Skip to main content
Topic: Theurgy: What If...? Below Decks Lounge (Read 464 times) previous topic - next topic

Theurgy: What If...? Below Decks Lounge

What if the Below Decks Lounge was in it's own dimension?

-Preface-
An idea stolen quite literally in concept from another thread on this very board. The idea is that anyone can stop by and interact with others in an area where consequences can be a bit more lenient. It's not impossible to run into a younger version of yourself in a thread like this one. I can't help but think there are a number of interactions possible when you sit down over a beer and what better a place to do it? This thread could get NSFW in spots, but as with any other thread it's not a requirement. This is in no way a "Canon" thread and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Learn more about the Below Decks Lounge here

-Disclaimer-
This is more a thread just for fun and trying out new things. It is in no way tied to the main story and should not be taken seriously as such. It's not as subject to posting rules as other posts might.

[ PO1st Artimis Saugn | Below Deck's Lounge | Deck 28 | Vector 3 | USS Theurgy ]
[Show/Hide]
[Show/Hide]

Group social gatherings were often a source of much information and Artimis had a feeling she could find some social interactions at the ship's lounge, the so called 'Below Decks Lounge'. It would not be a stretch to think much of the ship's officers would frequent such a place and every connection she made at this stage was vital.

So she put on a dress that showed just enough skin to be considered socially acceptable and made her way toward the Lounge. Upon arrival she found the place not as crowded as she would have thought it should have been. She made a beeline to the bar and was surprised to see it attended by a hologram.

"What'll it be miss?" the hologram asked cheerfully.

"Mineral water, ice cold with a splash of lemon and a sprig of mint," Artimis said with a smile and took a seat at the bar. From there she could see the door and she watched it carefully, noting the faces and especially the ranks of those who entered. She wanted to get a feel for the place, she wanted to know who on the ship came here and what they did. If she ws lucky she'd make a point of contact, if not, then a least she had a nice drink.

As if on cue the hologram returned with her drink and after thanking him she took a sip and smiled to herself. Now all se had to do was wait and watch, the rest would come to her.

Re: Theurgy: What If...? Below Decks Lounge

Reply #1
[PO2 Kino Jeen | Below Decks Lounge | Deck 28 | Vector 3 | USS Theurgy] Attn: @All
[Show/Hide]
She sat at the far end of the mostly empty bar, half lidded eyes watching a stick match slowly burn down to her fingers. Her attire didn’t scream ‘come talk to me’ – which was partially intentional; faded black denim jeans, the holes at her knees dominated by bright white strands of fabric – along with an off-white Ramones tank top over a standard sports bra. The short, cropped silver hair on her head was an unruly mess – slightly spiked due to various cowlicks that she’d given up trying to tame.

Two empty shot glasses sat before her, along with a dozen lime quarters and a generous shaker of salt. Directly under her hand laid the charred remains of several match sticks, the ash left to sprinkle the box there like an unwelcome preview of things to come for those that dwelt within.

As we are, so shall you be, Kino’s lips curled in a wry smile, as the fire licked closer to her fingers. They weren’t really her fingers though. The bio-mechanical replacement felt like her...but it wasn’t. That was what was so odd – why she kept lighting the matches to watch them burn; they'd even added the spots that her species was known for...but it didn’t really make any difference. The artificial nerves fed the electrical signal of heat and pain to Kino’s brain – which interpreted it correctly – but the flesh never really burned.

It didn’t blister. It didn’t smoke, or melt, or react at all the way real flesh would have; so Kino ignored it. So much of her was the same way, now - her, but not - easily ignored impulses from replacement components.

“Hit me,” she murmured, reaching out for a shot glass to turn it upright as her fingers deftly snubbed the flame out. The bartender wasn’t there though; he was down the bar a piece, tending to another customer. The dark brow over Kino’s cybernetic eye rose as she studied the purple-haired specimen. She appeared to be waiting for someone, or something, but trying not to show it. Interesting, the non-com snorted quietly; content to sit and observe from a distance.

