Skip to main content
Topic: Day 03 [0700 hrs.] Tears In My Eyes (Read 3551 times) previous topic - next topic

Day 03 [0700 hrs.] Tears In My Eyes

[ Ens. Krystal "Meony" Tancredi | Public Baths | Deck 6 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Auctor Lucan
[Show/Hide]
The waters of the pool was a refreshing sensation. Way better than any sonic shower any day. Sure the sonic showers were efficient and thorough, if a little disconcerting on account of sensitivity, but other than that, it still didn't hold a candle to playing with water. The Resolve never had anything quite like this, and the closest she got to a large body of water was on the holodeck, fishing with Captain Kendrick. When she heard about the public baths, Meony had taken the opportunity to check it out, and before she knew it, she'd changed out of her uniform into a bathing suit and was swimming up and down and around the largest pool, having the time of her life.

With Jimmy going for his mission, she figured she could do with taking her mind off of things, and having a little relaxation after the nightmare she had earlier, and the subsequent duties and tasks laid out for her. Ever since she'd come aboard, she'd lost track of the Romulan who'd been beamed aboard her shuttle, the Fuzzy Flayer, and everytime she thought to look for him, she could never find him, or he was otherwise preoccupied with something or someone else. Maybe she'd find him today...after she finished enjoying the heck out of this pool.

She'd just taken a dive, holding her breath for as long as she could, then swam up, opened her eyes, and yelled, BARNEY BRAND FUCKING SPAGHETTI SAUCE!!!

Lo and behold, right by the pool, almost kissing distance from her, was the very person she'd spent the last three days looking for on this massive ship.

Not that she was calling Thea fat or anything...

Re: Day 03 [0700 hrs.] Tears In My Eyes

Reply #1
[ Drauc T'Laus | Public Baths | Deck 06 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Triage
[Show/Hide]
During the Dominion War, Drauc T'Laus had never served on a ship the size of the Theurgy, and therefore, he hadn't been able to make use of any public baths either. As it was, this third time that Drauc had come to this area of the ship, he had not planned to swim, but to spend time in the facility's steam room.

He had just stepped inside the largest area from the communal locker rooms, and saw the swimming pool meant for exercise. He would have continued past it to the steam room, wearing a white towel around his hips, if it hadn't been for the whispering mind of one of the swimmers. Drauc paused his step, turning his eyes towards her, but before she broke the surface, he had no means of telling who it was.

She made eye contact with him, and whatever Drauc might have expected, the odd expletive wasn't included.

She radiated surprise and with her hair wet, he could not place her immediately. Looking down towards her, from the edge of the pool Drauc wondered what was amiss. He tried to piece together the mentioning of a shuttle in her earlier thoughts. Then it came to him. She was from the Resolve.

"Tancredi," he rasped, his scarred hands hanging by his sides. "I trust you are feeling better?"

Reply #2
[ Ens. Krystal "Meony" Tancredi | Public Baths | Deck 6 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Auctor Lucan
[Show/Hide]
The initial shock of finding the Romulan she'd been days in the search for suddenly being right there before wore off after a moment and the girl blinked, shaking her head a little while she continued to thread water right where she was. Rommie Romulan, that was the name she applied to him due to the embarrassing fact that until now, she still didn't know his name. I mean, just how many Romulans were there on board the ship? She could've tried looking up a name list, but nooooo...Meony was much too busy getting assimilated into a new crew, learn the agenda of the ship, get the snot beaten out of her, risk rupturing the protective coil in her brain and spend some quality time with Jimmy.

“Yeah, Ah guess...” said Meony, as she swam to the side and pulled herself out of the water, settling on the edge and leaving her bare legs dangling in the water. Once comfortable, she looked over at the Romulan, tucking a lock of hair behind her ears, “...how'z about yerself? Ah been lookin' fer ya better part o' th' last few days.”

She studied him, wondering if he showed symptoms of Virus 117 or if the innoculation worked like a charm. It ought to. Dr. Lynn would never mess up, ever, and since Romulan physiology was almost virtually identical to Vulcans, very little modifications were needed to immunize the newcomers. Ah crap, he knew her name, and had her at a decided disadvantage. “Ah'm sorry, but what's yer name agin?” She blushed a little as she asked this, and gave the man an apologetic smile.

