morning so I'm buried in last minute tests and validation of peripheral items to ensure a smooth transition onto the new platform.

Once this is out of the way we don't have any major projects planned for the first half of FY 2019 so things should calm down a bit. We're also hiring a new IT person for one division, along with two more in the spring if we hear about contracts in the next two weeks. :) That means less brushfires to fight (for me) and more time to focus on what I do best. :) And that means actually getting home at a normal hour, always a bonus.

Reply #3109
COME SEE MULTI'S NEW CHARACTER: HANA D'MARQUE!

Today, @Multificionado added his fourth character to the sim, in the form of Hana D'Marque!

Ens. Hana D'Marque              Science Officer

- Writer:
Multificionado

She is one of the survivors of the Bellerophon, and even before that, she was a survivor of another ordeal entirely. One that still stays with her, despite her attempts of recovery. This scientist has her forte in the geosciences, and might become a great complement for the Science Department. That is, is she won't end up in the brig...

Looking forward to reading her story, @Multificionado ! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3110
@Multificionado Awesome looking new character!
Elro Kobol  - Chief Medical Officer - USS Theurgy - [Show/Hide]

Otheusz - Grey Scars Pirate - USS Theurgy - [Show/Hide]

Y'Lev - Syndicate Dominus - USS Theurgy - [Show/Hide]

Reply #3112
SEVEN DAYS UNTIL THE BATTLE OF THE APERTURES BEGIN FOR THE THEURGY

Today, you can read how Captain Wenn Cinn made the decision on where the Theurgy would go (unfortunately, it wasn't to Risa):

Chapter 05: The Battle of the Apertures [ Day 06 | 1005 hrs. ]

With this post, now that we are on course towards the apertures in the heart of the Azure Nebula at a warp speed of 9.95 (which is as fast as the Theurgy can go atm due to all the damage), 7 days of posting now begin where all reactions to Captain Wenn's decision should be posted on the bridge. When 7 days have passed, I will turn the hands of time one hour forward in this Chapter 5 thread, and the Theurgy will join the Battle of the Apertures. Please bear in mind that Martok and his fleet plus the Cayuga will have been fighting the Borg Queen for that hour, so please mind the debris field when we drop out of warp. :)

This post also opens up for Supplemental threads set between 1005 and 1110 hrs on Day 06, which is the time for this last leap through the Azure Nebula. These threads should have the naming convention CH05: S [D06|XXXX] Insert Title, and it is the last chance you all have to write any scenes prior to the battle. Bridge officers may call in relief officers in order to leave the bridge for such scenes, of course. The only thing important to keep in mind, is that at 1100 hrs., the Red Alert will be sounded, meaning all hands to battle stations, since it would only be 10 minutes until they drop out of warp. So, the threads you may write in the hour between 1005 and 1110 hrs must have a Red Alert at 1100 hrs., if the scene is depicted at that minute.

Hope this announcement finds you all well, and have a great day! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3114
HERE IS STEGRO88'S FOURTH CHARACTER: SAMALA!

@Stegro88 has added his fourth character to the sim today as well! Here is Lorad's sister, Samala. :)

Samala                        Civilian (V01)

- Writer:
Stegro88

She was on the same shuttle as Lorad, but she's been in stasis on Vector 01 since Lorad came aboard. Samala will be taken out of stasis just in time for the Battle of the Apertures, since she'll aid the Theurgy crew in getting that Reman cloaking device operational. Looking forward to reading her story!

Have fun writing her, @Stegro88 ! :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3117
Whoa!
So. That's a Remulan. Most impressive.

Update -- I just got a new internet provider... And It's a major solution to so many obstacles :D
Lt. Commander Leon "Striker" Marquez
Chief Tactical Officer, USS Theurgy
"No one left behind."

Ensign James "Jimmy" Mariner
Security Officer, USS Theurgy
"Showtime!"