Her chin lifted at the bartender once their eyes met. “Another,” she asked, lifting the shot glass as he approached and bent for the bottle of Patron Silver – then nodded her thanks as he poured. This would make shot two of the night. The Trill guessed she had probably five to seven more before she’d either get in a fight or get fucked. Who knows? Maybe both, Kino smirked at herself, then licked the back of her real hand to sprinkle a little salt on it.

“Number three,” Kino toasted to no one in particular – then licked the salt from her palm, slammed the shot, and bit into the meat of a lime quarter to suck it dry. The empty shot glass was returned to its twin, upside down on the bar, while the Trill blew the burn from her throat out.

Reply #2
[ PO1st Artimis Saugn | Below Deck's Lounge | Deck 28 | Vector 3 | USS Theurgy ] @Dumedion
[Show/Hide]

There were few scents more anxiety inducing to a being made of plant matter than the smell of wood burning. It was an intrinsic fear, something not designed, but ingrained into the very fiber of their being.

Thus the smell of the burned matches proved to be unavoidably troubling to Artimis and she turned to look in the direction of the source. Her face scrunched in annoyance, but quickly relaxed into a more neutral look as she forced herself to remain calm. She had to play the game and even though she was uncertain what pull the strange heavily drinking woman had aboard the ship, she knew it would be foolish to assume that she was not connected in some way. She knew the nature of the game and she knew well enough to play it any chance she got.

The only question was, what was the opening move, how did she play the situation and how would the woman before her respond to various personas. Her default move seemed to be to play the innocent one, a fresh face to naive to know much better. And she would be lying if she did not admit that it worked most of the time. Triggering some desire to shelter and protect her proved to be a useful instinct, through the rougher appearance of the woman made her question what the effectiveness of it might be.

But still, why change what worked?

"What kind of drink is that?" Artimis asked tilting her head curiously. She gave the other woman a curious smile and gestured to the bottle. She assumed almost an innocent demeanor, her eyes blinking and her shoulders hanging in such a way to give her an almost childlike quality. "I don't think I've ever seen a bottle quite like that. Though most bottles are very similar in shape."

Reply #3
[PO2 Kino Jeen | Below Decks Lounge | Deck 28 | Vector 3 | USS Theurgy] Attn: @AbsintheDeux
[Show/Hide]
Her lips curled as Kino’s head tilted fractionally; both at the question and the girl’s tone. Mismatched eyes of pale blue blinked a few times while the non-com took in the details of the stranger’s posture and body language – which seemed to shift far too easily – but the Trill dismissed the spike of suspicion with a grunt of amusement instead.

“Tequila,” Kino answered with a pleasant smile, “from Earth. Made from a plant there, I think. A...friend of mine introduced it to me while we were training there,” she added quietly. Her eyes roamed the bottles behind the bar – some tall, some short, some shaped like pyramids and oblong; some clear, others dark, still others red and orange and steel blue – variously different, but still roughly the same shape. It didn’t make her wrong; but it made her seem either younger than she looked – which Kino estimated was young– or simply naïve.

Spotted arms folded across the bar as Kino leaned forward and returned her attention to the newcomer. Even though she wasn’t really in the mood for company, it wouldn’t hurt to keep the girl occupied while she waited for...whoever she was waiting for.

“If you haven’t tried it I can show you how to drink it,” the non-com offered with a casual wave to the salt, lime and shot glasses before her. “Never know when the intel might come in handy,” she added nonchalantly, then signaled the bartender to pour another shot.

“I’m Kino, by the way,” her chin lifted with an easy lopsided grin. “Who might you be?”

Reply #4
[ PO1st Artimis Saugn | Below Deck's Lounge | Deck 28 | Vector 3 | USS Theurgy ] @Dumedion
[Show/Hide]

"Tequila?" Artimis intoned thoughtfully, as if trying the word on for size.

Though the process of implanting memories was fundamentally perfected in it implantation there remained a critical flaw with it. The memories felt real, as they were meant to, but they felt in fact so real that it became impossible to tell if events happened or not. It was one of the risks in doing it, the subject of the implant could begin to question the entirety of their memory. So it was important to remember facts and keep them certain.

For instance, Artimis Saugn knew she had never attended the Academy, and thus it was impossible that on a Thursday night she went to a party with a great deal of alcohol where she imbibed far to much and as a result was late and hungover to class on Friday, an event she was not reprimanded for and did not give her a black mark on her Academy file, because she did not have a file at the Academy.