Reply #3
[ Drauc T'Laus | Public Baths | Deck 06 | Vector 02 | USS Theurgy ] Attn: @Triage 
[Show/Hide]
Hearing that the fighter pilot from the Resolve had been looking for him was... perplexing. While she studied him, which didn't really bother him despite his state of undress - embarrassment and attraction being things Drauc only experienced through others -  he couldn't really find an answer to her purpose either. Her mind was preoccupied with the virus that he had been made immune to on the Resolve, and the late Doctor Lyhn.

She didn't know his name, which didn't matter in the least as far as he was concerned. Her embarrassment towards not having picked up on what his name, it was... considerate towards his feelings, he surmised. Evidently, whatever purpose that might compel her to search for him held no hostile intention. It suggested that he could be somewhat forthcoming with her, and grant her his name, since the likelihood that she'd report him to Security as a deserter - or for the violence he'd imparted upon Devoted - was quite low.

"I am Drauc T'Laus," he rasped to her, remaining where he stood since there was no purpose to step closer. She was well within earshot. "The injuries I sustained at the hands of Captain Hawthorne were substantial, and the Devoted added to them, though I received good treatment."

Nurse Jovela had showed both her skills and gratefulness in her treatment of him. Since then, he had agreed to teach her martial arts, and other combat skills, and he had held true to his promise, these last two days. This was the very reason he was present, since the training session with Jovela in the adjacent gym had just ended.

With the Azure Nebula outside the tall viewports, Drauc waited to hear why the young, Human female was looking for him, thinking she might reveal it unprompted. Did it have ought to do with the words he'd spoken to her on behalf of the late Captain Kendrick? While it might be easy to rest his eyes on her, staring through the tresses of his burgundy hair, he hoped to go to the steam room sooner or later. If her intentions were long-winded, he hoped she wasn't adverse to getting her Starfleet issue swimwear sweaty.

Reply #4
[Show/Hide]
She hadn't really noticed how..."overdressed" Drauc was until she took a moment to really look him over and then she had a moment of thought, wondering, then she remembered that there was a sauna, as well as actual baths, and hot tubs. Shit, this ship had everything! She'd bet there could be a steakhouse restaurant here too...well maybe not, but hey, she could always hope. Once she finished her examination, she decided he was definitely fine, and asking him about his health now would seem silly, and she put it out of her mind...only to find something new to worry about for the Romulan after he introduced himself, and she committed his name to memory.

“Bless mah liberties...” said Meony, “...them Devoted got t'ya too? Geez, who didn't they attack?!?”

The thought of the Devoted attacking brought to the surface her own horrific, nearly fatal encounter with the three fanatics. The Denobulan in particular instilled such terror in the pilot that she shuddered at the mere thought of him. She remembered hitting him with the phaser set to stun repeatedly, but she still felt so frightened in that moment. Thank goodness Silim had been there. She wondered what reason the Devoted had to go after Drauc though, and she remembered rightly that he had been in quite a state when he'd beamed aboard her shuttle and the two disembarked the Theurgy together.

“But ye're lookin' mahtee fahn,” said the redhead, standing up, pulling her legs out of the water and going over to him, resting a palm lightly on a bicep uninvited. Her eyes however, were marked solely with concern, as was her overall emotion when she made her action, “lucky ye're a Romulan, huh? You gahs're really tough. Ah was jes' wonderin' how ya was holdin' up an' if th' innoculation took...though Ah cain see that fer mahself now...Ah ran into th' Devoted mahself, hear...wasn't fun, that's fer sure. Glad that's all been taken care of now.”

She looked away, wondering if she should say more, then frowned and looked at him again, “Say, what brings ya here anyway? Ah jes' found out 'bout this spot mahself. How'sabout you?”

Reply #5
[Show/Hide]
When she moved away from the pool and approached him, Drauc's eyes followed her movements, but he made no motion himself. Because of the impression from her thoughts, and despite her words, the Human female's touch upon his arm held no other significance beyond how concerned she was for his well-being. Drauc found this odd, yet he was no Vulcan, so the touch upon his skin was of no consequence beyond what might be expected of Humans - as diverse as they were in their mannerisms.

Why did she care about his health and recovery? They had but met briefly, as far as he could recall. As weary as he'd become by all the scepticism and distrust aboard the Theurgy, this rare warmth stood out. Of course, the past day had improved in that regard, the new and old crewmembers finding themselves in their new situation, but Krystal Tancredi didn't just accept her new mission. She didn't seem the least bothered by the presence of a Romulan in their midst either.