Lieutenant (J.G.) Alessia "Angel" Garcia
Valravn Fighter Pilot, USS Theurgy
"You're not the only one with a gun,"

Reply #3119
Both the new characters look interesting. I look forward to reading and interacting with them. Good work guys.
Lieutenant Vanya - Science Officer - Zoology/XenoZoology
[Show/Hide]

Lieutenant Junior Grade Zark – Security Officer – Combat Medic
[Show/Hide]

Reply #3120
GENERAL RULES UPDATE

The following has been added to our General Rules because of popular interest:

A non-player character (NPC), also known as a non-playable character, is any character in the story which is not controlled/owned by a single player. NPCs in Star Trek: Theurgy are available to be included in the posts of all writers, with a few common sense exceptions, like Story NPCs (commonly controlled by the GM) and the pets belonging to the characters of other writers. Such pets are not listed on the NPC pages, but instead available on the character pages of the aforementioned characters. It is also common sense that relatives and spouses belonging to the characters of other writers are off limits unless you get permission from that writer.
This text has also been added to our NPC page on the wiki. I prefer to not go into deeper detail than this, keeping at "common sense" level. It goes without saying that NPC abuse will not be tolerated. Abuse is determined on a case-to-case basis.

This addition was not made because any NPCs were being abused, but a result of ironing out the existence of "pets" like Albert and Sharky. :)

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3121
Coolio.

Maybe my brain is still fried from work yesterday but was there a pre-existing guidelines around the creation of NPC's? Do we have to get approval to create an NPC? Or can we create the NPC with a basic blurb about them and faceclaim, then upload them to the wiki? I know I followed some guideline when I first made Kala as an NPC, just don't recall off the top what that was. :)

Reply #3122
Hi!

It's always been free to create an NPC entry in the NPC pages in the wiki database, just writing a paragraph or two and picking an image from SciFi Avatars or some such, as long as due credit is given to the source. The faceclaims or NPCs are not really claimed, since as soon as someone wants to make a PC with that face, the NPCs image has to be removed or changed to something else.

Key here is moderation. We should not waste time making NPCs unless they are critical or needed for something specific. Focus should be on writing our PCs.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Reply #3123
I won't go overboard, scout's honor. :)

Also, so everyone knows the insane day I had Thursday is done, the project went off pretty good. Could have gone smoother but it didn't go as sideways as I was bracing for. Still a long day. In the 24hr period from 6pm Wednesday when migration started, to 6pm Thursday when I finally got home, I slept all of maybe 5hrs, and ended the 24hr period with a 3hr highway drive home so I was pretty bagged Firday at work. :)

I am finally settled again to life so will be responding to tags in the next 24hrs. Lot of posting to catch up on reading

Reply #3124
TRITON'S MEMBERSHIP HAS BEEN TERMINATED

The reports about this Theurgist's behaviour towards his fellow members have been numerous, varying in degree of infraction upon our rules over the past couple of years, but, with the two most recent reports about his conduct, his membership has been terminated.

The Star Trek: Theurgy sim endeavour to deliver quality writing opportunities to its members and to keep the creative environment on the site safe, friendly, and professional. This community hold itself to high standards of ethical conduct in an effort to ensure our members feel welcome. Therefore, it is required that members never engage in inappropriate behaviour e.g. sexual discrimination, emotional abuse, threats or disruptive speech.

Given the long and unchangeable nature of this Theurgist's inappropriate behaviour in this sim, and the many times he has been encouraged to improve, it has been decided that a Discord ban is not enough to preserve the health of this community. While he will be free to use the characters of his own creation in another sim (Leon Marquez and James Mariner), they will will not be put up for inheritance by another writer. Instead, they will be removed from the story by lethal means at the earliest possible convenience, so that their positions open up for other characters.

The pilot character that isn't of his creation (Lt. JG Alessia Garcia) will be NPC:ed by me until it is adopted by another writer. She can now be found on the Available Characters page.

Lt. JG Alessia Garcia         Wolf-10 [Angel] (NPC) (V02)

- Original Writer:
Dam025

These decisions are never easy, but with great respect towards the writers that have been abused by this Theurgist, and with no sign of improvement happening, enough is - eventually - enough.

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Simple Audio Video Embedder