And yet, she could recall that evening with perfect clarity and could even remember the taste of the alcohol.

The problem in that moment was that she could not recall if she had ever actually drank alcohol before or if all the memories of her doing so were simply implants. There was no easy way to tell. She could honestly say she had no idea how imbibing any alcohol at all would effect her system.

There was one way to find out.

"There is a special way you need to drink it?" Artimis asked, her eyes wide with amazement at the notion of needing to drink a liquor in a special manner. She was familiar with several traditions regarding the consumption of alcohol in diplomatic settings, but this seemed different. She was in all honesty curious, though she continued to act in a more wide eyed and innocent manner than she truly was. "My name is Artimis, though my friends, if I had any, call me Artie." She gave the other woman a sad sort of smile. "May I try this way of drinking?"

Reply #5
[PO2 Kino Jeen | Below Decks Lounge | Deck 28 | Vector 3 | USS Theurgy] Attn: @AbsintheDeux 
[Show/Hide]
What an oddball, was Kino’s initial thought, laced with humor at the girl’s wide-eyed reaction – like she’d never stepped foot in a bar, or got shitfaced with friends, or…

The Trill’s amusement faded at her words; the grin that had threatened to pull at her lips froze in a slight curl that mirrored the strange girl's. Artie.

Kino turned bodily in the bar-stool to pat the one next to her and leaned over while her voice lowered to a whisper. “Hey Artie. Listen, I don’t know you and I don’t speak for everyone, but far as I’m concerned...your a member of this crew and that makes you family. Don’t matter much to me what you are or where you come from neither. All we got out here is each other, so you watch my back – I watch yours. That’s the deal, yea,” her silver head dipped in emphasis, but her eyes never left Artie’s. “You stick to that, you an me will get along just fine. So saddle up,” her hand patted the stool.

While her new acquaintance seated herself, Kino slid the tray of lime quarters and the salt shaker between them, then reached for the shot that the bartender had poured.

“Now,” the non-com cleared her throat, “I’m assuming you’ve never had a shot – so here’s some do’s and don'ts; you wanna open your throat when you knock it back, but not so much that it gets in your lungs. Don’t hold it in your mouth, it’ll burn the shit outta your throat even more. Okay?”

The back of Kino's hand rose to her lips next. “Lick here and sprinkle some of the salt on it so it sticks. When you’re ready, your gonna lick the salt off, slam the shot, then bite into one of these,” Kino held up a lime quarter, “and suck it for all the fucker's worth. Any questions?”

Reply #6
[Show/Hide]

Nodding as she listened, Artimis did her best to absorb the complicated process one was to do to imbibe said beverage. She pondered the purpose of such a procedure, but she nodded in understanding of the process itself.

"I am curious, is this a matter of custom? Do the people of Earth drink many beverages in such a manner?" She asked, suddenly quite curious as to the exact nature of this method of drinking alcoholic spirits.

She began the process of preparing to take the drink as instructed. She first licked her hand as shown and took the salt. As she sprinkled it onto the liked spot she flinched at the sudden burning sensation, but it was easy enough to ignore. Next came the shot glass full of liquid.

She nodded and braced herself, then with a sudden movement she licked the salt off her hand, downed the liquid and shoved the piece of fruit in her mouth. She did it as quickly as she could, uncertain what the result would be.

The sensation was entirely, and this must not be put mildly, unpleasant. The salt burned her mouth and throat, the alcohol did much worse, and the fruit tasted incredibly sour. All in all she did not understand the allure of such and activity and it showed on her face, as the pain played it's way across her features.

It is important to note that she was a plant and the reaction to certain substances is in now way universal. One needs only to look into saline toxicity in plants to realize that that which is good for more mammals, was in no way good her her. She had learned the lesson again and this time it hurt only a little.

She took a moment and then removed the fruit from her mouth and set it aside.

"And this is an enjoyable activity for you?" She wheezed through her now raw throat. Somehow the shine in her hair had faded significantly.