"The reason I am here is related to the Devoted," he rasped quietly in answer, unmoving still, and his dark eyes were watching how the blue light of the Azure Nebula cast reflections off the pool's water - making spectres dance across the Human's wet skin and the bulkheads alike. "They did not attack me, but an old acquaintance. I acted in defence on her behalf, and after the knife-wounds I sustained were treated, I agreed to teach her how to defend herself. A second training session has just been concluded, and she is about to begin her shift in sickbay."

Having said this, he slowly turned his head towards the back area of the public baths. "I came here for the steam room, which allegedly can be found here," he said, before looking back towards the fighter pilot. "It would seem the Devoted failed to make any lasting damage on your person. Your scars seem old, more likely from the time on the Resolve."

It appeared they were of a mutual understanding in regard to injuries. Without scars, there was naught learned in the battlefield.

Reply #6
[Show/Hide]
Meony's lips parted slightly as she listened to Drauc. Apparently he entered a melee with the Devoted in a rescue attempt. How gallant. She found herself liking the man more and more. He rescued a doctor to boot, a very valuable commodity on a ship like this. But she was intrigued by the fact that whoever he rescued was an old acquaintance. So he was involved in Starfleet? And he's a Romulan? Maybe he was a defector or something. That seemed to be the most sensibile explanation. He was surprisingly a calming presence, and she wasn't even sure why.

But why was he so stony-faced all the time?

She regarded him with mild curiosity, enjoying the way the reflections of the nebula and the waters, danced all around them and made effects on the Romulan. He answered her other query about his purpose for being here, explaining that he was here for the steam room, and the girl's lips curled down a little at that. Who needed more heat? She could barely handle the temperatures of her birthplace. She preferred to be turned into a popsicle. He made a comment, observing her, and her seeming lack of injury, but her old scars? She glanced down at herself, wondering how he could see anything, aside from a few on her thighs, both in and out, and a bit of the lash marks on her back.

As for the Devoted, oh they did plenty to her. She was terrified by the assault, and sincerely wished she could keep weapons on her person once more, besides the diamond-tipped sporks she kept under the sleeves of her uniform. “Ah dunno 'bout th' no lastin' damage,” said Meony, brushing strands of hair behind her ear, “Ah was nearly done in, an' that shook me up plenty. But yeah, got these nasties from th' Resolve. There's a reason we called that place Hell Sector.”

She trailed him a little, following behind, then moving beside, “How on Earth can ya stand th' heat of th' steam rooms?”

Probably because he's a Romulan, idiot. Meony thought to herself.

Reply #7
[Show/Hide]
The human seemed to accept his words about the Devoted in stride, clearly having had her own experiences with the fanatics.

On his own part, Drauc had not delved deeply into the origin of such a strange faction aboard a starship, let alone this person that they idolised like some kind of deity. He had gathered that this 'Morali' was supposed to be a time traveller, and that they thought he ought to know the future for the mission. As much was quite easy to comprehend... but the leap from a source of intel to worshipping him... He supposed that it might be a yardstick for how far the crew of the Theurgy had been pushed. How dire their voyage had been. Odd, to consider himself and those that had come aboard more recently a stabilising factor of reason.

Tancredi's distaste for the steam rooms was just as plain in her thoughts as her words, and while they walked into the room with the changing booths and swimwear shelves, he made his answer. "The heat is the purpose," he rasped, and turned towards the human, his back towards the glass wall and the lazy drift of steam that could be seen within. It was empty of people, just like the room they stood in, and while the eye couldn't see if there were anyone in the changing booths - that also served as showers - Drauc could pick out the thoughts of people within. There were, actually, two people in one of the booths, engaged in intimate relations. Carefully, Drauc tried to not let the desires affect himself, keeping his eyes on the fighter pilot before him. He put his hands on his hips and explained. It helped to keep his mind on the steam room rather than the ongoings in that farthest booth.

"Several benefits for your health, not just for Romulans. The steam room increases the heart rate, similar to regular exercise. Regular use is better for your heart, and your blood pressure. Arterial improvement too. Arteries become... healthier and better able to handle additional stress." Drauc glanced towards the gymnasium, from whence he'd come. "Steam rooms also aid in recovery after physical activity, relaxing muscles and soothing aches in tissues and joints. Improved recovery and muscle growth too, since the growth hormone level increase, and helps with reducing muscle atrophy."

