Skip to main content
Topic: CH03: S [D06|0910] Replacements (Read 4999 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CH03: S [D06|0910] Replacements

Reply #25
[ Lt JG Alessia Garcia - Callsign "Angel" | Fighter Assault Bay | Squadron Briefing Room | Deck 16 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ]
@Multificionado @Nolan @Firefox013 @Havenborn @Doc M. @Stegro88 @patches @Fife @The Ostrich @Vox

Angel returned the greeting, though she was amused slightly at her reputation. Good to know it was the one she'd had in her post- graduation years. "Infamous, huh?" Alessia smirked at the Trill, looking her up and over with a toothy grin then she shrugged, greeting in formal Andorian out of familiarity with a heel-click and chin-up salute stance that the martial species used as a common greeting, despite her lack of antennae, she avoided looking at the RIO's stub and didn't dare offend by questioning his efficiency without the perceived ability to balance.

Alessia turned a half-smile back as they reminisced. "Scylla's being generous. When the Odyssey was destroyed, the Hornet became one of the first Venture-classes. Skipper needed runabout drivers. Competition to get aboard his ship for anyone with a grudge against the Dominion was like initiation to the Yan-Isleth: get good and get noticed." The Imperial Honor-Guard and Something of a rival to the Andorian counterpart was mentioned when she heard Rawley bragging about her new weapon, which drew Angel to lead with a regard in the Scot's direction with just the halfmost of smug expressions. "Sometimes you gotta roll the hard six to get into a position to kick some ass. It is what it is."  She said in Ghost's direction, in some thing of an 'I heard that!' tone.

Lt. Commander Leon "Striker" Marquez
Chief Tactical Officer, USS Theurgy
"No one left behind."

Ensign James "Jimmy" Mariner
Security Officer, USS Theurgy
"Showtime!"

Lieutenant (J.G.) Alessia "Angel" Garcia
Valravn Fighter Pilot, USS Theurgy
"You're not the only one with a gun,"

Reply #26
Lt. JG Donna ‘Chance’ Petterson | Briefing Room | Fighter Assault Bay | Deck 16 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ]
[Show/Hide]

“Finally, now we are getting somewhere,” Donna thought to herself as the Ensign blushed and apologised before beginning to tap away at her PADD. While the yeoman was busy, Donna took a moment to glance at Isel. She owed so much to the Vulpinian that Donna wasn’t sure she would ever be able to wipe that slate clean. And then the Ensign was apologising again. “What now?”

“Borg?” Donna blurted, unable to restrain herself. “What Borg threat? The intelligence briefing we received aboard the Dauntless didn’t mention anything about a Borg threat. And as far as I know of, no one has seen or heard from the Borg since Voyager’s return.” “Some have even thought that the Borg might even be gone for good,” added silently. Her mind began to race at this new information, trying to form new conclusions as her training taught her but she forced herself to calm. She was no longer in a position to do anything. She was a fighter pilot now, not an undercover operative. She had her mission and now she needed to live long enough to complete it.

“Sometimes I miss the old days,” Donna noted to herself. “Back then, the information I gathered meant something. And if I needed help, I had a way to get it. But now, now I’m on my own, aboard a renegade ship with a crew that doesn’t fully trust me. And I am trying to deliver a message that I don’t even know the contents of, to a man that everyone is calling a traitor. Have I lost my mind?”

OOC: No one has told Chance about the Borg yet (laugh)

Reply #27
[Lieutenant JG Evelyn Rawley, callsign "Ghost" | Fighter Assault Bay | Squadron Briefing Room | Deck 16 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy] Attn: @Nolan @Triage @Triton @Stegro88 @Havenborn @Doc M. @The Ostrich @patches @Fife @Firefox013 @Vox
[Show/Hide]

"Borg?" Donna blurted, unable to restrain herself. "What Borg threat? The intelligence briefing we received aboard the Dauntless didn't mention anything about a Borg threat. And as far as I know of, no one has seen or heard from the Borg since Voyager's return."