Reply #7
[Lt. Rhys Williams| Below Deck's Lounge | Deck 28 | Vector 3 | USS Theurgy ] attn: @Dumedion @AbsintheDeux

Rhys slipped into the Lounge hoping desperately not to be noticed. He was not good at going unnoticed. The fact that he was so trying to avoid the eye tended to draw eyes on to himself. In addition, he was tall, rangy with redish blonde hair and shockingly blue eyes. He had worn his uniform in the hopes that this would help him to blend in. It turned out to be a huge mistake. No one else in the place was in uniform.

The young Welshman had even attempted to come at a time when he was sure most people would be off duty and he could bend into the crowd. The place was nearly empty. He put his hand over his eyes for a moment, this was just his luck. Worst of all there was someone sat at the bar he recognised. He had met Kino during a disastrous birthday party onboard an old bird of prey. He had the feeling that he had not come out of that encounter as her favourite person. Fortunately, she seemed to be engaged in a discussion or drinking contest, he was not sure which, with someone he did not recognise at all.

Praying that they would be too engrossed in what they were doing to notice him he took a seat at the bar. He chose a spot a few seats over. He wanted to avoid them but not look too much like he was avoiding them.

Rhys felt his heartbeat faster and the familiar pang of anxiety as he took his place and quietly ordered a drink he often had to calm his nerves. “Gin and Tonic Please.” He said softly, before focusing his eyes squarely on a PADD he had brought with him. Rhys was a counsellor his entire job was interacting with people and helping them with problems. In a professional setting he could do that easily. In a casual setting he was reduced to an anxiety riven mess.

The drink was placed before him and his eyes flicked over to the pair at the other side of the bar before going back to his PADD. The woman Kino was talking to stood out. Brightly coloured hair and unusual eyes, humanoid but clearly alien. He tracked through his memories trying to remember if he had seen her before and came up short. He’d have felt doubly embarrassed if he had met her before and could not remember her. Kino seemed to be showing her the ‘joys’ of alcohol, tequila in particular. He had never seen the appeal of that drink in particular, one might as well drink paint thinner.

Feeling uncomfortable as the only one in uniform, he opened the top a little, and tried to loosen up.  He had come here to relax and he was already feeling worse.

Reply #8
[PO2 Kino Jeen | Below Decks Lounge | Deck 28 | Vector 3 | USS Theurgy] Attn: @AbsintheDeux  @Juzzie
[Show/Hide]
“Custom,” the Trill repeated Artie's question, a brow arched in thought. “Y'know, I'm not sure why they do it like this honestly. It’s just the way I was shown,” she shrugged, then gestured around the bar. “You'll have to ask one of them about that.”

Her eyes wavered slightly, as the delayed fuse of her first shot kicked in, ramping her buzz up a notch. Tequila was notoriously famous for that: hitting her all at once, regardless how much the non-com drank. In contrast, the gradual intoxication was a pleasant change.

Kino noticed motion in the corner of her eye and glanced to watch Rhys Williams seat himself at the bar – lips curled at the sight. He seemed to be making every attempt to appear preoccupied and nonexistent, like a hole in the wall; which was a shame, really. Despite the unfortunate events that transpired at Red’s party, he seemed like a decent guy, and he'd stepped up to try to help Kino, regardless. The non-com respected that; even if his self-confidence was paper thin. “Well hey, there’s one now,” Kino chuckled quietly, wondering how red Rhys’ face would turn if Artie walked up to him.

Kino’s attention drifted from the shy LT to return to the purple haired girl just as Artie knocked her shot back. The Trill's dark brows lifted with amusement while the girl’s features twisted in disgust mixed with agony. Did pretty well for a first timer, Kino smirked with a nod. “Mostly, yeah,” Jeen chuckled at Artie’s question, “though there are more advanced techniques, but that’s for another time and place. Best to stick to the basics.”

Kino gathered up Artie’s spent lime quarter and set it back on the tray with the others, then slid a glass of water over to her. “First ones always the worst. You did good though,” she nodded again and offered Artie a slight pat on the shoulder. “If y’wanna meet someone really interesting – turn them peepers to my left,” she whispered conspiratorially. “Blonde with the PADD? Quite the interestin’ specimen. He’s an officer too – nice guy. Quiet, shy,” Kino grinned. “You'll like him. Names Rhys Williams.”