It was difficult to ignore the two minds in that booth, but Drauc continued his explanation, since it helped allay the rampant emotions that flooded his mind. Outwardly, he spoke as he had so far, in his grating voice - face unchanging. "The heat flush toxins, since deep sweating reduce levels of lead, copper, zinc, nickel and mercury. The increase of white blood cells helps to fight illnesses and helps to kill viruses. The heat also help the body and mind adapting to stress, reducing the risk of depression and other mental disorders."

Drauc paused, even if those in the booth were not. He wished to step father from them, so that he might be better able to ignore them. His eyes were on the human pilot, and he tried to keep his affected mind from thinking of her in the ways of carnal delight. "For me, I need the improved sleep, for in addition to the release of endorphins, the later decline in endorphin levels is key in facilitating deeper sleep. I was cursed with abilities since I was young, the minds of others imposing upon my own. All the time. Sleep is imperative for my sanity, since I cannot stop absorbing the thoughts of others."

He realised, too late, that he might have given the woman further cause to question him, forcing him to linger, and to stave off the waves of desire that permeated his stoic mind.

Reply #8
[Show/Hide]
Meony blinked a few times and stood still as Drauc went on to explain the benefits of the steam room, heat, and his reason for partaking in the activity. The spiel was certainly far more than she had anticipated, considering that the Romulan always gave her the impression from the few short meetings they'd had and her own snap-opinion that he was normally a man of few words. Yet, here he was giving a very long and detailed explanation, as well as a revelation, whether intentional or not, that he was not only able to hear or read thoughts, but he couldn't control it?

That meant he could perceive whatever she thought? Like Betazoids?

Awesome!

She did make a mental note never to gamble against him, especially in card games. Betazoids would not pry out of respect to a person's privacy, but if Drauc couldn't control it, that meant he'd hear or read her thoughts whether he wanted to or not. He was probably picking up on her thought process right then. Yet her only response to that realization was to shrug and grin, “Well when ya put it that way, 'ow can a gal argue further?” she said as she rested her fists on her hips, leaning to one side. She still didn't think she'd enjoy the heat much, but the idea of reducing depression or mental disorders was most appealing. After all, everyone knew Meony could do with less mental disorders.

She was glad to be in a bikini. The less clothing she had for this, the better. She'd picked the green colour scheme, which was her favourite colour, and she wasn't shy about baring her body, but the scars always bothered her. The one made by an axe that nearly cleaved her in half was a particularly nasty wound that left a hideous jagged mark all along the right side of her waist trailing from the front to the back, where all the lash marks were, and made her back look like the skin had been run through a wash with barbed wires. That was more or less what they'd done to her. “If ya wouln't mahnd th' company, mebbe Ah'll give it a trah...at least once.” said Meony. Shifting her weight to the other leg, and leaning that way now.

She made to follow him, and then asked, “Ain't there a way at all t' shut down th' mahnd besahds sleepin'?”

She shook her head, “Ah hope ya don't mahnd mah sayin', but Lordy, Ah'd go nuts if Ah had t' hear people's thougths uninvahted.”

She didn't feel particularly perturbed that he was more than likely reading her thoughts, because she was at the moment playing a tune in her head, and singing the lyrics, and also thinking about eating fried chicken.

The song Meony's hearing in her head, and the words she's singing:
[Show/Hide]

Reply #9
[Show/Hide]
When told that she might try the steam room nonetheless, Drauc found himself grateful for the chance to step away - the frenzy inside the farthest booth getting to him. He turned and opened the glass door, making the wall of heat and steam roll over them both. He did not delay to step inside, and closed the glass door after the fighter pilot had entered - not wishing for the heat to leave the room more than necessary.

He had picked up on her self-consciousness about her scars, how she did not care for them, yet that begged the question why she wouldn't have them removed by the Doctors on the ship. He did not wish to pry, instead answering her question once they were alone in the steam room. The haze shrouded them as he walked to the bucket with water and picked up the ladle with water. He poured the water on the rocks, to compensate for the momentary opening of the door. The hissing noise underscored his rasping voice.

"Sanity is relative," was all he said regarding the health of his own mind, which was not entirely his own to begin with. "I have had a long time to adapt. It was worse after I lost my brother in the Dominion War, for he had the same ability, and we had each other as reference points - able to sift through the thoughts around us more easily." Another serving of water upon the hot stones. Another hiss. "He was my anchor, as much as I was his."

He returned the ladle to the bucket and walked to the far wall, which had an elevated, wooden bench. "The song in your head," he said, focusing on her to not be further enticed by the development in the other room, "it mentions the darkest sky. Is this space, in which you fight?"