Rawley whirled at hearing Donna blurted out. It occurred to her that neither she nor the new Wolves knew anything about the Borg threat. She excused herself and approached Donna to explain.

“Pardon, Donna, I cannae help but hearing yeh, bellowing aboot the Borg,” she said. “Allow me to explain: We picked up some refugees from an attack from the Borg. Their starship, the Endeavour, was destroyed, and they had been following the cube’s signature to its point of origins when we came across them. We foond proof of the attack from their logs and such, and we followed their signature to the center of the Azure Nebula, where we foond these apertures, enabling the Borg to make their way from the Delta Quadrant. Granted, we stumbled across a Klingon flagship commandeered by Chancellor Martok, and how we pissed him off, I have no idea, but I saw a cube going into one of those apertures as we scarpered.

“From what I hear since we’ve reintegrated with the ‘Stallion,’ Vector Three, if you will, that vector came across a starship attacked by the Borg, the Cayuga, Anya Zeigler’s ship, who was Theurgy’s former first officer. Fortunately, they were still alive, the ‘Stallion’ helped their arses, and they sent the Captain’s Yacht, the Allegiant, to follow traces of the Borg. The cube I mentioned earlier, it was following it. So we’ve determined that the Borg have cropped up in two places. For all we know, they’ve been scoping oot the Nebula, maybe using it, and the apertures, to mount a staging ground for a full-scale invasion. The whole Alpha Quadrant will be screwed unless we do something.

“I can understand that we haven’t heard aboot the Borg for some years,” she added. “Seems like, sooner or later, they just crop back up again. Almost makes me think of vermin; no matter how much we stamp them out, they come back sooner or later.

"Who mentioned the Borg to yeh?" she asked, before she realized who Donna was talking to before her bellow of surprise, and she turned to Ensign Henshaw. "Oh, sorry, Ensign. Might have mentioned it before, but I heard Donna mention the Borg; dinnae yeh think a thorough explanation was in order, particularly for the new Wolves in the pack?"

“It must be ironic, innit?" she added with a scoff, "Starfleet’s Most Wanted, and yet whole lot of us are the bloody quadrant’s only hope.”

OOC: Having noticed Stegro's OCC note that nobody's told Donna about the Borg yet, I felt it could be a good idea that someone would explain to her about the Borg threat. If there's anything in the post that needs changing, let me know via PM.

Reply #28
[ Ens. Cameron Henshaw | Fighter Assault Bay | Briefing room | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Nolan, @Stegro88 & @Fife
[Show/Hide]
Mentally kicking herself for assuming things, Cam realized that no one had briefed Donna about the Borg yet. What was she to expect? The woman had just come in from a tussle with Task Force Archeron and now they'd barely landed before more bad news was being unloaded. Fortunately, it seemed like Evelyn was more than happy to provide the entire spiel, sparing the Yeoman. But anytime Donna looked towards her, she merely nodded in agreement or confirmation of whatever the pilot was saying. She clutched her padd to her chest and sighed, “Welcome to the Theurgy,” said Cam in a cynical tone, “soon to be renamed Murphy.”

Because anything that can go wrong will go wrong here.

“Martok's livid with us,” said Cam to Evelyn, “because he blames us for the death of his son. The away team at the Coreless Moon had run afoul of a Klingon squadron led by Drex, and from the debriefing of Sera vers Aldnoah, Tessa May Lance, Eliska Bremmer and James Mariner, there were remnant structures of an ancient civilization there, whose defense mechanisms still worked and activated upon contact and interaction by one Heather McMillan. The ensuing result was a high energy defense using a powerful weaponized light amplification that has never been seen before which took out all Klingon ships within proximity to the moon.”

She shook her head and looked towards Donna, “You honestly came to us at the worst possible time. Captain Ives and a significant portion of our crew, the majority of them of hybrid origins and even our ship's AI, has been taken. Captain Wenn now commands, and we're dealing with the discovery of the Borg presence, as Rawley just explained. Leadership will deliberate on the best course of action, but I think it's rather obvious a choice to make. Will you need anything?”