Without preamble or further ado – Kino straitened and turned to casually whistle at the councilor to get his attention.“Hey LT,” Kino grinned at him with a little wave, then gestured dramatically to her new associate. “Come say hello to Artie,” the Trills brows bounced teasingly, then turned back to her with a wink. “Y’all have fun. I’m gonna go throw some darts,” she slurred happily, then slid off the barstool with a drunken chuckle with a two fingered salute to them both.

"Come find me if yall wanna play a round," Kino grinned, then wandered off towards the dartboard.

Reply #9

Lt Reika Sh’laan | Below Decks Lounge | Deck 28 | Vector 3 | USS Theurgy

Reika walked into the bar.  There was a slight unconscious swaying of her hips as nearly all of her six-foot-tall frame walked into the Below Decks Lounge.  Her long white hair was half down (nearly to her backside)  and half up (in an intricate series of braids).  She had a short, black, leather mini-skirt and a form-fitting red shirt with a plunging neckline and fluttering sleeves.

It had been a long day, and unlike most of her days, this one was spent entirely behind a desk.  She needed to stretch her long legs and unwind, so without a look at whoever was in the lounge, she walked heal-toe in her four-inch stilettos over to the bar.  She didn’t even sit.  Instead, she simply set her hands on the bar, her fingers splayed out.  Her eyes unfocused and her chest heaved with a sigh releasing much of the tension that the Andorian had been holding in her shoulders throughout the day.

Even with her eyes closed, Sh’laan knew when the bartender was headed in her direction.  Her lids fluttered open and once the barkeep paused in front of her she said, “Andorian Ale chilled.”  She tipped her head and watched as her Andorian Ale was poured, and a spikey silver head caught her eye.  But it was only moments later that her alcohol was plunked in front of her. 

Picking up the mug and turning around so that her back rested against the bar, she held her mug in both hands and drained about half of it before coming up for air.  Some foam settled above her top lip and with an amused puff of air, a blue tongue wiped the froth from her lip.  Before she plunged back into the blue alcohol held in her hands, once again - almost unconsciously - her eyes flitted down the bar to the silver-haired Trill.  Her eyes sparkled with interest; but she let her herself survey the scene.

Blue eyes drifted to the other side of the bar and then casually out over the tables in the room, but no one really caught her eye like the silver-haired Trill, so she let her eyes rest there for a moment watching the woman playing with a match.  The flame ate up the wood on the match without her flinching - and interestingly enough without burning, discoloring, or hurting her fingers, and Reika wondered about what was going on with that.

Instead, the Andorian plunged back into her ale and polished it off, once again turning around and presenting an alluring profile down the bar as she once again motioned to the bartender who had served the beguiling Trill another shot.  But another woman seemed to be talking to her.  And then another person took a spot at the bar between her and the casual silvered head.  Should she go big and make a move or go home?
Lieutenant Reika Sh’laan, Assistant Chief of Operations (V3) [Show/Hide]
Ensign Sashenka Kreshkova, Unassigned Wolf Trainee [Show/Hide]

Reply #10
[Lt (JG) XamotZark zh’Ptrell (Lt. Zark) | Below Decks Lounge | Deck 28 | Vector 03 | Holosuite 01| USS Theurgy] @AbsintheDeux @Dumedion @Juzzie @Dree

Zark was off duty and breezed her way into the lounge with nary a care.  The day was over and that was the best part since she was now able to relax from all the tension she'd built up.  She'd only really stopped to change since what she had been wearing in her sparring bout with the Deputy earlier wasn't entirely appropriate. Her hair was still in a pony tail, while she had a thin white cotton top that hung off one shoulder and left her bra strap exposed.  A pair of leather leggings and a pair of ankle booties completed the look.  Just for silliness sake, she also had on a pair of black rimmed glasses.  For the Zhen, this wasn't all that standout though.  What was quite unusual was the shiner she had under her left eye and a barely dried split lip from where Ida had gotten in a couple of solid hits.  The Deputy had tried to get the medic to patch up the injuries, but Zark had waved it off as a reminder to keep her guard up and not be as impulsively aggressive.  She'd mostly forgotten this revelation by the time she'd put on her glasses and closed the locker door to find something to relax with. 