Drauc fought with his bare hands and the weaponry provided him, never having had an affinity for the kind of battlefield in which Tancredi fought. Once she'd answer, Drauc's dark eyes had sought her body in the rolling clouds of steam, pale and riddled with scars. Not because he was enticed by the couple in the next room, even if he was, but because he wished to soothe her feelings about them. A task he might not be equal to, but he'd still make the attempt.

"The marks of the battlefield is a merit, not something to be stigmatized," he rasped to her, eyes almost hidden by the steam and the tresses of burgundy hair before his face. "They compliment you. There is no reason for you to feel anything but pride in earning them. They bespeak your survival, despite the odds. Wear them with pride."

Reply #10
[Show/Hide]
Drauc seemed to be in a hurry, when she offered to follow him in, and she almost immediately regretted it. The redhead was about ready to jump back out and dive into the pool again to free herself of the oppressive heat. Dear Lord gimme strength, was her thought as he shut the door decisively and she settled down across from him, Oh fuck! Th' seat's hawt too!

Her smile was more like a grimace, but she figured she'd go for the full experience at least once.

When he took that ladle filled with water and poured it on the rocks of doom, the hiss and steam filled the room, and Meony's face went red from the sheer rise of temperature. She was probably going to die here, all sweaty and gross and absolutely fucking disgusting. But hey, it's good for the soul...so she was told. No wait, it's supposed to be good for the body. Meony shook her head a little and wondered if she was already suffering from delirium and heat mirage.

She felt sympathy for Drauc when he spoke about his brother. The Dominion war took too many good people before their time. She braced herself for the next heat wave and tried to just concentrate on the Romulan talking. She was definitely going to faint soon, but she was curious too about Drauc, and stayed for nothing other than to know him better...as long as she could endure. Ah survavhed Hell Sector, what's a sauna in comparison?

“Yeah...” said Meony, “Ah guess it is. Was an ol' song written long ago. Ah guess Ah found it relatable...comfortin'. Was more'a song 'bout love an' hope.”

It also bespoke her desire for true companionship, and a strong emotional connection with someone, but she wasn't ready to get into that just yet, and besides he caught on to another chip on her shoulder, namely her scars. This was the second time in a short period that he'd brought it up. She supposed he was trying to reassure her on it and she gave him a tired smile, “Th-thanks...and Ah'll trah.” She rubbed at the massive scar on her side, feeling the bump and lumpiness of the hardened skin where the axe had gone through, and nearly took her spine out. It was a wonder they'd gotten her back to the ship to save her life. It was a Romulan too that had nearly done her in that day. But he wasn't that Romulan, and he was a long time dead, what without a head to use.

“Ya pickin' up on mah thoughts?” She asked in a tone of genuine curiosity more than alarm or worry. She figured it was nothing she'd be ashamed about.

Reply #11
[Show/Hide]
"I am," rasped Drauc in admission, for he had already alluded to his abilities. "I do not mean to, and I know it is unforgivable in the eyes of some species. I mean no harm by it."

Drauc had wanted to pour more water over the hot stones, but he had sensed Tancredi's plight, and refrained out of respect to her preferences. He did not wish to make her more uncomfortable, so he returned the ladle to its wooden bucket, and sat still on the wooden bench opposite to her. He learned that she did not care for the heated seat, and for a moment, since she'd didn't know to bring a towel from outside, he had the notion of giving her the towel he wore. He knew, however, that it wasn't appropriate, for many reasons. Not just that the public baths had rules against complete nudity - which he supposed were set because of the many different cultures existing in a Starfleet crew - but she might be offended. Not just from the display of skin, but the state in which the couple in the next room had left him in. He could but hope it didn't show already, and pretend that he was no victim to their passion.

"In your mind, I can see a beheaded Romulan. Perhaps the one who gave you the scar your just touched. I sense that you seek companionship, but you doubt that you're ready for such a commitment," he grated quietly, his leaning forward with his elbows on top of his knees, and slowly flexed his scarred hands - a habit to keep them from cramping up due to the tissue and tendon damage. He looked at her for a moment through the tresses of his hair, and was surprised when he had derived what she thought just earlier. "I thank you for the sympathy you feel towards my loss. I lost Kraun a long time ago now, and each day since has been a struggle to remain as I am, without letting myself be corrupted by misery and hate. The minds of others, which used to be a risk, has also been a boon, in how I have learned a sense of right and wrong that I wouldn't know otherwise. Since I met Captain Kendrick, I have sought to walk a righteous path once more."