Reply #29
[ Ensign Isel “Foxfire” Nix | Briefing Room | Fighter Assault Bay | Deck 16 | Vector 02 || USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Stegro88 @Triage @Multificionado
[Show/Hide]
Isel had listened to both Ensign Henshaw and Lieutenant Rawley’s explanations in dead silence, her eyes staring blankly at the two as they spoke. Donna’s initial outburst had more or less summed up her own feelings at first hearing the news about the Borg presence, though now that the details had been explained more thoroughly, those words no longer seemed adequate. Not by a long shot.

”Well, I have to say…” Isel began, desperately trying to keep her voice calm, ”that this all sound like… what’s the word I’m looking for?” Isel paused, her eyes rolling upwards theatrically as she played at thinking of a word that would be an apt descriptor, her hand coming up to tap a finger against her bottom lip. ”Ah, yes!” she exclaimed after a moment, snapping her fingers at though she’d come to some great conclusion. ”Like a complete and utter cluster fuck! The words sounded odd, delivered as they were in a tone which dripped with cheerful sarcasm. As Isel turned her gaze to Donna, her eyes flashed a mixture of concern, fear, and burning fury. ”I swear to fuck, Donna! The next time you fucking take me somewhere, it had better involve warm sandy beaches, strong fucking drinks, and little to no fucking clothing! None of this taking to to strange ships full of traitors with everyone trying to kill and apparently now assimilate us! Fuck!”

Isel turned her attention back to Henshaw then, shaking her head ever so slightly. ”Man, you guys don’t do anything half-assed around here, do you? You’ve got an entire Starfleet task force up your ass, the Borg about to invade the entire goddamn quadrant and some angry Klingons thrown into the mix just to spice things up?”

Isel sighed, his shoulders sagging and her tail drooping towards the deck. ”Fuck me… I need a drink…”

Reply #30
[Lieutenant JG Evelyn Rawley, callsign "Ghost" | Fighter Assault Bay | Squadron Briefing Room | Deck 16 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy] Attn: @Nolan @Triage @Triton @Stegro88 @Doc M. @Havenborn @Fife @The Ostrich @Firefox013 @Vox @patches
[Show/Hide]

Rawley took in Henshaw’s words and was taken aback by what she heard.

“The Chancellor blames us lot for the death of his son, when it transpired some booby trap in some husk of a moon killed him?” she said, gobsmacked. That explained a lot, but it still took her aback.

She remembered hearing the drone lass earlier bringing up viewscreen footage of a sortie with Asurians; perhaps if she could ask Ensign Six to find viewscreen footage of what happened, or footage from one of the fighters detailed what happened to Martok’s son, and copy the recording to show the Chancellor? It could be handy evidence to prove the Theurgy wasn’t responsible for the lad’s demise.

Before Rawley knew it, a white-haired lass at Donna’s side burst out into a foul-mouthed tirade worthy of Rawley to make. Judging from those words, she must be Donna’s wingmate, as well as girlfriend. Rawley nodded in understanding at what the lass had to say.

“Aye,” she said, “There’s rarely a half-arsed mo’ that doesn’t slip by, lass. Though, in me experience, most of the time we dinnae go looking for trouble. Trouble usually finds us.”

At mention that she needed a drink, Rawley added, “Yeh can grab a bevie in the lounge if yeh like, the lounge isn’t far from this room, but dinnae get yerself pished, we may need t’ be called up at a mo’s notice.”

Turning back to Donna, she said, “Yeh got yerself a nice lass, Donna.”

Then to Henshaw, she added in an undertone, “Henshaw, if Martok does blame us, we need to give him ample proof that we are not responsible; it’s genuinely possible we’ll run into him again, he’s nae gonna forget us in a hurry. Yeh remember that drone lass earlier, back at the Whetstone, and that show of the Stallion’s sortie? If yeh can get her t’ find footage of what happened to Drex, either from the Theurgy, or one of our fighters…we need a copy of that footage to show the Chancellor, t’ prove we didn’t kill Drex.”