As soon as passed the door, Zark slowed down to survey the scene. The first thing that caught her attention was the riot of colour as she recognized their resident demo export, PO Jeen talking to someone with a fantastic combination of purple and magneta hair.  Jade-Green eyes travelled more and one person stood out, mostly cause he was in uniform and trying to look more comfortable.  Zark smiled as she bit her lower lip while her gaze settled on Rhys Williams and she casually waved at him while bobbing her eyebrows in his direction.  If she didn't feel the need for a drink she would have bee lined for him and immediately carried out on the eyebrow waving to help give the counsellor cardiovascular exercise while sitting still.

But, she was here for a drink and her gaze moved towards the bar and her interest spiked as she spotted another blue skin with antennae and the eyebrow arched as she made her way over to the statuesquely posing Andorian.  From the figure, Zark guessed she was most likely a Shen and settled in beside her, leaning over the bar.  The smell of the Andorian Ale was pretty noticeable. "Hi Xenia, can I get a blue spring wine from Dakhur please?"  The dark haired hologram smiled and nodded, and quickly returned with a large crystal stem glass filled with a slightly effervescent azur liquid.  Zark sipped her drink and took a moment to savour the rich fruity flavours while ignoring the sting the acid elicited from her cut lip before turning to smile at Andorian with the nice red shirt and very short shorts.   "That's a pretty potent way to start the night Sha."  Zark started as she smiled and raised her own glass in salute.  "As cliche as it sounds, I don't believe we've met. XamotZark zh’Ptrell, you can call me Zark.  Everyone does.  I don't believe we've been introduced." Since sliding her arm around the other's waist was too forward, Zark followed the safer human custom and held out her hand for the other Andorian to shake.

OOC: Sorry Rhys. Wah Wah Waaaaaaahhhhhhh.
Sha = Polite address to a Shen

Reply #11
Lt Reika Sh’laan | Below Decks Lounge | Deck 28 | Vector 3 | USS Theurgy| attn: @RyeTanker @AbsintheDeux  @Dumedion @Juzzie

As the bartender handed her another Andorian Ale, the off-duty OPS officer glanced down the bar once again as she held the tip of her tongue pressed against her top teeth as she contemplated her next move.  But before she was certain of how she wanted to handle the situation a rather bubbly Andorian nearly burst onto the scene, her ponytail waving behind her as she strode over and leaned over the bar next to the Shen.  Her attention being momentarily diverted from the trill at the other end of the bar, she couldn’t help but notice the nearly purple eye and the split lip on the Zhen.

But then as she leaned over requesting her drink, Reika also noticed the (for all practical purposes) one-shouldered white top, leather leggings, and ankle boots.  And the Zhen pulled it off admirably.  It hugged all the right places and hung in all the right places too. 

Reika eyed the other woman as she stood up once again holding her glass with the sparking blue liquid.  Reika could smell the bouquet from the wine as the Zhen held it up to her lips.  The aroma was rather beguiling.  Where the spring wine was a Zantha lily, Sh’laan’s drink was more an arrangement of Marseppian wildflowers.  One was finesse, one was in your face.  The Shen questioned her drink choice for all of a fraction of a second, but after the day she had and the headache the paperwork had given her, she needed more of a machete than a scalpel tonight.

“That’s a pretty potent way to start the night Sha,” the Zhen raised her glass at Reika.  “As cliche as it sounds, I don’t believe we’ve met.  XamotZark zh’Ptrell, you can call me Zark.  Everyone does.  I don’t believe we’ve been introduced."

Reika twisted herself around slightly and deposited her drink onto the bar before accepting the hand offered to her and giving it a firm but gracious shake.  “No, I don’t believe we have.  Reika Sh’laan.  Newly thawed. It’s nice to meet a fellow Andorian.”  Reika released the Zhen’s hand.  “I’m not familiar with a Dahkur wine, but it smells immensely pleasant.  And yes, this ale is potent.  It’s medicinal you know,” Sh’laan said tipping her head slightly as she picked her glass up again and took another, though smaller, pull of the liquid.  “It’s a miracle cure for any paperwork-induced headaches - of which mine is robust. However, it wouldn’t surprise me if you had a headache of your own.  Did you run into a bulkhead or a fist?”  Reika asked with a hint of amusement in her voice - though she knew that a black eye and split lip wasn’t funny, but the way in which the Zhen seemed to wear it with abandon was nearly comical to her.