The mentioning of Tancredi's captain reminded him about the words he'd said to her on her damaged shuttle, before she succumbed to injury. Talking about her late Commanding Officer might not be what she wanted, and he hoped he hadn't inadvertently caused her more grief than the heat of the steam room. He decided that, perhaps, it was best to change topic. "You sweat. Most species do. This is natural. It is not supposed to be a cause for distress. Your sweat does not make you 'disgusting'. It is all in your mind. In fact... Cleanliness is better achieved when the pores have been cleared, and you can rinse it all off afterwards."

Drauc paused, leaning back against the wall, his hands resting on the edge of his seat. "If you would rather leave, there is no honour lost. This is no obligation to me, and I would not hold it against you. I just hope you realise that there is no shame in wanting companionship, much less your scars."

Reply #12
[Show/Hide]
She was grateful when he chose not to intensify the heat, and as much as she thought she wouldn't be affected by him knowing what's in her head at that very moment, a small rush of heat could be felt in her cheeks that was not caused by the outside temperature. Nevertheless, she didn't fault him for being unable to stop reading her mind; rather, she wished she could discipline her mind to to be calm and without thought so as to give the poor man a little peace and quiet, a likely impossible feat given the proximity and crew number of this ship.

She nodded quitely when he spoke of her heart and mind's desires and thoughts, and memories. She was mildly relieved that he wasn't too upset about the violent memory, or her very lucky escape from death by cleaving the Romulan's head with her own weapon. She smiled wistfully at him when he showed her appreciation for her sympathetic thoughts and concern, and then he mentioned Tristan Kendrick as being the source of his inspiration to walk a path of righteousness. Her eyes narrowed at this, and she recalled the first time she saw him, had been when they'd gone to rescue A'vura from the Starbase brig. They hadn't really had a chance to say much at the time, but something more must have happened while she'd been dispatched to deliver Officer Useless to their own brig.

That's Captain Kendrick for ya! thought Meony, He kinda brings out the best in us.

The pain in her chest at his absence here still struck her hard. But until she saw a body confirming his demise, she chose to believe, somehow, he was still alive, out there.

She grinned at him when he tried to assure her she was not disgusting. “Cain't help it, sugah,” said Meony, “It ain't th' most comfortable sensations fer meh. Ah came from'a pretty hot place, an' it was hell.” She slapped her palms on her knees and slowly stood up, “Well, Ah trahd mah best, but Ah cain only take so much of this, an' 'fore Ah drown in mah own sweat - yeah yeah Ah know that ain't possible - Ah'm gonna take up on yer offer an' make lahk a tree.”

She reached for the door, turned back and smiled again, “But thanks...fer...well, fer listenin', and fer yer advahse. Ah'll remember it. Let's talk agin sometime, yeah? If ya lahk, and preferably somewhere cooler? See ya 'round!”

She popped the door open, darted out and closed it quickly, knowing he would like to preserve the temperature based on how he did it when they came in. The cool air soothed her instantly and she shivered appreciatively. Making a beeline for the pool once more, she muttered to herself, “What in Sam Hill was Ah thinkin'?!? Goin' in a sauna?!? Oh Lord Almahteh, Ah feel lahk a water balloon!” She dove into the pool and grinned, Sweet mercy. Well at least she knew how Drauc was faring. The little time they spent together intrigued her no end, and she was genuinely looking forward to seeing him again sometime.

Reply #13
[Show/Hide]
The fighter pilot from the Resolve left, apparently not taking a liking to the steam room even after learning of its benefits.

"Until we meet again," he rasped to her in parting, and when she left, he rose to his feet and poured some more water over the hot stones, causing the room to fill entirely with steam and almost obscuring all means of looking outside. While he did so, the couple in the adjacent room had ceased their copulation, and there were no rampant emotions or thoughts in the vicinity to affect him.

Grateful for the modicum of tranquility, of quietude, Drauc returned to his seat in the steam room, and he could be alone with his own thoughts. Thoughts not influenced by others, but truly his own.

As he was granted this respite, he thought of his situation, and the fact that he was once more on a Federation ship. Perhaps I should take the opportunity, he thought quietly, as his brow dampened with beads of sweat, and learn about T'Mei, and see if any records of her have been made public? Fruitless as his attempts had been before, perhaps enough years had passed, and his mother's whereabouts weren't classified any more.

Little did he know that his research would alert someone else on the ship.

- FIN

Simple Audio Video Embedder