Reply #31
[ Tessa May Lance, callsign:  Goldeneye | Fighter Assault Bay | Briefing room | Deck 16 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Nolan@Multificionado @Havenborn @Triton @Doc M. @Stegro88 @patches @Fife @Firefox013 @The Ostrich @Vox

Tessa had simply been silently meandering around and aimlessly listening in on snatches of the other pilots’ conversations.  When did she become so socially awkward?  Back when she was a teenager, she had always been one of the ‘popular girls’.  Now she was the lowest on the pecking order, regardless of what rank pips she had on her collar.  It was almost as if the other pilots could tell that she was missing that ‘death or glory spirit’ that the rest of them had.   She had lost her warrior’s instinct and now she was a sheep that had been adopted by a pack of wolves.  No matter what happened, she just didn’t seem to click with anyone.  Thankfully the conversation mainly seemed to be the veteran pilots filling in the newcomers on the current situation.  Tessa appreciated the recap.  Truth be told, things were spiraling so fast that she hadn’t really caught up yet.

She didn’t have anything to add until Henshaw and Rawley started discussing what happened at the Coreless Moon.  “But what about that woman we picked up at SuD Lang?” Tessa chirped.  "She just showed up with the Klingons in the docking bay and started shooting them, even though they gave her a ride in their raiders.  Who is she?  Why did she do that?  And why did the Klingons start shooting at us?  I thought that the mine had been played out and abandoned decades ago!”  As the captain’s yeoman, Cameron Henshaw had access to the insider information of the big picture that few others aboard the Theurgy possessed.

Reply #32
Lt. JG Donna ‘Chance’ Petterson | Briefing Room | Fighter Assault Bay | Deck 16 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Fife @Triage @Multificionado
[Show/Hide]

Listening to Ghost’s explanation on the Borg’s presence in the area was concerning, to put it mildly. There was one, possibly two Borg cubes prowling the nebula. Although, considering that there was also a Borg Transwarp Aperture in the nebula, that number was merely of confirmed sightings. The real number present was anyone’s guess. And that number could change rapidly. It was one of the first lessons that she had learnt when she was an operative for Starfleet Intelligence. If you sighted a Borg presence, you reported it immediately. And it didn’t matter what your current mission was.

Listening to Henshaw’s explanation of why the Klingons were pissed at them was just strange by comparison. Some ancient, undiscovered weapon system decided to wake up and vaporise every Klingon within range but leave the present Starfleet personal unharmed. And it killed Drex, Martok’s son.

“I remember watching Drex get his arse handed to him by Lieutenant Commander Worf,” Donna reminisced, thinking back to one of her early missions. She had considered him an idiot but had later watched as he had come good during the Dominion War.

Isel’s reaction to all this, well, Donna had to restrain herself from laughing her arse off at the Vulpinian’s words. They were just so typically Isel. So sweet natured and charming. And absolutely cutting. “And I could definitely go for a nice sandy beach right now with a prolific alcohol supply and a complete lack of clothing. And a complete absence of anyone but Isel. But I can’t see that happening for a while.”

“Don’t I know it,”
Donna responded in agreement to Ghost’s words on having a nice lass. She couldn’t know the turmoil that lurked beneath the surface of both pilots; the betrayal. “And I would love a good strong drink as well Isel but we have more important things to take care of first,” she pointed out to her wingmate before turning to the yeoman. “Can you direct us to the simulators?”

Reply #33
[ Lt JG Alessia Garcia - Callsign "Angel" | Fighter Assault Bay | Squadron Briefing Room | Deck 16 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ]
@Multificionado @Nolan @Firefox013 @Havenborn @Doc M. @Stegro88 @patches @Fife @The Ostrich @Vox
Watching the new fighter pilots from the White Wolves mingling with the Theurgy crew, Angel was reminded about when she came aboard herself, and all the scepticism she'd carried. It had to be easier for them, seeing her there and knowing that another White Wolf had made the same choice that she did.