Reply #12
[Lt. Rhys Williams| Below Deck's Lounge | Deck 28 | Vector 3 | USS Theurgy ] attn: @RyeTanker @Dumedion @AbsintheDeux @Dree

Rhys sat quietly nursing his drink and looking at his PADD. He was staring at it but not really taking in the information. The Lounge seemed to be rapidly filling up with attractive women. He had some sexual and romantic experience, but despite that he was always still nervous in the presence of people he was attracted to.

His response to Zark was a bit more complicated. He had actually always found her easy to talk to, but the wild Andorian also had a tendency to seemingly out of nowhere do something that would shock him. She and another Andorian had arrived in close proximity to one another. He wasn’t sure if they knew each other as Zark but her arm immediately around the other woman, but then that was common behaviour for her.

Zark had acknowledged him briefly with a wave, which he had returned with a smile. He did feel disappointed that she then bypassed him, but also slightly relieved. After all he never knew what she was about to do.

However, in the end he was approached. Kino waved him over. He swallowed a little more of his gin and carried it over. He very quickly put the glass down to avoid the obvious clinking of the ice cubes, that would display his anxiety. Kino introduced him to the woman with the brightly coloured hair and unusual eyes. “Um Hi… Artie.” He said stiffly. The Trill then proceeded to wink at him and disappear to go play darts. He attempted to raise an arm to halt her, but she was already on her way. Leaving Rhys with an attractive woman he did not know in a social situation. Purgatory.

“Have you ever played Darts?” He said weakly unable to cope with the few seconds of silence between them. “I’m not very good I prefer team games.” He said hands hyperactively moving as he began to feel he was babbling.

Reply #13
[Lt (JG) XamotZark zh’Ptrell (Lt. Zark) | Below Decks Lounge | Deck 28 | Vector 03 | Holosuite 01| USS Theurgy] @AbsintheDeux @Dumedion @Juzzie @Dree

Zark smiled as Reika shook her hand, then chuckled when she described the Ale as medicinal. She responded with a traditional view that people of the medical profession took that amount to a good natured scoffing of 'as if!' Still, she could sympathize with the need to dull the headache and nodded her agreement. 

The Andorian was forming an answer in her head about the wine when the Shen made her jab at Zark and she couldn't help but chuckle at the observation. "I'll have you know that I stopped running into walls around when I turned thirteen."  The Zhen's cheeks did dimple. "So if you think this is bad, you should see the shape of her fist when I stopped it with my head."  Zark giggled at her own joke. "Nah, it's not really that bad. Ida, or Lieutenant zh'Wann to most, and I were sparring and you know us, when we decide to go for it, we got a little carried away."  One blue bare, and one covered shoulder shrugged in unison. "There was some good give and take. I'll wake up tomorrow morning with a new set of bruises I need to use the dermal regenerator, and Ida is gonna be sensible, and get hers cleared up before she goes anywhere."

Zark signed as she took a sip of the wine and gently switched it around her mouth before swallowing then held up the azur filled crystal. "It's a wine from Bajor, and Dakhur has got some nice vineyards, especially near those along the rivers and seas. I do find their blue wines more consistent than the rose ones, plus they're usually pretty easy drinking.  I heard that some of the wineries also do really well as vacation villas." The Zhen leaned her head on her hand and the elbow sat on the bar top while the other hand took a moment to swirl the wine and created a whirlpool that captured some of the light from the bar.  The bubbles captured the light creating a shimmering effect.

Another sip then placed her crystal on the bar before raising herself back up to look at the Shen.  "So Reika, take a load off and tell me, what's been happening that needs such weapons grade anaesthesia?"  Zark took a moment to eye the Ale and grinned. "Out of curiosity, whose ale do you normally drink?"