But at the same time, the day before, Angel had been there when the rest of the White Wolves were killed in action. The Valravn fighters had been in the second attack wave, deployed later from the Theurgy, and they had ended up right in Martok's crosshairs. Before that, it was the Savi. They lost Shinigami then, and his RIO. Devyrie... Fury told me she was beamed out. I can only hope she is still alive out there, and have teamed up with all the others who were abducted. I hate to think what might have happened to her on that Axe-ship.

Should it be that she was already dead, Angel tried to find courage in the sight of Walton and her Flight, knowing that she and Fury were no longer the last White Wolves alive. Those months on Luna Base and the brief time on the Orcus had tied the White Wolves together, but not well enough to make them all follow Terror when she defected to the Theurgy. She supposed she needed to tell Meerkat, Scylla, Wraith and Blizzard more about their lost SCO, detailing how she and the rest had died on the prowl, like true wolves did. She wasn't sure she was ready to do it right then and there, when they were surrounded by her new squadron...

It would definitely put a damper on the current mood.

So, Angel smiled a little to Rawley and the rest, silently approaching Walton where she stood and spoke with Thomas Ravon. Ravon, who was the very reason why she had come aboard herself - why she had decided to follow Terror at Starbase 84. When there was a pause in their conversation, Angel cleared her throat a little, and looked at Walton. "I guess you want to know more, about what happened to the others," she said, her tone no longer light, and she glanced towards Ravon. "I can tell her, if you want. Perhaps it's best coming from me."

Reply #34
[ Lt Cmdr Thomas 'Razor' Ravon | Fighter Assault Bay | Squadron Briefing Room | Deck 16 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ]
@Auctor Lucan @patches

While conducting some small talk with Walton, Garcia had showed up and cleared her throat as she volunteered to inform Walton of what had happened to the rest of the Valravn fighter squadron. It was an offer Thomas didn't refuse as he gave a slight nod to her "Be my guest." He could understand why Alessia wanted to do so. She would be a more familiar face for Walton in comparison to Thomas. Of course Walton had trained him, yet Garcia would be the freshest face for her memory, perhaps even the most believable one too.

He looked further throughout the briefing room, Henshaw talking to the two pilots whom had come up to him before as the rest of them were having some conversation. Ravon excused himself from the two women with him as he made his way back to his office. He kept the door open in case anyone would still want a word with him. Yet he'd have bigger concerns on his hands now. To start with, the new squadron chart had to be made and he'd have to read through the files of every pilot after the reunion of the vectors. 

Reply #35
[ Ens. Cameron Henshaw | Fighter Assault Bay | Briefing room | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Nolan, @Multificionado, @Doc M., @Auctor Lucan, @Stegro88 & @Fife
[Show/Hide]
Cam felt terrible delivering the horrible news followed by worse news to the newcomers, but she supposed it was better to let them know just what they were getting themselves into, and then let them sort out how to deal with all from there on out. She winced ever so slightly, hugging her PADD to her chest when Isel cussed, and the Yeoman couldn't help muttering to herself, “If I had a latinum for every time I heard that...”

At the mention of going to a nice sandy retreat somewhere, Cam again muttered under her breath, “Take me with you.”

She had been about to answer Evelyn, when Tessa came up and began firing off an excited series of questions, and the young woman strained to keep track of everything. Don't panic, Cam, don't panic! she thought to herself, “Well,” she started, “best as I can tell, the woman is Zyrao Natauna, I think she's an El-Aurian, and she'd been with the Klingons for some time, but circumstances and intel led her to join forces with us. The Klingons opened fire, provoked by Lieutenant Hi'Jak, who betrayed us to them. As for that mine, as I mentioned earlier, Heather McMillan, who's a member of a species colloquially known as the Radiants, shared a kind of ancestral connection to the civilization you and Bremmer had found together with her. From her own tricorder records and logs, it seemed that to protect her and ensure her survival, the Artificial Intelligence there had drawn the last of its power supply to fire a...superweapon, which destroyed anything that had been just outside of the mine, which was the Klingons. Our people within the structures were spared. This was in your own logs, Lance.”

She turned to Evelyn then, “As for your idea, while it certainly has merit, Captain Wenn didn't exactly have success in persuading the Chancellor to even receive telemetry from us which might prove our innocence. He had been warned by Task Force Archeron to jam our signals in anticipation of cyber attacks.”

Donna looked to be the leader of the troupe surrounding her, and she was ready to get into training already. Cam admired the woman's sturdiness and ready nature, “Of course,” said Cam, “Right this way, oh and Ensign Nix,” she turned to the Vulpinian, “As Rawley mentioned, if you fancy having a sip, the favoured lounge would be in the drink...uh...I mean the latrine...decks! I mean Below Decks! It's on deck twenty-eight, vector three, you can't miss it. Right! To the simulators!” She shook her head and her voice had risen in octave and pitch at the last part, followed by her promptly bustling off towards the turbolifts, not checking to see if Donna or the others were following her.

Reply #36
[Lieutenant JG Evelyn Rawley, callsign "Ghost" | Fighter Assault Bay | Squadron Briefing Room | Deck 16 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy] Attn: @Auctor Lucan @Nolan @Triage @Doc M. @Havenborn @Stegro88 @Fife @Vox @The Ostrich @Firefox013
[Show/Hide]

Rawley listened to Henshaw as she spoke. She blinked to hear about this Lieutenant Hi’Jak. And she thought it was bad enough to have one traitor aboard.

“Lieutenant Hi’Jak? Did he ever go by ‘Jack,’ perchance?” she said. “Jimmy Mariner mentioned he was a traitor, and I can see why noo. That poor drone lass, if she finds oot the details…I can relate to her, fucking someone who’s eventually a traitor…”

Her pang of pity on the drone lass surprised Rawley. Why was she taking pity…? Then again, she realized why: She can relate to having fucked someone who turned out to be a traitor, whether or not he knew what he was doing.

As for Martok…oh well, for all she knew, all sources of transmission went along with his lad.

Rawley nearly burst out a guffaw when she heard Henshaw calling the Below Decks Lounge a latrine. Perhaps Henshaw didn’t say it intentionally, but she couldn’t help herself. In point of fact, one of her favorite pubs back on Earth was called “The Latrine.” It was bloody ugly, owned, run, and kept up by an ugly lot and plenty of ugly clientele, and would’ve needed enough renovation just to attain the level of “dive,” and Rawley loved it.

She felt a pang of nostalgia; she realized she hadn’t been in “The Latrine” in years, not since flight school. Then again, for all she knew, “The Latrine” would’ve been demolished to make way for some league-high skyscraper.

As Henshaw left, Rawley said, “Aye, and dinnae forget to take a wee!”

And she nearly let out a laugh again. She couldn’t help it, but all Henshaw had to do was mention “latrine.”

She turned back at Goldeneye and said, “Soonds like yeh had quite a bonkers adventure, aye? Shame aboot Martok’s lad, but who knows? Maybe we might convince Martok otherwise the whole of the Theurgy saves his arse from the Borg.”

Reply #37
[Lt.JG Alessia Garcia – “Angel” | Fighter Assault Bay | Squadron Briefing Room | Deck 16 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ]  Attn: @Auctor Lucan, @Multificionado @Nolan @Firefox013 @Havenborn @Doc M. @Stegro88 @patches @Fife @The Ostrich @Vox

Turning her attention back to Walton after Ravon had given her permission to break the news she opted to start from the beginning, recapped the battle at the Starbase first naming all the Wolves she knew had fallen as well as those who had decided not to join them when they defected to the Theurgy. Although at least a few of them had learned the truth since then and had joined them now which was something.

Alessia then moved on to informing her about Khorin, Dev, Nathaniel, K'Ren and her own RIO Sehl th'Chilnes, all of whom had been abducted by the Savi. Pausing a moment to shake her head and give Walton time to process the names before she continued naming Strider, Flint,  Shinigami and Tide as more Wolves who had been killed in action.