Reply #14
[PO2 Kino Jeen | Below Decks Lounge | Deck 28 | Vector 3 | USS Theurgy] Attn: @RyeTanker @Dree @Juzzie @AbsintheDeux
[Show/Hide]
Thumbs tucked into the back of her belt, Kino made her way along the bar. The Trill bit her lip with a grin at the nervousness in Rhys’ voice, but didn’t linger – her attention had become fixated elsewhere. Somehow, she'd missed a new arrival to the scene, the sight of the long limbed Andorian chugging a pint enough to cause Kino to misstep. Mismatched blues blinked at the Andorian’s heels in appreciation first, then traveled up twinned legs, beautifully toned – the curves of her body accentuated by the tight miniskirt. Damn, hello Legs, Kino smiled as their eyes briefly met.

Jeen's head cocked to the side as she approached and noticed there was in fact two Andorian’s – the other one being LT zh’Ptrell, no less. Double jeopardy, she smirked. Kino knew the combat medic by reputation only; she doubted there were any aboard that didn’tZark, it was said, was one of the best brawlers on the ship and not to be trifled with. From what she’d read, the non-com tended to agree, but then again, you never really knew until you stepped into the ring. Kino grinned at the bruise and cut on the Andorian’s lip as their eyes met briefly as well, chin lifted in greeting as the Trill passed. Decently buzzed as Kino was, she saw no need to interrupt and look foolish. Besides, Zark had gotten there first; there was a code of ethics to such things.

At the replicator at the very end of the bar, Kino paused to order herself a talk glass of ice water and a box of darts; with a casual glance back to Zark’s leggy acquaintance. Their eyes met again, over the top of Zark’s head, and Kino smiled knowingly as she took a sip of water. Two for two, the Trill grinned, one more look Legs, an this’ll get really interestin’. Kino tilted her head and held the mystery Andorian’s gaze while she turned to set her glass of water on a table along the wall, then set about warming herself up for a few rounds of darts – curious and interested to see how the night panned out for everyone.

Reply #15
Lt Reika Sh’laan | Below Decks Lounge | Deck 28 | Vector 3 | USS Theurgy| attn: @RyeTanker @AbsintheDeux  @Dumedion @Juzzie

Reika picked up her refill in both hands and wrapped them entirely around the mug while listening to Zark’s antics, but noticed the dimple in blue cheek as she described the shape of the other person’s fist.

Just how hard is that head of yours?” Reika asked with a grin.  “I mean if you could disfigure the ensuing fist…” she let her words trail off.

But she listened to Zark’s continued bubbling over.  Reika enjoyed her companion of the moment’s exuberance.  “So if Lieutenant Zh’Wann is being sensible by getting her injuries seen to, what does that make you, Zark?

But as Zark started discussing Bajor’s various wines, her deep blue eyes flitted quickly over to the pale-skinned, white-haired Trill throwing darts with dangerous accuracy.  She left the pale-skinned woman with a grin and a wink.  But it was only a split second before her eyes were back on the other Andorian who was still chatting.

Reika turned around and leaned against the bar again.  She set her elbows on top of the bar, her ale still held in her right hand as Zark asked her question about her choice of poison.

Ha,”  Reiki chuckled.  “It’s nothing like you think,” she shook her head.  “I used to be a Tactical officer.  Some days it was absolutely wonderful.  The physical exertion, beating out my frustrations either by sparring or by taking care of people who crossed Starfleet, PT, shooting range practice.  Rarely did I sit still.  Don’t get me wrong,  I’m good at Operations.  Damn good.  Sometimes to my detriment.  Getting stuck behind a desk for days at a time can leave me with an incredible headache.  And I’m in one of those stretches right now.  It looks like I’ve got another day or two of it, so I’m enjoying this numbing agent.  I may even get a start on tomorrow’s headache tonight.” she said taking another pull of the Ale.

And as to my usual poison, it’s usually an Altairian brandy.  It’s certainly a much more sophisticated drink and one I enjoy immensely, but when the headache’s bad enough, nothing but Andorian ale will touch it.”  Sh’laan raised her glass as if in salute before taking another sip. 

Simple Audio Video Embedder