Pausing again, she could hardly believe that she still had more people to add to the list of dead, the ones she'd listed so far had already been more than enough but sadly that wasn't the case. Starting with Husker she moved on adding Terror, Shocker, Sniper and Bear, Witch King and Aria then finally finishing with Catscratch and Vagabond to the list. 

Letting out a long sigh now that she was finally done all the Latina could do was shake her head sadly "I wish I had better news for you Ma'am or at least a shorter list but it's been a rough week."

Reply #38
[ Tessa May Lance, callsign:  Goldeneye | Fighter Assault Bay | Briefing room | Deck 16 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Nolan@Multificionado @Havenborn @Kinvarus @Doc M. @Stegro88 @patches @Fife @Firefox013 @The Ostrich @Vox

"Soonds like yeh had quite a bonkers adventure, aye? Shame aboot Martok's lad, but who knows? Maybe we might convince Martok otherwise the whole of the Theurgy saves his arse from the Borg."

“Yeah, I guess so…  It really was a bonkers adventure.  I should tell you about it sometime.  Didn’t I already tell you about it?  I could have sworn I already told you about it.  Do you want to hear about it?  Even if you’ve already heard the story I’m sure some of the new pilots would like to hear it.  Wait! Martok’s son was on that ship?  No wonder he came out here to get us personally!   I was kind of hoping that he was leading the Klingon forces against the Borg,” Tessa finished sadly. 

The sad truth was the Tessa was now that she really thought about it, she really didn’t know as much about their mission to the coreless moon as she thought she did.  All she had was bits and pieces.  

“I just wish I knew what Hi’jak told them,” she sighed.  “The Klingon High Command that is.  Why didn’t he tell them about the Big Scary Conspiracy and the alien parasites from… out there… that took over Starfleet and that we were the good guys?  Or maybe he did, and when the Klingon ships were destroyed everything changed.  Gosh, I can’t believe it; this is so frustrating.  I went along on the mission and I don’t know anything!  Anything useful that is!  I guess I better just forget it and concentrate on the Borg.” 

Re: Chapter 03: Supplemental [ Day 06 | 0910 hrs. ] Replacements

Reply #39
[ CWO3 Liliana "Meerkat" Walton | Fighter Assault Bay | Squadron Briefing Room | Deck 16 | Vector 2 ] @Kinvarus @The Ostrich @Firefox013

After Nolan told her about his thoughts on the Valravn, Walton chuckled, but their conversation was stopped when Angel approached.

"Angel," she said, smiling... but the smile would soon falter.

Alessia Garcia was a well known face to Lily, them having spent a long time flying at Luna Base together. Seeing her expression, however, was a confirmation that not everything was fine. The lack of other White Wolves present in the room, those that had defected at Starbase 84, was telling even before Alessia began to speak. It was, unfortunately, worse than she feared. She cleared her throat, swallowed, and folded her arms below her chest while she listened.

Dragon abducted, Shinigami and Karma dead at the hands of some kind of alien race Walton knew naught about. Strider and flint too. Then, facing Klingons because of some affront to the Chancellor, the rest had died - caught in the open just because they had been the second attack wave. She felt numb hearing it, and close to her, her Klingon RIO shifted uncomfortably. Harq had flown with the KDF earlier in his life, and hearing how Empire had turned against the Theurgy had to be difficult. More so, when so many white wolves had died. Terror, Sniper, Catscratch and Witch King, along with all of their RIOs, all dead in the encounter with the Rotarran. At the end of it, knowing that only Angel remained among those that had defected at Starbase 84, it seemed such a cruel twist of irony.

Did it cast their own defection into a new light? Would they have done differently, had they known?

Sometimes, things were not easier in hindsight.

"I..." said Lily, frowning, feeling benumbed by the magnitude of the losses that the Theurgy had suffered in such a short time. "I suggest we drink to their memory when we can, and hope that we'll get Devyrie back, eventually. Dragon might still be alive, and judging by what you've said... she's not alone."

Lily looked around, seeing if Wraith, Scylla and Blizzard had heard Angel too.

- FIN

Simple Audio Video Embedder